Why Is There So Much Ep In The Great Spirit Robot?

I always figured they "commandeered" what other had already taken out so they couldn't mess things up further with it. :shrugs: Not a canon answer though as far as I know. But it is dangerous stuff; it makes sense they wouldn't want the rather careless people of their planet to have it sitting around. And I'm not aware, as far as I recall, of the Glat/etc. still having any by the time of 2009 story.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well, the EP amounts present on Mata Nui and in the tunnels below it was all used for the robot's camouflage system. As for the rest, we know it was used on some occasions to create Rahi and to experiment upon. Possibly that was the reason it was put there in the first place.In addition, remember that Liquid and Solid Protodermis are a synthetic version of Energized Protodermis. Maybe the GBs put EP there to allow Mata Nui or the MU inhabitants (though the latter seems unlikely, since they knew little about EP) to produce "ordinary" protodermis if needed.

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing

This is what I found on the EP BS01 page:

After noticing that Energized Protodermis was destroying the planet, the Great Beings began constructing the Mata Nui robot, and placed some of the substance inside, using it to stabilize the power source of the robot.

I guess that answers the question, right?

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

This is what I found on the EP BS01 page:

After noticing that Energized Protodermis was destroying the planet, the Great Beings began constructing the Mata Nui robot, and placed some of the substance inside, using it to stabilize the power source of the robot.

I guess that answers the question, right?
They needed a certain amount of EP in the robot to do , but not that much, and not in areas that had nothing to do with the robot's power supply. @bones: GBs stealing EP from Vulcanus? Hard. After all, these guys just fought a war over this stuff, they are going to guard those barrels of it like the plague.