The Chronicler And The Guard

kalhiki

I was bored, so I whipped up a little picture of Takua and Jaller in Paint Tool Sai. Mainly focused on the characters which explains the lack of a background.takuaandjaller.jpgSo, there they are looking spiffy. Takua's getting ready to fight... something, and Jaller's just standing there thinking he's too good for this. Or whatever interpretation you want to get out of it.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Haha, that's awesome :lol:I enjoy the art style a lot. It's simple, but really loaded with expression, and that makes the two seem so alive. And the facial expressions are great, too. ^^Sadly, I am left speechless, so I can't say a lot about it other than it's a great picture, and it definitely works without a background, too. :)

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Haha, that's cute, and well done. It's not very realistic, or realistic in BIONICLE's sense, but that's the exact reason I like it. The style makes it cute, and the bright colors with limited shading makes it a nice, clean drawing. Good job!

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Wow! i like the expressions on them!The simple colors really complement the style, so great work!The only thcritique i have on this is the fact that they look more like toa than matoran, maybe this has to do with the fact they have such long arms/legs? Maybe you could do something about that in future artworks. :notsure:But, on the whole, its a wonderfull artwork.-Dwanny

• 2 weeks later...
:kaukau: My interpretation of Jaller? Well, I would say that he looks like he's ready to (thump thump thump!) ROCK YOU! And rather, he's so good he has to be there.Being a notoriously picky artist, though, I would have given it more shading and would have been more careful with the hands, but whatever.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Oh, I love that 'I'm too awesome for my life' look on Jaller's face, and the wacky-but-clearly-trying-to-be-serious look on Takua's. The style's great as well, reminds me of such cartoons as Transformers Animated and The Spectacular Spiderman.Overall very good, although the weapons seem a bit wonky, if you know what I mean.

Edited by Wotsiznaim
Please do not use inappropriate language, unintentional though that undoubtedly was. --bones

Heheh, this is great. Totally fits their characters, too. Takua stand still before he starts fiddling with something (and, presumably, inadvertently causing some sort of trouble) and Jaller's actually trying to act serious despite. The eyes are hilarious and everything is just perfect for the style you chose. In other words, I'm saying that sure it could have used more exaggerated shading had you wanted it to be more realistic or added a background to complete the image, but both of those actions would seem out of place given the style you drew it in.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.