Techna: Breakdown

Tyler Durden, Legolover-361, and KNI proudly present...techna_breakdown_logo.jpg* * *

I am Toa Techna Torch. Needless to say, we're going down.Radiation interference is startingly high. I can barely keep this channel op--I can barely keep this channel open to tell you that we--To tell you that we're crash-landing on an unknown world. We don't know who lives here. We don't know if we can even survive. We may be stuck there for eternities on end. But toge--But together we can overcome any obstacle. Please, please, plea----put aside your diff----work togeth--We can do thi--This is Toa Techna Torch, signin--[static]* * *Three weeks later...This is Ryjak speaking. I am exploring this new world.Now that we have landed, progress must ensue. I have created an ideal environment on the surface, as the air is better the deeper we are.I know it's hard, but we only have a little longer before we settle. We are closer to our goal than ever before.Fight on. Good men and women, this is all we've got left.* * *Two months later...This is Toa Techna Gust, head of whatever remains of the citizens of Techna.If you're hearing this, congratulations: you're not dead yet. Consider that your silver lining, because there's not much else besides that to feel happy about.The sheer force of the Battle for Techna, coupled with my fight with Ryjak I'ended up crashing some vague system, programmed in by the Spherus Magnan designers millenia ago. As far as we know, Torch tried to steer the ship away, but to no avail: we crashed anyway, and nobody's heard from him since.I don't have time to mimic his idealism: the Hackers cut and ran as soon as they had a chance, leaving us stranded here in the downed wreckage of the ship. Whatever assistance they could have provided in bringing Techna back is gone, along with their turncoat leader, Ryjak. And he's not even the worst of our problems.Yeah, you heard me, not even close. I haven't even gotten to the Umbrae yet.Of course, there's not much I can really tell you: everyone who's seen one has either been killed or driven into catatonia by...whatever it is they wield. People have caught glimpses of things, though: long, spindly-looking creatures, unclear in the night but certainly a threat. When I sent out ADR to try and investigate, they didn't return for days. Airu went out to investigate and found the ADR destroyed, torn into shreds, not one of which was bigger than my palm.And then there's the planet we crashed on: we considered naming it the Death Star, but Airu and I decided that that name made this place sound too happy. So, for now, we just call it "Karzahni Magna". The planet appears to be entirely mechanical, with barely enough oxygen for one species, let alone multiple. From what we could tell, it's been controlled since its creation by some kind of AI. At some point, it created a scout program and sent it through the universe: we know it as Equinox, which, to the best of my knowledge, has now found its way into my system and rooted itself there permanently: it often jokes that it has some kind of crush on me. Calling on its power for the Battle of Techna had consequences for me which I never could have imagined...And then there are the nightmares.These...things...the Umbrae. They've been manipulating me, appearing in my head lately, haunting my dreams, to the point where I've been relying on Equinox to keep me awake. When we hooked up a Toa to a brain monitor while he slept, we found some kind of virus-like program had made its way into his head. When we tried to exterminate it, it exhibited a strange sort of survival mechanism like Equinox used to have and completely destroyed the Toa's brain.Do you wish you were dead yet? I know I do...* * *Thirteen weeks later...I-I'm confused. This Ryjak speaking. I developed a machine that can-The volcano, it-I've almost reached the bottom. It's a challenge to resist the heat, but I'm doing it. All I hear are strange sounds-I'm down here. I can't believe what I'm seeing. It's like-Get that away from me!What are you-AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHI'd like to inform the citizens of Techna that I'm waiting. We're waiting.It's not the best sounding message, but it's all I have.[transmission ends]* * *Incoming call from Gust. Answer? y / n> yAnswering...Yo. This is Gust.Lemme see if I can call up the proper files here...Ah. There we go. The history's a little jarbled due to the Techna Nui's systems being scrambled right before we crash-landed. If you've just woken up from your post-impact coma, consider this a mental warm-up exercise to jog your memory. If you get frustrated, don't worry -- this isn't half of what you'll be feeling soon enough.Gust has sent you a file: techna-history.doc. Open? y / n> yOpening file...<<-begin document->>File Creator: TorchCreated: 2 B.L. (Before Launch)Last Edited By: GustLast Edited: 100,005 P.L. (Post-Launch)HISTORY of TECHNAFifty years after our population of Spherus Magna, we, the Matoran, Toa, etc., finally ga thered enough technical knowhow to examine the technology within the damaged Matoran Universe. Together with the Glatorian we copied detailed designs and brainstormed how to recreate them ourselves.I [Torch] was a Matoran then, rather young compared to most. Even so I [Torch] helped construct the first working quantum computer; I was also one of the first to suggest examining Matoran and Toa themselves. In doing so we discovered how to meld organic and mechanical parts together into one body. Ten years later we began adding impla nts to Toa and Matoran. Another ten years after, we created the first synthetic, completely robotic Matoran, one of fire.A mere year after the first S-toran (as they were called) was created, all of us (the Matoran, Toa, Glatorian, Agori, etc.) happened upon a grand plan: to take the Matoran Universe and recreate it into a grand spaceship to locate other planets to colonize. Some jumped for the idea; others didn't. With what help we had, we worked for two centuries on the spaceship.One thousand years afterward, now one hundred thousand years ago, we finished the starship. We tookthe Great Spirit Mata Nui's Kanohi Ignika and installed it as our SCPU (Supervisory Central Processing Unit), called "all aboard who's going aboard," and launched the starship into space. We dubbed it the Techna Nui.In a large chamber within the spaceship TechnaNui is the city we call Techna; we all live[d] within this space-city.During our time in space we have discovered howto create synthetic elements and Kanohi, how to create customized species, and how to link us all together using Techna's SCPU, thus allowing hover-taxis to be driven automatically without crashing, and allowing the Techna Nui to fly itself through space. Now no one remembers who's a Matoran and who's an S-toran -- both have so many implants, they seem equallyrobotic.<<-end document->>Well, congratulations. You now know what happened before you got here and what happened to bring you here. Now onto what's going to happen.* * *Gust has sent you a file: karzahni-magna.doc. Open? y / n> yOpening file...<<-begin document->>File Creator: GustCreated: 100,005 P.L. (Post-Launch)Last Edited By: GustLast Edited: 100,005 P.L. (Post-Launch)LOCALERock. Metal. Cold. Thin air but strong winds. Little light, save from an orange-red globe that rises every "morning" and sets every "night". Little moisture and plantlife.In other words: This place is the epitome of mystery. And I mean that in a completely non-corny way....Aw, who am I kidding? Of course it's corny.We've set up camp approximately... five kio from our crash-landing. Settlement's name, for the time being, is New Metru Nui. Intel suggests that the Hackers have formed their own city, but as of now, nothing can be confirmed.What few scanners we have with us detect a lot of metal underground. The actual surface is mainly rock, but the smooth metal subterrain shows through some places thanks to some form of erosion. How rock can disappear sans outside forces, though, we have no clue. There's also a load of radiation interference -- nothing deadly, just annoying if you have a built-in radiation scanner. A lot of static. Some of us have picked up some garbled snippets of voices, but otherwise it only serves as noise pollution.Very little oxygen, as stated above. Water sources are almost nonexistent, and we've only been able to tap a couple sources of groundwater before we hit metal. Whatever food we have from Techna is still working out somewhat well for us, but we still need to set up processing plants: we're still sustaining too many people with too few resources. And we're getting tired of stale bread. No point in toasting it if it's already as hard as Torch's head.Speaking of Torch, military also leaves something to be desired. A lot of the remaining Techna Guard was killed in the crash, and as we speak, we have maybe five hundred well-armed ground troops. Airu's been put in command of the army: for now, it's hard to have the Toa Techna with only one Techna.As for leadership, we basically run things the same way we did on the ship. The head of the Toa Techna (that's me, for those keeping score at home) runs the place, with constant input from his advisers and regular meetings for the citizens of New Metru Nui to decide what they want to implement.Need a map? No problem. Scroll down a liiiittle further. Technan territory is blue; our current extent of knowledge is represented by the pale blue halo. Hacker presence and extent of knowledge is in red.techna_breakdown_map.pngNEW METRU NUI: Techna's BaseIn the last few seconds of his Titan transformation, Gust threw a vicious cyclone at his rival, creating a hole in the ground so large that it could house the science district with room to spare.Welcome to New Metru Nui.New Metru Nui was founded a couple miles southwest of the Techna Nui's crash. The ship's iron corpse still looms in the Eastern Canyon, raising towards the sky in a sort of grosteque mockery of itself. The city was founded with what technology could be smuggled out of the ship, and as of right now, it's still a rather small settlement, about as big as Ta-Koro was during the height of its existence. In the center of the city sits a giant tower called The Citadel, where most of the technology and computer systems controlling New Metru Nui have made their home. Gust's penthouse residence is on the top floor.Places of InterestThe Citadel-- As mentioned above, the lifeblood of New Metru Nui. There are coding departments, personal residences for government officials, and even some restaurants scattered across this building, and it's the singlest largest employer in the city.The Wall of History-- Although not actually a wall, this virtual reality simulator was given the name by Airu in honor of the Old Universe's landmark of the same name. When in use, any person can go anywhere in time and meet anyone, even having actual conversations with them depending on how much information the database has on them. In times of stress, Gust often uses this feature to converse with people from his past, like Torch, Matrapolix, and Jade, for advise, current event updates, or simply therapeutic relief.KRAHZIA: Hackers' BaseIn the last seconds of his Titan transformation, Ryjak punched the rocky ground so hard, it shattered and created a hole in the ground so large, it could house the entire science district.Welcome to Krahzia.Now the Hacker main base, Ryjak has used all the power he can muster to build a city for the Hackers. Even with a mask of speed and the darkest element to fuel him, he's been going for days and has still only built a few buildings. Ryjak is convinced that if he doesn't stop, he'll be ready for all the Hackers (and Technans) to reside in his city. He has stored all the resources of the Hackers here, including food, water, supplies, and supposedly Enaltai's gauntlets, which somehow survived the explosion that killed him and Matrapolix.The houses are very modern looking, but obviously he has not had time to furnish, paint, or install anything in them. The mask of speed only goes so fast. It would take him years to get all of that done, so he is only doing the basics.(Note: We don't actually know where this city is. We've received descriptions from eyewitnesses, but they've never been able to pinpoint the city's location. All they've seen is a black blur and half-finished buildings. They just might have been brainwashed; I -- we -- don't know.)NORTHERN VOLCANO: Hackers' territoryThe volcano is the most visible landmark discovered so far on the planet. Raising above even the ship in sheer height, it's not actually volcanic: at least, not in the sense that you're thinking of. It acts as a sort of defense mechanism for the surrounding area, shooting off plasma flows from all directions as soon as you get near it. Between that and whatever the creatures are that already inhabit this planet, nobody's really been able to do a lot of documentation on it.In reality, underneath the volcano resides Tarei, home city of the Umbrae, though neither of the factions know this.EASTERN CANYON: Technans' territoryThe Eastern Canyon's title is a bit of a misnomer. It was created extremely recently, having been the site of the crash of the Techna Nui. The resulting mayhem created the canyon, and in the center lies the metallic hulk that was once the ship. The ship itself remains fortified, but the area around it is of no strategic value and is a veritable no man's land.Places of InterestTechna Nui-- The wreckage of the ship remains here. There is a garrison of a couple dozen troops on guard at all times in case of a Hacker resurgence, but as of yet, they haven't been called into action.<<-end document->>* * *Gust has sent you a file: current-crisis.doc. Open? y / n> yOpening file...<<-begin document->>File Creator: GustCreated: 100,005 P.L. (Post-Launch)Last Edited By: GustLast Edited: 100,005 P.L. (Post-Launch)THE SITUATIONSimple enough. We'd like to rebuild the Techna Nui, but without the parts to do so, well, we're kind of screwed. So we need your help.Unless, of course, you're a Hacker intercepting this transmission for spying purposes, in which case, screw you.A list of rules:1. All forum rules apply.2. No more than five characters per player. This is to prevent confusion and keep players with more time from effectively "taking over" the RPG.3. No god-modding. "God-modding" is when you make your character do something ridiculously over-powered -- for example, calling an asteroid down from the heavens or releasing a power blast at the last moment to destroy all your enemies. Play fair or don't play.4. No auto-hitting. "Auto-hitting" is when you damage another character without giving the other player a chance to post saying his or her character dodged, blocked, or something else.5. Listen to the RPG staff. They are RPG staff for a reason; thus, you cannot disobey them without very, very good reason. Techna's RPG staff -- Tyler Durden, Shadow Guardian, Krayzikk, and Legolover-361 -- will be playing as different important storyline characters, which will provide an easy way to recognize them.6. Running story arcs is encouraged; making said story arcs rigid is not. This should be a rule of thumb for making and running story arcs: If you can't adjust your story arc to let other people play, too, don't run it. This is the Bionicle RPG forum, not one of the Library forums.7. Don't just fight -- contribute. Whether you're helping the Toa Techna, the Hackers, or starting your own faction, you're contributing to the TBRPG. Develop new technology, try to gain political followers, or solve mysteries! Don't make a character who only looks for street-fights or drinks all the time.8. Excessive ridiculousness is frowned upon. Sorry, but this is not the Comedies forum. Using cartoon physics is not allowed and will be viewed as god-modding. A character made only to poke fun at other people (as in, he doesn't even work at anything) will also be frowned upon.9. Do not control or replace staff NPCs. This should be common sense. The list of staff NPCs includes the Umbrae, the surviving Toa Techna, and leaders of various divisions. You can't create PCs to replace those NPCs, either, unless the staff grants you permission (and please do not ask for permission; if your character is in a certain field and he / she does well, he / she will be provided with opportunities to be promoted).10. Rule-breaking will be punished. You have four strikes. Depending on the severity of your first offense, you will either be warned and lose your first strike or be warned and lose your first and second strikes. Losing your third strike will result in something bad happening to one or all of your characters, again depending on the severity of the offense. Losing your fourth strike will get you banned from the game.11. Characters are posted for approval in the Citizen Directory, and all-OOC discussions among three or more players go in Emergency Transmissions. Please place your posts within the appropriate topics so we can keep Techna a neat, orderly RPG.12. Remember: You're playing this to have fun!CITIZEN DIRECTORYIf you haven't already registered in your city's directory, please do so using the below form:Name:Gender: (Male / Female / None)Species:Appearance: (optional unless your character differs from the norm in any way)Kanohi: (if applicable)Powers: (if applicable)Weapons:Implants: (none, robotic arm, x-ray eyepiece, arm blaster, shoulder disk launcher, etc.; preferably one or two, keep within reason)Personality:Alignment: (Hackers / Techna / Neutral)Bio: (please include an occupation if your character has one)No Makuta, Great Being, a member of Botar's species, a Baterra, or any Rahi were allowed on the Techna Nui, but there were a ton of Glatorian, Toa, Matoran, Agori, and similar species, as well as some (not over-powered) custom species. There's no Mask of Time, Mask of Life, Mask of Light, Mask of Shadow, Mask of Dimensional Gates, Mask of Creation, or Mask of Undeath anywhere to be found here. Most people have implants, but none are particularly powerful. Custom Kanohi and elements have also been noted to exist.Techna had its own custom Kanohi and elements: Crystal, Nucleons (control over protons and neutrons), and Data (ability to adjust data and data flow, and act as a sentient database). I dunno how well these'll work out on Karzahni Magna, but they're there.Special Kanohi include the Mask of Engineering (enhances engineering abilities), Mask of Logic (speeds thought processes tenfold), Mask of Hyperspace (creates a hyperspace storage pocket), Mask of Remembrance (plants memories within others' minds), and Mask of Time Perception (speeds up or slows down perception of time, including user).All characters have a brain implant that allows them to communicate with others mentally, either via audio or text (like how you’re receiving this message).<<-end document->>* * *That's all I have to say, except for one simple albeit important reiteration:Please don't die on us.Thanks.Toa GustFormer Toa TechnaCurrent Supervisor of New Metru NuiGust has disconnected from the call.RPG StaffHead GMTyler DurdenCo-GMsLegolover-361Shadow GuardianDovydas of GuletKrayzikk Champion of RPGsSpecial ThanksFirst and foremost, I'd like to thank Legolover-361 for giving me the reins this season and giving us all a chance to continue the stories that we started back in January. When he and I created the groundwork for this RPG on another site, we had no idea that it would end up a contest winner two seasons in a row, and for that, the entire Techna staff thanks you. I'd like to thank Shadow Guardian (KNI) for invaluable assistance in fleshing up the Hackers and constantly being the voice of reason when my plot ideas tend to get too nonsensical. I'd like to thank Dovydas of Gulet for being KNI's voice of reason and for always managing to drop funny Game of Thrones references while we were writing. Special thanks to my friend and brother Shadow Kurahk and the players of Requiem: you know who you are. You helped inspire me to get into this forum, and thanks to you all, I never looked back.Most of all, thanks to you, the player, reading this. Without you all, none of this would be possible.Enjoy the ride.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Guess I'm kicking this off?