Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

Just beat CJ's level. I'll probably play Jazz's as well.Loving the Easter Eggs in the game. Apparently my brother saw Soundwave in his street light mode in Optimus's second level. And there's also the poster of Arcee in CJ's level.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Finding the crown in Starcream's level is pretty awesome.I beat the campaign yesterday. Pretty awesome, definitely superior to WFC in terms of story and gameplay. I found Grimlock's level to gat rather tedious after a while, though. And I wish you could do more as Soundwave and Starscream, but this seemed very much like a story > gameplay kind of game, which is alright.Now, to hit the multiplayer... (I'm Stryker055 on XBL, if anyone wants to play.)

Holy cow.About the Megatron impression, yeah. The lower arms look pretty much the same sans color.That said, I'm excited now.(Though I still wish Slipstream would show up ... Airachnid's gone, so the female Decepticon slot is 'open'.)-Inferna

Sorry to disappoint Inferna, but they made a Club-Exclusive Slipstream. And they usually only make exclusives of the characters Hasbro isn't going to be doing for a while.And yeah, the lower arms are pretty much the same. The shoulders look like slightly reworked Megatron shoulders.... The top of the lower legs is certainly almost identical.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I get the feeling they made him have similar parts to Megatron for the sake of the toy, so they could easily reuse Megatron bits for the Shockwave one.
Actually, I'm more thinking it was done as a "retool" for the sake of the animation model itself. Those CGI models cost a truckload of money, so I'd say it's cheaper and easier to just use the Megatron model as a template for Shockwave instead of creating an entirely new design.Plus, for the toy to even work it'd need very extensive retooling to the point where it wouldn't be all that more expensive to just make a new mold.

So. I beat FOC. Absolutely loved the last level since it was pretty much what I was expecting gameplay-wise.Also, what ever happened to Starscream? And the Dinobots?Anywho, excited for Prime. Glad to see Shockwave coming in. Hopefully he'll actually talk unlike his DOTM counterpart (plus, we can't have two, no, three mute characters in the show). Wonder who's voicing him.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

Also, Clfifjumper's coming back :biggrin:
Flashback, at least from what we've seen. That preview tried to play it up as Cliffjumper coming back to life, but Starscream's lack of a scar and position of command on the Nemesis gives it away as occurring pre-"Darkness Rising".Unless it turns out at the end that Cliffjumper does come back, but that's speculation. Besides, "when a character is dead, they stay dead."

Flashback, at least from what we've seen. That preview tried to play it up as Cliffjumper coming back to life, but Starscream's lack of a scar and position of command on the Nemesis gives it away as occurring pre-"Darkness Rising".Unless it turns out at the end that Cliffjumper does come back, but that's speculation. Besides, "when a character is dead, they stay dead."
Well, he's coming back to the show in any case, whether the character is coming back to life or not is another matter :P

Official pictures of Gaia Unicron are up. He's basically a headmaster with his alt-mode and the armor looks like it stops shoulder articulation of OP and Megs. Ironhide looks amazing, but the paint looks really pink in the photos.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

Well now that the full list of what Prime First Editions being rereleased has been revealed, I broke down and bid for a Cliffjumper on eBay. If I had wanted the Terrorcon version, I'd have grabbed the SDCC one. Ah well...I won the auction, but haven't heard from the seller yet... But he had fantastic rep, particularly with selling Transformers figures, so I have faight it'll be legitimate.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

So, I just watched Out of the Past, and was really satisfied with it. One thing I really liked was that one of the loading screen quotes from Fall of Cybertron is this:"Your reasoning is highly illogical"-ShockwaveAnd guess what Shockwave says in Out of the Past? YYYEEEEAAAHHH cool.png That really nicely connects the two distant parts of Aligned history. It's also interesting to note that 'Space Bridge technology has been lost for years (or centuries, I can't remember)', after Grimlock blew up Shockwave's original replica or the Ancients' one.

Edited by Doctor Wotz

"Your reasoning is hardly... Logical."But, y'know, close enough. Even though there are connections among the different media in the Aligned continuity, it still would be nice to see a timeline of sorts. Just to a) have a definitive understanding of when events occured and cool.png to clear up and errors. One main one I see is Dark Energon. It was used in WFC, but then it seemed like no one had really any knowledge of the stuff in Prime (but I guess for the sake of the show, this had to be). Also, when exactly did Megatron leave? He was still in control of the Nemesis in Exiles, but obviously wasn't during the events of Out of the Past.That and a few more points I'd like to be cleared up.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

The more I look at them, the more I see WfC/FoC and Prime as being part of the same continuity familiy, but not in direct continuity. Similar to the G1 cartoon and comics. Same universe, different stories.It's not simply to ignore the alignment issues between them, but because some just don't seem reconcilable.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

• 3 weeks later...

well I'm a proud autobot. fear my wrath!if I can remember my username... and password....on an unrelated note. FOC shockwave is bomb.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

So. Legacy was probably one of my most favorite episodes of Prime so far. I've been somewhat disappointed with Prime. Especially with the lack of no definitive plotline. All they're doing is hunting relics to try and kill each other.

But now with the Star Saber, the message from A3, and Megatron (in the next episode) getting a new arm, I'm hoping a story will form.

In other news, I finally found Voyager Dreadwing. Got him at Target (and also learned their ridiculous shelf stocking method).Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Yeah, it does finally feel like the story will go somewhere. Though I do wish they said whose arm Megs took...I've been doing a horrible job collecting the toys I want. :( My FE Cliff came in and I love him to death. But I've stll neglected to get FOC Shockwave and Jazz and Voyager Dreadwing. And now Thundertron's out. Uuuuugh.~|ET|~

Edited by Makaru
Fixed your tags.

