Mol Strife! Part 2: Takanuva

Soaring Strawberry

Here is the second part of my project, featuring Takanuva, Toa of Light! The first half can be found here.As I've mentioned before, these will be printed and brought to some of the lego conventions this year!oh, and this mask came out so much better than Makuta's! but I have to say, it was my first time drawing a Bionicle villain, and years ago I did an analytic drawing of Takanuva's mask, including all these color coded guidelines.The masterpiece!As a bonus here's some lineart of the piece pre-coloring.I hope you enjoy it!Part 1Both parts togetherA neat image for your Time Line!and a neat one for your Signature!versus_timeline_banner_small.png

[url][img=http://www.majhost.com/gallery/the-girl-next-door/Widgets/versus_timeline_banner_small.png]
Umm... I haven't figured out the coding to link an image yet with code, at least here. So for now, just give credit if you use it! Edited by Gali Nuva Girl

:kaukau: I really like this, especially how the texture gives a slight impression of scratches, which the Avohki had in the movie for sake of detail and texture. The close-up also gives a great impression of personality and drama. The only thing that could use some changing is the angle of the one eye, which is a little askew.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

@ Kraggh: Huh... that one eye is off a little bit...

I'm glad you like it! I'm particularly happy that the texture effect isn't as overbearing as it is w/ *Makuta,* Also, his mask actually looks gold!!! *was afraid it would look a weird yellow orange*

Amazing!It interests me how you made that background blue, so that you could color it in with the computer, and in fact, the coloring worked out great! The gold color has a lot more oomph than the gold in the movie.The only thing is that the mouth seems kind of out of place... not exactly the same style as the rest of the piece.I hope to see more of your art in the future.-Dwanny

@ Dwanny: I know, the coloring is just so cool! I eventually added a gradient so that one edge would be green -that way there would be a transition to the other piece, as they are supposed to be next to each other. and the gold was going back and forth between red and orange and yellow, with red for more shadow and yellow for more light, and orange to help even out the colors. As far as the mouth goes, I know I was considering doing the mouth across the whole area like in the movie mask, but it looked awkward. I'll be honest, the mouth is one area I tend to not be as creative with, but I'm going to start working on that for the future! However, if you come up with a really creative way to tie the mouth in here, let me know and I'll try it!

Wow! it looks amazing! even better than i expected! horrendously boudacious! incredibly well executed! more compliments!*admire, praise, admire*But no, seriously, it looks incredible. i a thoroughly impressed.If i could, i would hang it up over my bed.I loved MoL, so this is a really great thing you've made.

Yay! Also, once I figure out how big a timeline banner is, I'll make it the right size for other people to use, too! The movie was neat, but there were also other parts that were neat -it was when I started to pay more attention to animation, and I went to the San Diego comic con for the first time the year it came out, and i had just joined BZP in january. Overall that was one fun year of my life.