Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

YEEEEAAAAHHHH!! TF:P! I can't wait!First FOC on the 21st, now Prime on the 25th!EDIT: Demo for FOC comes out on the 31st of this month! Super excited!Kalhiki
I think FOC will be a huge disappointment. WFC was a great game because of co-op campaign, but no, they had to drop that. No NPC allies either. Why not have a system like Halo 3, where your friends can play with you as different Autobots or Decepticons?
Gonna be a bad game because they dropped co-op, which made WFC great. (sarcasm)I think the main highlight (my opinion, by the way) was the multiplayer. And FOC's multiplayer looks to far exceeds that of WFC. Plus, the gameplay will be longer than that of WFC. Sure, no co-op, but at least the game will hopefully be long and enjoyable. And if you've seen the Vortex gameplay, did you notice the sheer scale of the zones? It's insanely cool how big the areas are. But I digress.And the reason they dropped co-op is because the levels are designed around the character. Personally, I like this better as it'll give you more varied gameplay.Plus, if you're that bummed out about the lack of co-op, there's still escalation. Sure, it's not the same thing, but you still get to play with friends.Kalhiki
Multiplayer in WFC was definitely broken. Soldiers with the highest health get access to miniguns? I encountered that A LOT when I played online.In Halo 3 the entire game was centered around MC, yet your friends could jump in as random elites. Why not have that system for FOC?Except in Escalation you always lose.EDIT: You can win in Escalation now, my bad. But that's still just like Survival in Left 4 Dead, no story telling.
Alright, now it's just coming down to personal opinions. That's fine if you have your own. But saying FOC will be a huge disappointment because of no co-op just seems... shallow minded? There are other things that can make this a great game.And I agree with you about multiplayer. Not sure if the health or gun issues will be dealt with in FOC, but at least there's going to be host migration, which was a big problem with me from the first game.Kalhiki
I see where you're coming from. But in a war, why would anyone go alone without a squad by your side all the time? Granted, sometimes solo missions are necessary.I personally felt that with the broken multiplayer, co op was WFC saving grace. I personally like to play campaign with friends.
The thing is, FOC's multiplayer might not be broken. It's more in tune with real-world wars to have teammates, but on a dying world purged of nearly all life by mass exodus and endless war, it does emphasize the spreading thin of your forces.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I read both of those, and a friend on another site gave me Rising Storm. Foundation really managed to clear things up, though. It was awesome.So, never mind.EDIT: Just finished Rising Storm, and actually, it was awesome. Full of fun bits and some character. Every page made me think of sounds and voices. Perfect bridge from DOTM The Game to the movie.
Personally, I just abhor Magno's artwork. It was better there than in Nefarious, but that's not saying much at all.
Magno? So he was the one who drew that? No way, it was awesome and screen-accurate. He even managed to keep Megatron looking consistent, when Megatron's face is the most difficult by far.Only thing I didn't like was he forgot the flames on Optimus' forearms.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Ruined_foreverAnyway, I don't think the Autobots would have survived to revive Metroplex if their forces were that thin.

AΨ 94

Guys, enough of this multiquoting. It's so easy to delete and so annoying to scroll through. Plus, every time you do it, someone barbecues a baby.

No NPC allies either.
I dunno who told you that, but you most certainly do have NPC allies. In pretty much every gameplay we've seen so far you have them, in fact.

Guys, enough of this multiquoting. It's so easy to delete and so annoying to scroll through. Plus, every time you do it, someone barbecues a baby.
No NPC allies either.
I dunno who told you that, but you most certainly do have NPC allies. In pretty much every gameplay we've seen so far you have them, in fact.
A baby is born to a wealthy family? Okay.As in WFC where they are constant buddies.

AΨ 94

Alright, now it's just coming down to personal opinions. That's fine if you have your own. But saying FOC will be a huge disappointment because of no co-op just seems... shallow minded? There are other things that can make this a great game.And I agree with you about multiplayer. Not sure if the health or gun issues will be dealt with in FOC, but at least there's going to be host migration, which was a big problem with me from the first game.Kalhiki
I see where you're coming from. But in a war, why would anyone go alone without a squad by your side all the time? Granted, sometimes solo missions are necessary.I personally felt that with the broken multiplayer, co op was WFC saving grace. I personally like to play campaign with friends.
From the gameplay I've been seeing of FOC, it seems like the "solo missions" are making sense. But calling them "solo missions" isn't even a good title because there are NPCs and "teammates". Lets go through the levels (that I can remember):Bumblebee: For the sake of being the tutorial, teammates aren't really necessary. Plus, you have a whole Autobot army around the ship helping out. Vortex: Well, he's hanging with Blastoff, so it's not like he's going completely solo. But they do separate later, and this is where the whole "level built around character" aspect jumps in. Plus, The other Combaticons are doing their own thing, so there really can't be any other teammates.Jazz/Cliff: The Cliffjumper level seems to be tied in with Jazz's. So, yeah, you have a teammate. But, I suspect something similar to Vortex's level. You split up and enter the unique-to-character level. Same with Jazz.Starscream: He's out killing guys so he can rule or somesuch. I'm assuming that with all the 'Cons still loyal to Megs, he really can't have any teammates.Grimlock. He seems to basically being escaping prison. But I'd assume you'd team up with the other Dinobots. Thus, teammates. Even still, since the level focuses on Grimlock, co-op really can't happen.So, despite that there is no co-op, you'll still have teammates. They'll just be NPCs.Even though it seems I don't mind the lack of co-op, I must admit I was pretty bummed that it wasn't going to be in FOC. But after gameplay was shown, I started to understand the decision, so I'm cool with it. For a while I had some fun playing online with people. Having NPCs being cotrolled by a thinking being just added something fun and unique.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

So Bruticus is preeeeeeeeettttyyy awesome.Blast Off as an arm is ridiculously long, though.But can't complain about the rest.Only legitimate problem I've had was with Onslaught. Some flash on the chest panel that his head is under wouldn't let it clip up into place. So his head was stuck too low in a forever looking down pose. It looked really bad. I can tell I almost snapped off that panel trying to force it because it barely started to turn white. :( But at that point I got out a nail file and took off little bits until it worked. Now I just have to be sure to push on the Bruticus head instead of the panel itself just as a precaution when transforming.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

So, yesterday we went shopping. Didn't find anything until we went to Dollar General. Remember those RTS Legends with Prime and Starscream? Yeah, well we found those except in Generations packaging. Not only that, but we found what was originally a Universe Legends Megatron (one that was based on the G2 Tank Megatron) and Universe Legends Bumblebee (this one has racing stripes, though) also in Generations packaging.It was just weird for me because I new these molds existed, but not released in Generations. So, does anyone have any information on them? The pegs at Dollar General said "New Item" if that tells you anything.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

My wallet's glad I don't have as much interest in their Deluxe Insecticons. I still need Green Giant and FP Colossus, and now there's a not-Menasor on top of that... Not sure what I think about not-Broadside, but for now, I'm probably gonna pass.524321_10151953357390494_1649107014_n_1343503175.jpgOh, wow. Hexatron. Wow. Totally forgot about him, but... wow. I'd say he doesn't scale well with other CHUG figures, but wasn't he super huge in the IDW comics?

Edited by Swindle

plop

I mainly want Knight Morpher Cyclops. Depite all the stories of broken pegs and tabs. I just like Shockwave... And steamships.Otherwise I'm not very interested in anything third party-wise.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Other stuff that caught my attention from TFCon:

• iGear's take on Impactor, "Presser"
  • Mech iDeas Workshop (never heard of them) take on the Jumpstarters (Topspin and Twintwist), "Apex" and "Geminus"
  • BTS Toys' (the dudes who made Sonicron) take on Overlord, "Nova Lord"
  • TFC Toys' take on Superion, "Uranus"
  • Headrobots' upgrade kit for HFTD Banzaitron, "Ronin"
  • Headrobots' upgrade kit for ROTF Mindwipe, "Darksol" (supposed to have a look more akin to G1 Mindwipe)
  • Another, "Black King" to turn one of the redecos of Energon Scorponok into Black Zarak (the Masterforce one)
  • Yet another kit for HFTD Tomahawk, "Drone" (to turn him into Whirl, I think?)
  • Lastly, one for Skullgrin to make a more screen-accurate Dauros, and one for DOTM Skyhammer to turn him into... one of the Autobot Headmasters (I forgot which)
  • Mastermind Creations' Hearts of Steel Seekers
  • Hexatron, yet again
  • A teaser of their take on Predaking and the Predacons, "Ferocicus" and the "Ferocicons"
  • Fansproject's Assaulter, a take on Broadside
  • Their teaser for Menasor
  • Function X, their take on various Headmasters, among them Minerva, Weirdwolf, and Mindwipe

Overall, a lot of neat stuff. I certainly can't afford all of it, but not-Menasor, not-Predaking, and not-Six Shot are most definitely mine. I like the Headrobots kits, but the only one I'm interested in is Ronin, since I really like the design of G1 Banzaitron. The various Wreckers-related things are really neat, but the main one I was interested in was not-Overlord, who, according BTS Toys, is supposed to twenty-one inches tall, which is kinda crazy, considering not-Sixshot is under ten.I think I'll stick with the Fansproject upgrades for Superion for now; I just don't feel like shelling out Hercules prices for him. Same goes for any future Bruticus sets; the current one looks fine to me.

plop

Ruined forever is a load of nonsense, Space Marine. You must realize that the wiki wrote that article in the context of a joke, teasing people who believe in it.
i laughed when i saw that page. there's some hilarious stuff on that wiki.the dull surprise page is just amazing. Edited by Wheeljack

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Ruined forever is a load of nonsense, Space Marine. You must realize that the wiki wrote that article in the context of a joke, teasing people who believe in it.
i laughed when i saw that page. there's some hilarious stuff on that wiki.
Yup. Ruined Forever, GEEWUN, Shellformers, Neon, Trukk not munky... all hilarious pages.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Well, I caved and purchased Breakdown last week, and he came in today. Oh man, he really is an awesome figure. Both modes are really nice and screen-accurate, and the Micron (Zamu, I think?) is a nice touch, if not a so-so hammer. The stickers were a pain to apply, but that's more or less 'cause my eyesight sucks (ended up having to use my glasses, haha). Anyway, that leaves Knock Out, Airachnid, and a couple Vehicons (two cars and one jet), and I'm done with all of the Decepticons that have been released (I think there's only Skyquake and Dreadwing left, anyway). I'd say Breakdown's worth getting, even with import pricing, especially if you want a complete Decepticon cast. RobotKingdom still has him in stock, I believe, and he came out to be about $70, including shipping, which was better than what TFSource and BBTS had him for, I believe (he's out of stock on both sites, anyway).Hoping we get some nice pics of Gaia Unicron in soon. I'd really like to see how this guy looks (part of me hopes he's kinda meh, just so I won't want to get him).Also got my SDCC Bruticus in today. He's really cool, but I have no room to display him, so he's gonna be staying in his box for a while. Though, the box is nice enough to serve as his own personal display, but it's so big that I can't get that to work, either...

plop

Silas Breakdown should come with the eyepatch, yes.Gaia Unicron can combine with Prime. But it looks horrible IMO and doesn't make sense for him to even be doing.I WANT that Breakdown now that I know he's not coming to the US for sure, though I wouldn't be surprised if he's released eventually just with a different mold. This one's just a fantastic mold. I still hate stickers and the Microns though.... And I've got too much preordered to come in from Japan in the next two months that I really shouldn't spend more on him. But maybe eventually...I should write up a short review for Bruticus. I've been meaning to and have all these thoughts floating around in my head for one. One thing to get out of the way now, though: YES that box is HUGE. It's impressive and I wish I could display it but with my small room it's been shoved in the closet with the few BIONICLE boxes I have left. (Some of which I should get rid of but... meh. :P)~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

So, I downloaded the FoC demo. It's really fun, especially the campaign levels. Vortex's level is great.But, multiplayer was the main thing. Not too different overall from WFC, but there are some things. Mainly the lack of grenades and a second unique special ability. They seem to have gotten rid of a lot of stuff now that I think about it. Luckily, they weren't too major, but every once and a while I'd like it if they included some of it (mainly double jump).Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

I really don't understand why they omitted things like double jump, grenades, killstreak abilities, secondary abilities... I mean, it's not like it kills the multiplayer for me, it just feels like it's a bit unfinished and a bit of a step back from WFC. The customization definitely delivers, though, with the exception of the horrible color options (much worse than WFC, I think). I particularly like the crazy head choices (crowned Optimus and Bumblebee? lolwut).I haven't played through the two campaign missions in the demo yet, and I probably won't in favor of playing them in the game itself.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

So I feel I hit a personal gold mine today. Was out running errands and since was near my local mall decided to hop in for a peek at the Transformers section. First off they had two Shockwaves left, grabbed one of him since I had seriously thought I'd have to order him online. Then I was looking through the Prime figures and had tons of BBs, Ratchet, Hot Shot, and Knockouts. Then I see a Ratchet sitting on the shelf on top of another box. I lift him off and guess what I find?! A VEHICON. I jumped up in excitement, thank god no one was in the aisle with me.

Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0389 8396 7500

OT: Alex

So I feel I hit a personal gold mine today. Was out running errands and since was near my local mall decided to hop in for a peek at the Transformers section. First off they had two Shockwaves left, grabbed one of him since I had seriously thought I'd have to order him online. Then I was looking through the Prime figures and had tons of BBs, Ratchet, Hot Shot, and Knockouts. Then I see a Ratchet sitting on the shelf on top of another box. I lift him off and guess what I find?! A VEHICON. I jumped up in excitement, thank god no one was in the aisle with me.
Jelly level: Supreme.You lucky person, you.
Demo? How do you get the demo, and is there a PC version?
The demo came out a few days ago for Xbox360 and Ps3. Not sure about PC, though. Haven't heard anything about it yet.

Must get Xbox. Heck, even a demo is fun, because despite not completing the missions and story, if I get an Xbox I can experience the blowing stuff up and freely transforming. (Worst thing about the PSP version of ROTF was no transforming into vehicon mode.)Still, FOC's the best game I've seen.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

After looking through all the perks and abilities that will be unlocked (including grenades!), I think FOC's multiplayer will be a lot better of an experience when the actual game comes out. Not to mention High Moon seems really good about fixing minor glitches and flaws, so I have relatively high hopes for this game.

Been having a lot of fun in Vortex's level. So far I've found 3 audiologs. In one it reveals

Megatron being pulverized. And that being the opportunity Starscream's been waiting for.

Don't know how many audiologs there are. I saw a counter saying there are 5, but I don't know if they're all in the demo.Also, that black hole generator upgrade thing and the Corrosive Slime Cannon are such cool weapons.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

I'm loving this demo so far, and I can't wait fro the level cap to be increased! I need a new weapon for the Scientist (I can't use that Orbital Pistol thing at all).What classes do you guys like to use the most (I'm curious)? I like Scientist, because they can get to places so quickly (they're especially good in Conquest~). :DJust sayin', seeing those "Elite" heads in the customization menu made me want the game a lot more. :P

tsubasa_st_eng_banner_petals.jpg

Credit goes to Saya for the banner!

I enjoy the Infiltrator and Scientist. Just love the speed and maneuverability. Easy to get out of the fire fight that way. Though I am grawing a liking for the other two classes. Had a lot of fun with the Commander, but it takes a while to get used to the weapons. And the small ammo clips. Titans are also good. Love the Energon Harvester. I can get shot to pieces, but still manage to leave with near full health.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

I love the Scientist. I hated them in War, as for some reason I just couldn't get the hang of not dying within seconds of spawning. In Fall though, the Scientist is my favourite class, half due to the ability to fly around the map and have dogfights with others at top speed and half because the Neutron Assault Rifle no longer sucks.My second favourite is the Titan (or destroyer, whichever one replaces the Leader from the first game), because the Riot Cannon is so beast, especially with that attachment that increases the firing rate. For instance, yesterday I was slowly trudging across the map to join in the main battle in the middle section, when I start getting shot at from behind. I slowly turn around to see a little Infiltrator feebly shooting with his Path Blaster or whatever it's called, and I basically blew him into oblivion with like, one shot. I presume he lost health before that because it usually takes two or three, but the point remains.The Exodus is insane, and I really wanted to see Optimus and Megs fight at the end, but unfortunately it cut off into that trailer sequence. I loved flying around as Vortex too (I don't think I spent enough time on that level though, I should take another shot at it to properly clear the place). One of my favourite things is the theme tune. I was humming it all day yesterday and I just can't start playing without waiting for the theme tune to run through at least once :P

Just sayin', seeing those "Elite" heads in the customization menu made me want the game a lot more. :P
You can say that again :lol: My Scientist has a Starscream head as it is, so having a crown (A FREAKIN' STARSCREAM HEAD WITH A CROWN OMG) would just complete them :P And am I right in thinking that one of the Destroyer (or Titan, whichever replaced the Soldier class) heads is Galvatron? It looked a lot like Megatron but with pointy bits on it.

The "Elite" heads are just the main characters for the class (Bumblebee, Optimus, Megatron, and Starscream) with different crowns. While it's great for Starscream, it doesn't really make sense for the others. Huge missed opportunity to include a Grimlock head with his Marvel G1/Masterpiece crown.As for class, I hit the level cap first with Titan, oddly enough. I hated the Soldier/Tank/whatever class in WFC, but it's pretty great in FOC. It's really not as fun when you've only got the preset weapons with no abilities, but I'm sure I'll warm up to it in the game proper.