Look At The Stars

Toa Lapaka

A small story about a Matoran's reaction to becoming a ToaLapaka looked down at his new form. His mask was different, his kolhii stick had become something of a kolhii staff, and he had grown about two feet. He was no longer a Matoran, he was a full-fledged Toa! Excitement almost overwhelmed him when a small groan shook him out of his energy driven frenzy. He looked down at a the once great form of the Toa of Stone, Toa Pekhan, now shrunken into the form of a Turaga."Greetings new Toa,” He said in an older, and seemingly wiser, voice.”New Toa?” Lapaka looked down again. Suddenly all the new responsibility he would have now donned on him with a sudden realization that he was now a protector. “No,” He shook his head softly, “No, no, no!” He shook his head more vigorously. “No! I can’t be a Toa! I’m not cut out for it!” ”But you are, Toa Lapaka,” Pekhan said, trying to reassure him, “The Great Spirit divined you to be one.” ”No, I’m not! I don’t like responsibility! Take it back!” Lapaka yelled. ”I cannot take back what I gave you,” Pekhan chuckled, “It was a gift.” ”More like a curse,” Lapaka grumbled. “Did you get tired of protecting us or something? Did you just decide to pick the most unsuited Matoran and pass your responsibility to him?” ”No,” Pekhan said softly, not apparently angry at the accusations. ”Not at all. I loved being a Toa, and so will you, but my time has past as Mata Nui chose and your time has come.” ”But why me? Why not one of the responsible Matoran? Why not Lojel or Kareh, they’ve always been reliable.” ”Because Mata Nui chose you,” he said calmly. ”But how do you know it was me? How do you know he chose me?” Pekhan motioned toward the dark night sky. “Look at the stars,” He said. “You see that one directly above me?” Lapaka nodded. “It’s dimming, meaning it was my time to step down as Toa, but you see that one?” He motioned towards the brightest star in the sky above them. ”It’s right above me,” Lapaka said, realizing that Pekhan was right, and he had been destined. “Well Mata Nui made a mistake,” He said, refusing to believe it. ”Mata Nui doesn’t make mistakes.” ”But I have no idea how to be a Toa.” ”I’ll teach you all you need to know.” ”But, but…” ”You’ve run out of excuses.” ”It can’t be right.” Lapaka sat down and put his head in his hands. ”It was right,” Pekhan put an arm over Lapaka’s shoulder. “Your argument just proved it. You were afraid of responsibility and ill-preparedness, most Matoran are over taken with the new power and pay no attention to their responsibility. That shows that you are ready to be a Toa. I will teach you myself what you need to know. Now come, lets introduce the Matoran to their new protector." Pehkan stood up and reached a hand down to Lapaka. Lapaka took it timidly and followed Turaga Pehkan back to the Koro and a new destiny he had never considered.

Edited by Toa Lapaka

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

This was good, really captures the feel of 2005, when we met our first Matoran-turned-Toa. The story was indeed short, but I liked that. Pehkan's arguments really felt like something out of canon BIONICLE, which IMO is a great achievement.There was a few grammar errors, like this one:

Excitement almost overwhelmed him when a small grown groan shook him out of his energy driven frenzy.

But I enjoyed this story very much overall, good job!

This was good, really captures the feel of 2005, when we met our first Matoran-turned-Toa. The story was indeed short, but I liked that. Pehkan's arguments really felt like something out of canon BIONICLE, which IMO is a great achievement.There was a few grammar errors, like this one:

Excitement almost overwhelmed him when a small grown groan shook him out of his energy driven frenzy.

But I enjoyed this story very much overall, good job!
Thanks, fixed it. That's what I get for writing at 11 at night. but seriously , how did I miss that?

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.