Hello, BZPower! Ballom here, back on the MOCing scene after a fairly long hiatus! clappityclapclap.gif Today's special is a couple of MOCs that I built over the Christmas break using my recently-acquired Hero Factory sets. Basically, because Waspix and Scorpio were pretty bad sets, I made better scorpion and wasp versions. Although, admittedly, the scorpion is mostly HF, being based on Witch Doctor's parts, while the wasp has a lot more Bionicle elements. Also, the more astute or stalker-ish of you may realize that the pictures of these have been on my Maj for about a month now, but I kept forgetting to post the topic. Anyway, to the pictures!

Wasp

7.jpg_thumb.jpg

^Link to Gallery^

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Scorpion

8.jpg_thumb.jpg

^Link to Gallery^

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

And yes, the wasp does have those awesome transparent wings first seen on Gorast, but alas, they almost completely vanished from the photos, although you can see them moderately clearly in the third image.

Well, enjoy!

~B~

Edited by Ballom

wow i love the scorpion. i especially like the color scheme you have for it. my only complaint is that the tail does not look like a scorpion tail. but with everything else in the moc that is good they make up for the tail.The wasp also has a nice build especially with that chest piece that we saw on krika. i will say that it looks more like a revamp of waspix instead of it's own separate creation. i must say i like the way you incorporated the meltdown head piece on it's head ad the clever way you used gorast's wing on it.over all i give these 2 together a 4.5/5

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Thanks for the reply, Voxumo. :) Anyway, in regard to the scorpion's tail not having a typical stinger, there are actually relatives of scorpions that don't have stingers, such as whip scorpions. I imagine it as being a bit closer to those rather than being exactly a regular scorpion. As for the wasp, yeah, I was glad to be able to use the Gorast wings on it, too bad they vanished almost altogether in the photos.~B~

Hi :}First of all these models make good use of the new hero factory parts. Sometimes I see hero factory mocs and they use so many plate armours that they look saggy, but both of these models here look dynamic so I can tell you know what you're doing. Wasp is the best in my opinion! I like how the sets of arms use inverted colour combinations, very smart. I was going to complain about the lack of wings but then realised it has some, they're just virtually invisible thanks to camera witch craft. Scorpion is good too but I don't think he looks like a scorpion, the tail lies flat behind him and he has a neck. On his own accord he looks perfectly fine but as a scorpion he looks a bit weird. You should try tearing off his head and curling his tail up over his back. As with wasp the colours are great and he looks very striking, the repetition with the spikes down his back and tail looks awesome by the way!

sigpic2.png

Interesting views on the Scorpion. Looking over the images and the MOC itself again, it does appear to have a bit too much of a neck. However, it would be quite difficult to remove his neck, as it would result in the disruption of the various plates along the chest, which affect the flow of the spines. I also did consider curling the tail and using a blade, but curling it up make the spines down the back look strange in the combination, so I think the tail looks much better flat.Still, thank you very much for the insightful comments, PooZy!~B~

Well, there's really nothing to say except ...AAAAWWWWEEEEESSSSSOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEE!!!Achm, or may I say, lovely work here. The Wasp is a marvelously ... redone? ... version of Waspix, if that was the set of of which you based it. Regardless, it is far, far better. And the scorpion ... I just want to jump up and say "Whoopie!" due to its sheer glorious existence. This is what lego should be putting on the shelves, not ridiculous "Heroes" or the "Witch Doctor" ... Onto real review ... the wasps head is superb, but the spike on top is a bit strange. maybe a smaller one? Excellent design elsewhere, yet the use of socket parts as armor is, again, distracting. The scorpion isn't a perfect scorpion, but certainly a great crustacean. Maybe a sort of lobster, or maybe something entirely different from any earth organism ...I don't think I could resist buying these if they were in stores. Fine, fine MOCs.a_peace.png

Edited by Fsnorglepuff

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

As it happened, Fsnorglepuff, I actually built the Wasp well before I bought Waspix, but then I shamelessly took the Hero Factory set's hands to use on my own creation. The reason that the Wasp has a spike on his head is that I was trying to give it a single antenna of some kind, since I had no idea how to attach a pair of antennae to the Meltdown face. If I were to put in a smaller black Viking horn in instead (which I don't have many of, by the way), it would look too small and insignificant, I think. Also, I assume you mean "socket parts", but what pieces are you referring to specifically, and how are they distracting on the Wasp?I agree with you that the Scorpion has only 6 walking legs when it should have 8, as a typical arachnid would. But I didn't have enough parts or enough space on its body to give it the full amount, and even then it might have only had pathetic spindly legs instead of its cool armored ones that I used instead. (This has happened with a 6-legged spider and a 4-legged beetle that I made, to add insult to injury). On the other hand, it still looks like a scorpion to me, even if a whip scorpion isn't a true scorpion, so that's what it is. A lobster wouldn't have those claws and tail, either.Thanks for the reply, though. Your MOCs are much better than their official set versions, too!~B~