I think the story team of Other M consisted of: A guy who played Fusion and loved it, but had no idea Metroid was a seriesA guy who played a bit into Prime 3 and then got boredA guy who watched a video of Super Metroid's ending

Believe it or not, the storywriter was Yoshio Sakamoto, who was on the original Metroid team and is the current head producer for the franchise. However, he had no involvement in Metroid Prime (that was developed entirely by Retro Studios with guidance from Shigeru Miyamoto), so the plot for Other M makes no reference to the Prime series whatsoever.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I'd love to see a new Prime-style game on 3DS. My only concern is that control might be tough with only one thumbpad. :/ Unless they can still use stylus aiming like they did for Hunters. That worked really well on DS and I'm surprised virtually no 3DS games have utilized this yet.

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I'd love to see a new Prime-style game on 3DS. My only concern is that control might be tough with only one thumbpad. :/ Unless they can still use stylus aiming like they did for Hunters. That worked really well on DS and I'm surprised virtually no 3DS games have utilized this yet.

Sorry, but didn't really liked the Hunters stylus control. :biggrin: But if you played Prime, it could perfectly fit the "one thumbpad" control that it had with the 3DS. The rest (visor and beams selection) could go to the touch screen. For me, it would be the perfect control. Edited by .:Cyber-JM:.

No banner. :D

I don't remember exactly when I got the Metroid Prime Trilogy, but it is the best 50 bucks I've ever spent.The music from Hydrodynamo station in MP2 is by far my favorite from the series. It's so simplistic, yet I love it so. :3

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

I don't remember exactly when I got the Metroid Prime Trilogy, but it is the best 50 bucks I've ever spent. The music from Hydrodynamo station in MP2 is by far my favorite from the series. It's so simplistic, yet I love it so. :3

:You should keep your copy. In a few years i'll be a collectible item. :) Edited by .:Cyber-JM:.

I don't remember exactly when I got the Metroid Prime Trilogy, but it is the best 50 bucks I've ever spent. The music from Hydrodynamo station in MP2 is by far my favorite from the series. It's so simplistic, yet I love it so. :3

:You should keep your copy. In a few years i'll be a collectible item. :)
Are you kidding? That thing is gonna be my COLLEGE FUND. =P@Kothra: Indeed.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

:You should keep your copy. In a few years i'll be a collectible item. :)
Are you kidding? That thing is gonna be my COLLEGE FUND. =P @Kothra: Indeed.
You're... You're going to SELL it?BLASPHEMY! No one but me shall ever own my copy of Prime Trilogy so long as I live. It is mine and it shall eternally remain mine.-Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

I am having an extremely hard time finding any copies of MPT at a reasonable price. ​All new copies are absurdly expensive, and finding a used copy nearby has been difficult (I refuse to buy used online since I can't check the disc for damage before buying). Why didn't I preorder it. Whyyyyy ;_;

cholslegofursig.png

Latest MOC:

Ol' Dusty

I am having an extremely hard time finding any copies of MPT at a reasonable price. ​All new copies are absurdly expensive, and finding a used copy nearby has been difficult (I refuse to buy used online since I can't check the disc for damage before buying). Why didn't I preorder it. Whyyyyy ;_;

I'm sad to tell you, but should pick that price now. ^_^ I'll become more valuable than gold in a few years.

You can't have mine! /territorial The cheapest new copy on Amazon is $97, so... good luck. -Canama Edited by Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

I'm so glad my copy of Trilogy is in perfect condition, despite being used. :3~B~

QFTMy Wii, however, is almost four years old, and I'm pretty sure it's going to explode any day now. =P There's quite a bit of graphical flicker on any game I play. I've played it so much I guess I overheated it once or twice.@Canama: I would only sell it if I were ABSOLUTELY desperate. All three of those games are on my top ten favorites of all time. ...it's sad to think that video games might be worth more than our ACTUALLY CURRENCY someday. XD

I did not find either particularly frustrating. Well Mother Brain on hard.

Well, don't laugh at me, but I never really tried hard... :( Even though I passed the game on normal like 6 times already... ^_^ (BTW, I know is off-topic, but could you pleaaase tell me the anime of your banner? It looks soo cool.)

Hard isn't too bad, ignoring the fact that you only get half as much life and super missiles and 2/5 as many missiles. But the Ridley Robot on hard is HARD.I think I beat it on hard 100% but I'm not sure (because the thing is freaking hard already on normal 100%).

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

Hard isn't too bad, ignoring the fact that you only get half as much life and super missiles and 2/5 as many missiles. But the Ridley Robot on hard is HARD. I think I beat it on hard 100% but I'm not sure (because the thing is freaking hard already on normal 100%).

Don't talk me about Robot Ridley, it brings me nightmares... :cry: But I might give it a chance, just to proove that I REALLY beat the game. Also Ridley (the first) is too ###### easy.

Guys did you play Metroid Zero Mission? (dumb question anyways) Who do you think is more annoying to beat? Kraid or Mother Brian?

Mother Brain hands down. I could beat Kraid easily. MB, however, killed me a few times. And that was on normal mode, if I remember correctly. (I never completed Metroid: ZM on hard mode. :() But Ridley Robot was harder than both of them to me.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I still can't beat Mother Brain on the NES game. It's not like she's hard to beat, it's just that the FLYING RED DONUTS FROM ###### keep getting in my way. >=(

I feel your pain, my friend, I really do. :cry:

Guys did you play Metroid Zero Mission? (dumb question anyways) Who do you think is more annoying to beat? Kraid or Mother Brian?

Mother Brain hands down. I could beat Kraid easily. MB, however, killed me a few times. And that was on normal mode, if I remember correctly. (I never completed Metroid: ZM on hard mode. :() But Ridley Robot was harder than both of them to me.
Kraid is not THAT hard to beat, but surely is a pain in the ######. Edited by .:Cyber-JM:.

Hoo yes. LOVE Metroid, though I haven't played anything other than the Prime trilogy. (Best Christmas gift ever -- thanks, Mom! =D) Do have Fusion, but I've currently loaned it out to one of my friends, who wanted to play it and is a newbie to Metroid. Incidentally: what's your favorite bosses? (Loved Flaagrah, Thardus, and Chyyka, incidentally.) -Inferna

Hard isn't too bad, ignoring the fact that you only get half as much life and super missiles and 2/5 as many missiles. But the Ridley Robot on hard is HARD. I think I beat it on hard 100% but I'm not sure (because the thing is freaking hard already on normal 100%).

I....remember that thing. The boss I used to hate was the Giant Spider in Fusion. THAT THING WAS ANNOYING!Edit: Oh, and that animated statue that took forever to die in MP3... Ugh. Edited by Rausaro

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Edit: Oh, and that animated statue that took forever to die in MP3... Ugh.

What statue! I don't remember no statue in Prime 3... The one in Zero Mission, though...

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

Edit: Oh, and that animated statue that took forever to die in MP3... Ugh.

What statue! I don't remember no statue in Prime 3... The one in Zero Mission, though...
I think he's talking about Mogenar, the boss the player faces in the Leviathan seed on Bryyo.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The cool bosses: Nightmare (Fusion), Thardus, Quadraxis, Rundas, Gandrayda The fun bosses: Dark Samus (Echoes), Nightmare (Fusion), Gandrayda

Ehh... Nightmare was fun?What region was your cartridge from? Zebes? At least for me, Nightmare was one of the most annoying bosses I've ever faced. As he's virtually impossible to dodge, the only way to win is to kill him before he kills you. Same with that expletiving Yakuza...

IrMSNn3.png

The cool bosses: Nightmare (Fusion), Thardus, Quadraxis, Rundas, Gandrayda The fun bosses: Dark Samus (Echoes), Nightmare (Fusion), Gandrayda

Ehh... Nightmare was fun?What region was your cartridge from? Zebes? At least for me, Nightmare was one of the most annoying bosses I've ever faced. As he's virtually impossible to dodge, the only way to win is to kill him before he kills you. Same with that expletiving Yakuza...
Pfft. Nightmare, annoying? Nightmare is THAT. A NIGHTMARE And Yakuza...well it's actually difficult, but it takes less time to learn and get used to his pattern than Nightmare.

Dunno how Gandraya would be considered fun. It's just mash A until your hand hurts while avoiding a few relatively easy to dodge attacks. She has way too much health, and imo the length of the fight takes a lot of fun out of it. Dark Samus was generally relatively interesting to fight in both Echoes and Corruption. The last fight in Echoes is a joke compared to the others, but given the time limit I'm okay with that. :P ~B~

Edited by Ballom