Ninjago Topic

PowerMiner

my target never has any spinner sets. always picked clean.if i'm lucky they have a couple of starter sets. but nothing else....
I've noticed that sort of problem at my Target as well. It seems like a consistent problem at most Targets, because I've had trouble finding Ninjago sets at both of mine (they have price tags on the shelves for Ninjago, but never any sets), but other retailers like Walmart and Toys "R" Us stock Ninjago in mass quantities.Also, just a reminder, discussion about Ninjago sets is much more applicable here. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

So I was thinking about the latest episode when editing the page for the Golden Peaks, and something came to me...It's been told that the First Spinjitzu Master used the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu to create the world of Ninjago, right? Well, if the First Spinjitzu Master made the Golden Weapons at the Golden Peaks (which are in a distant area of Ninjago), then there must have been something in Ninjago before-hand. Catch my drift?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

So I was thinking about the latest episode when editing the page for the Golden Peaks, and something came to me...It's been told that the First Spinjitzu Master used the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu to create the world of Ninjago, right? Well, if the First Spinjitzu Master made the Golden Weapons at the Golden Peaks (which are in a distant area of Ninjago), then there must have been something in Ninjago before-hand. Catch my drift?
Interesting. Yes, that would have to be true. Maybe it's like the island of Mata Nui with the only thing original is the Telescope and Kini Nui (if I remember correctly) and the rest of the Island formed around it.Do we know if Ninjago is a planet, or just a landmass? Perhaps if it's a landmass, then the Golden Peaks were already on the planet, and the Spinjitzu Masters created the weapons, then created the "world".Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Interesting. Yes, that would have to be true. Maybe it's like the island of Mata Nui with the only thing original is the Telescope and Kini Nui (if I remember correctly) and the rest of the Island formed around it.Do we know if Ninjago is a planet, or just a landmass? Perhaps if it's a landmass, then the Golden Peaks were already on the planet, and the Spinjitzu Masters created the weapons, then created the "world".Kalhiki
It's implied that it's a landmass, seeing as the map of Ninjago we have doesn't show any curvature like a map of an entire planet would have.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Or there wasn't anything before, and the part of that nothingness where the First Spinjitzu Master made the weapons became the Golden Peaks.That said, even in real life creation myths can have plot holes if you interpret them too literally. So it's within reason to believe that the land which would have become Ninjago had been some sort of vast, empty wasteland, which the First Spinjitzu Master only shaped into the diverse continent it is now.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Or there wasn't anything before, and the part of that nothingness where the First Spinjitzu Master made the weapons became the Golden Peaks.That said, even in real life creation myths can have plot holes if you interpret them too literally. So it's within reason to believe that the land which would have become Ninjago had been some sort of vast, empty wasteland, which the First Spinjitzu Master only shaped into the diverse continent it is now.
So in that case, does that make the First Spinjitzu Master some sort of god or creator? By the way Sensei Wu talks about his father, he never treats him like that, but only as his father.It would be great to do an interview with Ninjago's story team...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Zane is the best. I liked the episode they gave him.PS:I really need a pythor minifig for my moc so if anybody needs to trade LOL
That's the only bad part about Pythor: he's in one set and it's one of the most expensive. And by now I doubt they'll release an exclusive with him.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

So in that case, does that make the First Spinjitzu Master some sort of god or creator? By the way Sensei Wu talks about his father, he never treats him like that, but only as his father.It would be great to do an interview with Ninjago's story team...
The first Spinjitzu Master is certainly a creator, but probably not a god. From descriptions he sounds more like a mythic hero of sorts, and of course Sensei Wu, who is our number one source of info on him, treats him more like a father, since that's the way he and Garmadon knew him. Like most myths, most information on the early history of Ninjago is vague at best. It'd be nice to learn more in the coming episodes, but too much backstory could make Ninjago more like Bionicle, which dwelt for two years on prequel information, so perhaps it's better that the story focuses on the present and leaves Ninjago's origins up for fan interpretation.

