If you guys followed MT's Aftermath closely, you'll know that JL is a new GS. Well, MT has big plans for him, being Keybearer and all. So, I decided to write about him before he joined the Toa Zehvor. And, well, since I already began around a few months ago, on HiPor: Empire of Pixels, where a few other comedy writers (MT Included) had been continuing their stuff. Anyways, enjoy. Also, here's the link to the first 10 chapters. Don't miss the prologue, and read the 1 "special" post which shows us how this relates to TBTTRAH. :D http://hipor.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=383&st=0 Chapter 11: LegacyJL moved forwards, and jumped. The cliff was low, and he could easily reach the ground below. He rolled, and sprinted. He looked at his visor. 1 of the Freelancers were fighting behind him, back on the cliff. Far in front of him, one of the Rogue Freelancers where there, running away.JL jumped, and took flight. He looked forwards, and while he chased, he recalled the events that had lead to this point.__________________________________________________---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------It had been 2 hours since they had first encountered the 5. Each of the Freelancers had worked as one, effectively defeating them... just barely. They had managed to run away, and JL knew that their tactics now were to take them out 1 by 1.JL: Here. The 5 of them are situated on this cliff. They have a temporary camp, and we have to catch them off guard.Primax: If they see us coming and have the preparations, they can easily run away. If they DID prepare with Freelancer Tactics, they will disappear. No finding them.Hexus: Fortunately for us, We're Freelancers too.JL: Unfortunately for us, they are at least twice as powerful. We're going to have to search for a Weakness. Alright. Hit them hard, fast, and surprising. How do we get up without being spotted?Hexus: .... A Diversion.JL: Who?10 Minutes later......JL: (Facepalm)Hexus: JUST FLY OVER TO THE CLIFF AND SEND BARRAGES OF RAIN, LIGHTNING AND WIND! ALSO, TRY TO GET A TSUNAMI!JL: I KNOW! JUST GET TO THE HILLSIDE! BUT THERES NO SEA HERE! GO! AND ###### YOU FOR MAKING ME THE DECOY!Primax: OK!!!!!!2 minutes later, and he was floating around the top of their cliff. Meanwhile, his team members continued around the hill, stealthily.JL: Hey! Get out of their, you lazy punks, and face me!Xenox: .... You. He told me to kill you. User of the storm.JL: You. Your name sounds funny.Xenox: You dare insult my name? Destiny gave it to me!JL: Yeah, well, no wonder everyones life is a joke.Xenox: Shut up!Xenox launches a barrage of xenon at JL, who barely evades it. In return, a gust of wind blasts back at Xenox, who barely stands his ground. The other 4 come out, intent on watching. On his HUD, JL spotted several of his teammates slowly walking up the hill, trying not to be heard or saw.Shade: All 5 of us will take you down easily! After all, its just one of you-Xenox: No! He will be defeated by me... ONLY!Shade: What did he do now....JL: I said his name sounded stupid...Shade: You know, I think our mother had autism or something, nameing us these weird doomsday names.JL: Don't you mean.... emo?Xenox: Alright. You're going down, mate!JL: Come at me!Xenox fires another volley of Xenon, and this time, JL floats downwards, making them all miss.JL: You know, going down actually makes my chances of winning much better. I mean, if I go down and you lose power, while I haven't really done anything except use my armor and keep air pressure stable under my feet, well, quoting you, "You're going down!"Xenox: Thats it. You're dead. Come down, and let us face off on the floor.JL: Why should I do that? I mean, come on! I can just hurl lightning and all of you can just die! Xenon is conductive, right?Xenox: Well, I guess you CAN stay up there.... if you want to continue being an arrogant fool, not knowing anything except what the IUPD told you, not knowing of what happened before you became such a warrior, not knowing who you were.JL:..........Xenox: After all, I know what happened. You lost all memory when you were recruited by the IUPD. I know what happened.JL: Tell me, and I'll come down.Xenox: What can make me think you will?Thunder rumbles.Xenox: Boasting, eh? Very well. Your history, presented to me by the bane of the universe, champion of Xenon, by the Dark Lord himself. And now, lets see you as we talk about you... to you! (Evil Grin)=========Xenox: You had the talent to be very powerful. That was why you were chosen. To be keybearer.JL: Beehairer? Just to let you know, I will never choose to cut a bee's hair. Even if I was bribed.Xenox: No, you cool dude! Keybearer!JL: I bear no keys. I lose them too well.Xenox: *Sigh* Look. You were chosen to hold a secret, and the power which opens it back up. However, there are some things which don't like that thing being opened. And, well, we decided to attack you.JL: Did I beat you really badly?Xenox: No. We beat you really badly.JL: Liar. Liar. Pants on fire.A thunderbolt slashed through the air, striking the tree Xenox was standing next to. The tree falls, and the newly created bonfire touches Xenox's groin.Xenox: ....... Dude. That's just wrong.JL: Shouldn't it hurt?Xenox: Your stupidity made me lose brain cells. I don't think I can feel pain.JL: ....... That. Was the worst comeback. Ever.Xenon covers up the Fire, and soon, The only thing left was the Gas. Xenox twirled around with it, until a gust of wind scattered it.JL: Talk.Xenox: Interested, mm? Anyways, you were given this power, hidden inside of you, and you were told to fight with your life to defend it. Obviously, the previous Keybearer thought you had enough time to get better with your powers. But nope. The forces of Xenon found you anyways. You fought with your life, knowing the cost, and you managed to defeat all the cannon fodder little Terna..... but then, you fainted from exhaustion. And before our reinforcements could reach you, the IUPD friends decided that your uncontrollable power of the storm....... must be controlled.JL: Uncontrollable? Not likely. I can use it just fine. The sea can do my bidding. The rain can form water too. Lightning can help me fight. So will the air. You could say, I am a 3 in 1. 3 powers confined as 1 element, to be controlled in unison.Xenox: But what happens when you let it rage? When you unleash so much power on it, on a storm, you can destroy a planet. Your element can be self sustaining as long as you make it strong enough. It can die out over time...... but if you just continue, you can change a metropolis planet into a place of rubble, a tourist site.JL: And so? This has to do with Xenon, my history, what?JL couldn't believe it. He had originally come here hoping to let the other Freelancers surround their enemies. And yet, he was hooked on this story. He was actually sending his teammates a message right now - "Don't attack yet."He was disobeying everything he should be doing. And yet, his teammates understood. He was lucky to have them as friends. He didn't want to lose them.Xenox: You were taken in, trained to be a warrior. And I must admit, you are strong. But Xenon is stronger than anything, and everything. You will fall, your secret will die with you, and no one will be left to stop The Dark Lord from his rampage.JL: No. If I fall, others can fight too. And there are things that can defeat your "undefeatable" substance.Xenox: Determination? Hope? Insanity? Stupidity? Cleverness? Trust me, people have tried, and they have failed. Even if they succeeded, The Dark Lord can rule. Even in Death, he can be brought back.JL: Oh yeah? How?Xenox: Oh, you don't want to know.JL: I've heard enough. You say I have a power - a key which can end all this.Xenox: Yes.---Shade: (Behind Xenox's back, whispering to his brothers) I think Xenox is insane. He actually talked to that big fat blob about this guy and his history?? Haha.Darkside: Well, I guess it couldn't hurt telling people of their origins. I would want to know.Sager: Let me guess. You want to slap our parents for naming you like an cool dude.Darkside: Yes.Sena: Wow. Darkside, we have a massive lifestory confrontation between two amazingly powered warriors, talking about their legacy, tension growing...... and you're talking about your mother?Darkside: I know, I know, I'm emotionally unstable-Sena: Nope. You are brain damaged.Darkside: Shush.--JL: Well, then, I guess I know what I need to know. I have a power which can stop this Xenon from spreading. But first, I need to know how it works.Xenox: You need us for that.JL: No. I don't. If I have to, I'll fight The Dark Lord himself to know more about myself. But, trust me - I will activate this power. Even if I lose my memory again, I'll do it. I'll find new friends, find the keyhole, and end it all, by myself or with friends. Preferably the latter.Xenox: Oh yeah? Well, then, I guess the talking is done-JL: And the fighting begins.Immediately, Xenon smashes into JL, knocking him down to the bottom of the cliff. Xenox jumps down after him, and JL runs, finally remembering what he was here for."Hey, guys, feel free to attack them whenever you can, I'll face this guy myself."

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Well, if you're looking for nitpicking, Xenox's lines came off as a bit cheesy, there's quite a bit of RvB references in here which seem unnecessary, and your script at the end uses present tense, when it should be past. I mean, there really isn't much of a problem in terms of not having a good balance between humor and action, or that either of the two isn't particularly entertaining. You've done a good job with this comedy, and I think some of that kinda gets lost in the repetitive "good job" reviews. I guarantee you, the moment I see something that is genuinely holding this comedy back, I will make you aware. -MT

XPufEB3.png?1

• 1 month later...

Chairman to Readers: Informative Information on a bit of Backstory which most people probably did not read.Dear Chairman, I require information of our new recruit, JL. And as the Chairman of the IUPD Secret Service, I believe you can give that.A long time ago, when the Dark Lord was just getting started in the business of corrupting areas with Xenon, a small, undisclosed group came together known as the Center. The Center was composed of Turaga who had been around for long enough to study the way societies worked and fell, and realized that Xenon had potential as a piece of society, but if left as it was, would end up corrupting the entire universe and shifting everything to a lack of balance on one side or the other.The Center experimented with Xenon and quickly found a mixture of it and another substance, which they called Nicro-Xenon. Nicro-Xenon was a substance far superior to Xenon in terms of firepower, and was preferable for combat in every way save for influence. Nicro-Xenon didn't have Xenon's ability to mentally enslave users, so Nicro-Xenon couldn't simply be placed on the same planet as Xenon and expected to contest for the planet's population.The Center realized that what they had stumbled upon could still potentially be useful, however, and to that end they created what they believed would be enough to deal with the Dark Lord, which they called "The Three Rulers."Since the Center wanted Xenon to still exist, though not in the levels that the Dark Lord did, they took these Toa that they constructed basically out of Nicro-Xenon and sent them to deal with some of Xenon's most deadly agents, including the Dark Lord itself. The Center figured that with the death of the Dark Lord, they could take over Xenon and begin running it how they wanted to create a universe were some were free and others were enslaved by Xenon. That way, no one would dare to try and start a universe-wide war, simply because Xenon would be there to engulf them when they did.The Three Rulers, which came to be known as "The Three," were incredibly powerful, but the Center had vastly under-estimated the Dark Lord's power.The first ruler, called the Apparition King, was sent to kill Vundas. He encountered Vundas and knocked him unconscious, and believed he had killed the Toa. However, Vundas survived, and managed to track down the Apparition King. Vundas murdered the Apparition King in his sleep.The second ruler, called the Supression King, was sent to find an entrance to the Second Dimension, where the Dark Lord was hiding in. The Supression King was surrounded by two of the Dark Lord's top servants: Ihr and Epak. After killing Epak, the Supression King was defeated by Ihr.The third ruler was sent on a mission to raise an army against the Dark Lord. He was tracked down by Nightmare and confirmed to have entered combat against the multi-armed freak. He was never seen again, and Nightmare wasn't spotted for another three thousand years. This third ruler, called the Destruction King, is the only one that hasn't been confirmed to be dead.Anyways, after all this, the Center decided that Nicro-Xenon, or at least, three Nicro-Xenon Toa, couldn't compete with the Dark Lord's forces after all. They retreated and sealed away the last of the Nicro-Xenon, along with the hope of making an army of Nicro-Xenon Toa some day. They entrusted a lone member of galactic civilization with keeping that secret locked in until it was needed. That person would also 'hold' the Key that would unlock it's long hidden secret.However, the person entrusted was soon attacked by Xenon's forces. He managed to repel the forces (he was chosen because of his power) but believed that it was time to pass on the key. He lived on with knowledge of this key, and still knowing what is needed to unlock the secret again. However, he no longer had the 'Power' to do this, as it has passed along with the key.The person who received the Key was chosen because he was young and had talent to be extremely powerful.That person happened to be named JL, and had the powers of the key, with no knowledge of how to use it. The only way that this would be used again would be when Destiny decided for this new and young warrior to join a fully fledged Toa team known as the Toa Zehvor.==========Because if you are as lazy as I am, you would never ever click the link to the other forum, so I'll just write everything here.The Old Chapter's - Post containing Reposts.Prologue: Its been a few weeks since The Dark Lord was defeated once. And yet, he's come back to life again. Now, he's trapped. But what about Xenon? What is it? What is its true meaning? While we have no idea, we know of secrets. We know of legacies, capable to igniting a series of events for the good of everyone, We know of people capable of sparking victory. One of them, you know. You can see him, using the sea, the air, the particles itself that form a storm, helping the Toa Zehvor, fighting against Xenon, finding clues, finding the history and creating the future. But how are heroes trained? How did the Zehvor become what it is? Experience? Skill? While we don't have all of the Zehvors history, we have information on the one who was trained as a secret, becoming a secret, by the largest current (and probably most useless) force fighting against evil. Who? JL's StoryChapter 1: Rookie's of the DayA room, with a computer, a bed, a alarm clock, and a lump on the bed.*beep* *beep* ....Seven a.m., waking up in the morningGotta be fresh, gotta go downstairsGotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal....*SMASH*Lump on the bed: ######! DON'T USE THAT AS MY ALARM!!!!!! I SPECIFICALLY TOLD THE PEOPLE THAT, NO MATTER WHAT, EVEN IF I AM THE NEWEST GUY, RETARDED PEOPLE IN THE FUTURE SINGING CANNOT BE MY ALARM!!!The broken pieces of the alarm clock slide down.Lump on the bed:...... Oh ######.......... I'm late !!!!!!!!The lump on the bed jumps out, rushes out a door, slams it shut, and runs out a corridor.The door breaks.The lump that was on the bed is shown to have black and silver armor, with 2 attachments on the back, and a mask. His name? JL.JL: Crud.. crud.. crud.. crud.... I'm so screwed.JL jumps into a elevator, and rides it down a few floors. He gets out in a large silver room with another dude sitting on a chair, looking at a large data pad in front of him. On it is data of JL.Dude in a chair: Hello, JL. Once again, you have amazed me with your skills.JL:.... Come again, Director?Director: Yet another day where you have broken at least 2 things in the morning! And late, again!JL:.....Director: Listen, rookie. You are here, because you have the talent to be the best. The IUPD brought you here personally thanks to whatever the heck they said you could do. "Stopped entire gang from stealing artifacts from the IUPD Museum of the Physically Challenged". More like bored them to death.JL: I think I would laugh them to death.Director: Don't you dare talk back to me, mister.JL: Make a exception?Director: Shut up and get to breakfast. NOW. And stop bothering me again.JL: Fine. By the way, stop making horrible music from the funny planet in the future my alarm.Director: I'm sorry... funny planet?JL: Yeah.Director: Why would you say that?JL:.... cos it's funny.Director: How?JL: Stupid people who live there, you know. The ones who inherited your personality.Director: Get out. Know.JL: Whoopty-doo. (Leaves and smashes the door)The Director clicks a button on his desk.Director: Open link to the IUPD Secret Service section. Thing. Whatever it's name is.*beep**bzzp* This is the IUPD. Speak your business.Director: I hope this is the secret service.. thing. I am the director of the Freelancer program. We need to talk.IUPD dude:.... Talk.Elsewhere...JL: Ok. So yesterday I was brought here as some kind of 'New Recruit'. They gave me a bunch of stuff to wear. Now, the list of things to do is... *looks at paper in hand*1. Visit tech office.2. Visit training center.3. Relax time.JL: Hmm. I wonder what the daily schedule is.He head's to the lift, and clicks 'Tech'. Outside the glass of the lift, he could see a lot of machinery, and a large silvery building. A image panel in the lift showed a blue sea with a green landscape. He wondered if it really was that.The doors opened.JL: Tech... Holy #$%^.In the tech office was a massive amount of crates to one side, and a lot of dudes carrying stuff around in the other side. He walked over to one of the guys.JL: Hey, uh.... I'm new here, so I guess... well...Tech dude: JL, huh?JL: Yep.Tech dude: Yo. I'll be helping you today. And, if you wanna know why you're here.... don't think this is cheerful. You woke up this morning and was pretty busted for that. This isn't a resort and spa.JL:.... so what is it?Tech dude:... You are the newest member of a secret training program of the IUPD to create powerful warriors by utilizing your elemental powers and skill. This way, you will be somewhat similar to mercenaries, working on missions for the IUPD secret service. Sometimes, you might even be going against the IUPD itself. Our best few Freelancers did that once.JL:..... So I'm technically a undercover hero working for the IUPD to be helping the greater good.Tech dude: Yeah. And I'm here to help you with your stuff. You know, the stuff you're wearing.JL:.... yeah. Help me.They moved over to a large desk with a holo panel. The Tech dude pressed some stuff, and holograms of different things appeared.Tech dude: Alright. First of all, your armor. It is designed to increase your reaction time, and help your skill. No one else has the same thing. This armor, you can say, is tailor made for you. Use it well.He clicked something again. This time, pieces of his armor sprung up.Tech dude: Alright. The armor is powered by a fusion core, which will pretty much never run out. It increases strength and mobility.JL:... nice.Tech dude: See the 2 things on your back? Rockets. Use them to fly around at high speed. You can also shoot rockets that can lock on from the front of them.JL:.... too awesome...Tech dude: Remember- all of the attacks come from your elemental power, and this armor channels it. This means that everything you want the armor to do is activated with your mind. Now onto your mask.JL: Wait, so everything I use is unlimited as long as I have enough power?Tech dude: You could say that. Ok, the mask. A HUD visor system with a built in radar. People you tag as friends will appear yellow. Anyone else, red. While holding a weapon, a crosshair/reticule appears, showing wear approximately your weapons will hit. Also, remember that the VIS, or Visual Intelligence System, is in your mask. Use it to gain all information on your enemies before engaging. Know their weaknesses.JL:... Sweet. I love this Freelancer thing.Tech dude: Yeah? Well, here's the coolest part. This mask, while having this system, also has a power. Don't forget that. You can turn invisible. Well, not exactly. Bend light so you are invisible. I'm not sure how it works, but it will.JL: Aw, really? AWESOME! Let me test it out!Tech dude: No, wait!Too late.JL went invisible, or to be more exact, transparent.Then, he trips, and to everyone else, A entire stack of boxes randomly falls down.JL: (muffled) Helpmf Mne!!!!!JL is pulled out, now not invisible.Tech dude: *facepalm* Lets go. Weapons.JL:..... ^*$% Yeah.Weapons Rack, Tech.JL: Nice. So much to choose from.Tech dude: Actually, you already have been assigned to 2 weapons.JL: Aw, come on!Tech dude: And for some reason, the IUPD decided it is the 2 best weapons.JL: Aw, yeah!The Tech dude pulled out a menacing sword, and a large claw like weapon.JL:.... Uh.... did you make a mistake?Tech dude: Listen to what I have to say. Your sword. It is specially for you. Why? Hold it.JL took the sword.Tech dude: Feels perfect, right?JL: Yeah.Tech dude: Now, channel your elemental energy.JL: Okay...*Bzzzzzt**Blam!*Tech dude: NOT OUTSIDE! ARGHG!JL:... Oops.JL channels his element through the sword, and immediately it turns sharper, and glows grey, black, and blue.Tech dude: You can change it's shape in this form, although the energy is coming from YOU. That way, your sword will work as a extension of you, at the cost of using your energy.JL:.... and the claw?Tech dude: That, sir, is not a claw. Take it.JL took the claw-like weapon.Tech dude: Now, will it to shoot.*BOOM*A large hole in the wall. Lights out. Everything dark. JL laughing. A great day for the Tech dude.Tech dude: Alright. The crosshair will work alongside these 2 weapons. Your claw? Nope. A gun. Which shoots anything you want it to. Large, lock on bolts of your elemental energy? Done. Fast, high speed bullets? Done. Sniping? Done. Plus, your HUD can zoom in.JL:..... I love you. I love this. This is awesome.Tech dude: Just... listen. While it's awesome, it's still armor.JL: ... So?Tech dude: You don't know? About that MT guy?JL: No idea.Tech dude: Well, he was this really powerful Toa, and his armor kept on changing because of this essence he always met while he was fighting the baddies.JL:...Ahhhhh....Tech dude: Don't worry too much. You'll be fine.Dear Director, what, exactly, would you wan't your information be? His skill? His talent? His power? Or the reason that we was put into your program?Chapter 2: Training is easy, except for when you are overpowered.The Training Room...JL looked around, trying to take in what he saw.He was in training, trying to get better in using his armor and skill.His current job was to get to the end of the course. In the course there were obstacles, each one getting harder to pass the more deep you go.JL was at the first obstacle and there were 30 turrets aiming at him.JL: Sheesh, if this is what you treat to the newbie, I wonder what you treat to the best.JL took out his sword, and jumped into the fray. Immediately, every turret was firing at him. But somehow, time slowed down. At least to him. JL knew this was because of his enhanced reaction time. After all, it had been above average when he was first staying on his home planet. Now? So much more faster.JL:....Nice.JL ran through, weaving through turrets, making them shoot at other turrets. He ducked, dodged, jumped, and soon most of the turrets had fallen thanks to their mechanical brothers. Only 5 remained. JL took his sword, and channeled his elemental energy. He spun, and each shot from the turrets were deflected back at themselves.JL: Obstacle 1 done. How many more?Meanwhile, at a room, with a large screen showing a live feed from JL's obstacle course, were a few dudes hanging around.Dude 1: Hey, bob, he's doing quite well for a new recruit.Bob: That's because he cheated, Trent.Trent: What? No he didn't. He followed the rules - to neutralize all threats.Bob: He made them attack each other. It wasn't fair.Trent: You're hopeless, Bob.Bob: You're homeless, Trent.Trent: Shut up.Back at the obstacle course...JL: Really? They put a wall in my way? How stupid are they?JL slashes with his sword. It bounces off, and hits him in the face.JL: *Face+sword+palm*JL: Lets see how to do it......Immediately, a mini tornado is spinning in the room, and smashes into the wall. JL shoots some rockets from his armor, and then some bolts from his gun. Weakened with the shots, the tornado blasts through.JL: Win!Back with Bob and Trent...Bob: Look at that! He cheated! Again! He blasted the wall to bits!Trent: Because he was meant to get through the wall!Bob: So? He could have made a hole! But he decimated the wall!Seriously!Trent: Oh, hey! He's here!Trent heads to the microphone and speaks some gibberish in.At the obstacle course...JL: Huh. What now.....Suddenly, a speaker comes out of nowhere and a guy starts speaking through it.Trent: The rules here is to get through this entire maze without getting spotted. The red cameras spot you by normal sight. The green cameras spot you by heat. Get through.JL:.... Ohhkay...... So I just walk through.JL turned on his mask, and bent light. Immediately, he became nearly invisible. He walked through the entire area which was covered with red cameras, all of them not being able to see the transparent blob, and being way too useless cameras to spot the outline of a person.JL: Huh. Easy. Now the green cameras.He looked forwards, and saw a bunch of green dots outline the area.JL: Easy peasy lemon squeezy.A tornado destroyed the next half of the maze, along with the green cameras.With Bob and Trent...Bob: He cheated! Again! Look! He destroyed the maze and the cameras, when he should have just walked through without getting spotted!Trent: His job was to not get spotted. If there are no cameras, how can he get spotted? I say he followed the rules.Bob: He's CHEATING!!!!JL:.... Really? The obstacle course is finished?JL looks at the cake in front of him which teleported out of nowhere. He took it, and went to the exit.JL:.... Fail that was easy.Later....JL: Alright. Now what.Some guy: Hey! JL, right? Follow me!JL followed the guy, and saw him walk into a small room. Inside were all the other Freelancers.JL:.... Uhmm...Some guy: Well, you have to apparently make a speech about how you feel here, so the IUPD could make this place better and stuff. Just think of it as people asking you if room service in a hotel is good.JL:... I thought we were some kind of secret agent group. Why in the living $%#^ would you do that?Some guy: No idea.As Some guy called out the names of Freelancers to say their speech, the Director continued to listen. Soon, it was JL's turn.JL: (grabs microphone).... Uhmm..... I think this facility is for weak people since the obstacle course was too easy, and we have to do this stupid reflection form thing.Immediately, The Director opens up a video chat to everyone in the room. He looked weird, as if he was both mad, sad, and trying to contain his laughter.The Director: .... What you just said.... was the most stupid and idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point, in your insanely incoherent speech, was there anything... that could be considered a rational thought. I award you no points... and may the IUPD have mercy on your soul.JL:..... Uhm.... A simple 'No' would have done it, but, mmm, ok.Dear Chairman, The information I require would be just about all of this. After all, why would he be in the program if he didn't have power and skill?Chapter 3: U fly, I fly.**Ring**Ring** Baby, Baby, Baby Ooooohhh, like *SMASH*JL smashes another alarm clock. It had been 3 years since his first destruction of a clock, and STILL the dudes organizing his room still got him the worlds worst music to be his Alarm. Each day he destroyed a Alarm. Each night they replaced it with another similarly bad one.JL got out, and opened up his tac-pad, a gift he had received from Bob as a birthday present.He opened up his 'List of Jobs 2day' and saw on it, 1 Job.Weird. Usually he was given at least 3 Jobs per day, most of it training.1? Weird. What's weirder? The location.He remembered how, 3 years ago, he had went into a lift and wondered about how weird the mountains were.He guessed it was time to know.JL jumped out of the window and activated his wings. Immediately, 2 bolts of energy pulsed out of the back while the wings steadied him. He took his tac-pad and sent a message to The Director, saying 'y is this so far away?''Don't ask. You'll get Steak dinner.'JL smiled. It was The Directors secret way to get JL to do things. Who could resist?JL flew around the mountain for a few minutes, his tac-pad in his hand. While his mask could have easily done the same things, he liked how the tac-pad could play games. He clicked on one, titled 'Kill the Nubcake', and started to play. In the game, a mentally challenged maniac got mad for being called Nubcake all the time, and decided to attack the people calling him Nubcake. JL looked at his design. So familiar, black, with red and orange stuff sticking out of him.Weird.Soon, JL arrived at the location. He looked around, and realized just how genius the Freelancer program really was.A launch facility hidden in the valley of 2 of the largest mountains, partially underground. It would probably be undetectable by normal detector or whatever it was that the IUPD used for this.JL flew down to the entrance, and entered. Inside was amazing. It was just a small room, but it had a window showing a massive hall filled with supremely cool looking aircrafts. Judging from the looks of it, they could go into space, and were definitely heavily armed. Bob and Trent were waiting for him.Bob: Ah! JL! Welcome to the Freelancer Program Launch Facility!Trent: Where you will learn how to cheat the nature of space!Bob: It's not cheating. How many times do I have to tell you that?Trent: No need to tell me. You're preaching to the converted.Bob: Shut up. Anyways, Follow us, JL!JL followed them. They seemed to always get into a argument about how doing something meant cheating on something. As he walked, he overheard some of the staff."Have you heard? That MT guy, he was spotted by the IUPD on Earth!""Dude, the mastermind criminal 4-Mask is on earth!""Hey, rumor is, there's this Toa team of powerful Toa fighting evil around the Universe. And their main base of operations is Earth!"Soon, Bob and Trent stopped walking. They were in the room with the aircraft's. JL looked at them.Bob: JL, marvel... at the beauty... of the -Trent: Just tell him.Bob: Delta Sabre, from the Sabre series. It is the latest one, and also the best.Trent: Of course! Great weapon systems, High speeds, easy to control, and of course, it's energy source.Bob: Yeah. Apparently, they found this brown liquid thing and some dude in the facility messed with it along with the standard fusion core. Boom! Nearly unlimited power. The dude who created it went insane though. Said something about the 'stone of destiny will help let the one know. The one will join them. 'Trent: Mentally messed up.Bob: He also had the CDDDD.Trent: Really? He had the Chronic Dolphin Diving Death Disorder?JL:.... Uhm... You guys are straying off topic.Bob: Oh. Yeah. Well the Sabre run's on a core which will basically recharge itself whenever it is being rested.Trent: Therefore, infinite power!JL:... yeah... and the features?Bob: The weapons. They are near infinite, once again powered by your elemental power. However, this time it amplifies and shapes it. You have either bolts of energy or missiles of energy.JL: Why can't I just hold that as a weapon? Wouldn't it be awesome if I could just use it to toast nubs?Bob:While carrying so much weight?He pointed at the ship.JL:... Oh.Trent: Yeah. It is so easy to control too!JL: How?Trent:Oh.... just like this.Trent brings out a black controller which looks suspiciously like a Xbox 360 Controller.Bob: Don't worry, you'll learn soon.JL:... Yeah... How?10 minutes later....JL: Aww yeah.A screen in front of him flashes.Bob: See? Easy learning.Trent: He cheated. He got to timeout to get a cup of lemonade.Bob: It's just a simulation. Plus, he got the best score in the entire group! That should be worth celebrating.Trent: Still, he cheated. He got a refreshment halfway in, while the others didn't.Bob: They did not ask to get a drink, did they?Trent: Still.Bob: Your argument is invalid.Trent: No you.Bob: Yes me.JL: Yeah.... so do I get a prize or anything?Bob:... You get your own Sabre.Trent: Yep.JL:..... Nice.Bob: Just remember, hit this button if you are traveling, and this button when engaging in combat, to toggle the 2 modes. Combat mode lets to move at a high speed with great movement while Traveling mode is just for moving around. At supreme speed. So fast you'll break the speed of sound.Trent: Until you realize that there are no particles in space, and therefore there is no sound.Bob: Yeah.JL: Nice.As JL walked to the exit, ready for his Steak dinner, he wondered what his Sabre would be able to do. Little did he know, in a few years it would save his life and bring him a meeting with the stuff of legends, the one known as MT.Dear Director, this young Toa has a pretty rare element. The power of the storm. Mists, rain, thunder, lightning, wind, all at his power. If he wanted to, he could summon thunderstorms, tornado's, typhoons, tsunamis. This DOES contribute to his power, right?Chapter 4: Mission 1, don't screw up. Mission 2, don't screw up mission 1.4 years after the start of training, here he was on his first mission. JL focused.In 4 years he had turned from a Rookie to one of the top Freelancers around. And now, he was needed on this mission.*FLASHBACK*Trent: Hey, JL. The Director want's to see you.Bob: Yeah. Apparently, its your first mission.10 minutes later, The Director's room...The Director: So. Your first mission. Briefing. Now.JL:... Uhhhh.... ok....The Director: Here. Read it. (Pushes holographic notebook to JL)JL: Let's see....Dear Director, a group of rebels working for the forces of bad guys have acquired a data chip stolen from a IUPD base. It contains information on, but not limited to, your Freelancer Program, other projects which is a joint venture with the IUPD Secret Service, and of course, last but not least, our Friends on earth. They have not cracked the data yet, but we fear that information in the wrong hands can, and quite possibly will, lead to the destruction of a lot of things that ... we should not talk about. We require you to send in your best team to stealthily enter their base, and steal the data chip back. We shall have agents in the IUPD Secret Service keep contact with your agency and the field agents, to oversee the mission.JL: Huh. (Looks up) Do I get a prize for completing this?The Director: You should be glad you have been chosen for this mission.JL: It looks like you have no choice to choose me. I'm just too awesome.The Director: You're just too cocky.JL: Come again? I'm cocky? Nah, I just know how awesome you are, and how highly you think of me.The Director: Shut up.*FLASHBACK ENDS*The plan was this. He was to get there first, and settle in a mist. As it settles, the other agents would swoop in and take out the guards on one side of the Rebel base, while he entered from the other side. They already knew the entire base, and they would rendezvous at the data chip. They take it, they leave. And that was that.Even then, JL couldn't help but get nervous. It was easy. Use his mask, sneak in. Use his element, help others sneak in. JL looked around him. He was inside a Sabre, travel mode, and next to his Sabre was 3 other ones. Each of them contained a Freelancer. He looked on his map. He was nearing the base, which was just a hollowed out asteroid in space. It was close to the planet known as Earth. He wondered what was happening down there. Little did he know, in a few years time he would be down there, fighting alongside the IUPD's 'Friends'.He, once again, thought of the other Freelancers. On the same mission was Hexus, a Toa of fire, Kiza, Toa of plasma, and Primax, Toa of sound. He was the Toa of Storm. He was friends with some of the other Freelancers, but was otherwise considered a lone wolf. Soon, each and every one of them slowed down, and switched their Sabre's modes to 'Combat'. JL activated his mask power, and he, along with his Sabre, turned invisible. Good thing he was in space, the ice cold would be able to help mask his already low-heating Sabre. He flew over to the asteroid, and landed on a landing pad, while the other Freelancers stayed outside of detection range..He continued using his mask powers to keep the Sabre invisible, while he went inside.JL wondered what would have happened if the asteroid didn't have artificial gravity and weather systems. If it didn't, he wondered how on earth the guards would have reacted if a mist suddenly appeared. As if on cue, that exactly happened.'Alrighty, guys. You can get in now.' JL said on a call to the other Freelancers.He then activated his mask power even more, and stretched it to turn the other Sabre's invisible too.5 minutes later, the first few guards disappeared on JL's HUD long range radar system. It was time. He set off on his own way, and first arrived at a tall ledge, which would in turn lead to a place where he could assist, then meet up with the other Freelancers. He took out his sword, and flipped it around, holding it claws up. He activated the grappling hook, something newly installed, and the claws flew up, latching onto the edge of the ledge. He then held on to the sword hilt, which was now attached to the wire thing. JL climbed fast but silently, deadly and efficient. He jumped up to the top, to meet a squadron of guards.JL smiled.JL: Hey! Whatsup!The guards looked around, on the alert.JL: Time to suckit!WHAM!A gush of strong wind slammed into the guards, and JL rushed forwards, punching each of them in the face. Each of them fainted. He walked over to the last guard, who was squirming around, afraid. He looked at him in the eye, pushed him on the floor, and *FAAAAAART* the guard fainted.JL stood up, and stuffed all the bodies into some random lockers he had found. At least they would hold until the mission had ended. He continued towards the rendezvous point, his weapon at the read.Dear Chairman, yes, while his elemental power itself is powerful, how well can he harness it? What of his other skill? He can't rely only on his elemental power, can he.Chapter 5: Stupidity at it's finest..or is it skill?JL sprinted, until he Reached a corner. He turned on his mask power, and soon he couldn't see himself, He quietly looked over, and saw 2 guards in front of a door. According to his scans, along with his other data, the door would lead him to another set of bridges, and then into the main building. Inside, he would have to get into a small room, which would then contain the data chip.-----------------------------Guard 1: Hey, I think I saw something over there.Guard 2: Yeah... I think you have brain damage over here. Jason, you always see things. Last time you said you saw something on thermals after messing with it. You SHOT a person holding 2 cups of hot coffee!Jason: Yeah, well at least I'm not like you, Terry, so laid back and stuff................Jason: Terry? You there? (Looks up) Oh... *WHAM*-----------------------------There. JL had taken care of the 2 guards, who were now unconscious and hanging on the ceiling. Or was it the massive toilet dump that was above the ceiling? They were somewhat in-between.JL dropped down, and opened the door. He went through invisible, and after checking his surroundings, continued forwards, now visible. As he was walking, he received a call from the other Freelancer's through his mask.*kzzzzt* 'Hey, Hexus here. We landed. I'm at the north, the other 2 at east and west. We'll meet at the RV. Hexus out.'Okay, JL thought. As he crept along, he took a long look at the Visor in front of him. At the top was a bar stating his armor's damage. It was hard, but not invincible. Better not get hit.Under that on the visor was basically just what was in front of him. If there were enemies, there would be pop-ups, such as a arrow from the right. That would let him know that a 'enemy' was right. Below that, the sensor to the right, and other details for the left. He could open up the VIS from there, and it also shows armor integrity, along with what parts of it is damaged, which would flash red.JL opened up the VIS, and a transparent screen allowed him to see where he was going too. Whatever his mind wanted, the VIS had up and running. JL opened up a 3D map of the entire base, and looked at the map. He spun the map so it showed the location of him,represented by a arrow tag, along with a small sequence of letters and/or numbers. The other Freelancers had that on the map too. He closed the VIS. They were nearing the target, which was inside a building with 2 floors. This particular data chip was in the second floor, inside a decoding thingy-majigy.-----------------------------A guard walked on a bridge, and continued walking to a door. In his hands were 2 coffee cups. He hoped to have a drink, keep him warm in this, weird, cold mist. However, as he neared the door, fate decided that no, he would not be drinking coffee.*Plop* A brown sludge fell from the ceiling into the coffee.Guard: Holy *$%#, there's *$%# in my coffee!He looked up, and saw 2 legs, scrambling around... inside the dripping brown sludge.Guard: *Faints*-----------------------------JL continued forward, and reached another set of doors. This time, there wasn't anyone guarding it. He activated his invisibility, and opened the door. He crept inside, and took a look.A large courtyard with a building in the center, guards patrolling. JL sprinted to the building, careful to not make any sound. Already, the other Freelancer's tags had shown up without use of his VIS. They were getting close.JL sprinted forwards, and did a barrel roll to get inside the building just before he was shut out and had to wait for other guards to get in the south entrance, and also to avoid a massive incoming fat guard, who managed to trip right onto the spot JL was before.JL was in.Well, that DOES depend on you now. You are the director of this program, are you not? You are going to train him into the warrior he must be. That is your job. In fact, it is what you wanted to do. I will leave everything to you now, and I wish you the best of luck, dear director.Chapter 6: Security Breach!JL continued forward, crouching, as he readied his weapons, considering which to use. In a cramped space like this, avoiding detection, his sword won't work. His gun? If it misses, someone might see the bullets, fast as it is. But what if....JL focused, and the air in his hand changed. It turned whitish grey, and kind of like a solid, but always flowing, like a storm. Blue streaks of electricity crackled in the knife in JL's hand.Suddenly, a guard walked in front of him. JL's arm spun, bringing the knife up and into his neck.A kill.*FLASHBACK*The Director: And here it is. You have passed all your training, and you are also one of our top agents. Here. Your allowance... to kill.JL: Kay. So what, as long as I have this, the IUPD won't arrest me even if I killed a guy?The Director: Technically, that depends on who you kill.JL: So If I killed a really important guy, they would arrest me?The Director: They would try to arrest you, yes. But the guys sent to arrest you wouldn't be able to.JL: Sweet.The Director: You would instead be branded a outcast, wanted, and either a bounty hunter would be called in to hunt you down, and, trust me, the one we call? He is quite strong.JL: Oh. What if I defeat him, or if they send another person?The Director: They come to me and ask to send a Freelancer. If it were you, I would send a entire team of Freelancers.JL:.... Darn.