The Biomedia Project/project Brick

-Auron-

I just wanted to thank you for this work; it was an extremely pleasant surprise to find some place I could grab the old comics I used to have.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I have to say I've used the site several times. I can't thank you guys enough for putting this together. Awesome work. I can give you guys Bionicle Heroes music if you need it.

It's okay, they should already have it - I found it was legal for them to distribute the BH music a while ago (it's under the GPL 3+ license), so they should already have the music up somewhere.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

What license are the movie soundtracks licensed under?

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I don't know, but the majority of the soundtrack is just stuff Nathan Furst posted on his website (for free).

That may be true, but the license it's under affects how we can redistribute and modify his music.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I dunno, doesn't look like we have them. Ultra, will it be legal? (PLS don't think that I, personally, give any ###### to what is legal or illegal on the web. We have to be cautious around LEGO!)

Sure, as long as:
  • [*]You don't charge money for it[*]You don't remix the music[*]You don't redistribute the music outside BMP

Keep in mind though, any/all of those conditions can be waived if you get permission from the composer.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Will it be illegal to put the music on #######?

I'm guessing you mean "that video site"; I personally believe so (so yes, it would be illegal), but I doubt Lego would actually come after whoever did it. I'd still wouldn't do it for moral reasons though, and I personally don't see the point of uploading the movie soundtrack there. Edited by UltraHau

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

An excellent collection you guys have here. Many thanks.EDIT: Okay so I noticed like a month and a half later that I'd already posted pretty much the same sentiment above. Whoops. I guess this is just an extra thank-you then.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

wow, i just visited the website, so check out the chat for my post. i really liked how you had the bohrok '02 animations. i never got to see those.the last 3 were so funny, with the huki+maku romance. ah, the nostalgia

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

i really liked how you had the bohrok '02 animations. i never got to see those.the last 3 were so funny, with the huki+maku romance.

Ah yes, I remember those. I really remember when, as a little kid, I almost, er, lost my lunch when I thought Huki/Hewkii and Macku were going to... well, you know... Edited by UltraHau

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

oh yeah, and its hilarious when jaller comes right when they are about to..... yeah, and then they look at their hands, and scoot away and blush. so cute.i had to watch that over again 3 times just to get the perfect screenshots

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 5 weeks later...

Think you could get streaming versions of the Flash animations?~Gata. ;)

They already have them if I recall correctly.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Think you could get streaming versions of the Flash animations?~Gata. ;)

They already have them if I recall correctly.
Oh, right, I couldn´t find them in the Streaming Videos box and it turns out I didn´t scroll down far enough to see the Streaming Library. I was already wondering. :P~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how much of an issue bandwidth and filesize is for you all, but I've recently learned of some programs that could be used to reduce the filesize of the images in the archive without any loss in quality, namely the command-line programs PNGOut and JPEGTran (most easily used with the GUI frontends PNGGauntlet and The JPEG Reducer). To show you what I'm talking about, here are two examples:PNGs of Comic 1's cover:Original file (1.61 MB)Optimized file (1.05 MB)JPEGs of one of the Vakama wallpapers:Original file (853 KB)Optimized file (780 KB)Of course, this only works with individual images, not on PDFs or Flash files that have images stored in them, but the end result is still quite significant; running it on the comics (0.61) resulted in saving 150 MB overall compared to the original files. Running it on the wallpapers (and converting the BMPs to PNGs, since there's really no reason to use BMP) resulted in saving 540 MB compared to the originals - no small matter.I understand this is an archive and so is meant to recapture the original files, but these methods make no actual changes to the image quality, merely the filesize (and in the case of the BMPs, file type). If you think this would be helpful, I'd be happy to upload .zip files of the optimized archives somewhere. If not, well, I guess this can be an FYI post for anyone looking to reduce their image sizes without sacrificing quality.

Edited by GSR

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how much of an issue bandwidth and filesize is for you all, but I've recently learned of some programs that could be used to reduce the filesize of the images in the archive without any loss in quality, namely the command-line programs PNGOut and JPEGTran (most easily used with the GUI frontends PNGGauntlet and The JPEG Reducer). To show you what I'm talking about, here are two examples:PNGs of Comic 1's cover:Original file (1.61 MB)Optimized file (1.05 MB)JPEGs of one of the Vakama wallpapers:Original file (853 KB)Optimized file (780 KB)Of course, this only works with individual images, not on PDFs or Flash files that have images stored in them, but the end result is still quite significant; running it on the comics (0.61) resulted in saving 150 MB overall compared to the original files. Running it on the wallpapers (and converting the BMPs to PNGs, since there's really no reason to use BMP) resulted in saving 540 MB compared to the originals - no small matter.I understand this is an archive and so is meant to recapture the original files, but these methods make no actual changes to the image quality, merely the filesize (and in the case of the BMPs, file type). If you think this would be helpful, I'd be happy to upload .zip files of the optimized archives somewhere. If not, well, I guess this can be an FYI post for anyone looking to reduce their image sizes without sacrificing quality.

Might be best to try contacting us (there's a contact form on the site) directly, as this topic isn't checked often. :P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Auron and I discussed this through PM not too long after I posted that, so don't worry.

Nice work, fellas! I have downloaded pretty much everything my computer can handle without bursting from your site. The comics take, like, five hours to download on my (rural) broadband, though, so you should consider breaking it down into smaller chunks, like series or story years. KUTGW!

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

Nice work, fellas! I have downloaded pretty much everything my computer can handle without bursting from your site. The comics take, like, five hours to download on my (rural) broadband, though, so you should consider breaking it down into smaller chunks, like series or story years. KUTGW!

I'll tell Auron. Thankyou for your suggestion. (I had the same problem, TBH)

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Simply activate compatibility view on IE8. (This is done by visiting the webpage, then clicking the image of a ripped sheet of paper beside the address bar)I was personally responsible for discovering how to fix that problem.- PtVM

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

The website looks messed up to me. ExampleIt’s like this on the following pages, CDs, Games, Images, LEGO, Music, and Videos.ps I’m using IE8 and my OS is Windows7.

It's like that for me on my laptop as well, too. It works fine on my desktop, which has IE8I'm getting frustrated. What's wrong with the banner NOW?

SpecOperations9.jpg

Feel free to friend me!

The website looks messed up to me. ExampleIt’s like this on the following pages, CDs, Games, Images, LEGO, Music, and Videos.ps I’m using IE8 and my OS is Windows7.

It's like that for me on my laptop as well, too. It works fine on my desktop, which has IE8I'm getting frustrated. What's wrong with the banner NOW?
It has an additional font tag on the end...Go to your sig, click the light switch on the upper left, and copy/paste the banner code. Then click the light switch again, and look in the edit box to see if it is working.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...