Ninjago Topic

PowerMiner

Personally, I'm hoping that Zane will get the largest vehicle/animal, having received the short end of the stick with the smallest dragon, and the smallest vehicle last year.

Actually, I'm kind of getting used to Zane getting the smaller, zippier vehicles/steeds. Size isn't everything, and there's something to be said for the maneuverability that a smaller craft provides.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Personally, I'm hoping that Zane will get the largest vehicle/animal, having received the short end of the stick with the smallest dragon, and the smallest vehicle last year.

Actually, I'm kind of getting used to Zane getting the smaller, zippier vehicles/steeds. Size isn't everything, and there's something to be said for the maneuverability that a smaller craft provides.
Not to mention that Zane already has advantages over his teammates, being a Nindroid with Falcon Vision and all. ;)-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Not to mention that Zane already has advantages over his teammates, being a Nindroid with Falcon Vision and all. ;)-Gata signoff.jpg
Well... Maybe being a robot makes his imagination weaker, making his vehicle tiny.

aouROFb.png

If it is pirates vs ninjas: Water Dragon/Sea Serpent.Don't tell me that wouldn't be cool.Then again, with snakes this year, maybe that would put on a snake overload.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Speaking of Zane being a Nindroid, has anyone else considered that his "scarred" robot eye from the finale may become a permanent feature? Now that his status as a Nindroid is no longer a secret, his face in next year's show and even sets could easily be changed to reflect that.I've also considered that "robot-eye Zane" could be the exclusive minifigure in the DK Ninjago Character Encyclopedia released later this year. Another possibility, not yet seen in the show but hypothetically awesome enough to be an exclusive, would be an NRG Lloyd.

Speaking of Zane being a Nindroid, has anyone else considered that his "scarred" robot eye from the finale may become a permanent feature? Now that his status as a Nindroid is no longer a secret, his face in next year's show and even sets could easily be changed to reflect that.I've also considered that "robot-eye Zane" could be the exclusive minifigure in the DK Ninjago Character Encyclopedia released later this year. Another possibility, not yet seen in the show but hypothetically awesome enough to be an exclusive, would be an NRG Lloyd.
I hope so, I'd love to have that minifigure. Speaking of minifigs, I think we should have some different expressions for the ninja, considering they all have a angry poker face, and Kai's face looks rather different than his show counterparts face. Some change would be cool and all.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Okay, so a lot happened today. :P

• [*]New official images of the second Ninjago BrickMaster book. Looks kind of cool.
Read more.[*]We got official content like images and info on the Season 2 DVD for the TV series. Read more.[*]The Fold, the band behind the LEGO Ninjago theme song put their newest song "Born to be a Ninja" on iTunes. It's catchy.[*]The Fold also released/updated two new sites, NinjaSongs.com and BornToBeANinja.com.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

• 2 weeks later...

Ninjago TV series composer Jay Vincent reveals on his website that "the season finale "Day of the Great Devourer" played in 3.34 million households, making it the #1 most watched cable show that day". That´s truly impressive! The season finale is going to air this weekend in Germany and I wonder if it can reach a similar success here.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Ninjago TV series composer Jay Vincent reveals on his website that "the season finale "Day of the Great Devourer" played in 3.34 million households, making it the #1 most watched cable show that day". That´s truly impressive! The season finale is going to air this weekend in Germany and I wonder if it can reach a similar success here.-Gata signoff.jpg

Now if only he'd add some more of the music to the site. I know the music isn't necessarily there for our benefit (being more for potential hirers to sample his work), but it'd be nice to have music like the Falcon's theme (from Tick Tock) or more of the music from Rise of the Great Devourer.By the way, this probably belongs in the TV show topic.

Now if only he'd add some more of the music to the site. I know the music isn't necessarily there for our benefit (being more for potential hirers to sample his work), but it'd be nice to have music like the Falcon's theme (from Tick Tock) or more of the music from Rise of the Great Devourer.By the way, this probably belongs in the TV show topic.
The Falcon theme is one of my favourite tracks from the series, I´d love to see that as well. Maybe if we kindly ask Jay Vincent about it?You´re right, I forgot there was a topic for the TV series. Thanks for pointing that out. :) If anyone wishes to continue discussing this, please do so here. ;)-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

• 2 weeks later...

