Vezon-X

bleedingshadows94

Great attention to detail and nice usage of bold black areas. Those chunks of just bold black really added some oomph to the image. I feel that you didn't really add any shading (just 'solid black area/solid color area' shading) because it was supposed to have a 'comic book' character promo style look to it, but it still would have been nice to at least have seen an alternative with shading. Very nice overall.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

Thanks. :D The major problem with this picture is that, because I'm a terrible artist (and I'm letting you in on a little secret here), I took a photograph, and then I drew based off of that. Which is why there's a lack of shading. Because there was almost no shading in the photograph. But yeah, it was supposed to be very comic book-ish.~Tobi

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg

Oooh, it's the pic you have as your avatar, too! :Dwhat strikes me most about your pic is the detailed set-likeness. Especially the head. It's something I have never been able to do, and therefore I really admire when I see it.The inking is great as well. As he others have pointed out already, the bold black areas work really well. Some shading would have been nice...

Thanks. :biggrin: The major problem with this picture is that, because I'm a terrible artist (and I'm letting you in on a little secret here), I took a photograph, and then I drew based off of that. Which is why there's a lack of shading. Because there was almost no shading in the photograph. But yeah, it was supposed to be very comic book-ish.~Tobi

NOW don't say you're terrible. Because that's absolutely wrong. You may be inexpreienced, or not as 'trained' (for the lack of a better word) as you might wish, but that doesn't make you terrible. Experiment, try something new, maybe drawing from life - improvement happens. ^_^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Oooh, it's the pic you have as your avatar, too! :biggrin:what strikes me most about your pic is the detailed set-likeness. Especially the head. It's something I have never been able to do, and therefore I really admire when I see it.The inking is great as well. As he others have pointed out already, the bold black areas work really well. Some shading would have been nice...

Thanks. :biggrin: The major problem with this picture is that, because I'm a terrible artist (and I'm letting you in on a little secret here), I took a photograph, and then I drew based off of that. Which is why there's a lack of shading. Because there was almost no shading in the photograph. But yeah, it was supposed to be very comic book-ish.~Tobi

NOW don't say you're terrible. Because that's absolutely wrong. You may be inexpreienced, or not as 'trained' (for the lack of a better word) as you might wish, but that doesn't make you terrible. Experiment, try something new, maybe drawing from life - improvement happens. ^_^
Oh believe me, I am bad. XD This picture, as mentioned before, came from a photograph I took. The only reason there was no shading was because the photo didn't have any shading, what with perfect light, or whatever. And the outline was all done with a Sharpie marker while the rest was done with coloured pencils. But thanks again. It was really fun to make this. I also have another picture I did in the same style which can be found here.http://www.brickshel...y/cryoshell.jpgIt was made in celebration of Lore's new baby.~Tobi

Here's another self-MoC done in the same style. This includes shading. The link is below.Makuta Seerup PromoI'll include the description from the website it's posted on.

A promo I drew for Makuta Seerup. As you may notice, the actual photograph is in my gallery, as well.

Some people on BZPower were requesting that I do more shading, after seeing the Vezonmasta display picture/promo. This picture contains that shading. Please note, his mask is PURE BLACK, and the gray is just shading, however, it looks like a cool design. (Perhaps in the future, it will become headcanon that he changes the colours of his mask.)

~Tobi

Oooh, nice. ^^Black is an extremely challenging colour for armour (yes, yes, it's technically not a colour, but whatever.), however, I think you did quite well.Next step would be adding some highlights to give it all a more metallic appearance; but this is optional and depending on personal preference ^^I really enjoy the set-like style.But the head. What's up with the head? It sort of scares me since it lacks any kind of facial features. I'm pretty sure this is the effect you were going for, though. Well done.

Oooh, nice. ^^Black is an extremely challenging colour for armour (yes, yes, it's technically not a colour, but whatever.), however, I think you did quite well.Next step would be adding some highlights to give it all a more metallic appearance; but this is optional and depending on personal preference ^^I really enjoy the set-like style.But the head. What's up with the head? It sort of scares me since it lacks any kind of facial features. I'm pretty sure this is the effect you were going for, though. Well done.

Yes, I understand. I live in the U.S., but I tend to spell colour with the u becausea.) I like pretending I'm a hipsterb.) most of my family is from CanadaThe metallic part would be hard because I'm using coloured pencils, and thus, not using any software or other method of doing so, but this is fitting because, in the fanfiction, and by extension, headcanon he's a part of, his character spent about a thousand years in exile, meditating in a cave. So his armour has dulled in that time.The mask was based off of one you can see here. The actual set just has an Inika head piece with a Sharpie'd out piece of duct tape on it. Oh, and one eyehole cut in with my finger nail.~Tobi

:kaukau: I like how you were willing to fill in the lines, and I also see that you clearly have an eye for contours. At the same time, though, you don't necessarily have your own style and you only had the sense of depth to draw it from a straight-on angle. Perhaps if you exercise your perception of contours more you could broaden your range of drawing to include more dynamic and involving poses in the future. In the meantime, well done.My favorite part, by the way, would be the teeth. You show some discretion in being able to determine how much shadow you want.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Yes, I understand. I live in the U.S., but I tend to spell colour with the u becausea.) I like pretending I'm a hipsterb.) most of my family is from CanadaThe metallic part would be hard because I'm using coloured pencils, and thus, not using any software or other method of doing so, but this is fitting because, in the fanfiction, and by extension, headcanon he's a part of, his character spent about a thousand years in exile, meditating in a cave. So his armour has dulled in that time.The mask was based off of one you can see here. The actual set just has an Inika head piece with a Sharpie'd out piece of duct tape on it. Oh, and one eyehole cut in with my finger nail.~Tobi

Um, I'm sorry, I think I meant something different. Spell 'colour' how ever you want. It's just that usually, when I talk about black being my favourite colour I get the "But black is just the absence of light which is why it is no real colour!"-argument. And that was what I was talking about. (Also, you might have noticed that I spell everything with 'ou', so I'm the last person to judge you based on that. BTW, sorry if you were being sarcastic and I didn't pick it up. Although I'm sure a) is not to be taken 100% seriously...)You know, technically there is a lot possible. (I was talking about an effect similar to what you see in this drawing, which was coloured with only coloured pencils. Even though it's reaaaaally awkward xD)Okay, that's a sensible explanation. ^^... okay, that one scares me as well. xD But it solves a few problems, so thanks for answering my questions. :J

Um, I'm sorry, I think I meant something different. Spell 'colour' how ever you want. It's just that usually, when I talk about black being my favourite colour I get the "But black is just the absence of light which is why it is no real colour!"-argument. And that was what I was talking about. (Also, you might have noticed that I spell everything with 'ou', so I'm the last person to judge you based on that. BTW, sorry if you were being sarcastic and I didn't pick it up. Although I'm sure a) is not to be taken 100% seriously...)You know, technically there is a lot possible. (I was talking about an effect similar to what you see in this drawing, which was coloured with only coloured pencils. Even though it's reaaaaally awkward xD)Okay, that's a sensible explanation. ^^... okay, that one scares me as well. xD But it solves a few problems, so thanks for answering my questions. :J
I agree. Black is also my favorite colour. But I believe that a lack of light still produces an effect that can be considered a colour, therefore, black is a colour.No, no, not being sarcastic, though the hipster part was only partially true. I just like being different. It's funny when I yell at my English teachers who tell me the "u" is not supposed to be there. "THIS IS HOW YOU SPELL IT IN ENGRISH!!"Ah, that picture was a little awkward. XD But it looks kind of difficult for me to do. It takes a long time for me to do things that are complicated. Like last night, I was asked for a commission on a certain image sharing site *cough* and it took me well over an hour to build the MoC. It's big, it's awkward, and didn't turn out like I was expecting it to, though that's not to say it's a disappointment.Yeah, the mask is a little scary, I suppose, but it's also amazing, I have to say. :3~Tobi