Whispers

a goose

I warn you in advance, this story will make absolutely no sense whatsoever to you unless you have read my epic, Shadows. Therefore, the only people likely to enjoy/understand this are that small group of fans who follow my epics.I mean this, seriously. But don't read the last chapter of Shadows. It's an embarrasment to me. I prefer to pretend that it never happened.But, if you have read the parts of Shadows necessary to understand this, then enjoy, as the identitiy of the Volitak-wearing Matoran who was, for a short while, in my avatar's identity is revealed:whispers.pngEntry One:I will not begin this journal with anything other than an introduction.I am a Ko-Matoran, archaeologist, and all-around intelligent character. My mask is the Kanohi Volitak, the Mask of Stealth. I live in Ko-Koro, the village of Ice, like every other Ko-Matoran.But I am not like them.I hear whispers. They tell of a past, of a great city, of a people betrayed. I cannot understand all that these whispers tell me, but I know that the other Matoran do not hear them. They blow on the wind, they whistle through the icicles, wherever I go, so too do they. Some would see them as a sign of madness. But me, I see them as a gift. I know things others do not.Today, I went to the Turaga. I told him of the whispers. He did not seem happy. He sent me away, told me not to speak of them to the others. The Turaga have a secret. That secret lies in the whispers. I am sure of it. There is nothing they can do to stop me. One day, I shall discover their secrets. One day, I will prove to them that I am more powerful than they will ever be.- - -Entry Two:The Toa entered the Kini-Nui, and emerged victorious. But a new evil emerged with them: The Bohrok.I do not know what these creatures are, but I remember that the whispers mentioned them. The whispers told me that they are not what they seem to be, that they have a job greater than this. They told me that the Bohrok mean us no harm.The others do not believe me. Today, I walked out in front of one of them. They simply walked past me, not caring at all for me. The other Matoran still do not believe me. They are fools. They will see. When the Toa vanquish the Bohrok, another evil will come. These Toa, they are not the heroes everyone seems to think they are. For every evil they destroy, another will be born. The others hate me for saying this. I have no doubt that they are on the verge of banishing me.- - -Entry Three:Okay, I’ll admit, the Toa got it right this time. The Bohrok are gone, as are the Kal. The Toa did it right. I suppose my bitterness comes from the fact that, well, to be honest, no-one really seems to like me all that much. The other Ko-Matoran don’t like me, nor do any of the others. Even the Turaga try to look away when I’m nearby. I hear people, talking:‘Stay away from him. He’s not like us. He’s not... normal.’I hate them for putting me through this. The Toa don’t treat me like that, though. True, they barely notice me, but that’s better than avoiding me.With the Makuta finally gone, perhaps we can live in peace once more.- - -Entry Four:Jaller, a Ta-Matoran, has been chosen as the ‘Herald of the Seventh Toa’. Takua the Chronicler has left with him.I am not a big fan of sport, but I had a strange feeling that I should go to the Kolhii match in Ta-Koro. I cannot explain it, it was just like I was... supposed to.The whispers are louder here. Much, much louder. I could almost follow them.Yes... I will follow them. If I find their source, then that means I’m not mad. That means that I can show everyone that I’m just as sane as they are.I have decided: Tonight, I will follow the whispers. I will find where they come from. I will prove to myself and to everyone else that I am not insane.- - -Entry Five:I am dead.It’s not quite what I was expecting, to be honest.You see, while I was in Ta-Koro, Rahkshi attacked, and sank the village, myself included. I saw something, right before it sank, but I didn’t quite manage to recognise it. I reached out and grabbed it, and then everything went blank.If you’re wondering why I’m still writing this, it’s because I was ‘saved’.Y’see, it turns out, I was ‘chosen’ alongside five other people. None of them seemed very special. Except one, he was all black and silver, and seemed kind of shifty, like he was up to something. I was talking to them, and they all heard the whispers as well.The person who chose us (we didn’t actually get to see him) called us ‘Time-Keepers’. He said something about a ‘Key of Time’, which had the power to alter the flow of time. Very interesting.The shifty one, he kept glancing at it. We were told that we weren’t allowed to look at it, though, so there’s a sphere that it’s kept in, on top of a Suva.- - -Entry Six:Something is different. I know that I was changed somehow when I was brought back, but the thing I touched... I think it’s affecting me. I think it might have been a Kanohi, but I’m not entirely sure.I feel different. I have random bursts of anger, often followed by paranoia that can last for days. The others are trying to stay away from me, except for the shifty one. He’s just keeping his distance, and watching me, like he knows something I don’t.I don’t like the shifty one.I was talking to another one of them (she seems nice), and she suggested that I do some research into it.Y’see, we’re not in the normal universe anymore. Apparently, we’re in some kind of city, that exists outside of time. Although time flows here, it flows differently from in the normal universe.This isn’t like Mata-Nui.- - -Entry Seven:I’ve found out what’s wrong.Turns out, there’s an entire library here. I had to spend quite a while searching before I found what I needed.It turns out, what I found was some kind of cursed mask. The wearer will slowly be turned into a monster, and lose themselves.I hadn’t heard of this mask before, and I can’t recall its name, but I know what I have to do.You see, the shifty one, he offered to help me, and it was him who found this book. Apparently, there is one thing that can reverse the mutation.More on that next entry. Someone’s nearby.- - -Entry Eight:As I was saying last entry, I will completely lose myself to this mask, unless I use the cure. As it turns out, there is one thing that can save me:The Key of Time.So I’m going to get it. Tonight, while everyone else is asleep, I’m going to sneak into the chamber, and open the sphere. If I can get to the Key, I can survive. I know it seems terrible, but at least if anyone finds this, you’ll know why I tried to steal it. I’m not a traitor. I’m not evil. In fact, I’m doing all I can to prevent myself becoming evil.I am Vorex. And I will fight, I will fight until my last breath, to keep it that way.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

...Oh it's Vorex. Thought it was something else.Anyway, how does he keep his journal even after he 'sort-of' dies?

He still has the journal. It was on his person at the time, so it was brought with him.And why wouldn't it have been Vorex? (BTW, how far did you get before you began to suspect his identity?)

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Well well, he was ol' Jetpack Face after all.But now I'm wondering who The Shifty One was. Was it the BOOMtoran from Shadows? And the Nice One, who I assumed at first was Nikarra, but she's never really been a very nice person in the RPGs.As for the story itself, it was short, like a single chapter of one of your epics, but sweet. It definitely builds on the world you present in your epics.

Vorex grabs the key, turns into that thing, and goes to that cave somehow.PLOT HOLE DESTROYED

Em...Listen, I guess you haven't read the epic. Spoiler ahead:

In Shadows, it's revealed that Vorex tried to steal the key, but it was split into six pieces and one was given to each of the Time-Keepers.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]