Kid Icarus Uprising

Blank0000

I think I might get it tommorow for easter.I also did hear that there's an option to not use the touchscreen OR that Second-Circle-Pad-Add-on/Whatever -it's-called. Is that true?

Sort of. The second circle pad is only there to add a left handed mode, but they is an option for analog control. Beyond that, the controls are customizable.

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

Have 3 Chapters left, and the game is absolutely amazing. Not only is the gameplay fantastic and the story pretty good, but it also the funniest game I've played since the Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi games. I swear the fourth wall is shattered into tiny little pieces by the end of the game, and a lot of the other dialogue is pretty funny too.Also, a bit on the gameplay front: the controls are fantastic, although I greatly prefer the Air Battle Controls to the Land Battle ones, mainly because turning can be a pain (and the handling on the vehicles (mainly the Exo-Tank) is horrendous). Also I use right-handed controls, even though I'm a lefty (although I'm actually slightly more of an ambidextrous person), as the game is basically broken without the use of a circle pad to control Pit, but it works great for me (although I use the DSi XL's massive stylus most of the time). Also, I only really use the stand for long 3D play sessions, as it keeps the 3D really steady, and it's not much useful otherwise (however- it's an amazing Netflix stand. If you use Netflix on your 3DS a lot, the stand is an awesome accessory).Also wondering, are there just two treasure hunt panels, or is there another one?

Pyrrhon quite enjoys this game, though he wishes there was options to play as other characters. (Such as himself)

In all seriousness, this game was hilarious. I quite enjoyed the absurdity of the story, along with the often ridiculous conversations throughout the levels. The weapon diversity has proven interesting, especially how diverse even weapons within the same class can be from each other. I've taken an addiction to using the Raptor Claws, along with the Taurus Arm. The controls don't bother me in the slightest... I find it hard to go back to basic game controls after playing it at times.

The multiplayer is overall my favorite part of the game. The bosses are cool, but there is nothing like taking on other people instead of computer controlled enemies.

Light Vs. Dark is awesome.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Just got the Kid Icarus 3D Classics port, quite a good game. Although I have yet to beat the first level.

Well savour it, there are only 3 :P

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

I must say: the difficulty curve of the original Kid Icarus is pure evil. I've never died so many times in a game as I have in Kid Icarus.

Are you playing the game as it was when it was released, or using the new easy mode for the 3D Classics release?

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

It isn't really an Easy Mode per say; you can play the game with updated controls that make it easier for you to maneuver/shoot/etc.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

There's an easy mode? I'm playing at the original difficulty, never knew about easy mode.

It isn't really an Easy Mode per say; you can play the game with updated controls that make it easier for you to maneuver/shoot/etc.

Basically this. I'm pretty sure it's easy mode by default :PDo you dare try the original difficulty?

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

Yeah, I am on like... 1-3 I think... I has green hair... XDBut yeah, this game is amazing and I would love to play with someone soon, so Ill exange friend codes with anyone who wants too...Edit: By "this game" I mean uprising, also, I took an anunouched break from bzp, so yeah, I'm back... Probably couldn't care less but I am...

Edited by Blank0000

• 2 weeks later...

JiMing: Just put it in spoiler tags. =PBut wow. This game is amazing. I liked it when *Spoilers* turned out to be *Spoilers* and *Spoilers* with *Spoilers* *Spoilers* *Spoilers*.=PI liked everything, let's put it that way. Got the game about... three days ago. =PTerminus: I like Light vs. Dark. Even if some people don't get that you need to protect your Angel, unless said angel goes to destroy the opposing angel. >>'Got an awesome Daybreaker kill earlier today, though; I got the last piece of the Daybreaker, but Bumblebee activated, sending me away. Just as I was about to use it to kill the Angel. Hit the button and everything. Awesome thing, however, is that it needs to charge up, so I swung the camera around, and managed to somehow hit the Angel. It had more or less full health, too, and killed the Angel in one hit. The Daybreaker is amazing. Not so much when it's used against you. =P(Though, oddly enough, someone used it against me once, when the Angel on my team was like halfway across the map. 0_o)

Edited by Blade: Sodium Hypochlorite

LvD is fun, although I find myself usually on the losing team :P. I still enjoy it, just like FFA better.Also, has anyone gotten a ??? Gem? Got one yesterday from SpotPass, it gives you 5 hearts and can't become a weapon. Wondering if it's a glitch or something?

I'm never not up for a battle. :P And I'm pretty sure empty spots are filled by CPUs, so it's always 6 players. You can do together with yourself, against CPU players, but they actually are (usually) more difficult than humans. :PAlso, it might be a glitch, since I got 2 SpotPass gems yesterday (Paw Pad Orbitars and ???)And, I noticed something while using the KI AR Cards: The 3DS is the rebirth of the E-Reader! (Do people still know what that is? =P)

Alright; give me a moment, and I'll get back online. =) And you can change the number of players for friend battles. ;)Well, that's definitely a glitch... The only time I've gotten two Gems is the first day I had it, and that's probably only because, well, I got it that day, and only stopped playing when the clock had already rolled over. =PYou've got a very good point there. I, for one, welcome our E-Reader overlords.

Yeah, that would be fun. =/ Especially since they've already dabbled in match recording with that multiplayer trailer on the eShop(One of the things that got me excited for KI: U, and made the Rail Temple my favourite multiplayer stage. =P), but I guess that since they only barely got online into it apparently...

Yeah, they had quite a bit to fit in the game. And to think it was originally a launch game, and came out a year after the 3DS. Although a battle recording feature would be preferred over AR cards, but oh well.Anyways, anyone see the hilarious speech that happens if you wait on the screen after the credits forint a few minutes? Arguably one of the funniest parts of the game.

I've had ??? gems, (Or seen a friend of mine with one) and I'm pretty sure for streetpass gems at least, they mean a Zodiac Chamber weapon you haven't unlocked yet.Also, I'm great at LvD or 1 on 1 battles online.FfA though...I'm gonna have to replay the final boss again for the speech.. xDAlso, can anyone give me an explanation on how Bumblebee works..? I'm baffled...

LvD is fun, although I find myself usually on the losing team :P. I still enjoy it, just like FFA better.Also, has anyone gotten a ??? Gem? Got one yesterday from SpotPass, it gives you 5 hearts and can't become a weapon. Wondering if it's a glitch or something?

I've had ??? gems, (Or seen a friend of mine with one) and I'm pretty sure for streetpass gems at least, they mean a Zodiac Chamber weapon you haven't unlocked yet.

Those gems are of weapons you have not unlocked, they are not necessarily zodiac weapons. Usually you can unlock them in story or by completing the Treasure Hunt challenges.It is not a glitch though.