I am currently playing through Prime 3, and I think we should have a topic about the series.Who else follows the adventures of Samus Aran?-Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

I've been a big fan of Metroid since Fusion and Prime came out. I particularly like Metroid Prime 3. It had some of the best music I've ever heard in a video game, in my humble opinion. I really hope a new game comes out soon.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm kind of appalled that Nintendo isn't doing anything for Metroid's 25th anniversary. I mean I'm glad Zelda's getting so much attention, but would it kill them to spread the love a little?

Maybe Nintendo didn't, but the fans sure did. You should all check out Harmony Of A Hunter. It's easily one of the best video game albums I've ever heard, and I've heard plenty.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

Harmony of a Hunter is like VARIAtions, right? If so, I'm sure it'll be good! But I joined in Metroid around 2001 because of Fusion and Prime. (The Frigate... Man, that place always gives me chills)

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

I always watched my neighbor play the original Metroid game on the Super Nintendo when I was little. Then I got Prime 1, and loved the series. I'd definitely agree that the soundtracks, gameplay, and even graphics of the Metroid Prime series are great :3 Metroid gets bonus points for graphics considering it's a Nintendo console series. EDIT- Just listened to the three Prime Title Screen songs, and the Meta Ridley battle from Prime 1. They truly did a good job with this series..

Edited by Gladiator Vak

I always watched my neighbor play the original Metroid game on the Super Nintendo when I was little. Then I got Prime 1, and loved the series. I'd definitely agree that the soundtracks, gameplay, and even graphics of the Metroid Prime series are great :3 Metroid gets bonus points for graphics considering it's a Nintendo console series. EDIT- Just listened to the three Prime Title Screen songs, and the Meta Ridley battle from Prime 1. They truly did a good job with this series..

SNES? You mean Super Metroid then? Because the original was on Famicom/NES. Also those aren't even the really good songs (except Corruption's Theme). Try the overworld themes (Tallon, Phendrana, Magmoor, etc) from Prime. THOSE are the AMAZING songs. Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

Aaaah, Metroid. I do love those games. My favourite has to be Prime 1 (which is even better with the Wii controls). It had a fantastic atmosphere that really envoked the feel of you being completely alone on a hostile world. The soundtrack was stunning, the graphics and environments are beautiful even now and the gameplay and exploration were both fantastic. It's one of my favourite games of all time. I'm a sucker for games that give you progressive upgrades/improvements, aren't completely shooter-dominated and allow for a balance between linearity and exploration through beautiful environments set in the future with awesome space tech and good music. So, yeah. It was kinda the perfect game for me. =D

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

So much love for this series. I actually did get and play the entirety of the Prime Trilogy this summer, and it was amazing. And they alll have wonderful themes, but I agree that Prime 1 had the best. Magmoor, Phendrana, Thardus, and the title themes are all spectacular. Of course, there is some competition in the Aurora Unit, Quadraxis, Lower Torvus, and Elysia themes ... honestly, I can't think of a theme from those games that I didn't like. ~B~

I'm a big fan of Metroid and Metroid-like games. I have only completed Zero Mission, but that is because I am a newish fan and I have been seperated from my Wii since I moved into my dorm. But I am currently making very good progress on the original game on the 3DS.

Edited by J46 Nui

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Unfortunately I'm having trouble getting into Other M. I have the game, but I just can't play it to be honest. I'm horrified by what'll they do to Samus. ;_; Heard it was bad. I really don't mind a little emotion, in fact that'd be awesome to see some in Samus because otherwise she's just robot. But... I hear they over did it. And frankly I'm scared. :/ Besides that, I'm a HUGE Metroid fan. Love the music and can't wait for Fusion's relaunch on the 3DS. :3

I liked this game since i was little, i think my first metroid game i got was metroid prime 2 echoes, then i got other metroid games, but its an AWSOME series, beats most other popular games popular today by a long shot.Edit1: Idc was people said about metroid other M, its an awsome game, idgaf if samus acts all "emotional" or something like that, or tells her story like a diary, the gameplay is awsome, so are the graphics and the story.Edit2: Metroid 2, that game i got confused lol, but i got lucky at gamestop like years ago and bought it there. It's a pretty tough game, but i finished it. I wish nintendo could do a remake of metroid 2.

