Look Up

Dralcax

Kai's edit is good. (matches Outline around Hapori with outline around text= win, although said border could be thinner)And the text could be silver. And the backdrop could be a lighter blue.And I could be dreaming. :)

Yeah, that border could be a little thinner. I made it that way mostly to match the thickness of the border at the websites' top as a whole. Don't know if it'd work better thinner or not; I'll have to try that out sometime.But the backdrop is actually transparent, so adding a "lighter blue" would just make it look out of place and ugly, unless you want to change the forum skin as a whole, but that would rid the whole blue-contrast thing this skin has going on and instead make the entire site a pale blue which isn't the best way to go.And the silver thing, as InnerRayg put it, isn't there on the skin and would probably clash more than mesh.(then again yellow really isn't on the skin either but it matches the gears and its small enough and does make it pop out more without clashing so w/e)

Kai's edit is good. (matches Outline around Hapori with outline around text= win, although said border could be thinner)And the text could be silver. And the backdrop could be a lighter blue.And I could be dreaming. :)

Yeah, that border could be a little thinner. I made it that way mostly to match the thickness of the border at the websites' top as a whole. Don't know if it'd work better thinner or not; I'll have to try that out sometime.But the backdrop is actually transparent, so adding a "lighter blue" would just make it look out of place and ugly, unless you want to change the forum skin as a whole, but that would rid the whole blue-contrast thing this skin has going on and instead make the entire site a pale blue which isn't the best way to go.And the silver thing, as InnerRayg put it, isn't there on the skin and would probably clash more than mesh.(then again yellow really isn't on the skin either but it matches the gears and its small enough and does make it pop out more without clashing so w/e)
The yellow was also not my decision :P

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

I specifically said that HT is there to let people know that we're NOT forgetting our heritage. We are well aware of the fact that BZPower exists because a group of people all loved BIONICLE. But yes, BIONICLE is dead. As a brand, LEGO is done with BIONICLE. It is not coming back. BIONICLE is owned and operated solely by TLG, and they are through with it. Don't get me wrong, I am very very pro the works of fans in the library, in the BBC, even the fans attempting to make new BIONICLE projects. But that doesn't change the fact that from a marketing perspective, BIONICLE is dead.

For now.
I'm sorry, but no. TLG has stated publicly that BIONICLE is gone. That it is done. Even if Greg finds the time to update the rest of the serials, that does not change the fact that for all intents and purposes, from a company and marketing perspective, the line is dead. It is done. TLG does not want to bring it back, it was good for awhile, but then it was financially unjustifiable. They are not going to bring back a line that was costing them money. Not when Hero Factory is doing well, and they have other constraction hopes and goals. Saying "for now" does not change this. It is dead. I'm sorry, but that's the real world.And that's why the banner says "LEGO", and even if BIONICLE came back in twenty years, if we are still around (and I'd like to believe we would be!), we would still stay as a general LEGO forum. So let's all talk about the banner some more, and not the same, rehashed, concluded argument the site has had since BIONICLE was canceled.
Nah, in 20 years we'll all be dead. :PGlad to see that Tohu's back. Although he does look a little bland without the explosion behind him...And apparently we're now "Lego news, reference, and discussion." The problem with that is that BZPower is an acronym for "Bionicle Zone Power." Bit of a contradiction there. So are we going to end us being "LZPower," or what? Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

So are we going to end us being "LZPower," or what?

Nope. BZPower will remain BZPower for the sake of tradition.All that's really changed is the forum layout has a wider focus on things outside of the breadth of Bionicle while still maintaining the core Bionicle discussions. The banner is keenly reflecting that.IE we're having our cake, and eating it too.Fair question, though. Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

If we want to make this a Lego discussion site, I really doubt an acronym for a Bionicle fan site will help. I guess we should try to "have our cake and eat it, too" but it just seems like we're only doing this thing halfway.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Not really? We've identified ourselves as BZP for the last decade. You can change your focus without arbitrarily changing identity, especially since we aren't even close to wanting to phase out Bionicle. The BBC and fan-fiction forums are still quite active in that regard.We can't really claim to be a "Bionicle News" site since that sort of news no longer exists. But this being a Bionicle site is totally still a thing that never stopped existing, creatively. PM bonuses are still Bionicle themed, as are the yearly spinnies. People still do artwork and build and write about Bionicle.Heck, Ray is making a comic just up there in the pinned section that, as you will come to find;

Has a rich Bionicle backbone

.We just also have a continued interest in covering Lego as a whole, because hey Lego's pretty cool I guess? Hence the "Lego News, Reference and Discussion" tagline. Another thing that might help to consider is, and it's sometimes easy to forget, Bionicle is a Lego theme too! So in reality, Bionicle is still up there in the subtitle, if only cleverly hidden in some imaginary Venn Diagram.You just have to read between the lines.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Not really? We've identified ourselves as BZP for the last decade. You can change your focus without arbitrarily changing identity, especially since we aren't even close to wanting to phase out Bionicle. The BBC and fan-fiction forums are still quite active in that regard.

Not to mention that the Bionicle Storyline and Theories forum is still active. Really. We haven't ran out of stuff to over-analyze yet. Edited by fishers64

But you guys just said Bionicle was dead!

In LEGO's eyes, it is. But even a long dead story can foster discussion and fan works. BIONICLE is still largely what brought the various members of this site together, so even if we diversify to other LEGO themes, BIONICLE will ensure that BZP's userbase will have a unique perspective compared to other LEGO fansites. This is evident even now, in how the BZP editorial staff treats oft-scorned themes like Hero Factory, Ninjago, and even Friends with an open-minded attitude.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Honestly, I've got no objection to the change in tagline. You can argue back and forth over what defines a "dead" line, but the fact of the matter is that BZP itself does make room for general Lego discussion, and as interest in Bionicle wanes, it's not only more representative of BZP as a whole but also more welcoming to adopt a tagline that refers to Lego as a whole. Besides, as others have mentioned, Bionicle falls under the category of Lego, and having Hapori Tohu up top and forums like S&T or the Creative Outlets means we're still a far cry from abandoning Bionicle or BZP's heritage.And if you're worried about the name BZP/BZPower being nonrepresentative - as a guy who goes by a three-letter username, I can assure you that acronyms can transcend their original meanings quite easily.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Tohu returns. And now I await the forum skins. One day...

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 2 weeks later...

BZP can't become LZP without plagiarizing another site. :PGiven that and the fact that BZP has been BZP for ten odd years, I highly doubt that it will change at all.

Well, technically 11 now in a few months, but honestly? It's going to stay as BZP. Also, Tohu's return is nice, it didn't seem the same without his face there, to be honest.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

:kaukau: Tohu's back! Ah, the simple pleasures of life. I am content.You know, normally I like to get highly analytical, but something about the phrase "simple pleasures of life" and the word "content" seem to put an end to me overthinking things.AAs for being called a Lego site, I really don't care. Heck, I guess that's what it is, nowadays.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh