Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

Prime toy pics from SDCC arrived. Thundertron looks regal and pirate-y, can't wait for the obligatory Leo Convoy repaint. Rumble's just looks awesome. The only thing really missing is Ultra Magnus. Also, Kreon Superion and Devastator are there too. Think I'll be picking all the micro-combiners up and a few of those bags once they get released.

Edited by Nebula 2.0

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

Definitely be getting Kreon Bruticus and the Blindpack Blast Off (and maybe do some customizing with the combiner). There are some other Kreons I'll probably be getting just because they're so adorable and the only thing Kre-o related I'm interested in.Prime toys look good. Thundertron, Rumble, and Dreadwing I'll definitely be getting. Rumble actually looks pretty nice and Thundertron looks great (beard!).FOC Bruticus looks decent in Retail colors. May not be accurate, but I can live with it (I actually prefer Blast Off and Vortex in these colors). Sideswipe looks decent for being a a major Jazz re-tooling, and I'll probably pick him up too.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

No luck on the hunt today either. Didn't get to check out the toys at Target, but did at the other Walmart next door and it had no FOC.----Dreadwing looks gorgeous. I've so far limited myself to just two Prime figures because I simply haven't been liking them, but I'm really tempted to make a Decepticon collection. And he's on that list for sure if I do.Thunderton also looks pretty great. I've got fond memories of Beast Wars, so he might also be a definite buy.----I still want the other new FOC figures too. I'm more put off of Magnus now after seeing reviews of Prime (being just a repaint with a new head) and how dang small he is... But he still looks fantastic in the mold IMO. And he's got a giant sword. The other repaint/molds/shells (Sideswipe and Fireflight) I'll probably still pass on.Kickback's still meh.And then there's Starscream. Buying that thing for sure.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

is that what i think it is? legion casseticons that come with cases?i really hope so. they look sweet.soundwaves cool too

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I think the Casseticons are the cases. And they come with the Voyage Soundwave. The only reason why I'd buy the figure, but that's not enough to sell me on it.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

no. there are actual trans-purple cases for some of them. i saw them.they where in the sdcc photos on a forum that i will not mention.

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Well, I saw the FOC Wave 1 at TRU today and picked up Shockwave (was half-tempted to scalp the other one, haha). He's really nice, but gah, he doesn't scale nicely with anything I have (he's shorter than Prime Soundwave, so he doesn't fit well with Prime, and I'm not really doing CHUG anymore...). =/ I'm thinking that I might do a FOC collection alongside Prime and Masterpiece, but I'm confused as to what to do, since I'm not sure we're getting a new Megs, and then there's Voyager Soundwave/Soundblaster, who scales even worse than the last Deluxe did with the FOC toys. I guess I'm gonna really hope for a Prime Voyager Shockwave to be made one of these days.

plop

no. there are actual trans-purple cases for some of them. i saw them.they where in the sdcc photos on a forum that i will not mention.
Hm. Musta missed that. Either way, I'm still not getting the figure.Nice to hear FOC is starting to show up. I'm going to have to go on a TRU run soon what with them and the new Hero Factory sets showing up. Sad to hear how small Shockwave is, though. Shorter than Soundwave, huh? That's kinda pitiful.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Hasbro Panel just ended at SDCC. Three things that got me excited: FE toys coming to the states, Voyager FOC Grimlock, and a FOC Ruination! Ruination, just the repaint I wanted to see!Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Hasbro Panel just ended at SDCC. Three things that got me excited: FE toys coming to the states, Voyager FOC Grimlock, and a FOC Ruination! Ruination, just the repaint I wanted to see!Kalhiki
sorry... what? did you just say? no that can't be right....you mean i might actually get a fe cliff?

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

SDCC this year puts the "bro" in Hasbro.- Prime First Edition is getting a wide release.- Asia-exclusive Generations repaints are coming to North America.- Amazing G2 box for G2 Bruticus (I'll be keeping mine MISB).- Bruticus is getting repainted into Ruination and made of the original Wreckers (Impactor, Twin Twist, Topspin, Roadbuster, and Whirl).- FOC Grimlock looks quite amazing.- Dinobots in Prime Season 3.Man, Botcon this year is now as redundant as it was incompetent. Even the SDCC exclusives look so much better than the Botcon set.

Well, looks like I'm not getting those Masterpieces as I'd originally planned. Too much awesome here. Swerve and Springer and the three Asia-exclusive Voyagers are mine (I'd ask what happened to Brawn, but I reeaally don't care, haha). Hopefully I can sell off my RID Optimus so I can get my hands on him and Bulkhead (I already paid scalper prices for Screamer =/). The Prime Voyagers all look great, though I really hope we get Ironhide after Kup; I don't really like that deco. I'll be trying to get the SDCC Bruticus and the Wreckers out of those molds.My main concern is this: where's Breakdown and the Jet Vehicons, and do I really have to import their AM versions just to get them?

plop

When a fan asked about Breakdown, they said "Not in the presentation, sorry." which is pretty ambiguous. If I remember correctly, there was also a Voyager Unicron shown at the Tokyo Toy Show but not mentioned anywhere in the panel.

If you're just asking about for Prime - and not about Unicron ever, because yeah there's been many versions of one - yes. There is a Unicron figure. But it appears to be exclusive to Japan still (though isn't out yet there). I'm not that much of a fan of it. It's robot mode looks cool, but since Unicron in Prime has no alternate mode, the toy's alternate mode is being armor... For Optimus. It seems so stupid.-----I don't think I could accurately convey my excitement over FOC Voyager Grimlock (and to an extent Blaster, since I can then get in on the minicons without having a second Soundwave) and reissuing FE Cliffjumper. I am going to try everything possible to get those.Just like on Monday how I'll be trying to get the FOC Bruticus still... Sure hoping for some great luck on that.Speaking of: are there pictures of the Ruination this is supposed to be redecoed as? Because the indicated characters seem realy weird to me... I still think of Ruination as a Decepticon combiner, so to be made of Wreckers just doesn't make sense to me. So I'm interested in if it's painted like Ruination or uses the color schemes of the components.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

The new Ruination seems to share the same colors as RID Ruination. So the entire set ends up being two references at the same time. And yeah, there's pictures of him and his components you just have to google it.

Yes, I meant Prime. And wow. Can I have a link?
Here ya go.
The new Ruination seems to share the same colors as RID Ruination. So the entire set ends up being two references at the same time. And yeah, there's pictures of him and his components you just have to google it.
No wayyy. At the time I posted, there weren't pictures of him though. ;)Yeah I don't like Ruination.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

SDCC has basically made me a poor person in the future. SO MUCH WANT IN TOY FORM. I can't wait for so many of those figures to come out, it is ridiculous. Hot Spot will be mine. Springer will be mine. Blaster, Fireflight, FOC Grimlock, FOC Starscream, my list can literally go on. The first editions Prime figures which I was going to pay so much for. It's like Hasbro wants us all to be broke. Anyway luckily my mom said she will buy me SDCC Bruticus and Rest In Peace Cliffjumper, I just have to stalk the Hasbro Toy Shop like crazy, when are they supposed to be put up??Side note I went searching the other day for Prime Vehicon and wave 4 figures and FOC characters but all Target had was 1 Shadow Strike Bumblebee and nothing at Kmart. It seems Toys R Us would have them but i dont want to drive nor have the money anymore for them :(

Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0389 8396 7500

OT: Alex

Well, it seems that Hasbro won't be releasing Breakdown or Gaia Unicron, according to what people are saying from Comic-Con. I guess that means I'll have to have them imported. Breakdown was going to be mine one way or the other, and that Unicron looks too sweet to pass up completely....aaaaand he's sold out. =/I'm still determined to get the SDCC Bruticus somehow, though, even if I have to pay scalper prices for it. I kinda want the G2 version as well, if not just 'cause it's so cheap ($60 for five deluxes in an exclusive deco in a fancy box really isn't that bad). Not sure I'll bite on the retail versions or not, especially since I kinda really want those Wreckers.

Edited by Knock Out

plop

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Ruination, the Wreckers combiner, having Emirate Xaaron's head. There is so much WHAT to that whole concept that I can't help but love it.Rotorstorm's totally spinning in his grave by now.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

I was hoping for an RID Ruination. But now that I see it's the Wreckers... eh. I may get the retail Bruticus, unless my brother has any luck patrolling Hasbro Toy Shop and can actually snag a SDCC Bruticus. Then I may just have him get another for me. I still haven't decided yet. Gah!Also, we ended up ordering Arms Micron Breakdown after hearing about him possibly not coming to the states. Kinda happy I did. I'm excited for him to show up in the mail.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

This is the original Ruination from the Robots in Disguise era. He was a retool/redeco of G1 Bruticus and his Combaticon components.Some of the Aligned Wreckers - apparently - combine(d, seeing as Impactor and Roadbuster are dead in Prime) into Ruination, and all of his components are retool/redecos of the FOC Bruticus and his Combaticon components (with Emirate Xaaron's head). It's a weird, if not kinda cool, homage. My main issue with it is the fact that they used Whirl instead of Rotorstorm, especially since the latter had that one line from Last Stand of the Wreckers.Speaking of Bruticus, is there anyone here that's going to be camping out on HTS that'd be willing to purchase two of the SDCC version? I'd happily reimburse you, and cover for shipping, if that becomes necessary. Edited by Knock Out

plop

Yeah, they're pretty neat, and the more of the SDCC Bruticus I see, the more I like him. He's got Scramble City-type limbs, so I'll be swapping Blast Off and Swindle for sure (as that's the configuration that I like the most, seen in this pic) for this version (though my current plan calls for SDCC Bruticus to be displayed in the individual robot modes and G2 Bruticus in combined mode and the mass retail version in individual vehicle modes if I end up getting them all, which is a pretty big if).

Edited by Knock Out

plop

I'm definitely going to try and get SDCC Bruticus. Lately, I've seen nothing at the stores around me Transformer-wise (aside from Wave 1 of Prime and some DOTM Bees). Frankly it's getting annoying. Who knows when I'll see FOC toys on the pegs.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

I'll be camping out on HTS for Bruticus because it's the only version of him I want.Although I'll admit some of the Wreckers intrigue me... Like Impactor. But I can't stand thinking of their combined mode as Ruination.But I highly suspect it's going to be limited to one per customer, so we'd have to make multiple checkouts, severely limiting the chance of getting multiples. :/~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

I can live with the retail if you can't get multiples. And if he's not coming to HTS, like I said, I can live with the retail.But it's still dissappointing to hear about both.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

I have a terrible feeling that I'll end up with at least three versions of the Bruticus combiner. I want the Wreckers because they're the Wreckers and I think it's amazing... and I really want the G2 Bruticus because it's hilarious (and the cheapest)... but I kinda want the retail version unless I can get the SDCC version because I still want the FOC characters as toys...ugh I'm too poor for this poppycock.

Pretty much the same boat I'm in, haha.Well, I caved and purchased Dead End today. He's really awesome in a silly, G2 sort of way, but still manages to have a creepy, weird vibe to him. Definitely a neat figure to expand my Prime 'cons.

plop

Well, I know I'm going to buy the Wreckers and the retail version. I'm going to buy Shockwave, but overall, I'm not exceedingly thrilled by the upcoming Generations toys.I did, however, buy Dead End yesterday, and he is glorious.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG