On The Return Of Von Nebula

The whole point of the Hero Factory story is to be episodic ... I didn't think it would include recycling villains as they recycle heroes.Is this a shift to a more overarching story, or is this a one-time thing? Or are they trying to find a compromise between the two?As far as a possibility of Von Nebula returning in set form, I think that's pretty slim. I don't want to discount the chances, though.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I doubt we'll see Von Nebula as a set again unless he somehow "transforms"-- after all, TLG has learned time and time again that "re-releases" of older sets sell poorly.As for in story, the possibility of his return is curious and breaks from Hero Factory's typical storytelling style that never looks back on loose plot threads from previous years. But at the same time, it doesn't have to make the series too backstory-dependent. It's easy to imagine Von Nebula treated simply as "a villain from Stormer's past" just as in 2010 he was treated as "a rogue hero from Stormer's past". I don't expect any of his actions in the 2010 story to be incredibly relevant to his possible impact on future story.

It'd be cool to see him return, even though it might be awkward, in that he was sealed most securely in all of the Hero Factory. Chances of him returning in a set are slim to none in my opinion.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I'd love for them to make a Von Nebula set. I just hope that it's better that that rejected Makuta.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

HF's storyline is too simple to bring back old characters as part of a new adventure (more than just a cameo appearance) and thus connect single story arcs to each other like Bionicle. Which means I don't think he'll return. Unless HF's storyline is evolving. Anyway, I guess we don't have a chance to see a new Von Nebula set.

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

As long as it looks good and as long as there is a notable difference to the set from 2010 (an upgraded, larger body and perhaps another weapon), I am happy with a possible Von Nebula set.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I think a Von Nebula set in 2013 is highly likely, given he appears to have been the brains behind the whole breakout saga. I reckon they can reintroduce him, keeping the episodic system they'd set up. The heroes just need to give a quick bit of exposition when he shows up, explaining how he was a big villain who recently broke out out of prison. That's all they really need to set him up as an intimidating villain (More than he was last time. Boosh.)

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.