*FLASHBACK ENDS*JL continued forwards, and reached some stairs. His teammates tags had already popped up on his visor, and they also showed up on his motion tracker. One of them were above him. The others were still on the lower floor, walking over to their side's set of stairs.JL headed up the stairs in front of him, careful not to be seen. He checked his motion tracker. Too many red dots. He had to hide, or use something else. He activated his mask power, and soon he was also invisible. He walked up the stairs, and continued to a room that the data chip was located in. He looked forward. Hexus was their, waiting for him. JL had no doubt that he had also used his mask power, changing gravity so he could crawl on the ceiling. And, luckily, the ceiling was just about the same color as his armor.JL walked over, and de-activated his mask power after reaching a good spot.JL: Status?Hexus: We're both up. Kiza's currently... (Checks VISR) at the stairs, and Primax is still downstairs.JL: Alright. I'll head inside, scout the area, you know.Hexus: Don't do anything rough.JL: Alright. (Heads into room).........*BOOM BOOM WHAM BOOM BLAM*JL: (Comes out) Alright. Im done scouting.Hexus: What? WHAT? That was just a few seconds!JL: Oh, they all died. Nothing to scout.Hexus: You killed them?JL: Technically, they killed themselves, since if they hadn't put this creepy security camera which stared at the door, I wouldn't have freaked out and blasted everyone with lightning, wind and water.Hexus: So you got caught on the camera?JL: I was invisible. I also destroyed the camera so people wouldn't be suspicious when a tornado and lightning struck those people.Hexus: Im pretty sure they would be suspicious.JL: Just to be safe. Oh, look.Kiza and Primax enter.JL: Sup guys. Right in here. (Enters room)The others join him.JL: Ok... here. (walks to a data terminal thingy majigy) The data chip. Im gonna pull it.Kiza: Wait! Lemme check the place, see if it would trigger alarms.------------------------Guard: (Wakes up) ... Huh?Jason: Hey. You awake, buddy?Guard: Yeah... I saw someone... in ... poop just now.... (Notices Jason's clothes).. Wow! Hey stay away from me! You smell gross!Jason: Yep. I hate intruders.Guard: Intruders are evil. Good that we never have them...Guard: Wait... Ring the alarm!------------------------Kiza: Alright. No alarms will turn on when you pull it out. You are free to take it.JL: K. (pulls out chip)Red lights flash, and on the speakers, an annoying person with a pre-recorded voice says 'Alarm! Security Breach!' and then continues repeating.JL: Kiza! Look what you did!Kiza:.... (dumbfounded)Chapter 8: No longer sneaky, 100% unleashed!Hexus: KIZA!JL: KIZA!Primax: KIZA!Kiza: KIZA! Wait, thats me.JL: You said there wasn't any alarm, you butthurt little Toa!Kiza: There IS no alarm! I double checked!Hexus: Did you triple check?Kiza: Yes!Primax: Overcheck?Kiza: Yes!JL: Checktacular?Kiza: YES!Hexus: Checktrocity?Kiza: YEAH!Primax: Checkmanjaro?Kiza: YEASSSSSS!!!!!JL: Checktastrophe?Kiza: YES! IM SERIOUS!Hexus: Checkpocalypse?Kiza: ....STOP ASKING! YES!Primax: Checkionaire?Kiza:.... Okay, I just realized you were quoting Halo medals.JL: cool dude. Lets go.Hexus: Each to our own Sabre's. I'll keep the data chip.JL: OK. (Hands Hexus data chip)Primax: Enemy contact, stairs!Each of them fired their own ranged weapons, JL shooting bursts of ministorms at massive velocity, Hexus shooting fireballs, Primax shooting sound, using vibrations to deal damage, and Kiza firing a stream of plasma. Soon, the enemies in the entire building were wiped out before the actual fun started.Hexus: Alright. Split up, back to our Sabre's. On my mark.They headed downstairs, and each of them headed towards 1 of the doors. It was going to be obvious there would be guards stopping them. Not that it mattered to JL. His weapons were holstered, but his hands were shimmering, with electric bolts and a small cloudy mist surrounding them. His wings were in position for a high-speed forward burst. He stood at the southern door, waiting. On his motion tracker, he could see enemy dots just outside of the building.He flashed green, ready. 3 green lights winked on his Visor. They were ready.Hexus: 3..2..1..Mark.JL jumped forward, and the automatic doors opened. His wings activated, and he flew forward, while unleashing lightning and wind from his hands. The first wave of enemies fell immediately, and JL continued forwards. He blasted the area with a tornado, and then flew over the next door. A group of enemies were there.JL: Seeya suckers!Each of them fell under a massive strong wind pushing down on them. JL landed, and sprinted on the bridge, going back the way he originally came. As he reached his vehicle, though, he knew there was gonna be 1 big fight. A massive group of enemies were aimed at him. The leader, it seemed, spoke through a speaker.Leader guy: Attention ***hole! Stand down! You cannot defeat us! Give us the data chip back!JL: 1. I don't have the chip. 2. Who said I couldn't defeat you? Don't underestimate me man.Leader guy: Maybe if you had a tornado at your disposal, yes. But you don't, do you? And we have a bunch of Toa aimed straight at you. We can't be sure if you don't have our precious data chip, but we can and will disable you.JL: Smart remark, having a tornado at my disposal. My response? I don't have a tornado. I have a tornado with lighting. Mofo.As JL said the words, a tornado suddenly grew, out of thin air (obviously), totally decimating the left of the enemies. The right of the enemies were taken down by thunderbolts striking the place. The middle group started firing, but JL evaded all of their sloppy shots, and kicked the air. A massive blast of wind pushed them all off the cliff, into the depths of space. JL hopped into his sabre, and winked lights to his teammates of his escape. 1 by 1, the others winked back.Hexus went on his onboard IM system and sent a message back to base.Hexus: Package is secured. We're heading back.JL: Heads up! Enemy fighters incoming.Primax: Looks like some of them survived.JL looked at his radar as he readied his Sabre's weapon system. Amplifying his elemental power so that in space it wouldn't strain him. Genius, like all of the other gadgets his Sabre had. Like its ability to autopilot from any position to JL from just a signal sent from his armor, or its real epic gaming console which he had added himself. He activated the after burners, and he burst forward with the speed boost. He looked on the Rear camera. 6 fighters chasing 4 Sabres. Not a fair fight. The Sabre's would dominate them.JL turned his Sabre around, as a reticule popped up in his visor and data showed up on a small window in the cockpit of the Sabre which JL had already deemed 'useless'. He changed his weapons to 'Missile' and kept the reticule on 1 of the fighters speeding towards him. The other Sabre's also turned around to fight. A diamond shaped 'thingy' appeared on the location of the enemy fighter in his Visor. Sync with the Sabre and his armor was awesome, JL thought. He fired a volley of elemental missiles, which streaked through space, following the fighter. BOOM! The fighter was taken out in a storm - in space.JL: Test flights pay off, but first time in combat, lets see what you can do.Chapter 9: A new threat....?Already, JL could feel himself straining. Creating elemental particles in a no-particle space was hard. He fired off another volley of ministorms, and each of them chased the fighters. The remaining 5 fighters had split up, doing aerial tricks to try and knockoff the missile locks and evade the ones already coming.This isn't working, JL thought. He switched his weapon mode, and this time instead of firing elemental missiles, it fired small elemental 'bullets' streaking through space. This time, they couldn't evade all the rockets. He aimed at one, and fired off a small burst. One of them lost a wing and continued floating off in space. He fired at the other ones, and soon each of them was decimated by a storm, a fireball, a massive particle vibration, and a plasma bolt.JL: Okay, so I guess we're heading back.Hexus: Yeah. Package is secured, and no one's stopping us. Better head back to Kylteon before anything bad happens.Primax: Alright.-----------------------The Director: So, you're back. Report, please.Hexus: Our mission to retrieve the IUPD's Secret Service's data chip was successful.The Director: How did it go?Hexus: JL created a mist so no one would be alerted of our landing. Each of us managed to get to the main building without alerting anyone. We managed to take the chip, but a alarm was raised.The Director: Shouldn't Kiza have done something?Hexus: He did. He says that there was no security system that would activate when we pulled the chip. Apparently, he was wrong. We managed to fight our way out with the data chip, and managed to get back to our Sabre's. We were followed by 6 fighters, which we easily destroyed. We then headed back.The Director: Alright. You're free to do whatever. I just might have a mission for some Freelancers soon. Also, we might have some new recruits soon.Hexus: New recruits?The Director: Yes.-----------------------Later that day.....The Director's room.Beep Beep!The Director: Oh? (Clicks a button)The Chairman: Its me.The Director: Hello, Chairman. What is it?The Chairman: We have a ... problem.The Director:..... I'm listening.The Chairman: Remember the 5 'rogue' Freelancers?The Director: Yes. What about them?The Chairman: And the ... strange substance we are researching about?The Director:.... Yes.The Chairman: We've learned that the substance can boost the powers of any person by quite a lot. It can also act as a element of it's own. However, infusing it with you risk you being controlled by the substance... which in turn is controlled by a entity.The Director: And what does this have to do with the rogues?The Chairman: .... They've became slaves of the substance, of the entity. And their heading to Kylteon.The Director:....... I see.-----------------------JL: 32....33....34.....35.....Kiza: This just might be a new record!JL: 37... 38... 39.... 40!!!! NEW RECORD!!!!! That was amazing! So powerful!Primax: So flexible... so strong..Kiza: Stong enough to hold in...Artex: 40 GRAPES!!!!! AWW YEAH!!!!(New Character: Artex, Toa of Ice)JL: Dude! Nice job! You broke the record!Artex: Yeah! Thanks. And-JL:.....Kiza:.....Primax:....JL: Oh noez!Kathley: No noez. Shut up. You guys are annoying me.(New Character: Kathley, Toa of Thunder)JL: Just because you're female, doesn't mean we have to obey you.Kathley: Oh really..... *Slap*JL: Hey! Watch what you're doing, Ka-Kathley: *Slap*Primax: *Sigh* Remind him to never get on her bad side again.*Slap Slap Slap* Chapter 10: Xenon FreelancersHigh level alarms stopped the pain JL was enduring.From a female, no less.Sometimes, the male Freelancers wanted to know why they were there when all the girls could beat them up this easily.JL: So, somethings bad happening?Primax: Real bad. We haven't had this alarm since.... that incidence.JL: What incidence?Just then, the speakers cut him off."Freelancers: JL, Primax, Artex, Kiza, Hexus, Kathley, please report to the Director. All other Freelancers, head towards the briefing room. Please take your gear with you, and be prepared for a attack. Thank you, come again."Kathley: Prepared, Huh? I guess Im ready.JL: Im not! You slapped me for 10 minutes without letting me fight back!Kathley: I managed to defeat you. The enemies we face are far more powerful than me. 5 of them.JL: You know of them?Primax: Yes. We do. It happened just a few weeks before you came here. Its why you're here. Well, partly. You were found unconscious just outside the facility, and after The Director got info on you, he recruited you. But the other reason you joined was because you had to replace these 5. They were the top 5 in the entire program at the time.Kiza: An incident made them quit, wen't rogue. They knew that even though they were the best, the other Freelancers, with their numbers, could defeat them. They escaped, but now their back.JL: What incident? And won't they still be defeated? I mean...Kathley: We don't know. We're just hoping The Director will tell us.-------------------------------------The Director: You're here. All 6 of you.Kathley: Yes. The 5 are back, aren't they? Its the same alarm.The Director: Yes. They are back. And this time, it seems that they are far more powerful.JL: .....The Director: JL, you don't know any of this, do you.JL: Nope. It would be nice of you to explain everything. Also, steak dinner?The Director: Depends on your actions today. And yes, you should know about the 5. They were brothers, and came from the same planet. They were the top 5 Freelancers. They conducted the most secret and risky missions. The only time they let their identities slip was when a drunk human met them talking about "Freelancer stuff". The human then created a web series similar based around Freelancers. But enough about that. Their turning point.....*FLASHBACK*3 Years ago....The Director: No. You can't destroy them. We know they destroyed your home planet, your family, but you can't just head towards their home and destroy them! You would die, and so would they! And then we would have to face THEIR Revenge.Sena: The Terna deserve to die. They massacred us, and they need to have the same thing done to them!(New Characters: Sena, Shade, Darkside, Sager and Xenox.)Shade: And whoever controlled them must die too.Darkside: We need to go. We don't care if we die or not, we just need revenge.Sager: All we need is a chance.The Director: No. They were controlled by a substance. If you can defeat the substance, everything will be find.Xenox:.... No. It won't be.Sager: Yeah!Xenox: Our planet was destroyed. We couldn't do anything. And we wan't revenge.The Director: No. I can't let you do this. You WILL die, and you will have accomplished nothing.Xenox: Well, then, I guess they aren't truly the ones to blame for everything. You are.*FLASHBACK ENDS*The Director: They blamed me for not letting them decimate the Terna. Sure, the Terna were bad, but they were controlled. They blamed me for all the pain they suffered. And they escaped. They unknowingly well into the clutches of this substance, known as Xenon. Each of the were given a chance at revenge, agains't me, in return for being this entities minion. They accepted. Now, all they want is the destruction of Kylteon, and then the IUPD. And this time, they have the power. We need to repel them no matter what, and then continue to repel them.JL: I can do it.The Director: How?JL: I know I can. I've done it before. The substance. I don't know how, I don't know when, but I repelled it once. I repelled it more than once. I fought their minions. I had to protect something. I don't know what, but I had to. All I know is that I've done it. It's like deja vu. A memory. But that's all I know.... nothing else.------------------------------------------You will find him there... that is the one thing I ask of you. To find him, and defeat him. And the secret dies with him.Xenox: What secret. What kind of secret.You must not know. Now go, exact your revenge, and show me what he can do.Xenox: ............. Its time.------------------------------------------Chapter 11: LegacyJL moved forwards, and jumped. The cliff was low, and he could easily reach the ground below. He rolled, and sprinted. He looked at his visor. 1 of the Freelancers were fighting behind him, back on the cliff. Far in front of him, one of the Rogue Freelancers where there, running away.JL jumped, and took flight. He looked forwards, and while he chased, he recalled the events that had lead to this point.__________________________________________________---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------It had been 2 hours since they had first encountered the 5. Each of the Freelancers had worked as one, effectively defeating them... just barely. They had managed to run away, and JL knew that their tactics now were to take them out 1 by 1.JL: Here. The 5 of them are situated on this cliff. They have a temporary camp, and we have to catch them off guard.Primax: If they see us coming and have the preparations, they can easily run away. If they DID prepare with Freelancer Tactics, they will disappear. No finding them.Hexus: Fortunately for us, We're Freelancers too.JL: Unfortunately for us, they are at least twice as powerful. We're going to have to search for a Weakness. Alright. Hit them hard, fast, and surprising. How do we get up without being spotted?Hexus: .... A Diversion.JL: Who?10 Minutes later......JL: (Facepalm)Hexus: JUST FLY OVER TO THE CLIFF AND SEND BARRAGES OF RAIN, LIGHTNING AND WIND! ALSO, TRY TO GET A TSUNAMI!JL: I KNOW! JUST GET TO THE HILLSIDE! BUT THERES NO SEA HERE! GO! AND ###### YOU FOR MAKING ME THE DECOY!Primax: OK!!!!!!2 minutes later, and he was floating around the top of their cliff. Meanwhile, his team members continued around the hill, stealthily.JL: Hey! Get out of their, you lazy punks, and face me!Xenox: .... You. He told me to kill you. User of the storm.JL: You. Your name sounds funny.Xenox: You dare insult my name? Destiny gave it to me!JL: Yeah, well, no wonder everyones life is a joke.Xenox: Shut up!Xenox launches a barrage of xenon at JL, who barely evades it. In return, a gust of wind blasts back at Xenox, who barely stands his ground. The other 4 come out, intent on watching. On his HUD, JL spotted several of his teammates slowly walking up the hill, trying not to be heard or saw.Shade: All 5 of us will take you down easily! After all, its just one of you-Xenox: No! He will be defeated by me... ONLY!Shade: What did he do now....JL: I said his name sounded stupid...Shade: You know, I think our mother had autism or something, nameing us these weird doomsday names.JL: Don't you mean.... emo?Xenox: Alright. You're going down, mate!JL: Come at me!Xenox fires another volley of Xenon, and this time, JL floats downwards, making them all miss.JL: You know, going down actually makes my chances of winning much better. I mean, if I go down and you lose power, while I haven't really done anything except use my armor and keep air pressure stable under my feet, well, quoting you, "You're going down!"Xenox: Thats it. You're dead. Come down, and let us face off on the floor.JL: Why should I do that? I mean, come on! I can just hurl lightning and all of you can just die! Xenon is conductive, right?Xenox: Well, I guess you CAN stay up there.... if you want to continue being an arrogant fool, not knowing anything except what the IUPD told you, not knowing of what happened before you became such a warrior, not knowing who you were.JL:..........Xenox: After all, I know what happened. You lost all memory when you were recruited by the IUPD. I know what happened.JL: Tell me, and I'll come down.Xenox: What can make me think you will?Thunder rumbles.Xenox: Boasting, eh? Very well. Your history, presented to me by the bane of the universe, champion of Xenon, by the Dark Lord himself. And now, lets see you as we talk about you... to you! (Evil Grin)=========Xenox: You had the talent to be very powerful. That was why you were chosen. To be keybearer.JL: Beehairer? Just to let you know, I will never choose to cut a bee's hair. Even if I was bribed.Xenox: No, you cool dude! Keybearer!JL: I bear no keys. I lose them too well.Xenox: *Sigh* Look. You were chosen to hold a secret, and the power which opens it back up. However, there are some things which don't like that thing being opened. And, well, we decided to attack you.JL: Did I beat you really badly?Xenox: No. We beat you really badly.JL: Liar. Liar. Pants on fire.A thunderbolt slashed through the air, striking the tree Xenox was standing next to. The tree falls, and the newly created bonfire touches Xenox's groin.Xenox: ....... Dude. That's just wrong.JL: Shouldn't it hurt?Xenox: Your stupidity made me lose brain cells. I don't think I can feel pain.JL: ....... That. Was the worst comeback. Ever.Xenon covers up the Fire, and soon, The only thing left was the Gas. Xenox twirled around with it, until a gust of wind scattered it.JL: Talk.Xenox: Interested, mm? Anyways, you were given this power, hidden inside of you, and you were told to fight with your life to defend it. Obviously, the previous Keybearer thought you had enough time to get better with your powers. But nope. The forces of Xenon found you anyways. You fought with your life, knowing the cost, and you managed to defeat all the cannon fodder little Terna..... but then, you fainted from exhaustion. And before our reinforcements could reach you, the IUPD friends decided that your uncontrollable power of the storm....... must be controlled.JL: Uncontrollable? Not likely. I can use it just fine. The sea can do my bidding. The rain can form water too. Lightning can help me fight. So will the air. You could say, I am a 3 in 1. 3 powers confined as 1 element, to be controlled in unison.Xenox: But what happens when you let it rage? When you unleash so much power on it, on a storm, you can destroy a planet. Your element can be self sustaining as long as you make it strong enough. It can die out over time...... but if you just continue, you can change a metropolis planet into a place of rubble, a tourist site.JL: And so? This has to do with Xenon, my history, what?JL couldn't believe it. He had originally come here hoping to let the other Freelancers surround their enemies. And yet, he was hooked on this story. He was actually sending his teammates a message right now - "Don't attack yet."He was disobeying everything he should be doing. And yet, his teammates understood. He was lucky to have them as friends. He didn't want to lose them.Xenox: You were taken in, trained to be a warrior. And I must admit, you are strong. But Xenon is stronger than anything, and everything. You will fall, your secret will die with you, and no one will be left to stop The Dark Lord from his rampage.JL: No. If I fall, others can fight too. And there are things that can defeat your "undefeatable" substance.Xenox: Determination? Hope? Insanity? Stupidity? Cleverness? Trust me, people have tried, and they have failed. Even if they succeeded, The Dark Lord can rule. Even in Death, he can be brought back.JL: Oh yeah? How?Xenox: Oh, you don't want to know.JL: I've heard enough. You say I have a power - a key which can end all this.Xenox: Yes.---Shade: (Behind Xenox's back, whispering to his brothers) I think Xenox is insane. He actually talked to that big fat blob about this guy and his history?? Haha.Darkside: Well, I guess it couldn't hurt telling people of their origins. I would want to know.Sager: Let me guess. You want to slap our parents for naming you like an cool dude.Darkside: Yes.Sena: Wow. Darkside, we have a massive lifestory confrontation between two amazingly powered warriors, talking about their legacy, tension growing...... and you're talking about your m