Currently reading the first Ninjago Graphic Novel The Challenge of Samukai. I am very impressed by the illustrations done by Paulo Henrique, and the way it is written is very nice (much like that of the BIONICLE comics, since they are both done by Greg Farshtey). I have both The Challenge of Samukai and Mask of the Sensei, but I haven't seen or gotten my hands on Rise of the Serpentine or Tomb of the Fangpyre.Also, if anybody hadn't learned, the Ninjago Graphic Novel The Mask of the Sensei (Ninjago Vol. 2) was the New York Times #1 best-selling graphic novel for its month of release (or something like that).

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Currently reading the first Ninjago Graphic Novel The Challenge of Samukai. I am very impressed by the illustrations done by Paulo Henrique, and the way it is written is very nice (much like that of the BIONICLE comics, since they are both done by Greg Farshtey). I have both The Challenge of Samukai and Mask of the Sensei, but I haven't seen or gotten my hands on Rise of the Serpentine or Tomb of the Fangpyre.Also, if anybody hadn't learned, the Ninjago Graphic Novel The Mask of the Sensei (Ninjago Vol. 2) was the New York Times #1 best-selling graphic novel for its month of release (or something like that).

I haven't heard of any of these, are they available in stores?

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

I haven't heard of any of these, are they available in stores?
Yeah, they are. I've seen them in Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, and even grocery stores. Here are links on Amazon if you want to order them that way:
  • [*]#1
The Challenge of Samukai[*]#2 Mask of the Sensei[*]#3 Rise of the Serpentine[*]#4 Tomb of the Fangpyre

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

So, while sorting through some lego pieces, I found an interesting piece: a minifigure head from the Agents set "8631: Jetpack Pursuit" it's like Zane with half his face torn off, and being a bit angry at the same time. It looks even better with the mask on!I'll try and get a few pics up of it later

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

So, while sorting through some lego pieces, I found an interesting piece: a minifigure head from the Agents set "8631: Jetpack Pursuit" it's like Zane with half his face torn off, and being a bit angry at the same time. It looks even better with the mask on!I'll try and get a few pics up of it later

His robot eye in the show does seem to be very similar to this head piece. However, it doesn't make a perfect Zane fig, since the eye color is different and perhaps more importantly that head's eyebrows don't match his ordinary ones. I wonder whether Zane will keep his robot eye exposed in the next season in the show, and whether his head with exposed robot eye will ever appear in a set... Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

• 2 weeks later...
His robot eye in the show does seem to be very similar to this head piece. However, it doesn't make a perfect Zane fig, since the eye color is different and perhaps more importantly that head's eyebrows don't match his ordinary ones. I wonder whether Zane will keep his robot eye exposed in the next season in the show, and whether his head with exposed robot eye will ever appear in a set...
It's not perfect, but I do like the look of it.Anyway, I bought a few sets over the weekend, including Cole's Tread Assault, and I've got to say, that set is impressive. All the functions on the vehicle sets are so simple, but they work very nicely. Skales is also the coolest minifigure I have ever had, ever. I'm just in love with the Serpentine general design, with the tail and cool heads and everything.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

I got the third issue of the Ninjago Magazine today. The comic was much better than the past one and we even get to learn a bit about the origins of the Great Devourer.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I got the third issue of the Ninjago Magazine today. The comic was much better than the past one and we even get to learn a bit about the origins of the Great Devourer.-Gata signoff.jpg
We at the wiki would definitely appreciate scans, and possibly translations!

