Toa/rahkshi Girl? I Dunno What I'm Thinking.

Katuko

I was gonna make a Toa/Rahkshi hybrid character of sorts for the BZPRPG; basically just a Toa with some spines on its back. Then I realized I basically have too much to do in that RPG already, so I dropped it. Still, I drew picture of the character, just because.Take one part Toa of Plant Life, one part Lehrak and mix it all together... and I present to you: Leah.rahkshi_girl_leah_web.jpgI got the pose right, I think (often have trouble with limbs...), but I'm not all that happy with the torso armor. That's why this pic is not entirely finished: I just felt like moving on to a new sketch.Comments and critique are of course appreciated. :)

I should probably write down the backstory I had for this char, but in short she doesn't need and can't really use Kanohi given her half-Rahkshi background. What she's wearing is a basic Rahkshi helmet fitted for a Toa.Oh, and the slanted eyeholes and general shape of it was bugging me, so I didn't want to draw the helmet fully on. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
:kaukau: Something about the picture bugs me. I'm having trouble saying exactly what it is, but I think it's the face and the general tone of the colors. And the overall feeling of the picture is stale. Of course, the last BZPRPG-inspired drawing I looked at was VF's, so maybe I'm setting my standards a little high.Although a Toa-Rahkshi hybrid...That sounds interesting, although you'd need a heck of a good background to pull that one off. Speaking of which, I was working on a concept sketch of a Rahkshi-somethingelse hybrid yesterday. I'd better work on completing a final version sometime.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

I'm not all that good of an artist, so yeah, I too feel it's missing something. I never got any further on adding shading and stuff (that might be half the problem), so I ended up just posting this as it was. I might keep working on it, but I think I'll just draw something new in that case. An action pose, perhaps, to liven things up.I'll not be using the character after all, by the way, since the max I would be allowed to use is a Toa with spines on its back (Rahkshi are staff-only characters), thereby nixing most potential back-story.But yeah, thanks for the comment; I always appreciate recognition. :P That, and constructive criticism.