Official Transformers Topic

Stryker055

I have been happy to see that Hasbro, despite hyping their simpler children's figures, has a fine set of Generations toys prepared for later this year.

I still find the leader class figures a bit simple, but after the glorious engineering of ROTF Leader Optimus Prime, I'm likely setting my standards too high.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

I have been happy to see that Hasbro, despite hyping their simpler children's figures, has a fine set of Generations toys prepared for later this year.

I still find the leader class figures a bit simple, but after the glorious engineering of ROTF Leader Optimus Prime, I'm likely setting my standards too high.

Can't really set them too high when they've proven many times over that they can do better than this.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Eh, as other people have pointed out, there's a real sense of deja vu with this trailer. Robots hiding from humans? Check. City being destroyed? Check. Decepticon of the week looks awesome? (but as with Shockwave and The Fallen before him, will probably have his face ripped off by Optimus) Check. And finally, Optimus owns everything in sight, because Hasbro needs to sell about three bazillion different toys of him? Yep, check. Also, not a single robot spoke in the trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dinobots don't even transform, let alone speak, because what Bay seems to be going for is Grimlock and Co being the nothing more than the Autobot's mounts - and occasional punching bags.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Spoiler maybe??

Grimlock's toy transforms, and it looks fairly detailed. It wouldn't surprise me if it didn't, dumber things have happened, but that would lead me to believe he transforms in the film, along with the other Dinobots. He'll talk if only because broken english is just too tempting a fruit for Michael Bay and his writing dept. to not to bite.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Spoiler maybe??

Grimlock's toy transforms, and it looks fairly detailed. It wouldn't surprise me if it didn't, dumber things have happened, but that would lead me to believe he transforms in the film, along with the other Dinobots. He'll talk if only because broken english is just too tempting a fruit for Michael Bay and his writing dept. to not to bite.

This. Everyone hates transformers that don't transform.

And I don't think that really needs a spoiler tag since it's just speculation, but I guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

Edited by ~Shockwave~

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Has anyone seen the TF4 Optimus poster? From this angle the new design looks great, I might even say better than the old one. (Might.) And it made me realize the Generations Leader (NOT the First Edition), though not up to the design quality of the ROTF Leader/DOTM Jetwing, does a decent job of being movie accurate. About as good a job as the TF1 Leader did.

Though for some reason, his forearms have their colors in the trailer reversed from the poster. (Or the poster has the colors reversed from the trailer) The toy follows the trailer, leading me to believe the trailer has the correct coloration simply by majority.

Any thoughts here?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I have to disagree on the design. One of the things I have liked about the Bayverse Autobot designs is they have integrated vehicle kibble quite nicely. In the poster above, all I can see is six really weird longstacks.

He looks weirdly smooth and homogenized.

Spoiler Alert

I have to disagree on the design. One of the things I have liked about the Bayverse Autobot designs is they have integrated vehicle kibble quite nicely. In the poster above, all I can see is six really weird longstacks.

He looks weirdly smooth and homogenized.

Oh I completely agree. I'm not a fan of the redesigned Optimus. And unlike most, the vehicle kibble integration was something I always did like too... Busy and complex, sure, but you could at least usually see where everything went. So these Transformers actually made sense.

Oh and yes, the Dinobots are supposed to transform in the film.

The only thing I'm disappointed in thus far is Galvatron. He just does not look remotely interesting or intimidating.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I'm disappointed in thus far is Galvatron. He just does not look remotely interesting or intimidating.

~|ET|~

Well, that's understandable, considering that

he's apparently one of the US Military's "Avatrons," meaning he's not anything other than a remote controlled drone this time around, like Stinger. As if the "America: heck yeah!" wasn't already overblown in the first three movies....

On another note, I just got my copies of IDW RID and MTMTE volume 2 in the mail, and it reaffirms to me that the IDW continuity under John Barber is basically the best thing to ever happen to the brand. Between the deft characterization, the great sense of mystery, and the constant patching of plot-holes rather than creating them, it's easily my favorite Transformers universe ever. Better yet, it manages to strike the perfect balance of lighhearted-ness and darkness, and though it goes places the cartoon never would (my favorite being the Decepticon Justice Division, with its members that have whirling sawblades for a chest and turn into electric chairs), it never becomes something you'd be ashamed to show a 10 year old. I wish I could say that about the live action films, which are both too crass for much of their target audience IMO and yet also much less mature.

Edited by ~~Zarkan~~

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Well, that's understandable, considering that

he's apparently one of the US Military's "Avatrons," meaning he's not anything other than a remote controlled drone this time around, like Stinger. As if the "America: heck yeah!" wasn't already overblown in the first three movies....

You know, as bad as that sounds, it's better than the last time there were Transformer drones loosely based on Megatrons

Edited by Makaru

Spoiler Alert

• 1 month later...

I recently started watching Transformers Armada because it aired when I was a kid and I didn't watch every episode. I have so far watched 12 episodes and only episodes 11 and 12 have been great. I am now doing same with TF: Armada that I did with Digimon four years ago, watching it from the beginning. I am not excited about the new movie because first was great while other two were just bad. TF: Armada seems to be Transformers: Pokemon...

Brace yourselves, Klaanon is coming...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well we've recently got news about the New Series and it's called Transformers: Robots In Disguise (sound familiar) it's had Bumblebee leads a team of Sideswipe,Fixit,A Bombastic Dinobot, & A Elite Guard Cadet against A New faction of Decepticons (since Megatron's ended he's movement at the ended Predas Rising.)

I just watched last episodes of Transformers Armada and those last Unicron battles episodes were gorram good. Now I have tried to watch old Beast Wars animation, but it just looks like an old Playstation game. After I finish with Beast Wars I may try to watch G1 or Prime but I am not going to see the new film in the movies, because I don't like what Bay has done to Transformers. So I have to torrent it and watch it while I am drunk.

Well, I'm getting mixed feelings on Rise of the Dark Spark. I just watched the first six levels. Some weapons definitely work differently than they did in FOC (Path Blaster has definitely been powered up, which is good), and there are some new abilities, so the game is definitely not a reskin. Rather than being the total scrap-pile people have painted it as, it seems to be to FOC as Halo 3: ODST is to Halo 3. An expansion that borders on being a fully-fledged game of its own.

However...the voice acting for Lockdown is atrocious. I mean, look at the two TV spots for AOE where Lockdown spoke. He sounds completely awesome in those, both in voice and in quality of acting. But both turned to scrap in ROTDS. In addition, the Earth-based part of the game doesn't seem to fit into AOE's premise at all. The Earth-based part is almost certainly an alternate universe from the movie and not part of the mainline movie canon. But I'd have to see AOE to confirm that.

As for the Cybertron-based part, it supposedly takes place before and during FOC, and while there is absolutely nothing that makes it impossible to understand how this fits in, a few pointers to tell us which parts of ROTDS correspond to which parts of FOC would be nice.

Also, the game missed some opportunities, at least in my opinion. The levels where you play as Swindle would have been better done as Onslaught. We've already been Swindle plenty, in FOC. On the bright side, Shockwave and Sharpshot are playable. Both look very fun to use.

Overall I need to see the rest of the game before deciding on whether or not to buy it. But either way, I'm definitely gonna wait for the price to drop.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

The voyager Optimus Prime seems to be the anniversary mold that Takara mentioned given that the cab-over alt mode is more modernized. I don't like the proportions on it (Trukk Munkey). I guess Hasbro is trying to push Hot Shot into the Tracks colorscheme now since Bumblebee owns yellow again, plus the mold did make sense based on P:RID Hot Shot.

Power Battlers has some interesting things especially since

Galvatron is sporting a massive chest blaster

. The one step changers also has a neat choice of figures

Lockdown's pet is apparently called Steeljaw and has a most likely toy-exclusive robot mode. The Sonic Rally is also called Rollbar here as well just like the new set but I doubt it's anything but a car in the movie.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

Saw Age of Extinction earlier today. I can sum it up in one word. Amazing.

The movie is loaded with robots. I think this time they actually managed to make more scenes with robots present than without. The human cast isn't annoying now, and all the crude humor is gone. There's different humor now, some good, some bad. For a comparison, take the dog humping scene in ROTF and compare it to this.

Cade: (Steps into barn, intending for Lucas to follow) Lock the door.

Lucas: (Steps in and closes door with a confused expression) It doesn't have a lock...

The jokes range from chuckle-worthy to no reaction at all. Never once do they cross into "ugh, why is this even here" territory.

The Autobots definitely have more emotion and character this time around. Optimus is actually very relatable throughout the movie. Obviously none of us have experienced being hunted down, but what he is feeling is clear, and most of us can probably sympathize or empathize with that.

The action is nothing short of amazing. Can't say much more than that, you've got to see it yourself.

The plot definitely has more depth now, taking influences from G1 and Animated in some areas, and completely surprising you with things created exclusively for the movie in others. It sets the stage well for Transformers 5, which is coming in...2016 or 2017. They haven't been very clear on that matter, but due to the movie's plot there has to be a fifth installment.

AOE took out what I didn't like about the first three movies, improved what I did like, and threw in plenty of new twists along the way. (A Dinobot pushes my top 5 list of movies one space over and burps AOE, placing it in first)

If you hated the first three, don't expect this to satisfy. But if you liked them to a point, or loved them like I did, AOE delivers.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I honestly can't believe how some people can like AoE. It was kind of an insult to the rest of the movie franchise and the rest of the Transformers franchise as well.

At the risk of sounding like someone who believes they were born in the wrong generation AoE on its own was just terrible. They don't even call them the Dinobots nor do they name them. They don't speak, they show up way too late and feel like a Deus Ex Machina and steeds rather than soldiers on their own.

Galvatron looks generic and could be a regular goon. The conflict between Bee and Stinger could have been a lot better but since all of the generic robots look like him you can't even tell if Stinger died yet until the short scene where Bee says he hates knock offs.

Optimus' new look makes him look like he has a very gifted chest area and his new attitude makes him act like an angsty teenager. 

The movie drags on and when the Dinobots were rampaging through the city I was already tired and worn out from the last two hours. 

Don't watch it, watch 22 Jump Street or Edge of Tomorrow instead. 

AΨ 94

I honestly can't believe how some people can like AoE. It was kind of an insult to the rest of the movie franchise and the rest of the Transformers franchise as well.

It had something akin to a continuitive story and was referencing some pretty well liked TF material. It's certainly not what I would consider a great movie, but it's going somewhere. That's more than the other movies had. You could just end it after any one of those three and not have much of any unfinished plot. That's not really a good thing for a trilogy.

And as for saying it's an insult to the rest of the TF brand... Have you watched the G1 cartoon? It's basically a glorified commercial. Yes it's got some cool stuff in it, but it's not great. In fact, it seems to be recently where the media is more than just commercials (in disguise). But I think most people say that the Bayverse in general is an insult to the TF brand. Which may or may not be true. 

At the risk of sounding like someone who believes they were born in the wrong generation AoE on its own was just terrible. They don't even call them the Dinobots nor do they name them. They don't speak, they show up way too late and feel like a Deus Ex Machina and steeds rather than soldiers on their own.

But wasn't that kind of the point? It appears that most of this movie was setting up the plot for the next two. They weren't in there much but it's established that they're now a thing and a very important thing at that. It's not like the Jetfire thing where Optimus just got some armor because of cool factor. They, like, have some significance to do with what is going to happen.

And they have been named. Plus they're Dinosaur robots. Doesn't get much more self explanatory than that. Anyone who knows anything about TF knows this already, anyone who doesn't likely won't know the significance. 

Galvatron looks generic and could be a regular goon. The conflict between Bee and Stinger could have been a lot better but since all of the generic robots look like him you can't even tell if Stinger died yet until the short scene where Bee says he hates knock offs.

Galvatron appears to take design cues from his RID form. And since he was basically Nemisis Prime It's not surprising that he looks the way he does. Not my favorite Galvatron, but whatever. I'll give you the Bee and stinger one. But it wasn't inherantly important either.

Optimus' new look makes him look like he has a very gifted chest area and his new attitude makes him act like an angsty teenager.

I'm gonna say that that's pushing it a little. I'm guessing he's supposed to look like a knight. But I'm not sure how well they accomplished that.

And he's kind of ticked. I mean, the humans are trying to kill him. That kind of sucks. I'd be a bit more shocked if he was okay with that...

The movie drags on and when the Dinobots were rampaging through the city I was already tired and worn out from the last two hours.

This is what happens when you have to set up a plot while working on top of movies that don't have much of one. And it's not like half of the movie could have been cut out with little to no consequence like the last two. I didn't notice a whole lot of time dedicated to just human stuff either.

Don't watch it, watch 22 Jump Street or Edge of Tomorrow instead.

Edge of tomorrow could be interesting. There is nothing that makes me want to see 22 Jump st.

Edited by ~Shockwave~

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I just recently watched last episodes of Beast Wars and in the end it was too good show. It started weakly with cheap-looking CGI-animation, annoying characters and plots like Terrorsaurus and Scorponok who were just very stupid. During the course of the show the animation got better and storylines got very interesting. God-like Predacon Megatron was great villain and he was great threat to continuum of the transformers universe when he wanted to kill Optimus Prime in the Ark. After annoying first season it was fun to watch and it is best Transformers tv show that I have seen (I have only seen Beast Wars and Armada).

You know what confuses me the most in the G1 series?

In 1984, Megatron built the Consturticons to bolstered the Decepticons forces on Earth. According to Omega Supreme, the Constructicons had already existed (before the Autobot crew left Cybertron) and Megatron reprogrammed them in Decepticons. But when Rodimus Prime entered the Matrix of Leadership, he discovered that the Constructicons (all 8 of them) built Megatron.

Like whut?

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif