Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

Toa Zaz

Discuss the entire franchise (comics, TV show, movies, abominable-sounding Michael Bay remake) here.

Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Wait, you still buy individual issues?I never do that, when I buy comics it's always in collected from (assuming it was release in magazine from at all, a lot of what I read are standalone graphic novels).

2003 cartoon was amazing, till fast forward happened.

Eh, Flash Forward wasn't that bad, although my memory of it is spotty. To bad 4kids no longer had it available on their site, otherwise I'd rewatch it sometime.

I was never a really big TMNT fan, as I never really grew up with them and all their incarnations never appealed to me much. I remember enjoying the first live-action movie, but that's about it.However, the new Nickelodeon series coming out has grabbed my attention toy-wise and style-wise. Who knows, maybe I will become a bigger Turtle fan once that comes around.

It was good when it knew that it was a joke. With the '80s cartoon, and more so with the live-action movies, it started taking itself a little too seriously and stopped being fun (just stupid). The '03 series was okay because it became more serious, to the point of actually being fairly entertaining. Didn't see the '06 movie, but I probably wouldn't've liked it. ...Now the upcoming Michael Bay remake, on the other hand... X(. So, now, they're members of an ALIEN MOTHER@#$%*&% RACE. Seriously. If any origin story could be stupider than the existing one, this is it. Also, rumor has it that they're going to have the turtles be latex body suits with motion capture heads. It sounds godawful. This could top Transformers 2 in stupidity.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

The thing about the normal origin story is that it's awesome in it's absurdity. Making them aliens is just. . . generic.

Should I also mention that they share the same origin as Daredevil? :PBut yeah, alien origin really is generic and it does eliminate the fun of baby turtles being hit with mysterious ooze.I shouldn't pass judgement yet though, the film could still be enjoyable. Have to wait for a trailer to see how they will market this sucker.