The first Spinjitzu Master is certainly a creator, but probably not a god. From descriptions he sounds more like a mythic hero of sorts, and of course Sensei Wu, who is our number one source of info on him, treats him more like a father, since that's the way he and Garmadon knew him. Like most myths, most information on the early history of Ninjago is vague at best. It'd be nice to learn more in the coming episodes, but too much backstory could make Ninjago more like Bionicle, which dwelt for two years on prequel information, so perhaps it's better that the story focuses on the present and leaves Ninjago's origins up for fan interpretation.
Yeah, we certainly don't want to have a long backstory like Bionicle did, since we how that went. :P A book or LEGO Club Inside Scoop story could be a nice way to do that though...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Don't forget that there do exist locations that are not a part of Ninjago (an example is the place of darkness where Lord Garmadon went after escaping from the Underworld, and where Sensei Wu went to tell him that his son was in danger). It's possible the Golden Peaks are one of these places. Of course, we've only ever seen people travel to and from these kinds of places through portals, but it's not impossible that the realms could connect in other ways.Knowing this, it's possible that the First Master of Spinjitzu didn't create Ninjago from absolute nothingness, but rather as a more hospitable realm than what existed before. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Don't forget that there do exist locations that are not a part of Ninjago (an example is the place of darkness where Lord Garmadon went after escaping from the Underworld, and where Sensei Wu went to tell him that his son was in danger). It's possible the Golden Peaks are one of these places. Of course, we've only ever seen people travel to and from these kinds of places through portals, but it's not impossible that the realms could connect in other ways.Knowing this, it's possible that the First Master of Spinjitzu didn't create Ninjago from absolute nothingness, but rather as a more hospitable realm than what existed before.
I guess it could be that, but he started the "trek" to the Golden Peaks in the Sea of Sand, near the edge of Scatter Canyon, which is in Ninjago. It just didn't seem like a very long voyage...Your latter statement is most likely true, however.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

• 4 weeks later...
I found something on Amazon the other day that gave me strong hope for more Ninjago in 2013. If you don't already know, Greg Farshtey has been writing many books for Ninjago, including a large line of graphic novels. I just found out that there has been a sixth graphic novel announced — Warriors of Stone — which is set to be released in February of 2013. My first thought was that it was just a delayed release for something that will occur in 2012, but when I noticed on the cover art that the ninja are in uniforms we've never seen before (which look awesome), there are enemies we've never seen before, and the ninja wield weapons we've never seen before. Previously, all the graphic novels have been canon, so I doubt this one won't be. Awesome, right?
Just FYI (I didn't see it mentioned here), the outfits pictured in Warriors of Stone appear to simply be recolors of Lloyd's new outfit from the Ninjago Character Encyclopedia. I'm not sure what this would mean in terms of their likelihood of ever showing up in sets, since the Lloyd in the Character Encyclopedia is meant to be exclusive to that book.

I found something on Amazon the other day that gave me strong hope for more Ninjago in 2013. If you don't already know, Greg Farshtey has been writing many books for Ninjago, including a large line of graphic novels. I just found out that there has been a sixth graphic novel announced — Warriors of Stone — which is set to be released in February of 2013. My first thought was that it was just a delayed release for something that will occur in 2012, but when I noticed on the cover art that the ninja are in uniforms we've never seen before (which look awesome), there are enemies we've never seen before, and the ninja wield weapons we've never seen before. Previously, all the graphic novels have been canon, so I doubt this one won't be. Awesome, right?
Just FYI (I didn't see it mentioned here), the outfits pictured in Warriors of Stone appear to simply be recolors of Lloyd's new outfit from the Ninjago Character Encyclopedia. I'm not sure what this would mean in terms of their likelihood of ever showing up in sets, since the Lloyd in the Character Encyclopedia is meant to be exclusive to that book.
More Exclusive minifigures in more books? :PAlso, The Fold has released their new EP "A-W-E-S-O-M-E!". The Ninjago Wiki also has a 1 minute sample of the song. You can download it on iTunes here. Only one more single to go! :D

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

More Exclusive minifigures in more books? :PAlso, The Fold has released their new EP "A-W-E-S-O-M-E!". The Ninjago Wiki also has a 1 minute sample of the song. You can download it on iTunes here. Only one more single to go! :D
This latest song doesn't really impress me much, to be honest. It has almost nothing to do with LEGO Ninjago, and really doesn't have much meaning to it whatsoever compared to "The Weekend Whip". I'm sure it could still make for an incredible Ninjago music video, but by itself as a song I don't think it lives up to the same standard as "The Weekend Whip", "Born to be a Ninja", or "Ninja GO!". Hopefully the fifth song will surpass this one, though.In other music-related news, JayVincentMusic.com, the site of one of the TV show's composers, has had four new Ninjago tracks added: The Golden Peaks, Grand Sensei Dareth's Mojo Dojo, I Have You Now, and Temple Showdown. The latter two are from future episodes (episode 21 for "I Have You Now" and an unknown episode for "Temple Showdown"). All of them sound really brilliant, like the majority of the series's music. I now have 26 tracks from the series' soundtrack on my iPod, and they make for great listening.

Agreed on the Falcon theme. I also believe the pirates had some music to go along with them that would be much welcome.Grand Sensei Dareth's Mojo Dojo is probably my favorite song. It stands out compared to the others.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

i still really want the falcon theme. or whatever it's called. that has got to be one of the best ones.
I'll email Jay Vincent to see if he could supply The Ninjago Wiki with that track. It won't surprise me if he says yes to the request, because he's a fairly big fan of our site.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

i still really want the falcon theme. or whatever it's called. that has got to be one of the best ones.
I'll email Jay Vincent to see if he could supply The Ninjago Wiki with that track. It won't surprise me if he says yes to the request, because he's a fairly big fan of our site.
that would be amazing.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

that would be amazing.
The Ninjago fanbase shall love you even more than it already does. :)Agreed about the music. The new tracks are great, but I'm still missing the Falcon theme. By the way, I've just noticed the falcon has been lacking spotlight in the new season, which I'm actually pretty okay with. I don't think overusing it would be a good idea.Anyway, I've got the latest issue of the Ninjago magazine today and inside was the rare and exclusive Hypnobrai Rattle card! :) Also, the comic has some information on how Lord Garmadon can become good again, which is

if he does something really bad, in which case the Great Devourer would return the good to him.

However, considering the comics haven't been very true to the TV series so far (for example, Sensei Wu only learns later how his brother turned evil in the comic), so I'm not sure how much to trust this information. Not to mention that the Great Devourer is already dead anyway.-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Yeah, that fact about Lord Garmadon seems very non-canon. Awesome about the card too! Any other cool things (comics, facts, etc) in the magazine?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Probably the Golden Peaks are just one of the borders between Ninjago and Everywhere Else. I imagined them as being outside of Ninjago altogether, but if you say they're in Ninjago then that's the only real possibility, since Ninjago was most likely a huge, empty, flat desert or something before it was "created." (I usually think of Ninjago as a "realm" more than a whole planet.) Edited by Tanu Toa of Earth
toatanusignature.png

what?! temple showdown is being... uh... dumb. whenever i save it it's all glitchy it repeats the first 8 or so seconds, and doesn't finish properly. and I've saved it twice.

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Yeah, that fact about Lord Garmadon seems very non-canon. Awesome about the card too! Any other cool things (comics, facts, etc) in the magazine?
The magazine is pretty scarce on content besides the comics. :/
what?! temple showdown is being... uh... dumb. whenever i save it it's all glitchy it repeats the first 8 or so seconds, and doesn't finish properly. and I've saved it twice.
It works fine for me. What software are you using to play it?-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

both Itunes and quicktime. it got saved that way I think

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

both Itunes and quicktime. it got saved that way I think
Try re-downloading it. Your internet connection might have gotten disconnected for a split second while downloading it.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Probably the Golden Peaks are just one of the borders between Ninjago and Everywhere Else. I imagined them as being outside of Ninjago altogether, but if you say they're in Ninjago then that's the only real possibility, since Ninjago was most likely a huge, empty, flat desert or something before it was "created." (I usually think of Ninjago as a "realm" more than a whole planet.)
We probably shouldn't take that too seriously, after all, it's just a creation myth, some parts may be true, but I suspect the First Spinjitsu Master and the Golden Weapons didn't do as much as we thought, Maybe he just found an unexplored land (Ninjago), made the weapons, killed all the monsters or whatever, settled down in Ninjago, started a family, other people came, and before you know it, he had created a whole civilization.Although, this is starting to remind me of The One from Transformers...

aouROFb.png

Hey guys, Jay Vincent told me to call him tomorrow afternoon (yes, he gave me his number, but no, I'm not giving it to anybody, unless he lets me). Is there anything you'd like me to ask him?

