Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

I hate those cheap, cheesy ones. Bot Shots included. But also Cyberverse and Legends.
Are you serious? Firstly, they're not cheap. A $9 Cyberverse Commander is the same value as a $14 Deluxe. Both are overpriced, but they're the same quality, just at a different pricepoint. As for "cheap" as in bad quality, no. Cyberverse Megatron is even more accurate than Voyager Megatron. Figures like Ironhide or Dreadwing are excellent figures in both accuracy and engineering. Shoot, Legion Cliffjumper is undoubtedly the greatest price-for-value figure you can buy right now. These aren't Legends figures. These are Legends combined with the awesome Scouts from the ROTF line. Legends on steroids, if you will.As for Bot Shots, they're $4 and a ton of fun. If you don't dig the gimmick, that's fine and your opinion. Don't call them cheap and cheesy, because that's just incorrect and horribly close-minded.Pardon the rant. I'm going to go roll Bot Shots Lockdown around for a few minutes to calm down...

All right, I overstated. Sorry. Rant pardoned. I meant quality, as in, compare those to the old Deluxe, Voyager, Leader, Supreme, Ultimate. (Ok, Ultimate isn't old, but I like it)Don't get me wrong, I'm not rich. I usually go for 2-5 TF's a year, the good kinds. Like the ones I said.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I hate those cheap, cheesy ones. Bot Shots included. But also Cyberverse and Legends.
Are you serious? Firstly, they're not cheap. A $9 Cyberverse Commander is the same value as a $14 Deluxe. Both are overpriced, but they're the same quality, just at a different pricepoint. As for "cheap" as in bad quality, no. Cyberverse Megatron is even more accurate than Voyager Megatron. Figures like Ironhide or Dreadwing are excellent figures in both accuracy and engineering. Shoot, Legion Cliffjumper is undoubtedly the greatest price-for-value figure you can buy right now. These aren't Legends figures. These are Legends combined with the awesome Scouts from the ROTF line. Legends on steroids, if you will.As for Bot Shots, they're $4 and a ton of fun. If you don't dig the gimmick, that's fine and your opinion. Don't call them cheap and cheesy, because that's just incorrect and horribly close-minded.Pardon the rant. I'm going to go roll Bot Shots Lockdown around for a few minutes to calm down...
yay for bot shot love!i can tell you from my experiance with the two that i have, that they are pretty durable. screamers a bit screwy at times though.legions are the best thing ever. i love them.i'll admit i wasn't into the whole idea, but that changed when i received a pair of them for my birthday. awesomeness.I've never played the game. but i still love the little guys. plus they're the best value out there. but legions are still better.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

All right, I overstated. Sorry. Rant pardoned. I meant quality, as in, compare those to the old Deluxe, Voyager, Leader, Supreme, Ultimate. (Ok, Ultimate isn't old, but I like it)Don't get me wrong, I'm not rich. I usually go for 2-5 TF's a year, the good kinds. Like the ones I said.
To be fair, the quality of all of Hasbro toys have greatly decreased in the past few years. However, the quality of Cyberverse, Commanders especially, are way ahead of the DOTM toys in terms of quality. Those Deluxes, while the molds were mostly good, had horrible paint apps that really ruined a lot of the figures for me.And you can't really compare Cyberverse to Deluxes, Voyagers, Leaders, etc. of the past. Compare Prime Legion figures to Movie 1 Legends figures, and there's no contest. While quality is slowly going down, toy engineering is only getting better, which is what keeps me buying them.

To be fair, the quality of all of Hasbro toys have greatly decreased in the past few years. However, the quality of Cyberverse, Commanders especially, are way ahead of the DOTM toys in terms of quality. Those Deluxes, while the molds were mostly good, had horrible paint apps that really ruined a lot of the figures for me.And you can't really compare Cyberverse to Deluxes, Voyagers, Leaders, etc. of the past. Compare Prime Legion figures to Movie 1 Legends figures, and there's no contest. While quality is slowly going down, toy engineering is only getting better, which is what keeps me buying them.
I like the DOTM toys. Plus I watch video review before buying, to be sure of good toys. The deluxes I don't normally go for. Usually my favorite molds of my favorite characters, plus one super-well engineered toy regardless of whether it falls into the previous category. Hence me liking Ultimate Optimus, Voyager Megs, Leader Sentinel, Leader BB (I haven't bought a single BB in the past, so it doesn't strike me as overkill or redundant), and Voyager Shockwave.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I like the DOTM toys. Plus I watch video review before buying, to be sure of good toys. The deluxes I don't normally go for. Usually my favorite molds of my favorite characters, plus one super-well engineered toy regardless of whether it falls into the previous category. Hence me liking Ultimate Optimus, Voyager Megs, Leader Sentinel, Leader BB (I haven't bought a single BB in the past, so it doesn't strike me as overkill or redundant), and Voyager Shockwave.
voyager shockwave is pretty ok.. it irks me that he has curling arms

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Well, here's some news on TF4:

“It’s not a reboot," Bay said, reiterating that the new film will have an all-new cast. "That’s maybe the wrong word. I don’t want to say 'reboot' because then people will think we’re doing a 'Spider-Man' and starting from the beginning. We’re not. We’re taking the story that you’ve seen — the story we’ve told in three movies already — and we’re taking it in a new direction. But we’re leaving those three as the history. It all still counts... We’re moving on to something different.”Director Bay mentioned a bit about the plot as well... "That feels like the way to go, doesn’t it?" says Bay. "I want to go a little off [the planet] but I don’t want to go too sci-fi. I still want to keep it grounded." And the budget is less than what was allocated for Transformers: Dark of the Moon. This time it’s a relatively small (in terms of movies like this) budget of $165 million.
It's nothing major, but I'm interested to see where they go with it.

Lower budget... Wonder what could come from that.And some space. That's always nice.Can't really say much until I see/read more.In terms of the toy discussion, I mainly only collect Voyagers and Deluxes as I feel they have the best scale. But I still think Cyberverse and Botshots are great despite only having a few (in terms of Botshots, none). I just never really gotten into buying them (though, I may get the Botshot 3-pack with Shockwave when it comes out, and maybe Prime at some time). And Cyberverse, I only have the black and purple movie Soundwave who is currently leading my army of three Vehicons. But I'm definitely getting the Energon Drill when it comes out.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

But... almost everything gets released in the Netherlands 3-5 months later than in the USA.And for a higher price, too...

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Well, this is a first. The day new toys are sighted I find them at Walmart. Specifically, the Cyberverse vehicles and Deluxe Wave 4 (minus Airachnid).So, I picked up the Energon Drill. Lovely looking vehicle. Knockout... eh. If he had knees he'd be better. My only complaints with the drill is the long light tube, and I would have liked it if the drill was placed higher off the ground. But oh well. At least now I have a home for my three Vehicons.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

i think the starhammer is better. and yes it may have to do with the fact that it not only comes with a wheeljack figure, but also SWORDS!i also feel like i may be the only person who wants a vehicon who isnt going to army build them. though i won't complain if i receive another (legion class)but i want that deluxe

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Over here Ultimate Optimus is only £80 on average, from the places I've seen it.I feel so lucky XDExcept all the US-exclusives and Japanese toys are obscenely overpriced :c
Where I live, quality TF is so rare that it's more so obscenely overpriced. Though I may be able to take a vacation and buy it there.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Hnggggh I want that drill. How big is it and what's the pricepoint?
Pretty sure it was twenty bucks. Which is actually really good considering it's size, which is large than a voyager (length, anyways).As for size, I don't have a ruler, so no exact measurements. But I'd say it's roughly a foot long, maybe six inches wide, and about three inches tall. But that's just an educated guess.Still a fun toy all around. And the pull lever transformation is really addicting.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

So I got First edition Starscream from TRU the other day, I've been really liking him, I think I'm probably going to get RID Megatron, First edition Bumblebee, and maybe FE Arcee next time I go(Will probably swap out Arcee for the RID version if they have her, since I think she looks better, about 80% of their figures were Bumblebees(Both RID and FE)though, so I'm not counting on it)~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Wait, the Ark was $8? Wow.I figured out the only reason why Cyberverse sells so well XP.
clearence... i wish i snagged it. if just for roller.
So I got First edition Starscream from TRU the other day, I've been really liking him, I think I'm probably going to get RID Megatron, First edition Bumblebee, and maybe FE Arcee next time I go(Will probably swap out Arcee for the RID version if they have her, since I think she looks better, about 80% of their figures were Bumblebees(Both RID and FE)though, so I'm not counting on it)~ELM~
i cant find febb anywhere!!!! grrrrrr!!!! Edited by Wheeljack

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Wait, the Ark was $8? Wow.I figured out the only reason why Cyberverse sells so well XP.
$8 on clearance. It was $24.99 retail, but stores immediately dropped it to around $20. Cheapest I saw was actually the Target exclusive that came with Sentinel Prime for around $15. I really regret not picking that up. The only reason I didn't is because it has no real place in my collection, unlike the Prime Cyberverse line.

I really liked Movie figures during the ROTF line, but by the time DOTM rolled around I was starting to get tired of the aesthetic and the thousands of Bumblebees everywhere. Combined with the downright awful quality of the DOTM toys, it nearly put me off collecting altogether. I'll probably end up collecting the Trans4mers line, though, because I'm a sucker for new toys.Here's a question for the thread: Has anyone ever gone completist on a toyline? I went completetist on Animated, with the exception of non-toy repaints. I almost went completist on the ROTF Deluxes and Scouts, but the number of ugly repaints put me off.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

I only buy the toys that had actual appearances in the movies, so now.P.S. I like the quality of the DOTM toys, actually. Sure, they're not ROTF toy quality, but they're good enough to enjoy, and 75% screen-accurate. And, the BB redundancy doesn't put me off, since I don't have one. If I get one, it'll be DOTM Leader.

Pk57sNJ.jpg