Alien Conquest

avmatoran

IC:

Vigil pointed the gun in his hand at the control to the collar and fired a shot, disabling it, he then started to run as fast as he could, in a attempt to link up with other ADU forces, well this was a horrible plan. Once Vigil was a fair distance away from where he was held, he started to look for a way back to any ADU Armory.

IC: Hirion

The Clinger jumped out of the building and his body fell splat on the ground. Hirion reformed his body and pulled out his laser rifle. He looked for vigil and saw he was still in the forcefield. He set it on shock and started firing at Vigil with it. More Troopers came to assist Hirion, and several Small UFOs hovered above the rogue hostage.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Vigil fell to the ground, and Hirion left the Troopers to get him. He turned around, and was walking back to the building where all of the other hostages were when Certorca contacted him. He responded, "Very good. We need all the help we can get."

Another hostage dropped to the ground, dead. Hirion looked at the camera and said, "Your move, humans."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Cer approached the forcefield, only to see Vigil being hauled away by a bunch of Troopers, unconscious. Cer wasn't sure whether she could get though the forcefield, even while intangible, so she headed up to the top of the building, the better to see any prisoners escaping.

"Cer to Hirion. I'm up on top of your hostage holding place, near the top of the building. Can I get through this forcefield?"

"Err... technically, yes. All the forcefield does is slow down the speed of objects entering it drastically, but it would take you a while to get through it. I'll open up a hole." Hirion oozed up the stairs, and went over to the forcefield projector. He unclipped a small gun of sorts and fired it at the top. A small hole opened up for Certorca to fly through.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: If it doesn't, I can take it out. d:

IC: Micheal was in his survailance room, thinking about the hostage situation. He found a cctv camera in the building, took 2 seconds to hack it. What he saw was not good. Grimly he decided to test his new invention.

The Grapplazertron 500.

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

OOC:

Gears, you are not going to free the hostages by yourself. The security is at maximum. Also, there aren't any cameras asides from the aliens in the building. Everyone can see what is happening when it is turned on every five minutes, so your character doesn't need to hack anything.

The Clinger stood on top of the building, admiring all of the defenses. A disruptor cannon turret, several Small UFOs, several Tripods, even a couple of Large UFOs. On the ground were many Troopers, all holding rifles and grenades. No human would enter and exit alive.

A Trooper came up and said, "Time Hirion." Hirion strode downstairs in his Orion body. Seven hostages were left. All were ADU soldiers. Vigil lay unconscious. Hirion grabbed one of the soldiers, and put his gun to their head. He fired it.

Hirion looked at the camera and said, "Six hostages left humans. You have still yet to destroy any TITAN. I thought killing civilians would prompt you into action. They did not sign up to die. They were trying to live. They were not soldiers and you let them die."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: I was going to give it to someone, also, sorry I am sorta new to this rpg. Also pm for mor info in device/if you want it(humans only)

IC: He picked it up and decided to find someone to give it too, someone that could use it.

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........

OOC:

Okay then. You want to give it to Zakaro's character Blaze, because he is the only ADU that you can. av's Dr. Cyborg is the leader, so no combat for him. Nanosuit's Vigil has been captured by Hirion. Blaze is currently in Armory Zeta. Michael would know about him because he was one of five beta testers for TITAN armor. Also, since metagaming is banned in this RPG, you can say what the weapon does. It would be nice to know when someone fires it at me. :P No IC because nothing has happened to affect Hirion.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Micheal decided to give it to Blaze, as he was the only guy around.

He began to walk to Armory Zeta, and though about how to explain how it used lazers as a grappler and could pull a grown man across a hallway as well as stun and kill foes.

OC: Zakaro, are you ready for my epic weapon?

3018587.png

IC: Micheal walked into the armory and saw blaze. He walked over to him and said "take this, it's dangerous to go alone" then though I always wanted to do that.

