Small Theory On Orde's Mask

So, I've just gone back and read The Yesterday Quest. I found myself observing our manly mind-reader buddy Orde and what he does in the serial, and have begun to make an assumption on what Kanohi he wears. My theory is that he wears a Pakari. My reasoning is:There are a couple of feats he does that, as far as I'm aware, may be impossible for a standard Toa not of Stone, Earth or Iron to do, or at least very difficult to do quickly.Eg.

Orde picked up a heavy branch. “Then let’s go beat it out of him.”

If he was able to pick it up without being caught up to, and if it was that heavy that it had to be described as such, wouldn't he have needed the Pakari's boost to lift it so quickly?

Gelu smiled. With a boost from Orde, he reached a tree branch up above the water.

It takes effort to haul a muscly, armoured Glatorian up to a branch from the water's edge to directly above it, even for a Toa. Imagine it as like hauling a ladder made of hollow balsa wood (which is a VERY light kind of wood) over a cliff to a higher ledge, compared to a ladder made of lead. Hauling Gelu on an angle would be like hauling a lead ladder up a tree without a Pakari, and prone to failure. With a Pakari, however, he feels as light as balsa wood, and the task would be easy enough to pull off without issue.I might be underestimating Orde's strength; I have a nasty habit of doing that. So go ahead and disprove.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I honestly don't think that it's so likely he wears a Pakari. A branch? Not a very difficult task for a bio-mechanical being. Not to mention, people in real life give other people boosts all the time, something of which also is not a difficult task for a bio-mechanical being. I think it's just that he's a Toa.sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

I can lift something that nearly reaches my limit, and that would make me call it "heavy" even though someone else might feel that it is light. I can also help my friend up a ledge, by cupping my hands and pushing upwards as he steps into them. Alternately he could stand on my shoulders for a second or two. It doesn't lift him very far, but it helps. So yes, I think you are underestimating Orde's strength.In fact, if he wore a Pakari, then it would be more natural for it to mentioned when used, like this, from the Gali Nuva blog:

Kopaka iced the creature’s wings and Onua threw his Mask of Strength behind a blow that knocked him out.

Um, considering that Matoran can evidently smash rock with their heads (mentioned at least twice), I don't think a tree branch would be too much of a burden for a Toa. And we've seen Toa carrying other Toa, etc, around all the time, so one Glatorian is probably a piece of cake. Besides, Greg never neglects to identify a mask when demonstrating its usage (if anything, it's going to be the other way around).

Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Um, considering that Matoran can evidently smash rock with their heads (mentioned at least twice), I don't think a tree branch would be too much of a burden for a Toa. And we've seen Toa carrying other Toa, etc, around all the time, so one Glatorian is probably a piece of cake. Besides, Greg never neglects to identify a mask when demonstrating its usage (if anything, it's going to be the other way around).

Well, only one matoran has been known to do so, and either way, it was a stronger Po-Matoran. But yes, Greg would have most likely have mentioned the mask when it was used.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Well, only one matoran has been known to do so, and either way, it was a stronger Po-Matoran. But yes, Greg would have most likely have mentioned the mask when it was used.
Chiara wears a Volitak. Not sure when this was mentioned, but I know it wasn't when it was told that she SNUCK into a Visorak camp.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Chiara wears a Volitak. Not sure when this was mentioned, but I know it wasn't when it was told that she SNUCK into a Visorak camp.
I'd assume it was that she didn't use a Volitak then. Greg would most likely have mentioned this in an initial description of the character or in a current use of it. Besides, it wouldn't really have served a purpose to say "I heard that Chiara used her Volitak to sneak into a Visorak camp." or something along the lines of that. We could have also hoped that Greg would have mentioned Naho's mask when she escaped through the lines of Dark Hunters, but nay.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Wait. We are talking about Orde, right? You know, the guy who's powerset involves moving things with his mind? Why is the notion that he could lift something heavy so out of place that it results in you theorizing that he has to have a Pakari to perform it?

I agree with the others that the evidences you listed don't at all say "Pakari" to me."Heavy" is a relative term anyways, so that's basically irrelevant. Whatever would be heavy to him is what he picked up. And if he had a Pakari, "heavy" would be huge, probably more like a log, so it would seem strange to call something that huge merely a branch. I can pick up "branches" by myself that are over four times my height fairly easily, and could pick up small logs if I had to. Having several trees prone to wind damage occasionally I know this. :PAs for the second, you're underestimating -all- biomechanical bengs' strength by a lot. We've never been given the slightest indication that lifting another Toa-sized being would be hard for any Toa. In fact if anything it seems like they're all much stronger than humans comparatively. Keep in mind they handle their own weight just as easily as we do -- they do probably weigh more, although that's debatable (there are lightweight metals possible), but if so their strength is clearly ramped up by an equal degree.And I admit I can't think of many examples off the top of my head, but surely we've seen other cases of non-Earthy Toa/Matoran etc. lifting others of their own weight. Kaita and Matoran Nui come to mind too; it's the same muscles involved. If they were as weak as you suggest they shouldn't be able to even stand up in those fused forms.And Kahinuva's point is a good one too.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Nope. Dalu also did it.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

The topic starter has requested closure, so topic closed. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)