[IC Overall]:A few months prior....Kinksh & RinnderKinksh, lying face down on the floor, let out a short groan, his hand twitching to life. It took him a few moments to finally pull himself back up - his head felt like it had been struck by an angry Zyglak. His eyes flickered open, allowing him to investigate the area. Corpses were everywhere - he estimated at least a third of his new allies had died in the crash, and the others were wounded or still unconscious.The crash... that must have been what caused this! He thought back to the moments before he had gone out. Air and shadow had been flying across the ship. That, and the combatants, Technan and Hacker, warring in the streets with reckless abandon. There was no sense in the conflict, but that hadn't stopped them from continuing it, now had it?In the center of the chamber stood the Vuata Maca tree, cracked in twain. It provided only residual traces of power now, enough to cause the sparks constantly jumping out from the surrounding wires.As he finally managed to stand completely, though his entire body ached, he could see Jikal lying nearby. The Skull appeared to be alive. He doubted that anything could have killed his hidden right hand that easily.But where was his public right hand? After a short time searching, he finally found Rinnder. To his chagrin, he found the Vortixx had already been awake for a while - only he was trapped under the corpse of an unusually large Steltian."Where are they?" he asked. Rinnder pointed behind the two, and what Kinksh saw caused him to unleash a powerful swear. Swuiop and Thuiop, his primary agents, were dead - slammed into the ground by the tornado, it appeared. They probably died at the moment of the crash.He felt no shame in scavenging the bodies. Rinnder took Swuiops sword from her hands, and spun it about to test its balance, before taking her sheathe and placing it there."We can rebuild..." he thought to himself. "We will rebuild!"Present DayKinksh - New Metru-Nui, Secret Base"We have rebuilt!" Kinksh declared to himself, as he sat alone in his hidden chambers. A small sappling grew nearby. He had hired a Toa of Plant Life - who was dead now - to grow the seed from the Vuata Maca into a plant old enough to provide a small amount of power. For now, he needed only a small one - one capable of fitting in the chamber. The power it provided was enough to keep the place running, and off the grid.It, and others like it. Rinnder, too, kept a few, hidden in the back of the shop to keep their projects there down to a minimum.The metal cat he was always followed by 'snoozed' nearby, awaiting commands. But for now, Kinksh continued his work as leader of the Golden Hammer, going through the files sent and transferring them via messenger drone and encrypted e-mail to his servants.All was well.Rinnder - New Metru-Nui, Civilization"Thank you for your patronage!" Rinnder said with a smile to the wealthy Matoran before him, who gave little more than a nod before turning and walking out of the store, holding close his poison resistance implant.At least, that's what it seemed. In truth, it contained nothing - he had simply been paid for a task. The assassination of another being. He slid the small communicator device with the information across the counter, where a waiting Steltian picked it up before quickly leaving to complete the task.Life was good, wasn't it?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: Lets get this started! :DIC: Onuzek (New Metru Nui)Boring. The pretty summed up Onuzek's day so far. Well, there aren't really any days here, just glowing orange thing in the sky.The massive Toa sat on a bench, a metal bench; as nothing else could really hold his wieght, thinking. But seeing as Onuzek generally didn't think, he was more of pretending to think. Hey, atleast it gave him something to do. Occasioinally a being would pass by, and try not to make eye contact with the purple armored being.And so he just sat there, bored.OOC: Onuzek open for interaction. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC-Kal:Kal walked through the rocky wastes of Karzahni Magna, as he had heard in barely-audible transitions, keeping a watch for any creatures that might come out and attack him. He had barely seen something, once, before he slept: Some tall, spindly creature, almost like a living shadow. Needless to say, he had continued along his way.He'd been walking for a while now, though he didn't quite know how long. Weeks, maybe. Months. Maybe even a year. He flexed his hands, small daggers shooting out and flying back in, the one implant he'd picked up as he'd run off. The weld marks still showed on the backs of his hands, though they were smoothing out with time.Kal looked up towards the sun of the planet, and noticed something. A large, hulking structure, towering above the ground. The Techna Nui. He'd found his way back, it seemed. He walked around the ship, and noticed a small city farther away, like a knife sticking out of the ground. His path set, he walked on towards it.OOC: I'll be at New Metru Nui in about three-four posts.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Vorex [New Metru-Nui]"The fools..." Vorex hissed. "It has been months already. They have spent so long building walls, just for them to fall. It is amusing. They will die. I will watch them. I will enjoy it. Yes..."OOC: Vorex open for interaction. :evilgrin:

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC (New Metru-Nui)​: Onuzek soon found an extremely tired Toa of Water taking a seat on the bench next to him, seemingly not noticing the huge Toa's presence, and breathing heavily, as if she had just traveled a very long distance.OOC: There's your interaction, Gravs ;)

Edited by Wotsiznaim

IC: Gust (The Citadel, New Metru Nui) (OOC: Almost typed Hacker Siege for a minute, lololol.)"Sir," said the young Toa of Electricity, poking her head into Gust's office. "The press conference starts in about ten minutes."Sighing, Gust put down his tablet and paused his game of Angry Dikapi, walking out the door. The Toa, who was his personal assistant, handed him a folder."Sir, that folder contains the latest status reports from the group fortifying the Techna Nui. The garrison leader suggested that you--"Gust held up a finger, stopping her."Have you showed Airu? Or Krayzikk?"The Toa shook her head. The Toa Techna of Air sighed."There's a chain of command for this kind of stuff, love. You should have showed it to one of them first."Shrugging, he took the folder anyway and gave the crestfallen assistant a smile."Don't worry about it, alright? It was probably the moron garrison commander that screwed up."She returned the smile weakly and walked away as Gust met up with Krayzikk and Airu, who flanked him as they walked along the long, narrow hallway."So, who wants to take this?" he asked, producing the file with a flourish.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Kinksh / Hidden Base, New Metru-NuiKinksh smiled as he heard the voices he needed to from one of the projectors - that of Gust, and in the same room Krayzikk and Airu had been in. One of the best thieves in the organization had recently broken into The Citadel, and in the process left a few small cameras. The guards destroyed them... but hadn't caught the smaller ones left to pick up audio.Now, what were they talking about? He listened intently.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Lekar (New Metru Nui)Lekar sighed. He was sitting behind a desk at his newly-built office/home, and he was bored. There were no cases to solve, not much to do at all. Sighing once more, he pulled a book from his hyperspace pocket and began to read.OOC: Lekar's open for interaction.Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC-Kal:The weak transitions Kal had received as he walked the wastes were becoming clearer, now, louder, more distinct, and they were coming in faster. He winced, tuning his brain implant to block out any non-specific messages. However, he did keep it searching for anybody he might have known back on the Techna, by face or by reputation.Name: OnuzekOccupied: NoCall: Y/N?Nobody he knew. He kept searching frequencies, before coming upon a familiar name. Gust, Toa Techna of air. No better person to speak to about current events, eh?>Attempting to contact Gust.

profiles i guess

IC-Kal:"Hello, Gust," Kal 'said' amiably. "I'm sorry if I'm interrupting anything, but I just noticed you guys have a new city built." He stopped for a moment, and sighed."I wouldn't mind an update on current events...and knowing how long it's been since the crash, if you wouldn't mind telling me."

profiles i guess

IC: Gust (The Citadel, New Metru Nui)Gust mentally sighed as the other caller tried again."About two months," he said. "I'll brief you when you get here. I have another call."He switched out of Kal's call and went to the other caller, whose name was hidden."You rang?" he said in a deep monotone with a grin.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Reichenbach> Hello, Gust.> You may or may not know me.> As I remember, I was a little bit famous back on the Techna-Nui. What was it they called me? Y'know, I can't even remember now.> My name is Reichenbach.> I'm just calling you to warn you of your pretty little city's imminent destruction.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Gust (The Citadel, New Metru Nui)Gust sighed outwardly this time. It's gonna be this kind of day again, huh...?"Listen, Rake-in-back, or whatever your name is, I don't have time for this. I have a city to attend to. Now, I have a call on the other line, so if that's the best you have for me today, I'm gonna get back to it."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

-==IC: Kairan//Crash Site2 Months Earlier==-Kairan felt the shaking, and the fact that the ship was headed for a nose-dive, and all the other chaos that went with it, and then nothing.A while later, Kairan groaned, as he opened his eyes, and slowly stood up, and looked around, still slightly dazed.We're... Alive...? Kairan thought, his mind still hazy, as he looked around to see what happened to the others of their group. As his eyes started to focus, he scanned the rubble, but didn't see any sign of Blade.Figures he'd disappear, assuming he survived... Kairan frowned, and scanned the rubble again, as he noticed a heavily damaged red robot."Zero?" Kairan mumbled, as he walked over to the robot, and noticed it was indeed the robot replica of Omega."This isn't good..." Kairan sighed, as, for some reason, he didn't seem to have taken as much damage.What happened? Did someone shield me...? Kairan wondered, but shook his head, not sure what to do now...-==IC: Kairan//New Metru NuiNow==-Kairan frowned, as he looked around the city.Everything seems normal again. There were more survivors that would be expected. Kairan thought, but something seemed odd still...Blade's body was never found. Could he be still alive? But why wouldn't he have checked in with us at any time? Kairan wondered mentally, but sighed, as he simply rested outside of one of the buildings, not sure of what to do now. He had heard some rumours of attacks, but wasn't sure what that could mean...-==IC: Blade//Outside New Metru Nui, on path to Techna Nui crash site==-Blade panted, as he yelled out, and ran toward his target, sword in hand. He swung the sword quickly, and watched as the body of the target was sliced in half."Hmph. They've gotten more sophisticated... But who could be making them...?" Blade muttered, as he put away his sword, and walked away with a frown, as the eye lens of the person he attacked went dim, the faceplate obscuring the real eyes of the person.OOC: Left that there for you to find, Kal. =P

IC-Kal:Kal had been listening in on Gust's call, a small trick he had learned from hackers. He raised an eyebrow and quickened his pace, striding towards the wall of the city."Two months," he said to himself. "I would have thought it was longer, but then again...I also thought it was shorter at times too. Oh well."

profiles i guess

IC: Reichenbach> No, that's not the best I have for you.> And it's pronounced more like 'Rike-en-back'.> To put it simply, your city's destruction can still be prevented.> Y'see, I've had a change of heart.> There's a strange little creature, four arms, weird head, standing somewhere in the city.> If you capture him, your city might just survive the Storm.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Kinksh / Hidden Base, New Metru-NuiKinksh growled. Gust was talking with somebody over his private com, it seemed - either that, or he was talking to the air around him. No matter. With a few keystrokes...> Attempting to contact GustThat's what the machine said. Suddenly, the call went down, and instead, it opened a third channel into the line, hidden from the other two. He couldn't send any messages, but he could at least get them. At least for now - it wouldn't be too long until somebody noticed it, but he could probably slip five minutes in.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

GM IC:A buzz of activity on an otherwise apparently lifeless world.In the middle of a two-month-old crater filled with mechanical debris, a dying computer sent out its own version of a last breath, a siren that echoed through the land via radio waves. For the past two months this siren had blared, silently to those beings who had left it, but visually to those who had HUDs connected to the ship's network.Now...Connection to SCPU lost!Establishing connection with backup server.Establishing connection with backup server..Establishing connection with backup server...Connection established.Setting up network...Network established.Signal-strength : 11%Power-usage : 50% Available-power : 1% of maxPower generators operating at below half efficiency. Activating backup power.Activating.Activating..Activating...Backup power cannot be activated due to faulty connections and / or insufficient power.Signal strength waning.Available-power : 0.5% of max.Power-Saver Mode initiated.Network terminated due to lack of power.Attempting to realign solar panels.Attempting to realign solar panels..Attempting to realign solar panels...Solar panels cannot be realigned due to faulty connections and / or insufficient power.No nearby power sources detected.Available-power: 0.2% of maxShutting down to ensure computer integrity.Shutdowninitiated.Shuttingdown......

Edited by Legolover-361

IC-Kal:Kal continued along the road-he noticed some odd being move past him, looking around nervously. He shrugged, but then slipped and fell on something. He looked down, finding himself face to face with a dead being.He didn't scream, he only pushed himself up. He burned the blood off of his legs, before taking the being's helmet, and (after a bit of digging and pulling) their brain implant-he'd learned that you could access memory from these things to see what last happened to the being. These he carried with him into the walls of the city, moving quickly toward's the citadel.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC: Skyra - New Metru Nui -Skyra's eyes snapped open, instantly his light green eyes began to reflect off the smooth metallic casing of the stasis pod he was in. How did I...end up in this thing? He tried to find a way to open the pod, but he had no such luck. Unbeknownst to Skyra, his pod was sitting at the bottom of a huge pile of other salvaged parts from Techna. "HEY! CAN ANYONE HEAR ME! HELLOOO!" Skyra's voice yelled, but on the outside it wouldn't of been heard by anyone but the sharpest ears, his voice almost completely snuffed out by the pile he was buried in. Skyra growled in annoyance, and then looked down at his feet, there lay his trust Midak Skyblasters. He grabbed them, aimed at the roof of his pod, and fired.

Edited by Snelly the gelotophobic

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

-==IC: Zero//New Metru Nui==-"I'd back away if I were you." Zero said, as he walked behind Vorex, his plasma gun in hand."I detect one unauthorized use of a Kanohi on a citizen here." Zero stated, a monotone taught more or less by listening to Krayzikk talk.

IC-Kal:Kal stepped up to the citadel, before bumping into another being. "Oh, sorry," he said, looking up from his feet. Then he stopped. Standing before him was a copy of himself. Ragged. Scared. Alone. The same way Kal felt now, having only just come out of the desert. The being's eyes flashed right, left, and he turned, a hand on his blade.Kal stared at the being, before angrily shoving him to the side. He was still alone in his experiences, and he still had reason to be afraid. That didn't mean he had to be afraid of anything but his true self, though.He stepped into the Citadel, walking up to an attendant there. "I need to see Gust," he said. "Now. Two...no, three reasons, now."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC (New Metru-Nui)​: Onuzek soon found an extremely tired Toa of Water taking a seat on the bench next to him, seemingly not noticing the huge Toa's presence, and breathing heavily, as if she had just traveled a very long distance.OOC: There's your interaction, Gravs ;)

IC: Onuzek (New Metru Nui)The giant Toa noticed a Toa of Water sit down next to him. And it seemed like she had run a marathon."Are you alright?" he asked.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: I'm baaack...... :evilgrin:IC: KrayzikkKrayzikk would have smiled, if he could. Before the crash, he might have considered getting that option installed. Now, the resources simply aren't there. "So, that kind of day, sir? Let me guess, another lunatic threatening the city?" He asked Gust, who was juggling various calls.IC: JikalJikal smiled, as he pretended to browse the stock in Civilization. He looked Rinnder in the ey, and smirked slightly, tipping his fedora to the being.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Gust (The Citadel, New Metru Nui)"That kind of day," Gust agreed. He handed the folder to Airu, who looked at it."You can't be serious.""Serious as a heart attack. You're head of the armed forces: you're supposed to manage these things."Airu rolled his eyes and diverted away from the group, walking to his private office. Gust, laughing, turned to Krayzikk."Let's head out. The press conference starts in five minutes."NPC: AttendantThe attendant looked at Kal quizzically."Do you have an appointment?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (New Metru-Nui): Solia was slightly startled upon noticing the bizarrely oversized Toa sitting next to her, but soon replied."Fine. Well, exhausted, but essentially fine." she breathed, "Just went all the way back to the ship to get this." she gestured to the staff now leaning against the side of the bench, "Can't believe I forgot it was still there. What's even more surprising is the fact that it's intact. That's workmanship for you."

IC-Kal:"No appointment," Kal said, sighing. Same as before. "But I'd been talking to him over implant a few minutes ago, and he told me he'd brief me on some things once I got back." Then he held up the bloody helmet and implant."Also, somebody's been a'murdered out o' the city. I kind figured that Gust might like to know," he said dryly.

profiles i guess

IC: Gust (The Citadel, New Metru Nui)"Ah, the pains of being a Terminator," said Gust, patting Krayzikk on the back. The Guard member had become an invaluable ally to him over the last two months, and Gust had immediately hired him as National Security Adviser. He picked up on the link again."What do you want?"NPC: AttendantThe attendant raised her eyebrows."Toa Techna Gust is headed towards a press conference right now. Can you wait for about twenty minutes?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC-Kal:"Maybe this might be better brought to the whole council here," Kal said. He held up the implant. "I'm sure you know there are ways of getting playback from these brain implants, right? Might it be better if the whole group sees them, rather than just Gust?" He frowned."After all, it might make finding the killer, and identifying the deceased, a bit easier."

profiles i guess

IC: Skyra - New Metru Nui -The blast from Skyra's blaster put a good hole into the pod, but it didn't get through the pile of stuff on top of it, which Skyra now could see. "What the karz is this!? Who in their right mind would put an occupied stasis pod at the bottom of a pile of junk!?!" Skyra was now really ticked off, he held down the triggers of both his Midak Skyblasters, they began to charge. He held down the triggers for the longest time, till the blasters looked like they were overheating, then he let go. The resulting explosion of light energy consumed the entire pile. Skyra would of taken serious damage from the blast himself, but he'd cleverly used his Hau to avoid that. When the dust settled, the only think remaining was Skyra himself. The pile of stuff he'd been burred under reduced to a smoldering heap. "HA! Take that...pile."

Edited by Snelly the gelotophobic

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Lekar (New Metru Nui)Lekar got up, put away his book back into his hyperspace pocket, and walked over to the door. Opening it, he went through, flipping a sign on the front to "Closed" and shutting it in the process. 'Might as well head to the crash site. Maybe we've got some more poeple awakening form a coma.' he thought. Pulling a new hoverboard from his hyperspace pocket, (the old one was somewhere in the Techna Nui's wreakage) he got on and sped towards the crash site. Along the way, he saw a Toa of Water sitting on a bench next to what looked like a buffed-up Toa of Gravity. After seeing that, he hovered out of the city into the Eastern Canyon. Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.