E-T... Phone home.

• 2 weeks later...
In other news, I finally found Voyager Dreadwing. Got him at Target (and also learned their ridiculous shelf stocking method).Kalhiki
What shelf stocking method? My Targets are horrendously understocked.Well, since I've been gone, I've managed to score a single Vehicon, Kup, Rumble, Voyager Dreadwing, and Masterpiece Thundercracker. Vehicon is so amazing and everyone should own at least one. Kup is... Kup is kinda like Knockout in that he's almost kinda-good, but also kinda isn't. Rumble is like Dead End in being totally unassumingly awesome. Dreadwing is not as perfect as I would've liked, but he is nonetheless an incredibly cool toy. TC is my favorite of my MP Seeker trio. The MP-11 remold is extremely superior to the original.Anybody see the news on Beast Hunters? Predaking looks awesome. I'm hoping the show finally gets some sort of actual ongoing plot aside from MacGuffin of the Week. That Silas episode was one of the worst of the entire show, and TFP has yet to recover from that in my mind.

What shelf stocking method? My Targets are horrendously understocked.Well, since I've been gone, I've managed to score a single Vehicon, Kup, Rumble, Voyager Dreadwing, and Masterpiece Thundercracker. Vehicon is so amazing and everyone should own at least one. Kup is... Kup is kinda like Knockout in that he's almost kinda-good, but also kinda isn't. Rumble is like Dead End in being totally unassumingly awesome. Dreadwing is not as perfect as I would've liked, but he is nonetheless an incredibly cool toy. TC is my favorite of my MP Seeker trio. The MP-11 remold is extremely superior to the original.Anybody see the news on Beast Hunters? Predaking looks awesome. I'm hoping the show finally gets some sort of actual ongoing plot aside from MacGuffin of the Week. That Silas episode was one of the worst of the entire show, and TFP has yet to recover from that in my mind.
Why do you say that?BTW shockwave is amazing. did I already say that?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Hey people I just decide to check into the COT forums agian and found this topic, so I have a question how many of the fine fellows on this forum own Transformers Fall of Cybertron? I would really appreciate if you people can tell me.
I do.
For anybody who has played the Transformers Xbox games, which one or ones do you recommend I get?
War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron. They are freakin' awesome and have loads of replay value. If you want fast and easy achievements and bags of fun while getting them, go for Dark of the Moon. Revenge of the Fallen is alright, but it gets boring pretty quickly. The first movie game is fairly fun, but it pails in comparison to WfC and FoC.

Hey people I just decide to check into the COT forums agian and found this topic, so I have a question how many of the fine fellows on this forum own Transformers Fall of Cybertron? I would really appreciate if you people can tell me.
I've got it too. What do you want to know?---Gonna head back out this weekend to look for Dreadwing and maybe a Vehicon - I had no idea they were being stocked again!Also, Beast Hunters excites me like nothing else in Prime has. I'm a Beast Wars kid, so there's definitely a good bit of nostalgia making me look forward to it. Maybe the only thing I'm not crazy about is, besides the new characters, the only new toys will be "Beast Hunter" remolds of existing figures... And they don't look that great to me and are reeeally cluttered. Once again only Soundwave interests me out of the initial wave of those, but I already have him and would really only get him for the Ravage.Predaking though? I don't care about the reuse of a combiner name. The name works for him. And I'm definitely buying him.As for the show... Agreed, hopefully it means it's actually going to go somewhere. But I have a feeling it's going to go the Predacon-of-the-week route. :( (Speaking of... no. That symbol does not work for the Predacons. What was wrong with the classic one?)~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

I think the new symbol is way more threatening. Who wants Waspinator to represent their entire faction anyway? XDI just hope Beast Hunters doesn't turn the already-introduced characters into beasts. What would be great in my opinion is if Season 2 ended with Megatron dying, Season 3 was BH and played out as planned, then Season 4 had Galvatron and his group. Galvatron done right for the first time since G1. (And please not with that squealing voice from G1. Something like Movie Megatron's voice would suit him.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I think the new symbol is way more threatening. Who wants Waspinator to represent their entire faction anyway? XDI just hope Beast Hunters doesn't turn the already-introduced characters into beasts. What would be great in my opinion is if Season 2 ended with Megatron dying, Season 3 was BH and played out as planned, then Season 4 had Galvatron and his group. Galvatron done right for the first time since G1. (And please not with that squealing voice from G1. Something like Movie Megatron's voice would suit him.)
There's been rumblings that Season 3 will be the final season (not a biggy really, the Aligned continuity is supposed to last until like, 2020 or something). I also highly doubt they'd kill off Megatron already.
Just asking, and if it is the PC version, maybe we could try the Escalation mode together since none of my friends have the game.
Is there no matchmaking on the PC version?

Just asking, and if it is the PC version, maybe we could try the Escalation mode together since none of my friends have the game.
Sorry, 360 user. :/ But the way Escalation works on there, it pairs you with random people if you have no party. Does the PC version not do that?----Megatron is not going to die any time soon, nor would it make sense for him to. Indeed, the teaser for season 3 shows Predaking being presented to Megatron. He definitely lives.Curiously missing from the scene is Dreadwing, though... With Starscream back with the Cons... Hmmmmm.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.