We at the wiki would definitely appreciate scans, and possibly translations!
I´ll try to do both soon. ;)-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Are the NRG spinners out yet? I cannot find them in my local stores, I tried Fred Meyer, Target and BarnesNoble. (Yes they sell Lego Bricks now).Thanks, and sorry if this was in the incorrect place.
NRG Jay and NRG Cole are already out, the others (or at least NRG Zane, but I couldn´t find NRG Kai either) should be released at a later point.-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I think NRG Kai is in a two pack with... Someone. A Constrictai Serpentine, but I forgot his name.I've seen Cole, but I haven't seen NRG Jay yet.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

I think NRG Kai is in a two pack with... Someone. A Constrictai Serpentine, but I forgot his name.I've seen Cole, but I haven't seen NRG Jay yet.Kalhiki
That Constrictai is Chokun.I saw all of the NRG ninjas (except Zane) in the stores here. Also, does anybody know when NRG Zane is coming out?

pWPTu7m.jpg

That Constrictai is Chokun.I saw all of the NRG ninjas (except Zane) in the stores here. Also, does anybody know when NRG Zane is coming out?
The next wave, after the June wave, is in September, which is when NRG Zane and all the others will be released.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I literally cannot find any spinners though. The only ninjago I can find are the boxed lego sets (not spinners) I tried looking by the board games and yugioh cards since the spinners might get shelved there but no luck. If the rain quits pouring so hard I might catch a bus to the lego store a few cities over.

I literally cannot find any spinners though. The only ninjago I can find are the boxed lego sets (not spinners) I tried looking by the board games and yugioh cards since the spinners might get shelved there but no luck. If the rain quits pouring so hard I might catch a bus to the lego store a few cities over.
I assume that you are looking in a retail store, correct? If so, they might not have stocked the shelves yet. I was at one of my local Targets not too long ago, and they were out of almost all Ninjago sets. A LEGO Store would be a good bet though, and you can always ask if they have some in the back or on shipment. Hope you can find what you're looking for. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I absolutely hate the heavy demand Ninjago has created this year. The spinner sets are literally impossible to find because of this. Every retail store lists EVERY SINGLE SET of this wave as "out of stock" or sold out.EDIT: Season 3 episode 1 is found online! Lots of spoilers but sadly no new enemies yet. Rest of the season starts airing next month.

Edited by unknown_user2596

EDIT: Season 3 episode 1 is found online! Lots of spoilers but sadly no new enemies yet. Rest of the season starts airing next month.
I didn't know it had even begun airing in any country yet. That's cool. Is it a site that you can link to, because if so, please get us a link! :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I have the Mech. Brilliant set, but I'm probably biased since I love Mechs and Samurai. But, even still, it's cool. Only problems are the ankles which a rather loose, and the fact that Nya has a hard time fitting inside, you can get her to sit down, which is your best bet. Ankles can kinda be fixed if you have any frition sockets found in some of the Ultrabuild Superheroes and Black Phantom (and Stormer XL).Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

• 3 weeks later...

I found something on Amazon the other day that gave me strong hope for more Ninjago in 2013. If you don't already know, Greg Farshtey has been writing many books for Ninjago, including a large line of graphic novels. I just found out that there has been a sixth graphic novel announced — Warriors of Stone — which is set to be released in February of 2013. My first thought was that it was just a delayed release for something that will occur in 2012, but when I noticed on the cover art that the ninja are in uniforms we've never seen before (which look awesome), there are enemies we've never seen before, and the ninja wield weapons we've never seen before. Previously, all the graphic novels have been canon, so I doubt this one won't be. Awesome, right?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I found something on Amazon the other day that gave me strong hope for more Ninjago in 2013. If you don't already know, Greg Farshtey has been writing many books for Ninjago, including a large line of graphic novels. I just found out that there has been a sixth graphic novel announced — Warriors of Stone — which is set to be released in February of 2013. My first thought was that it was just a delayed release for something that will occur in 2012, but when I noticed on the cover art that the ninja are in uniforms we've never seen before (which look awesome), there are enemies we've never seen before, and the ninja wield weapons we've never seen before. Previously, all the graphic novels have been canon, so I doubt this one won't be. Awesome, right?
Those suits look fantastic. Get my hopes up, too. :)-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

my target never has any spinner sets. always picked clean.if i'm lucky they have a couple of starter sets. but nothing else....

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group