Edited by Kv195

Ghost_in_the_Shell_Sig_by_aose.jpg

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

I love Metroid, Okami, and pretty much any other adventure game/series(though none is as high as those two on my list). I do have to agree with the assessment about the fans' role in celebrating the 25th anniversary: I think they even went beyond what Nintendo did for Zelda. -MT

XPufEB3.png?1

I'm a fan from the series since the Metroid Fusion came out. From then I started to play every single game of it. Though I couldn't play the prime series since I dont have either a Gamecube or Wii, I still watched them via #######. Maybe it's because of that why I fell so bad when Other M fell so disappointing for the people who bought the game. And maybe is because of Metroid being not-so-famous that Nintendo did not celebrate his 25th aniversary. Still, I think is one of Nintendo's greatest franchise ever.

No banner. :D

Metroid is one of Nintendo's Big 5. It's just not in the top 3/4. It's either 4 or 5, regrettably, and I think Kirby or Smash Bros (Maybe both) out sell it. Sadly, I have lost Zero Mission over the years, and my Classic Controller has broken. (Never have gotten the chance to own a SNES copy of Super ;-; ) As such, I have not played it in a while. How is Metroid II? I can't find it anywhere, but plan on buying it somehow soon.

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

Metroid is one of Nintendo's Big 5. It's just not in the top 3/4. It's either 4 or 5, regrettably, and I think Kirby or Smash Bros (Maybe both) out sell it. Sadly, I have lost Zero Mission over the years, and my Classic Controller has broken. (Never have gotten the chance to own a SNES copy of Super ;-; ) As such, I have not played it in a while. How is Metroid II? I can't find it anywhere, but plan on buying it somehow soon.

For the fans, it's just too linear. But for me,it's great. :) You should check this out, this guy is making a remake of Metroid 2 all by itself: http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

I'm a fan from the series since the Metroid Fusion came out. From then I started to play every single game of it. Though I couldn't play the prime series since I dont have either a Gamecube or Wii, I still watched them via #######. Maybe it's because of that why I fell so bad when Other M fell so disappointing for the people who bought the game. And maybe is because of Metroid being not-so-famous that Nintendo did not celebrate his 25th aniversary. Still, I think is one of Nintendo's greatest franchise ever.

Other M was disappointing? Why? Because a whole bunch of people whined about the story and never tried to have fun with the gameplay? For me, Other M, while they screwed up horribly in the department of Samus' personality, gave me quite a bit of hope as to where a 3rd person Metroid could go. Personally, I would prefer some controls similar to DMC or Darksiders(sensemoving spam kinda got boring after a while), and then the ability to actually move in 1st person(or just no 1st person at all), and it'd be a great game. Tack on the ability to move your camera angle, and return to a more tradtional Metroid story, and I think you could quite possibly have the greatest Metroid game of all time.

Unfortunately I'm having trouble getting into Other M. I have the game, but I just can't play it to be honest. I'm horrified by what'll they do to Samus. ;_; Heard it was bad. I really don't mind a little emotion, in fact that'd be awesome to see some in Samus because otherwise she's just robot. But... I hear they over did it. And frankly I'm scared. :/

Well, if you're flat out scared about the new Samus, then no, don't play it. I personally think it's worth a playthrough just to give a 3rd person Metroid game a shot. If you really don't want to hear Samus at all, then turn subtitles off and mute the tv during the ridiculously long cutscenes.

Metroid is one of Nintendo's Big 5. It's just not in the top 3/4. It's either 4 or 5, regrettably, and I think Kirby or Smash Bros (Maybe both) out sell it. Sadly, I have lost Zero Mission over the years, and my Classic Controller has broken. (Never have gotten the chance to own a SNES copy of Super ;-; ) As such, I have not played it in a while.

