The recent MOC of my latest blog entry, made over April Fools Day weekend. As I said there, it incorporates HF and Bionicle in a way that I think was pretty satisfactory. So, without much further ado, here we go!

5.jpg_thumb.jpg

^Link to Gallery^

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

It's a mecha. That's fiery. And has cool chest blasters because come on who doesn't like those. The fins on its back and head dissipate heat, more or less. The Lehrak staff on the head is supposed to be a crown-like ornament as well.Also blargh this thing did not like being photographed. That last foot joint collapsed five to six times during photography. I guess it doesn't like standing on paper over carpet, because it did just fine in my room for days beforehand. Anyway, there might have been more pictures but I raged at my camera and quit. So there. :P

Comments appreciated.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

Yay, orange cores.This is a really cool MOC. The legs are probably my favorite part. I always liked colored Bionicle blades, and you used three in this MOC, the orange Lehrak staff and the red Matau blades. They look good there. The fins look rather like a back ornament and they're epic. The only flaw would be the gap between the Stars armor piece and the Inika lower leg on each leg, but it's not a big flaw. This guy somewhat reminds me of Reshiram. Good job!

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

All that detail in him in amazing, you also managed to blend Hero Factory and Bionicle pieces perfectly. The colour scheme is indeed very fiery, that trans-blue tube sticks out but fits really well. I really like the back with those Axalara pieces stuck on. The chest blasters are awesome, they make the body have a purpouse other than just joining the legs, arms and head together. The legs are the best though, so much small detail in them makes them look very mechanical. 10/10, great job!

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

Yay, orange cores.This is a really cool MOC. The legs are probably my favorite part. I always liked colored Bionicle blades, and you used three in this MOC, the orange Lehrak staff and the red Matau blades. They look good there. The fins look rather like a back ornament and they're epic. The only flaw would be the gap between the Stars armor piece and the Inika lower leg on each leg, but it's not a big flaw. This guy somewhat reminds me of Reshiram. Good job!

Thanks for the reply. As far as the fins were concerned, at first I just was aiming to fill out his back area, but after I found a way to attach two fins using a red tube (visible in his back shot), I knew I had to give him a row of them. The head just sort of made itself, what with the crown and all.I know that there's a big gap between the Stars armor and each of his lower legs, but I couldn't find a way to completely fil the Inika leg pieces without hampering their movability. That piece only has so many connector points on it, after all. Also, why does he remind you of Reshiram, besides being fiery? He's not an awesome white dragon. :P

The MOC is awesome. The arms are probably the best part of it since the weapons are neatly designed. It has a great color scheme too.

I'm glad you like him. I wanted to make this guy red and orange, so I thought those red Matau blades and the orange Lehrak crown looked good where I put them. Of the weapons, my favorites are the chest blasters, since they look like they could actually move in and out as they fire/reload.

All that detail in him in amazing, you also managed to blend Hero Factory and Bionicle pieces perfectly. The colour scheme is indeed very fiery, that trans-blue tube sticks out but fits really well. I really like the back with those Axalara pieces stuck on. The chest blasters are awesome, they make the body have a purpouse other than just joining the legs, arms and head together. The legs are the best though, so much small detail in them makes them look very mechanical. 10/10, great job!

Well, this is one of my better attempts at the "fusion" of both, so thank you. While I love the legs, as you say, I only wish they were sturdier -- those HF pieces, when connected to an axle horizontally like on his feet, are surprisingly weak at support.

That mech looks downright dangerous. And I assume the arms are flamethrowers? Either way, they look good. Very cool MOC.-Ced

No, the arms are not flamethrowers, although that would be awesome. Rather, they are supposed to be like bayonets, with a sharp blade surrounding a central rifle part. Still, flamethrowers would suit him . . .

Very cool. Feet and torso, mainly. Lovely shape and colors, overall. Really like it!

Thanks! Yes, the torso is a bit smallish compared with his powerful legs, but I think the heat-dissipating vanes (including the one on his head) really help to make his frame seem balanced.~B~

Bayonets on rifles...that actually made sense after I took a closer look. :P And hey, the flamethrower idea could still be used for a future MOC.-Ced

Yes, that's true. Flamethrowers are always fun to use on MOCs, as I've done several times before. Plus, I think we all enjoy playing with those little tran-orange fire pieces. :P

Mmm, mata red. I love MOCs with that color. Very abstract, I'm not sure what to think of it. The legs don't really flow well, but then again, that could be intentional. Hmm... Very cool, though.

Thanks for the reply. I agree, Mata red is pretty smexy on MOCs. Glad it was brought back in the newer HF waves.However, I'm not so sure what you mean by it being abstract. It has the same general mech body structure, being mostly humanoid in a way. As for the legs, I was hoping they flowed reasonably well, with the two toes matching the two prongs of the Pahrak-Kal shields, and the smooth HF plates. I suppose it didn't work out the best, then.~B~