3018587.png

OOC:Sorry, bit of writer's block. I'm running this, playing the LURPG, and writing a fan-fic. I'll at least resolve the Hostage Crisis, though I can't promise I'll provide a jump-off point right now.

IC:Dr. Cyborg walked into the garage. The re-fitted Mobile Defense HQ with the shield restrictor and missiles was ready to roll. Unfortunately, it had messed up at the last moment, but it was finally ready. The troop squads were loaded up in the extended troop section. He climbed into the cabin and started the engine, steering it towards the building.

They had reached the stretch of road leading up to the shield. Dr. Cyborg activated the first four missiles. They fired at the shield, and when they had almost reached it, a stream of orange lightning fired from the front of each one, striking the shield. A hole formed long enough for the missiles to enter the shield.

While the missiles entered and blew up, a black dome on the front of the MDHQ fired multiple beams of orange lightning at the shield, creating a hole large enough for the vehicle. It entered and stopped. Everyone off-loaded, including the two free TITAN-bearers.

"Teams A-C, go for the shield generators, Teams D-G go for the hostages, Teams H-J guard the vehicle. Elizabeth, go with the generator teams, Blaze, go with the hostage teams. I'll (OOC: eventually) get the Clinger!" The teams dispersed.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

The Clinger shot one of the hostages in pure rage, killing him. Hirion then turned, and in morion, shot every one of the hostages. Except for one, actually. Vigil. A Trooper moved over to shoot the former TITAN bearer, but Hirion held up his hand.

"Do not kill him. It would not be honorful. Plus, I will try to extract some data from him. All of the ADU have mental shields." The ancient being turned to the camera and pointed at the dead bodies. He said, "Don't say I didn't warn you this would happen!"

He looked at a Cyborg and said, "Mobilize all Small UFOs to protect this building. All that matters is me extracting data from Vigil and fleeing. We are out of our hostages. We have no more leverage with the humans. Launch an assault on the Mobile HQ. Oh, and fire the disruptor turret at any thing that gets close. Try to get it to disintegrate the Mobile HQ."

Hirion stood at Vigil, who lay unconscious. Hirion's goo body shrunk back into the Orion seed and the Clinger moved over to the head of Vigil. He wrapped his tentacles around his head, and then plunged deep into Vigil's mind.

The mental shields were weakened by the fact that Vigil was incapacitated, but were still strong. Hirion slammed his astral form's tentacles into the wall repeatedly, breaking a small hole in the wall. The astral form leapt inside of it.

The memories of Vigil manifested themselves as endless rows of filing cabinets, filled to the brim with stuffed folders. Hirion thought about what he was looking for and then found himself in front of a cabinet.

With great force and effort, Hirion opened up the cabinet. He pulled out one file, which was the heaviest thing he had ever lifted, and absorbed it into himself. The Clinger smiled. He had absorbed some secrets of ADU.

Hirion wrenched himself back into the real world. His body was sweating, and felt very, very weak. The effort of extracting the memories had been the hardest thing he had ever done. A Trooper picked him up and started to hold the Clinger. Normally Hirion would have objected, but he was much, much too weak.

Hirion croaked, "Get the disruptor turret and the generator and get out of here. We can't let the humans get them, and there is no reason to stay here. Spare Vigil's life. He is a great combatant. I have honor."

OOC:

So a couple of things: One, I hope that doing what I did is okay. I extracted memories, but it obviously took a lot out of Hirion. Two, Can I still destroy minds completely? I mean, here is a comparison. Memory extracting is like carefully sneaking into a building and removing all of the files from the cabinets. Destroying a mind is blowing the building up. Three, The first profile, Squishy Frog/sukapony's, has a mention of Blacktron. What would be the status of that in game?

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC:

Your extraction is okay, but utterly destroy minds, that is not exactly great, think of it like this, to utterly destroy a building you will need a lot of firepower, and unless the security of the building is dirt cheap, they walk in, think of it this way, the mental barriers are security guards, if they see you trying to blow the building up, they will attack you.

OOC:

Yeah, I know it is really overpowered. But by bomb, I meant it more in the 'fly planes over head and drop bombs on it'. Extraction requires more skill, but destruction more effort. Seeing as how this is mental, that is sort of flipped, but I am just waiting for avmatoran to comment on this.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Blaze (Zeta)

"KThanksGottaGoNowHere'sARadioFrequencyToTellMeWhatTheHeckThisIsSoYeahBai"

The TITAN armored ADU grabbed the weapon, connecting it onto an open slot on his belt. He then got on the MDHQ, and once the doors opened, he shot out along with the teams he was told to go with.

"Come on now, let's GO GO GO!"

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

The Clinger stood at the bottom of the stairs. The forcefield was gone, and Vigil was laying in the middle of the room, strapped with explosives. Across the room were lasers, all rigged to blow up Vigil if their paths were crossed. There were many ways to Vigil, but all required skill.

The Pilot carrying Hirion climbed into the Small UFO. Large UFOs had picked up the forcefield generator and the disruptor turret. All of the aliens were getting in their vehicles and preparing to leave. Hirion smiled. The mission had not been a total failure.

The aliens had gained some valuable information from Vigil's mind, and the aliens had killed several ADU soldiers and all of the hostages that remained in the city. There had been several successes. It was important to remain optimistic in situations like this.

Hirion activated his Orion seed and formed a small 'bed' of goo on the Pilot's lap. He lay down on it, and close his one eye. He quickly fell asleep. Extracting the data had drained a lot out of Hirion. The mental shields were very hard to break through.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Cer ran back to her ship, and took off. A bunch of missiles crashed into the building, rocking it below. She grabbed her ship and started firing at the TITAN bearers and the MDHQ down below, but as she suspected, it was useless. Well, okay, some minor damage, but nothing serious. It would take an entire fleet of UFOs like Cer's to even pose a threat, much less bring down the thing.

Back to information gathering, again.Those humans always seem to be ahead of us.

Cer heard through her ship's speaker that Hirion was down. He had done something with his mind that weakened him. Cer hoped that the damage wasn't permanent. Her earpiece buzzed with the efforts of the humans to try to solve the puzzle that Vigil was trapped in. Cer stopped, hiding in a nearby building, and put a schematic of the scene on the screen.

Cer watched the scene in silence. Part of her felt a bit of sadistic joy in the completion of an operation, no matter how bad. Yes, they had tortured Vigil. But it wasn't enough, Cer noted, carefully playing through the film footage of Vigil and Hirion. Vigil was suicidal, almost. Killing him would be a victory for him of his own right. And Cer noted that her theory on the human's compassion didn't match up with the reaction to the hostage takeover. They had been willing to sacrifice all the hostages in order to avoid being controlled.

Except...there is one thing Hirion didn't try. He didn't kill Vigil.

But then again, that wouldn't work either. There were too many ways that could backfire. Another failure. That's what I get for thinking for myself. But then again, this wasn't her failure, really. This was Hirion's.

Cer turned back to the footage of the humans, still discussing on how to break Vigil from his trap. The only question is, what do I do now?

IC:

Vigil jolted back up in pain when Hirion tried to extract information from him, once Hirion had managed to obtain information from him, Vigil tried his best to evict Hirion, but he failed to prevent Hirion from gather some information, that was not good. When Vigil woke up he noticed the dead hostages, and the explosives strapped onto him, Vigil then saw the triggers to the bombs, he looked at them and then at the dead hostages. Vigil was calm, it meant the ADU did not comply in the destruction of the TITAN Suits, worthy sacrifices, anything is a worthy sacrifice to prevent the alien victory. When we hunt, we kill, No alien is safe, Nothing is sacred, We are the ADU, we will hold the last line of defense, We will burn our own to hold the line; for it is the last line to ever hold!