Edited by Jl1223 X

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Trolololololllolllllololololololololololol-Note: I will be editing all old chapters into the previous, old chapter post because of laziness. New chapters continue here, until end of series.Chapter 12JL sprinted, trying to find a good location. He needed a place where he would have the upper hand against Xenox, or he would pretty much fail miserably. As JL sprinted, his HUD showed the words "Chubby Village to the North."What was that? JL thought. That was like Deja Vu. And.... there! A small hill. JL jumped and flew for it. Behind him, Xenox fired off a stream of Xenon, trying to grab for JL. It managed to grab his legs, and JL flipped. JL fired off a lightning bolt, smashing the dirt next to Xenox. Too bad, JL thought. He would have to use his full power.As a storm started to form, Xenox smiled. Xenox: So.... Are you going to fight me? Well..... Come at me, bro!JL: I ain't your bro, and there's no need to come to you!A tornado smashed into Xenox, but seconds before it hit Xenox, his armor reacted, and massive pressure was applied to each and every part of his body. Weird.What was weirder was when the Tornado dissipated immediately. Was his power failing? JL turned, and ran, the armor releasing its pressure. The wings on his back reacted, and leaping into the air, he flew. Xenox simply sprinted over, 90% Xenon energies on the rise. That was new. JL spun 180 degrees, his wings aimed at the same direction all the while, and he blasted a lightning blast at Xenox.Direct miss.Frustrated, JL continued forwards. Checking his HUD, he managed to find Chubby Village - around a KM north - 1 minute flight. But something else nagged him - the lake, the bridge leading to the center of the lake, which was in turn in the direct center of where the village was located.... it all seemed so familiar, yet so far. As his mind read everything he saw, a slight click went into place.A disappearing house.JL didn't know anything else except for the fact that if Xenox and him were to fight there, he would have a slight advantage. However, Xenox was catching up. Nope, he wasn't. He was on top of JL now. Xenox brought his fists down, and hammered JL in the face. JL smashed into the ground, and hit up a bunch of dust. Activating his mask, he bent light to make himself invisible - with the sand, he was a mirage. Standing up, he blasted out of the miniature sandstorm, and once again flew past Xenox, who followed him. 20 seconds until he reached the village, and now he knew the entire looks. But how? It was located beside a cliffside, and was rural compared to the city-like feel of the other parts of the planet. However, it was mystic, full of the aura of legends and secrets.... which should never have been shown to anyone else.JL rocketed down, past the cliffside, and twisted left and right on instinct, passing through huts and buildings, cutting through alleyways and streets. Xenox, behind him, was smashing into things, getting lost in the village, and getting filled with rage. Annoyed, he leapt upwards onto the roofs, to attack JL, who simply flew right past him again. Xenox turned and grabbed hold of JL's foot, and JL immediately used this to his advantage, slamming Xenox's body into the ground and into the walls, forcing conveniently placed poles to smack his groin - hard.His HUD popped up, with messages from the other Freelancers asking for help. Was he the only one who didn't feel like dying? Kicking Xenox off, he flew towards the small lake in the middle of Chubby Village, and just then, like a mirage, a house appeared, its door open. Trusting himself, JL tunneled through the door, slamming it shut. The house disappeared, and Xenox dove into the lake, creating a massive splash with a :o look on his face.===JL walked past the massive boxes and labels, curious. Each of the boxes had a label, and these labels made no sense whatsoever. That might have corresponded to what was inside of them - things which made no sense whatsoever. Still, JL walked up a flight of stairs, satisfied that he wouldn't be facing Xenox any time soon. In fact, it seemed like connection to the outside world had faded - all the mechanical functions in his armor were screaming 'No Signal!' at him. It was similar to that time when his Tac-Pad had started to run out of battery, and soon ran out because every 5 minutes it was sending a message saying: NO BATTERY!As he turned into a room, he was smacked in the face by a wooden staff. Flipping backwards, he instinctively held his sword up, but as the attacked turned out of the room, JL realized who this was.JL:.... Turaga?Turaga: Yes. Long time no see, JL. How've you been these last 3 years? Doing missions? I've been stalking you, you know.JL: Well.... 1 mission, and a lot of training.Turaga: The training must have been good for you. But the missions... again, being used.JL: What?Turaga: We shall see. I, Turaga Chubcacke, gave you the Key. Although I suppose you don't remember anything. It was wiped when I turned into a turaga - When you did you first act of destroying Xenon - as Keybeared.It all came back to JL - the promise, the knowledge he had gained, the Center, his choice, without knowing anything about why, and him fighting against a massive beast who had called himself "Nightmare"JL: Wait.... Before they attacked us... I asked you a question. Why? Why did they give us the key?Turaga Chubcacke: As I said before, the Center aims for the perfect universe - They believe that Xenon could be used to gain ultimate peace - Or, in our eyes, their total domination.JL: I know, I know - they tried to fight Xenon by using Nicro Xenon, but their new experiment failed and all their kings died.Turaga Chubcacke:... That is where you are wrong. The final king, The Destruction King, has not been confirmed to be dead. This key - You - will be needed to open up the lock which leads to Nicro-Xenon.JL: Why would I want Nicro Xenon in the world?Turaga Chubcacke: Perhaps you don't. But remember - it contains the firepower which can easily decimate Xenon.JL: It also can't compete for territory like Xenon can. You create a Nicro Xenon bomb and destroy the Xenon in a city - the planets Xenon storage spreads again.Turaga Chubcacke: Perhaps that is so. However, it is Destinies will. And so, You will be Keybearer, and Keybearer will not be locked by the IUPD, even if it is for good will.Later......Chubcacke: Now, it is done.JL: Hey! What the heck! You changed my armor, my weapons..... Dude! I look........ (looks into random mirror somehow where) Awesome! Im a beast!Turaga Chubcacke: Yes, you are.JL: But why?Chubcacke: Your previous armor was limiting you. And your weapons were too inconvenient.JL: What? My weapons, well yeah, but my armor was built for me!Chubcacke: No, it was built for you so that you will always be controlled by the IUPD, so any chance of rebelling with your power will not work. Any time you try to unleash your actual full power, you would have been slightly held back. Storms that could destroy cities would never have been created. Now, though, that limit is gone, but all the good things previously there is still there.JL: And my weapons?Chubcacke: Your sword is made of Celestial Adamant, a very light and strong substance. It is used by the most powerful only, as the Celestial energy can kill the wielder if he is not worthy.JL: Of what?Chubcacke: Of being part of the light, the very strong light. To be a defender.JL: Ok.... so a sword made of one of the strongest substances imbued with Celestial power for me to use to channel my element. And my gun? My long ranged weapon?Chubcacke: Retains its same usage. Except it looks cooler.JL:...... you changed my gun so I looked cooler.Chubcacke: Have you seen ugly heroes? Any?JL:......... I don't think so, never.Chubcacke: Exactly.JL: Okay. 1 more thing - (proud, evil grin on his face) am I the only one with this Celestial Adamant sword?Chubcacke: I don't know. There are a lot of other great swords, imbued with energy, like yours. The user might not know, however.JL: Name them? I wanna know if I hear of these swords.Chubcacke: I think.... Legends swords are legendary. I do not know everything - However, there are some I know of used by legends. Such as Kusanagi, and Seventrike, and -JL: Ok..... at least they are rare.Chubcacke: Anyways.... You'll have to head back.JL: I have to fight him. Its my responsibility now, along with being Keybearer.... whether I like it or not.Grabbing the last vial of Nicro Xenon Chubcacke had access to when he was Toa and Keybearer. He opened to door, and the house reappeared on the lake, Xenox high above. JL stepped out, had a look, and flew back the direction he had came from.

Edited by Jl1223 X

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

• 10 months later...

Hmm. Seems fitting to at least finish this before A3, so......Chapter 13: ReloadedJL flew, his mask's HUD having been updated. It looked cooler, more realistic, like some kind of super-soldier with genetic enhancements with a helmet donned on fighting aliens for the survival of his race. He shook his head. He'd heard of that, somewhere.....His wings extended, 2 wings of 3 of those celestial whatnot metal. JL didn't care about that - It's just lighter, and maybe did some stuff about him as keybearer. He looked 'under' himself, seeing Xenox chasing him while JL flew back towards where his teammates were - Them being highlighted on his HUD.JL drew his sword, and flipping, flew backwards for a second as he sent a lightning bolt towards Xenox; The Toa of Xenon dodged, but JL streaked the electricity backwards, paralyzing Xenox for a second, who tumbled, nearly falling into the ground. JL flew....and abruptly stopped. He held up his sword, and fired a lightning bolt upwards. Xenox flew above, and managed to block the lightning bolt just before it hit him, but in the process fell face first into the ground.Xenox: So, you've finally decided to face me.JL: Actually, I'd rather face the other way. Your face is kind of....ugly. And there's some coffee mustache.Xenox: Ragh!The Toa of Xenon leapt forwards, firing a blast of Xenon towards JL, who countered with electricity. As it came into contact with the Xenon, it turned into a black color.JL: Huh. Weird.Xenox launched forwards, Xenon usage now, once again at 90%. This time, however, JL managed to block or parry most of his strikes, using electricity to slow him down every time their metal clanged. Seeing an opportunity, JL feinted left, spinning and slashing Xenox' thigh. His HUD told him that Xenox's Xenon reading was now at 93% and slowly climbing. Soon, he'd fully lose it. Wasn't he afraid? JL wondered.Their battle continued, JL moving backwards, slowly but surely creeping back to his teammates as he blocked, countered and parried the stronger opponent, at times managing to successfully get in good strikes of his own. The battle went on evenly, until suddenly, Xenox lurched, and JL recoiled in horror of the Toa of Xenon's coffee bean breath.Xenox: Fool of a Toa. You are DEAD! But before that....my master wants you.He punched down, trying to knock JL out. JL rolled left, kicked him, and slashed. Time slowed down as Xenox held out his hands, and blasted JL with twin fountains of Xenon.Immediately, the Toa of Storms lost control over his powers. He felt the wind and rain powers he had shirk down. They remained, but so deep down, he knew he could only use them during a Nova Blast, or a similar attack. The Xenon washed over him, but it's attack was slowed down by what he believed to be the powers of Celestial Adamant.Xenox: So, you have some new powers. From that stupid, teleporting house! But that won't save you! Nothing can save you from Xenon.JL closed his eyes. He knew this was it; Unless, of course.....JL: No. I will live. I'm the keybearer; I am the legacy of the Center's Anti-Xenon.Xenox: So finally, you say your power. But all the more better - You will lead us to the final stash!JL: Nope. I'm not going to do that. I'm going to do....this!He pulled out his vial of Nicro-Xenon, and drank it. Immediately, the smell of Coffee and Sugar breezed through the air, as JL screamed. He unleashed his elemental power, and what would have been blue lightning was intertwined with black - Black lightning. But JL could feel it's power - Infinitely more powerful than normal lightning, probably because it was colored.He also realized that was a bit racist.JL closed his eyes. He felt pain inside his body, and hoped that the Xenon and Nicro-Xenon wouldn't simply kill him. And then, quickly, the pain subsided. He felt the powers of the Celestial adamant stop him from dying - Save him from turning into a science experiment of the Center. But, he also felt weak and tired.One last thing to do, the Toa of Black Lightning thought, The Director and the other Freelancers need to live.The sky rumbled.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

• 3 months later...

