Kid Icarus Uprising

Blank0000

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Earth-collector/Drawings/awesome.pngSo, as we all know, the new game Kid Icarus for the 3DS is coming up. Its pretty much shaping up to be one of the best games for 3DS. It will have extremely good Multi-Player and an epic single player. Now I personally will be pre-ordering it and getting on launch. This will be the topic to disscuss anything and everything about the game! Also, once realesed this will be the topic that holds the Multi player disscussions.Multi-Player is going to be one big crazy mess if we don't make some BZP ranking, assuming they don't have leader boards and communities in the Game... So I suggest we send around friend codes once the game comes out and if you want you can post them here ahead of time, if you want, just give them to me and I will enter them up here. Just a heads up, if communities do end up showing up, then this will be for nothing, but still helpful non the less.3DS FC'sBjoacx, 1289-8761-2234So have at it! Edited by Gephyrophobia

It does look pretty awesome. I watched the trailer about weapons, and was jealous the entire time. I too will be pre-ordering it, hoping for a sweet bonus.

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

blue=taken, red=in progress

I think I pre-ordered it nearly a year ago... wasn't this supposed to be a launch title?I am glad that we get a free download of Kid Icarus (3D Classic) for preordering. I wish Nintendo did this for more games. I mean, a 3D Classic for Luigi's Mansion when preordering LM2? Or SMB3 with 3D Land? Or even Smash 64 with Smash 3DS? That would be awesome.

No, it was simply supposed to be released last year. It was just that people assumed that it'd be a launch title. =PAlso, you guys should be glad you get a free download for it. =P *Offer isn't available here in Canada* =(

It's a pre-order bonus, so they probably will simply hand you them like any other preorder bonus.Then again, it's EB Games, so they might just open the box and stick the cards in there. =PI would've liked the code, though, since free games are always good. But instead, Canada gets the short end of the stick. Again. -_-;

Yeah, no. I'm not driving for like a day just to preorder a game, and then drive all the way back then when it releases. That's not 'free'; and I could just get the game for cheaper. =P That is, of course, assuming that NoA has the sense to put the game up for actual, you know, purchase here. >_>

If I remember correctly, in the 2010 Nintendo Power E3 coverage, Sakurai said the game was intentionally given a simple design to get it out as close to launch as possible. It was scheduled to come out last year, though. That and Luigi's Mansion 2 :I was a little iffy on the game when it was first announced, but it's shaping up really well. The control scheme is a little worrying, and I'm a lefty so I'll probably have to get the Circle Pad Pro. I have the game preordered on Amazon, so I'll probably get the 3D Classics game before the game itself xDI'm really impressed with what Sakurai has done with such a simple concept; that man is the worst perfectionist the industry has ever seen. :P

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

1. Yeah; well; I don't think things were originally planned as they went back with last year's launch. =P(Well, let's look at the signs... Black and White released right before the console here, which was kinda a shocker, and then games that were said to be launch games were out a few months, indicating they kinda rushed a little. Like the browser and eShop.)2. Get it anyway; you'll need it for when Monster Hunter gets here, whether it be 3G or 4. =P3. Yeah, you gotta admit this has been shaping up way differently than probably anyone predicted. xD

If I remember correctly, in the 2010 Nintendo Power E3 coverage, Sakurai said the game was intentionally given a simple design to get it out as close to launch as possible. It was scheduled to come out last year, though. That and Luigi's Mansion 2 :I was a little iffy on the game when it was first announced, but it's shaping up really well. The control scheme is a little worrying, and I'm a lefty so I'll probably have to get the Circle Pad Pro. I have the game preordered on Amazon, so I'll probably get the 3D Classics game before the game itself xDI'm really impressed with what Sakurai has done with such a simple concept; that man is the worst perfectionist the industry has ever seen. :P

As I recall, Luigi's Mansion 2 was always planned for a 2012 release (Q1, which is nearly over.)And Sakurai is awesome. The creator of Kirby and Smash... I love that guy.

OH MY GOSHI WANT THIS GAME SO BADThe trailers I saw for the game, including multiplayer are just epic! And you can get a free game with it too! The AR cards seem decent, but I just love EVERYTHING about the game, and I haven't even played it! Who else thinks the Fiend's Cauldron is an interesting concept?