OOC:Ok that was lame of me to use a edited quote from Prototype

IC: Micheal then walked around worried about the hostages. He then, using the frequency "When you're out of the MDHQ, aim at a building and fire. It should send you at it and allow you to get a vantage point to get closer"

3018587.png

• 2 weeks later...

Zaxis was carrying Hirion now. The former criminal lord couldn't even remember what had been happening to him in the past few minutes, but it would come back to him. It always did. He could remember nearly everything. It was both a blessing and a curse.

Hirion's only friend laid him down on a small bed in the cyborg's room. Hirion curled up, and went to sleep. If Hirion hadn't been so exhausted, he would have protested. He was the largest criminal mastermind his race had ever seen. He deserved better than this.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Cer considered her options. She could go back to base and await further orders, or try to stop the humans from freeing Vigil. Neither option pleased her. Why do I always get myself into these situations?

Cer watched the screen. She heard Hypaaxus asking questions about the mission, trying to decide whether the mission was a success or failure - after all, they did get valuable intel on the humans, drew out their creative potential, and trap one of their best operatives. Further, they had all the main human operatives exactly where they wanted them. The distraction also allowed Cer to plant her wire...Hypaaxus seemed to be agreeing with this. It was a success - Hirion would not be punished. Which was good, because Cer hoped he had another plan.

Cer imagined, just for a second, going back to the trap site and blowing the bombs, killing all the people there. But Cer knew that they would see her coming, and retreat into the MDHQ. If the TITAN armor didn't protect them from the explosion already. But concern over Vigil would keep them from attacking her for the time being.

Cer laid down on the floor of her ship. The floor was hard, but for a second it felt soft, and then Cer ignored it. Through the glass and metal wreckage above, Cer could see a few stars. It was beautiful. She heard aliens discussing on how to defeat the MDHQ, comparing notes and running analysis. She heard that Hirion was back in his quarters, resting, and Hypaaxus wanting a status as to when he would be ready for action again.

She heard humans, still discussing Vigil's trap.

I am very, very tired.

Cer fell asleep, the world still buzzing in her ears.

• 3 weeks later...

OOC:

Well this RP is starting to seem rather dead

IC:

Vigil continued to look around the room he was waiting for the ADU to come and defuse the bombs that were on him. As Vigil looked around he also swore that if he ever found those two aliens again, he would terminate them with extreme prejudice, Vigil was enraged by the actions of the aliens, they clearly are not following the rules of war, thus it means there is no reason for the ADU to follow those rules either.

OOC: Yeah, there's just not enough interest in this over the others.. :/

Feh.

IC: Blaze (Battle)

The TITAN-armored ADU murmured a confirmation to Micheal, doing as the other had said. The weapon shot, attached, and pulled part of a building back towards Blaze. He just dropped it and put the gun back into his belt, radioing Micheal the results and noting it was probably due to structure weakness.

The ADU next entered the building, quickly leading a group though by scanning the rooms ahead for traps until he reached Vigil's room, which he stopped at the door of. With his increased strength from the suit, Blaze pulled the door off it's hinges and placed it by the side, motioning for the squad behind him to stay there and not enter, no matter what.

"Hold on Vigil, give me a second to find the best path."

Scanning room... Generating Best Path...

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC:

Vigil saw Blaze coming, and once he heard what Blaze said, Vigil replied "Understood" Vigil then looked at the corpses and then he said "Blaze, once I am free, I will need weapons and armours, and I suggest we no longer follow any rules of war, if we have any sort of advantage use it, we have held back on out firepower, thus we are losing this war." Vigil was thinking that the ADU should deploy chemical and biological weapons, if the aliens did not follow the laws of war, then why should the ADU.

OOC:

I just want to say this because I think it is pretty important. The aliens don't have the same laws of war as the humans, even if they do have them. Which they probably don't.

Hirion's reaction: 'You have rules of war? Well, you're awfully civilized.'

