Dark Mirror: Part I Review Topic

a goose

Okay, here's the review topic for my epic Dark Mirror: Part I, which is the sequel to my other epic, Shadows. The topic itself is found here.p_banner.pngCredit to Shattered Mask Productions for the banner.Comments and constructive criticism are very welcome.- Paradoxophobia

Edited by Paradoxophobia

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

So. Newest epic.Incommodo's in a facility for the insane? I see.

Well, let's face it, he's Incommodo, and he came back from a parallel universe with a story about how he saved all of time.Where else would he be? XD

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

So, new character, I suppose Pirok will return at some point, and that Reichenbach will have some rudimentary common sense? So far this seems to be better than Shadows, so don't disappoint me! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gifOn an off-topic note, why not check out my shamelessly-advertised prologue of my epic? :P

Actually, Les appeared in the first chapter of Shadows, Reichenbach has some common sense, and this will be better than Shadows. You won't be disappointed.I've already checked it, looks good, I'll be posting my opinion in your review topic ASAP. :P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Looks like Reichnebach has a more original plot this time. Interesting.And Pirok has gone back to avoiding Incy, which is a nice touch.

Yes, his plot is reasonably original.Thankyou. Yeah, Pirok probably won't be showing up in Part I.BTW, did no-one get the Rache reference? Come on, I thought the ring in the first chapter of Shadows was enough, but no. You all need more before you get ANY references. *Sighs*

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

It's a joke. The first SH story, A Study in Scarlet. There are plot details of the novel below, so they're in spoiler tags.

The murderer drove his victims to the scene in a taxi, took out a ring, killed them. One of the victims managed to write 'Rache' into the wall (it's German for revenge).The murderer then tried to return when he realised he'd left the ring behind.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Well, he was clever enough to figure out it was Rache, although only from the fact his name was inscribed on the ring. XD(BTW, if you are interested in reading A Study in Scarlet it's available [quite legally] here)

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Yep.I like references.Yes, it's an original story.Inc plays a big role in Dark Mirror, but Pirok (and Proditor) will be pretty big in The Eleventh Hour. Les is just playing a big role ATM. (BTW, his name is a reference to Detective Lestrade, from the SH stories)

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Well, Reich's partially based off Moriarty, and Les's been there a while.It's a joke. Inc obviously isn't Sherlock. He's a detective, who is quite good at his job, but he's too idiotic and... well... funny, really, to be Holmes.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I like the relationship between Inc and Frustro, but it seems... Familiar. Some how ;)I wonder what these anonymous strangers have in common... Oh wait, there was no info, apart from they died :PI forgot to mention this earlier, but I like the reference to me in chapter 1 :biggrin:

The relationship between Inc and Frustro is very much different, don't worry.Wait and see, you'll learn soon enough. Besides, there was some info...Thankyou. I was referring to both you and to Fishers there. XD

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Ooh, a prophecy! This is better than Shadows. And Vakama died! Dun dun duuunnn!! And Frustro's a bad guy! Dun dun duunn!! And Reichenbach has a pattern! Dun dun-Okay, I'll stop now. But this chapter is where it actually started getting interesting. I especially liked the bit with Reich's split personality.

Indeed it is a prophecy, and indeed it is better than Shadows.Yep, Vakama's dead.Perhaps...Are you sure? Wait and see the revelation coming up an hour from now... :evilgrin:Thankyou.Oh, you liked that, then? The split personality showed up in the RPG, too.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]