First of all, not every source says that Karda Nui is in the robot's stomach. Some images and diagrams place it in the torso region (check this BS01 page for confirmation, though the actual image hasn't been uploaded back on the site yet).However, I would say that is merely artistic licence and place it, like you said, in the stomach region. A possible explanation (which however hasn't been confirmed by canon sources) is that, being the Southern Continent a vital area of the robot (Pridak mentions it in the City of the Lost prologue and given that a good part of the MU Matoran population lived there it is fairly believable), placing Karda Nui under it would allow the power produced there to be transmitted more efficiently to the continent (so far, the only thing we know it does is power lightstones, but there could be other uses).

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing

Because the belly is the center and therefore can transfer energy equally and lessens the resistance in the feet. Think about it this way. A power plant powers a region. Where in the region is the power plant located? However, in people, the heart is higher up because then gravity can assist the heart more.

Edited by Chaos Dralcax

aouROFb.png

Because the belly is the center and therefore can transfer energy equally and lessens the resistance in the feet. Think about it this way. A power plant powers a region. Where in the region is the power plant located? However, in people, the heart is higher up because then gravity can assist the heart more.

And since Mata Nui floats around in space, he can't always rely on a constant downward gravity force. Makes sense to me.

banner.jpg

What are you talking about? Hearts have always been in human stomachs, as illustrated in my detailed representation of the human body.human_body.pngLay all jokes aside, most of what people have said above is most likely true. Also, might I place a simple question of "When has BIONICLE followed human anatomy?" :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Bionicle more often referred to Karda Nui as the core of the universe. And despite "Karda" coming from the word heart, "core" means central part. It then stands to reason that the core within Mata Nui would be around the "belly" as you put it - right around the central area of the colossal robot.-Ced

well my best example why is this.Look at invader zim, he was on one episode where he found out that the school had check ups. knowing that if he did not have proper human organs so he started taking organs from his classmates and replacing their organs with objects. and what started this was he started talking about the human organs and how his were superior, then he is hit by a dodgeball and he says " Augh! My squeedly-spooch!"so to summarize aliens and by default mata-nui would have different organ locations. heck even fish and other animals most likely have different organ placementslong live the Irken Empire

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Exactly. The two situations aren't exactly comparable. And this is a lesson you can apply far and wide in Bionicle and a lot of other fiction -- don't just assume superficially that two things must be identical, especially when there's no reason to.There's no "supposed to" or "awkward." :) Just different. You seem to imply that you think the essential definition of "heart" is "organ located in the chest", but really the essential definition (in us) is "blood pump." The location is not necessarily part of the definition. If someone did have a mutation that put the heart in the foot for example, they still might survive. Less ideal in our case, but that wouldn't change that the pump is the heart.(Of course, "blood pump" isn't even the definition in Mata Nui's case, so yeah...) Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)