Hirion got up, slightly wobbling. He started to walk forward, on his tentacles. He was searching for someone to tell the information he had gleaned from Vigil's mind. There was no one around. Not even Zaxis. Which was strange because-

Wait, why was Hirion in Zaxis's room? And why was he standing on a ... dog bed? Hirion was a great criminal warlord. He deserved better than this! He left the room, complaining to himself. He walked along the hallways, until he reached a control room.

Hirion climbed up onto a cyborg, took him over and plugged into a computer terminal. Ah, cyborgs. The perfect link between a mind and a computer.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC:

I understand that, I am just writing it from the ADU point of view, and I assume minifigures have about the same rules on war as we humans have, and the rules of law restrict the use of certain weapons and actions, but when you are fighting aliens who show disregard for those rules, you should no longer follow them. You should use every advantage available to ensure survival, and minimize friendly casualties while maximizing hostile casualties. In unrelated information, I have just bought X-Com is also about a organization fighting against aliens for mankind's survival.

IC: Blaze (Hostage Building)

Route plotted. Auto-pilot to destination?

"Yes."

The suit activated, sending Blake flying across the room with precise turns and movements until he reached Vigil. Breaking him free with the various tools at the suit's disposal, he picked up the other ADU and flew back to the entrance, carrying Vigil the whole way. Upon landing, Blaze set the other down while giving the troop at the door a quick order.

"Do NOT enter this room until the building is clear. After that I'll detonate it, or the bomb squad will come in. Confirmation?"

"Siryessir!"

"Good."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC:

"Thank you, the help was much appreciated, now, if you have a spare gun on you, I would appreciate that you hand it over to me." Vigil said calmly, he then said "I need to get back into the fight as soon as possible." Vigil was determined to make sure the aliens paid dearly for what they had done in the building, the execution of civilians and POW's was barbaric and senseless.

OOC:

Nanosuit, I realized this: ADU knows the aliens have different rules of war than the humans. They should understand that the aliens may very well be following their own rules of war in which taking and killing captives is perfectly legal. Maybe to the aliens, using TITAN broke one of their rules of war, and since the rules of war have been broken by the ADU first, the aliens don't need to follow them. The ADU knows they have different rules of war than the aliens, so they shouldn't get mad when their own rules are broken.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: "Certorca!" The alien blinked. "Pilot Certorca, come in please!" Cer stumbled up to her console, only to remember that there was an earpiece in her ear. She grumbled groggily. "Yes?"

"The ADU have freed Vigil."

"Well, no duh. Do you have any intel on the MDHQ?"

"No."

"Do I have to do everything myself?" Cer said. "A pilot needs some sleep."

"You're the closest ship."

"I'm going back to bed." Cer murmured. "Call me when you have a real mission."

• 3 weeks later...

OOC:

Nanosuit, you know what I just realized? Vigil is acting incredibly stupid. ADU has broken their own rules of war. Since when is blowing up hundreds of babies even remotely ethical? And that is exactly what the ADU did when the blew up the Breeding Pit. So he is going on and on about how the aliens took captives, while he has killed hundreds of the alien's children.

The Clinger ambled about, stumbling on the legs of his cyborg. He was trying to find someone to start a mission with. Then, Zaxis came up to him. "You got a mission. Activate a bio-weapon Armory Lambda, as the humans call it. They killed our children in the Breeding Pits."

The Clinger started to walk around the bomb, and then surrounded his body in Orion gel. He grabbed the bomb and started to walk towards the ship.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC:Plus, as the aliens aren't human, the rules of war don't apply to our fight with them. Basically, short of the worst you can think of, anything goes. So far.

Don't worry, I have abandoned this, I'm just trying to think of how to keep it going and start adding in other stuff.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

IC: Cer awoke. It looked like it was back to the Armory Alpha for more information. Cer didn't want to do it. Her back hurt from lying on the ship's floor.

She got up. Powered up the ship. Headed to the MDHQ. There was something she hadn't tried. Rode up to the MDHQ, sent the ship hurtling at it. At the last second, hit the intangibility button.