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Hey guys, Jay Vincent told me to call him tomorrow afternoon (yes, he gave me his number, but no, I'm not giving it to anybody, unless he lets me). Is there anything you'd like me to ask him?
I always wondered in what order parts (animation, music, voice acting) of the show are made. Does he compose a bunch of songs which are then chosen to fit specific scenes, or does he watch the show and then create music for each part?

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

What episode is temple showdown from?

Yes.
that would be amazing.
The Ninjago fanbase shall love you even more than it already does. :)Agreed about the music. The new tracks are great, but I'm still missing the Falcon theme. By the way, I've just noticed the falcon has been lacking spotlight in the new season, which I'm actually pretty okay with. I don't think overusing it would be a good idea.Anyway, I've got the latest issue of the Ninjago magazine today and inside was the rare and exclusive Hypnobrai Rattle card! :) Also, the comic has some information on how Lord Garmadon can become good again, which is

if he does something really bad, in which case the Great Devourer would return the good to him.

However, considering the comics haven't been very true to the TV series so far (for example, Sensei Wu only learns later how his brother turned evil in the comic), so I'm not sure how much to trust this information. Not to mention that the Great Devourer is already dead anyway.-Gata signoff.png

Hypnobrai rattle card?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Well, highway traffic during my travel yesterday caused me to miss the call. I'll most likely call Jay today, since I don't have anything that needs doing today. Any last-minute questions?

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Well, let me answer some questions I got.- Temple Showdown is from a future episode; 24 if I remember correctly.- The story is the first thing made before sets and everything else.- Animation is made before voice acting and music (in that order)Now some things that I also learned (that aren't confidential):- the falcon theme and other tracks aren't on Jay's site because they were primarily composed by Mike Kramer, and Jay doesn't want to take credit for Kramer's work.- Jay already saw all the episodes a year before the public.- the composers go code when they write for Ninjago: woodwind = Good guys; strings = bad guys.- the reason why the falcon theme sounds so unique compared to the other tracks is because it was supposed to be a mystery whether the falcon was good or bad for a long time, so Kramer and Jay decided to use both strings and woodwinds.If I remember anything else, I'll let you know, but I think that's it. If you have any future questions, Jay is open for more calls, and I now have Kramer's contact information. ;)

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Well, let me answer some questions I got.- Temple Showdown is from a future episode; 24 if I remember correctly.- The story is the first thing made before sets and everything else.- Animation is made before voice acting and music (in that order)Now some things that I also learned (that aren't confidential):- the falcon theme and other tracks aren't on Jay's site because they were primarily composed by Mike Kramer, and Jay doesn't want to take credit for Kramer's work.- Jay already saw all the episodes a year before the public.- the composers go code when they write for Ninjago: woodwind = Good guys; strings = bad guys.- the reason why the falcon theme sounds so unique compared to the other tracks is because it was supposed to be a mystery whether the falcon was good or bad for a long time, so Kramer and Jay decided to use both strings and woodwinds.If I remember anything else, I'll let you know, but I think that's it. If you have any future questions, Jay is open for more calls, and I now have Kramer's contact information. ;)
A year before the public? That's more than I expected. :blink: Also interesting how animation is done before voice acting, I always thought it was the other way round so the characters would indeed speak as long as the voice actors do.Thank you very much for this information. :) Is Mike Kramer going to upload any tracks himself?-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Thank you very much for this information. :) Is Mike Kramer going to upload any tracks himself?-Gata signoff.png
Jay mentioned that and said that Kramer (that's what he goes by. Not Mike.) Might get around to it. He apparently does a lot more composing for other shows and stuff than Jay, so he has been busier. Another cool thing that I learned is that Jay and Kramer graduated from USC (University of Southern California) together.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Thank you very much for this information. :) Is Mike Kramer going to upload any tracks himself?-Gata signoff.png
Jay mentioned that and said that Kramer (that's what he goes by. Not Mike.) Might get around to it. He apparently does a lot more composing for other shows and stuff than Jay, so he has been busier. Another cool thing that I learned is that Jay and Kramer graduated from USC (University of Southern California) together.
I look forward to Kramer's track then. The fact that they both graduated together is not surprising.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png