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

OK, the Fiend's Cauldron is where you change the difficulty. You bet a certain amount of hearts (which are the game's currency, in case you didn't know) in order to do so. The higher the difficulty, the more hearts you earn, and you get better weapons at the end of each level. However, if you die, you lose the hearts you bet, and the difficulty automatically lowers. So in short, you should play at the highest difficulty you can manage, and try and develop a strategy so that you can revisit levels on higher difficulties to get the better rewards I mentioned.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

I'm exicted for Uprising. It was the game that convinced me to buy a 3DS...at launch...because I thought it'd be out sooner. But, eh. Only...18 more days. I actually don't have the money for it, though...well...I can get it...long story...Not so sure, when I get money very soon, if I should buy Uprising, save it for Xenoblade Chronicles, get Saints Row: The Third...Not sure, so many games to get...Anyways, it seems like a cool game, and the Fiend's Cauldron is an interesting system. I love how Nintendo always innovates, but I usually like to try their innovations before declaring them good, as occasionally their ideas sound a lot better than they work (Virtual Boy, anyone? Course, they reused that idea and perfected it just about...).

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Only thing I don't like so far is the lack of a dual-analog option, because I despise touchscreen aiming in shooters. Otherwise, seems great.Also AR cards will apparently be sold in packs, so that will be interesting...Also, anyone else seen the short animated video on Nintendo Video yet? They will apparently be done by a bunch of Japanese animation studios (the first was by I.G. Studios, and there's one coming from SHAFT, the studio behind Puella Magi Madoka Magica, which was probably the best anime of 2011), and there will apparently be quite a few of them.

Edited by Terminus24

I thought that its probably one of the best ideas ever, although, Kingdom Hearts uses that same kind of idea... I guess they should get most of the credit...

Kingdom Hearts just has difficulty levels. This lets you scale the difficulty from 0.1 to 9.0

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

I thought that its probably one of the best ideas ever, although, Kingdom Hearts uses that same kind of idea... I guess they should get most of the credit...

Kingdom Hearts just has difficulty levels. This lets you scale the difficulty from 0.1 to 9.0
Ever played re:coded for NDS? In that game you can make the heartless have more or less health, if they have less health the item dropwill be more frequent... Pretty much the same ideaBut on a more kid Icarus note, I got my issue of game informer yesterday and to my surprise it came with a pit, kid Icarus card!

Ever played re:coded for NDS? In that game you can make the heartless have more or less health, if they have less health the item dropwill be more frequent... Pretty much the same ideaBut on a more kid Icarus note, I got my issue of game informer yesterday and to my surprise it came with a pit, kid Icarus card!
No it's not. This difficulty change is basically a betting system, you win hearts for winning on higher difficulties, but it also makes more enemies, with different layouts appear, and some events or bosses only happen on certain difficulties. Finally, you get better weapons on higher difficulties.Re:Coded's 'cheats' are very different.

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

GUYS.KI: U got a perfect score from Famitsu.This is huuuge.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Famitsu hands out perfect scores like candy. I always wait for international scores, as I think Nintendogs got around a 7.5 in the US. Most recent same score I can think of is Xenoblade, which got perfect scores across Japan and Europe. However, I still think KI:U will score pretty high (although not perfect since people over here really want dual analog control options, instead of only the touchscreen).

Awfully critical, don't you think?It still looks awesome. Just found out that battles are over wi-fi: I can get beaten to a pulp over the internet!

I figure I may as well do PBZPs now. But, I have a terrible work ethic,so they may take a while.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

blue=taken, red=in progress

Well yeah, Famitsu does give them to some weird games like Nintendogs, but they do sometimes give them to good games. Like Wind Waker. =P

Meh, I'm really not a fan of touchscreen shooters at all. Didn't like the touchscreen controls in Bionicle: Heroes and Metroid Prime Hunters, I much preferred the button controls.Anyways I'll have to buy the CPP since I'm a lefty, so a dual-analog thing should have been included because of all the leftys who will buy the CPP.