Dark Mirror: Part I Review Topic

a goose

Well, not a complete one, but I'll admit he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. XPActually, it's not just Fear and Dread. There's a third one, called Terror.Arkrak always talks about things like they're works of fiction.Nikarra won't be playing too much of a part this time around, I'm afraid.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Well, face it, they're named after different words for 'Fear'. :PThey are that.Well, they'll certainly do their bests.Arkrak does like trying to explain the plot.He's not a reporter. His name is Elax, and he is a Fe-Matoran, who is going to become an antagonist.Yup, Nikarra's there alright.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

So Strave wasn't in his head, but was in his dream. I am certain he is a Time-Keeper. The comedy in this chapter was better than the others, I must say, such as the second Thornatus and Inc nodding his head in understanding :P

"A wizard did it."

That's all I have to say on the matter.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Plot armour made me cringe.Also, boy did Fear seem like a familiar character at first. I'd almost say there was reference to something...detective based...But not Holmes. > ;)

In the BZPRPG, Hub's Arkrak always refers to stuff from a particular site I'm afraid I cannot name. So I copied him.What? Reference? Please explain.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Plot armour made me cringe.Also, boy did Fear seem like a familiar character at first. I'd almost say there was reference to something...detective based...But not Holmes. > ;)

In the BZPRPG, Hub's Arkrak always refers to stuff from a particular site I'm afraid I cannot name. So I copied him.What? Reference? Please explain.
As I said in the PM, he reminded me of Geoffrey Scrutinous.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

• 2 weeks later...

This is Bionicle crime fiction? So that's why my mind is going "bleh" - the last one was more of anadventure.This story series never feels right to me. It feels lacking in some respect or other; but I can't put my finger on it.It's not some obvious storyline flaw - the plot is good, albeit a little random, the characters are developed out,although that is a little forced, but not much. That's not it. I don't claim to know what it is. It just feels lame...And of course, I fail to get all of the movie/TV/BZPRPG allusions placed therein. This all means that a mutant chipmunk Muaka with four legs is eminently more qualified to do this review than I. But you asked, and I am bored, so here you go:

“It’s okay, I’m fine.” Arkrak looked sceptical. “Honest.”

Should be skeptical.

What Incommodo had realised was that these people, lined up to replace empty spots in the Council, were all dead.The murderer had managed to get up close to every one of the victims, and now every one of the victims was dead.There had been a murderer in the police station when it exploded, but it was the wrong one.The real murderer was still out there, and whoever they were, each and every one of the victims had trusted them. But who would everyone trust?

Why does Incommodo know this (in-story)?

“Gentlemen, we’re here to bring about the end of the world.”

I never would have guessed.

Walking through New Atero, I noticed a commotion outside the Council building. Sitting at a distance with my trusty camera, I noticed ‘Myself’ and ‘Nobody’ talking to Fear, Dread, and another Toa like them.Fear punched Myself before being hit by a bolt of lightning, from a female Toa I hadn’t seen before.Suddenly, Dread and the other one broke off to go after Nobody and Myself (respectively), as they had started running away. I took as many photos as possible.

Hey, this is pretty good. I liked the weird character names and the puns created thereof.And yes, I did catch the references to the Deu Ex Machinas. That line was good. :) Edited by fishers64

No. First few chapters were, not the whole thing. Basically, with Marendar there, the whole thing's about to change. The crime part was mainly to give Reichenbach a suitable introduction.I see...Luckily, there are only three characters who have made references. :PAh, I thought that would come up. This is about a week later. Also, that's Incommodo's 'thoughts'; they aren't definitely correct. Basically, he assumed it was the murderer who had placed the bomb.Sarcasm?Thankyou, I'm rather proud of my little Toa in Black. :biggrin:Thanks.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

No. First few chapters were, not the whole thing. Basically, with Marendar there, the whole thing's about to change. The crime part was mainly to give Reichenbach a suitable introduction.I see...Luckily, there are only three characters who have made references. :PAh, I thought that would come up. This is about a week later. Also, that's Incommodo's 'thoughts'; they aren't definitely correct. Basically, he assumed it was the murderer who had placed the bomb.Sarcasm?Thankyou, I'm rather proud of my little Toa in Black. :biggrin:Thanks.

Well, the "this is Incommodo's thoughts and he is assuming stuff" could have been more clear. Your style here makes it feel like a narrator-inserted Deu Ex Machina. Yes, I was being sarcastic. And if you are proud, it is somewhat well-founded, I guess. Although pride goes before a fall...watch it. If you overuse that idea, it's a bad thing. And you're welcome.

Yup. They're Shades.Yeah. I'd gotten all of you, though. XDOoh, someone's being clever. But no twist just yet, I'm afraid. You won't discover the twist 'til the end of Part II, for reasons you'll understand soon enough. And then it's The Eleventh Hour. Which will be very fun to write. I've already written the prologue, and I can just imagine your shocked little faces. :evilgrin:

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Oh, there will be twists, and revelations, and shocks, and deaths, and scares. A lot of scares. :evilgrin: (You liked the zombies in Shadows? We're talking scares FAR better than that...)And Twisters are nice. =3

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Don't worry, everyone's favourite Fourth Wall-breaker will be in Chapter 14. And Arkrak will be there too. XDAnd, technically, I have two guinea pigs. One reads chapters in no particular order, the other reads them chronologically.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

“Y’know, Magnetism, Lightning, Plasma, Gravity especially. The ones who are all ridiculously overpowered and consider themselves ultimately superior to everyone else.”

I liked this one-liner; very good. :)

“Agreed.” Arkrak (funnily enough) agreed. “We should stand on eachother’s shoulders, to reach that little window, then one of us can go through and help the others out.”

Should be "each other's". Also the first part of dialogue is awkwardly done. "'Agreed' said Artrak" will suffice; the used of the said bookism "agreed" twice is redundant and unecessary.

The receptionist was staying there, however, by choice. A specially trained killer, in the employment of Reichenbach. It was her job to sneak explosives into the Council building.

[strikethrough]That is such a Deu Ex Machina...[/strikethrough] Really, however, we weren't given the slightest hint that the receptionist was off. You just threw it at us. As for plot, very good, although the jailbreak could have been more actiony. Hopefully good ol'Marendar will put some overdue action sequences in here.

ARKRAK. NOT ARTRAK FISHY.Anyway, someone will die eh?It's totally going to be Arky.Also, seems like Frustro isn't very villainous.

Don't call her Fishy.Yup.You'll have to wait and see.Not in the slightest.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]