A long time ago, when the Dark Lord was just getting started in the business of corrupting areas with Xenon, a small, undisclosed group came together known as the Center. The Center was composed of Turaga who had been around for long enough to study the way societies worked and fell, and realized that Xenon had potential as a piece of society, but if left as it was, would end up corrupting the entire universe and shifting everything to a lack of balance on one side or the other.The Center experimented with Xenon and quickly found a mixture of it and another substance, which they called Nicro-Xenon. Nicro-Xenon was a substance far superior to Xenon in terms of firepower, and was preferable for combat in every way save for influence. Nicro-Xenon didn't have Xenon's ability to mentally enslave users, so Nicro-Xenon couldn't simply be placed on the same planet as Xenon and expected to contest for the planet's population.The Center realized that what they had stumbled upon could still potentially be useful, however, and to that end they created what they believed would be enough to deal with the Dark Lord, which they called "The Three Rulers."Since the Center wanted Xenon to still exist, though not in the levels that the Dark Lord did, they took these Toa that they constructed basically out of Nicro-Xenon and sent them to deal with some of Xenon's most deadly agents, including the Dark Lord itself. The Center figured that with the death of the Dark Lord, they could take over Xenon and begin running it how they wanted to create a universe were some were free and others were enslaved by Xenon. That way, no one would dare to try and start a universe-wide war, simply because Xenon would be there to engulf them when they did.The Three Rulers, which came to be known as "The Three," were incredibly powerful, but the Center had vastly under-estimated the Dark Lord's power.The first ruler, called the Apparition King, was sent to kill Vundas. He encountered Vundas and knocked him unconscious, and believed he had killed the Toa. However, Vundas survived, and managed to track down the Apparition King. Vundas murdered the Apparition King in his sleep.The second ruler, called the Supression King, was sent to find an entrance to the Second Dimension, where the Dark Lord was hiding in. The Supression King was surrounded by two of the Dark Lord's top servants: Ihr and Epak. After killing Epak, the Supression King was defeated by Ihr.The third ruler was sent on a mission to raise an army against the Dark Lord. He was tracked down by Nightmare and confirmed to have entered combat against the multi-armed freak. He was never seen again, and Nightmare wasn't spotted for another three thousand years. This third ruler, called the Destruction King, is the only one that hasn't been confirmed to be dead.

"I know this," The Director said as he read the file. It had been designated secret - and there was, technically, no proof. The IUPD had employed people to dig up the past, and place all the data together. As the current operating leader of the IUPD's Freelancer program, The Director had to learn about this.

What he didn't fully know - and what he knew was hidden from him, was information about the newest recruit - who, if the current live battle feed shows as correct, also the most powerful. Swiveling his chair over, The Director checked the news, frustrated. Once again, a bunch of silly stuff was happening on Earth, and for some reason, the IUPD always liked to head over there and hire bounty hunters.

Turning back, he checked the files he had requested. Everything he knew about - Xenon, it's effects, the rules and regulations for the Freelancer Program's operation (Which The Director obviously just didn't read and instead signed), the technology featured in the Freelancer's armor, all these were things he'd read before (Except for the rules and regulations) and maybe added to (Technically, he did sign the rules and regulation, so that counts.)

But as he scrolled to the bottom, he realized one more file had been placed - and below that, a senders note from the Chairman. Who The Director thought of as one annoying guy. The text, glowing holographic blue on his desk screen, was a short sentence.

Its about time you knew the truth about the Freelancers. Oh, and your new recruit? He's part of it.

Truth? What Truth? The Director thought to himself. Stretching, he hoped this wasn't an april fools joke, and opened the file. And began to read the interesting, most interesting file.

=====

A Detailed Account on The Center's Freelancer Program - By The Chairman

To any who are reading this - If you are actually reading this, and you have rights, you will by know know of the Center - and of the IUPD's Freelancer Initiative Program, our secret operation set to recruit and train Toa to become IUPD Agents across the galaxy operating against evil and Xenon. I am sure you know of their locations, set 12.56 klicks with a bearing of 260 degrees from the nearest town, that...chub thing place whose name always escapes my mind.

What you don't know is that our Freelancer program is the second. Yes, this is correct; Our Freelancer Program was a rip-off from another Freelancer agency program, who did just the exact same thing with the exact same people - A Director oversaw operations of training, hoping to create warriors to fight and defend against evil.

The exact information on this original Freelancer Program is very nil; we do know for a fact that it had 4 Directors operating at one time, and that they reported to The Center. Another exact fact we know is that its operating time was a long, long time before ours, back when The Center were still at power and in combat against Xenon - just like us.

The Difference were the training methods and acceptees. Our program only has Toa or similar beings trained to become Freelancers. The Center's original version featured Matoran wielding plastic spoons, Toa with Dimension-ripping masks, and the most important thing about their training method - they casually created and tossed around Artificial Intelligence, created by analyzing the brains of matoran - apparently ones who were on their bounty hunting list - and with these AI, severely enhanced the reactive and neural capabilities of their...test subjects....and also sometimes granted external powers.

We do know the event that apparently led to the closing of the original Freelancers - A rogue Toa went around taking the A.I for Power. Surprisingly, records show his name to be the exact same as a character in that famous internet webseries I totally did not copy, which also featured Freelancers, and the character was a monstrosity of a Freelancer whose name was 'The Meta'.

I'm sure its just a small, small rip in the space-time continuum, nothing more.

In any case, we did manage to find records of several of the participants - We know one Matoran managed to escape, while another got his memory wiped by his A##h##e friend. Said Matoran turned into a Toa.....And he is the only remaining survivor of the original program we have actually managed to find, apparent by a symbol marked upon his shoulder armor, which was apparently upgraded several times over. The Mark remained. Said Toa is now in our version of the Freelancer Program - his name being JL, who when he joined us was a Toa of Storms.

=====

The Director stopped here. He wasn't shocked by such a revelation, or angry for being kept in the dark. He'd expected the IUPD to hide things ever since the start. By now, he only felt curiosity and amusement. Checking the live feeds, scanner data and the reactions around the area of JL's current combat situation, he smiled.

JL had been a Toa of Storms just moments before. Thanks to that Xenon shot by the Director's old...protegé, apparently the power had mutated into a form of Lightning, which JL had before - the far more aggressive Dark Lightning. Even as he watched the live feed, he could see JL as he hurled off bolts of electrical energy, featuring both the blue-white glow of normal lightning along with a black-white glow of his new, mutation of an element.

Black Lightning used by a Toa with such dark secrets. Ironic. The Director could see that JL had gotten a makeover as well - a different looking sword, much more fitting armor, the same mask but shinier. Even the HUD on the inner visor had been revamped, looking much more aesthetically pleasing.

The Director wondered if JL still had that mark on his shoulder from the original Center.

=====

Other things we have found include fully mechanical armies, apparently known in records as 'Guardians'. What they guard, we don't know. But we've managed to reverse-engineer quite some things from The Center's amazing technological genius.

Information like this is hard to come across, and as such, any future information that we learn about these Freelancers will be added to this file.

===================

Chapter 14: Take Care of Yourself

Memory Wipes - Amnesia - Could happen from times of intense stress, mental strain and physical trauma.

Or also if a writer is really lazy, and already knows that the future of the character whose about to get amnesia is gonna be sooooooo hard to adapt to.

In any case, JL's duel with Xenox was very taxing. Black Lightning clashed against Xenon beams, sword against sword, fist against fist. Armor blocked, pushed, and moved as the wearer changed the shape of their body, countering and cross countering their foe's each strike and quickly following up with their own.

The problems: JL was tired. And as for Xenox....well, the fact that he was now living and running only on Xenon probably did wonders for him. Even smoking won't be fast enough to kill him now.

Soon, even their element was being forced to be channeled in their weapons. Xenox swung his Xenon-based sword; the purple-brown energies running through it making it easy to slice through a normal weapon, but JL's Black Lightning, channelled through the already-powerful Celestial Adamant, easily managed to keep up with Xenox's sword.

Ducking under a swipe and rolling forward, JL felt grateful for the armor and the soft dirt. Finish his forward roll, he lifted himself into a crouching position, and swung his sword backwards. Xenox reacted quickly, leaping over, twisting in midair, and bringing his sword back up. JL blocked, and swiped his legs, kicking Xenox, forcing him to fall from under his feet. Quickly, JL stabbed downwards at Xenox's face, but he rolled away, jumping back.

Both Toa held out their swords, and two beams of their element concentrated and unleashed from their weapons. JL's Celestial Adamant sword, all of a sudden rotated. 2 clear blue 'spikes' on the sword that he had thought was just aesthetics suddenly became the thing which held the energy - and the sword happily channeled the black and blue electrical power through like a rifle. Nice, JL thought.

Xenox: So, Toa! More tricks up your sleeve, eh?JL: (Smirks) Oh, I didn't know I have this. I DO know another trick. Wanna know?Xenox: (Grits his teeth in strain) What is it?JL: My mask functions as a computer; for the last year few minutes it has been calculating how long it'll take before you die from the Xenon overload. And that's....now.

The Xenon flow stopped first.

Then the Lightning energy was left.

JL lay unconscious, tired. Beside him was a pool of Xenon. And to his other side, a house teleported near him

"From one Keybearer to another, Fool of the Center, this is the last time I'll help you. Then you'll have to learn to take care of yourself......."

And until the time when the Zehvor encountered JL as they fell into a plot of trying to revive the Dark Lord through a memory alternate dimension, the IUPD didn't find JL.

END - FINALE - META

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013