And we're finally back here. It has been a while, hasn't it? Let's get this show on the road then! serenity_by_ferain-d3gp3ja.jpg I don't draw as much Bionicle-/Lego-related as I used to, but I still work on the occasional image and I have a bunch of sketches that never saw the light of day so this topic will be updated from time to time (And if that time should be a little longer then usual, also revived.)Some of these you probably have seen back on the old forums, but I like them a lot. New stuff is under way though!A_lone_wanderer_by_Ferain.png I usually start out with a rough sketch on paper that, if I like it, gets detailed out, inked with traditional media and scanned in or digitally after scanning, while I use Photoshop to paint and colour my artworks. Symphony_of_evil_by_Ferain.jpg Ackar_by_Ferain.png 857d7cd2f613c65c0b94d7224477b035.jpg That's all for now, folks! =) Small_but_tough_by_Ferain.jpg

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Ya know, I like the Gali Nuva one and it's really well done, but the green/black chick with the sword just jives with me way more. The glowing eyes, the colors, the lighting, and probably more so than the others; the pose. With the sword and the cape and the partly turned head. I just love that one for some reason. And I'd be interested in seeing your other sketches. - 55555

First off my first reaction as soon as the screen finished loading. Jaw drop. Breath...LITERALLY taken away. Color scheme, structure, composition. Beautiful. Just majestically beautiful. And that second to last image. That is almost exactly how I pictured this character for my series. Maybe different colors, but who cares, that is just great! Never ever stop drawing.

Ya know, I like the Gali Nuva one and it's really well done, but the green/black chick with the sword just jives with me way more. The glowing eyes, the colors, the lighting, and probably more so than the others; the pose. With the sword and the cape and the partly turned head. I just love that one for some reason. And I'd be interested in seeing your other sketches. - 55555

Don't worry, you will see the other sketches, once I get around to colouring them. Glad you like Gorast ^^

I totally love your art, both the older and new stuff! :)

Hey Taka, long time no see ;) Thanks so much!

First off my first reaction as soon as the screen finished loading. Jaw drop. Breath...LITERALLY taken away. Color scheme, structure, composition. Beautiful. Just majestically beautiful. And that second to last image. That is almost exactly how I pictured this character for my series. Maybe different colors, but who cares, that is just great! Never ever stop drawing.

I hope you didn't hurt your jaw then. Thanks so much, always good to know that people like what I draw. And no, I won't stop ^^

Oh, man these are cool! I'm loving the Glatorian-like guy! The environment and feel of the Gali Nuva piece looks fantastic! The Makuta one looks incredible, and I'd love to see it colored! Ackar is wicked cool with his pose and his realistic design, but the background seems rather bland in my opinion. The Last one (Gorast, I think) is amazing as well! I really, really like your artistic style! Can't wait to see more form you!

Edited by Nytrone

nytronepic2_copy.png

O.O ... wow ... amazing ... What do I say to express my admiration of your unbelievable artwork? Gali Nuva took my breath away, and Ackar is purely amazing. Keep it up!

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

Rats, man, I forgot how much I loved your Surel (right?) picture. The cloak being the best part, of course.You should put up your Vorox as well. I love your wire-musculature. I think that's why all of this stuff works so well.I love the first one, the outlines go well with the drastic tonal work and shadows. Perhaps each highlight's glow is a bit much,but I've never been scuba-diving, so you're a better bet than me in regards to accuracy. ;)Also love the coloring on the red guy, is it still Bionicle related?Oh look, you got me to post.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh my gosh I am screaming at how wonderful and gorgeous these are!! I love how you draw Bionicle bodies and limbs; it's a perfect mix of organic and mechanical parts. Oh geez, I just can't understand how people can come up with all these original armour designs and such too. How do you do it? Blows my mind. The first picture of Gali is my favourite here (*totally not being biased towards my favourite character*) The shading is just amazing and that light fish looks so cute. Ackar looks fantastic too; the cel shading fits the picture perfectly I think. It gives it a comic-bookish style almost, and I like how simple it is. Also, I'm amazed at how you managed to render the Phantoka group into chibis. Haha, they're looking adorable!

Loving the Gali art. The lighting on it is superb, and I also like your Surel entry and the shading on it as well. May I ask who is the art of on the last picture? (Not the chibi, but the green and black figure hiding in the shadows) That one really caught my eye. Awewsome job! - Darok

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." - Steve Prefontaine

VF, I don't care what the official art for Surel is. Your version is the way I will always envision him. I love it so much.

Thank you! From an artists perspective, the winning picture had a bit more skill in its execution. But I still like my design better. Thanks again!