In terms of sales, Metroid's #4, behind Mario, Donkey Kong, and then Zelda(unless you count Smash Bros, which would be #2, and would bump DK and Zelda down to #3 and #4 respectively). In terms of which series Nintendo cares about, I would say Metroid's #3. As much as they ignored Metroid's 25th anniversary, it was DK's 30th anniversary a couple years ago. And Nintendo said absolutely nothing about it. The whole Zelda celebration was to increase sales for Skyward Sword. Back when Corruption was coming out, Nintendo dedicated a whole month to celebrating Metroid, releasing videos, old games, posters, etc. It's kinda sad that Corruption wasn't there to increase Nintendo's attention on Metroid during it's 25th anniversary, but hey: the fans picked up the slack. -MT

XPufEB3.png?1

I'm kind of appalled that Nintendo isn't doing anything for Metroid's 25th anniversary. I mean I'm glad Zelda's getting so much attention, but would it kill them to spread the love a little?

Actually, they are celebrating it next year: when Metroid was released in America. To celebrate, they are making a statuette of Zero-Suit Samus an 8th in size, and a somewhat articulated figure of Power-Suit Samus (I'm not sure what size), both based on their appearances from Metroid: Other M.http://tomopop.com/photo.phtml?post_key=20793&photo_key=98582#prevnextPersonally, I think they look amazing. Edited by Tomakuta

Yeah, Fusion is reaaally hard, I remember beating the first run all by myself, and then a few by cheating... :biggrin:

Actually, they are celebrating it next year: when Metroid was released in America. To celebrate, they are making a statuette of Zero-Suit Samus an 8th in size, and a somewhat articulated figure of Power-Suit Samus (I'm not sure what size), both based on their appearances from Metroid: Other M. http://tomopop.com/p...=98582#prevnext Personally, I think they look amazing.
Done, I'm selling my house to buy it. But does it actually have a price?

Yeah, Fusion is reaaally hard, I remember beating the first run all by myself, and then a few by cheating... :biggrin:

Actually, they are celebrating it next year: when Metroid was released in America. To celebrate, they are making a statuette of Zero-Suit Samus an 8th in size, and a somewhat articulated figure of Power-Suit Samus (I'm not sure what size), both based on their appearances from Metroid: Other M. http://tomopop.com/p...=98582#prevnext Personally, I think they look amazing.
Eh, I think 40-60 dollars/euro/kronos/whatever currency you use...?I'm not sure, but it's very pricey.

Eh, I think 40-60 dollars/euro/kronos/whatever currency you use...?I'm not sure, but it's very pricey.
I guess that's cool, but I would much rather have a shiny new Metroid game for that price. Edited by Zakann The Diabolical

p

I guess that's cool, but I would much rather have a shiny new Metroid game for that price.
I would think twice, since the currency of Nintendo making a Metroid game is pretty slow... Also, it doesn't depend on my type of money, but the one of the creator of the figure. Edited by .:Cyber-JM:.

Anyone think they'll make a post-Fusion game?

If they do, it better have Anthony Higgs in it. I loved that guy.
Rememba' Me? Ah yeah. He was awesome. Still, at this point, wouldn't Samus be an enemy of his? She's a fugitive from the Galactic Federation...

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

I wouldn't think so. Higgs practically went against the Federation for Samus' sake at the end of Other M, so I can't imagine him betraying her over her status after the events of Fusion. And the situation at the end of each game was pretty similar as well.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

I have Prime Trilogy for my Wii, and I LOVE it. I've between all three games once, and I'm currently working through again just for fun. I've never played Other M, but I plan on picking it sometime and playing through it. I have seen the Other M movie though, so I know all about the story. Lastly, to those complaining about the anniversary, check out Harmony of a Hunter. Oh, and I threw something together if anyone wants to see it :P here.

{Z}