Now that is what Ackar should have looked like, storywise. I'd like to see more from Bara Magna.

There's bound to be some more Bara Magna art. I've got some old things and maybe sometime I'll put up some new things as well! Glad you like it!

Rats, man, I forgot how much I loved your Surel (right?) picture. The cloak being the best part, of course.You should put up your Vorox as well. I love your wire-musculature. I think that's why all of this stuff works so well.I love the first one, the outlines go well with the drastic tonal work and shadows. Perhaps each highlight's glow is a bit much,but I've never been scuba-diving, so you're a better bet than me in regards to accuracy. ;)Also love the coloring on the red guy, is it still Bionicle related?Oh look, you got me to post.

Oh my , it's the Uncle K himself! Thanks so much man, really glad you like them. I wanted to put up more pictures but I was very busy that day and had no time to resize the Vorox and others for image-deeplinks.I usually draw the muscles a bit like in the movies, but add them to the designs to a higher degree, to fill in otherwise empty areas (Neck, Chest, etc.) You may be right about the highlights on Gali, but it depends on how shiny her armour is and how close she is to the luminescent fish. Probably some of the glowing bits that are on the far arm and leg could have been left out, but it still works I guess. Glad you like that one too!Red guy is Ackar from 2010/11, so yeah ^^ Again, thankyou so much!You should post some more around here!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh my gosh I am screaming at how wonderful and gorgeous these are!! I love how you draw Bionicle bodies and limbs; it's a perfect mix of organic and mechanical parts. Oh geez, I just can't understand how people can come up with all these original armour designs and such too. How do you do it? Blows my mind. The first picture of Gali is my favourite here (*totally not being biased towards my favourite character*) The shading is just amazing and that light fish looks so cute. Ackar looks fantastic too; the cel shading fits the picture perfectly I think. It gives it a comic-bookish style almost, and I like how simple it is. Also, I'm amazed at how you managed to render the Phantoka group into chibis. Haha, they're looking adorable!

Thank you! Designing the armour is basically just knowing what's underneath. Like, how would the parts and plates need to be shaped to allow for a full range of motion. For Bionicle it is easier since the characters are already wearing armour as standard and then have added pieces like chest and shoulders. And after I figure that out, it's all just making it look as cool as possible and fitting for that character.Glad you like Ackar. I admit, he was coloured within a single day, it was more a sketching/inking exercise for me, but I am happy he still gets good feedback.

Loving the Gali art. The lighting on it is superb, and I also like your Surel entry and the shading on it as well. May I ask who is the art of on the last picture? (Not the chibi, but the green and black figure hiding in the shadows) That one really caught my eye. Awewsome job! - Darok

Thanks! That would be Gorast before the mutagen got to her.

WOW. I love your style! My favorite of them is Ackar.The Makuta drawing looks a bit jumbled, though.

Well, the Makuta drawing is actually structured and following a layout, but has been drawn to kill time during philosophy-class back in school. So the more details, the better. The jumbled looks comes from the fact that it doesn't have too many variations in the thickness of the lines or intensity of the shading. But that's an old drawing, after all ^^Glad you like 'em though!

I'd like to sum up your artwork in one word, but I'm not sure which one to use. Wow maybe, or awesome. Fantastic does it more justice, but phenominal seems to fit better than that. As for Emoticons, I think this sums it up nicely: :surprised: But seriously, though, the quality of your artwork is what I aspire towards. Keep up the good work, I'm always watching for awesome new pieces of art from you. Gorast is still my favorite, although I don't think I've seen that Gali scene before. I love how it looks like the stars are in the water with them. ~Lord Rahl~

This stuff is ubercool, VF! I especially like the wanderer, Makuta, and the green Toa (is that supposed to be anybody in particular?). I agree it would be great to see the Makuta colored. The green Toa does everything the best, IMO, along the lines of my old ruthless elegance blog entry, including use of color and lighting. The energy or whatever it is in the lower hand is fascinating.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

This stuff is ubercool, VF! I especially like the wanderer, Makuta, and the green Toa (is that supposed to be anybody in particular?). I agree it would be great to see the Makuta colored. The green Toa does everything the best, IMO, along the lines of my old ruthless elegance blog entry, including use of color and lighting. The energy or whatever it is in the lower hand is fascinating.

I actually think the green Toa is Makuta Gorast :P

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

I really like the atmosphere you made around Gali, it captures her chaarcter pretty well. I'm also impressed by the more humanoid Gorast. It seems like a likely "default" form for her. Good job on Ackar and whom I presume to be Surel as well.I know pics like these deserve more than just a few sentences, but it's always hard to find the right words. :)