Ghost Stories & Encounters

Pantera

Hello! Welcome to the Ghost Stories & Encounters topic!I remember an Official Ghost Topic before the Great Downtime, so I'm reviving the interest and bringing this one back! It may not be official, but it's... somethin'!You can post what you have experienced or have been told! But please, try and keep Creepypastas outta this! KIDS read this, man! Think of the KEEDS!So please, sit back, relax, and enjoy the tunes of 88 Fingers Edward.Wait. Hold On.Turn off the light, let your pet Werewolf scratch your unlocked door, post, and read (or even POST) the creepy stories and encounters!Enjoy!

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

Well i have actually had several encounters with the paranormal. The main event is when i was young and at the time we were living in Okinawa japan. We had a little kid ghost who would take the hot wheels i had at the time and fling them down our stairs. Surprisingly my mom talked to the little ghost kid and asked him if he would please pick up when he is done. Well the ghost did pick up the hot wheels when he was done. Then when we were packing to come back to Alaska we discovered 3 hot wheels that we never bought and plus they had Japanese writing on them and they were all a hospital theme. we kinda assumed that maybe the little kid ghost gave it to us as a way of saying thanks for letting him live with us and not freaking out.I also recently got a job on a paranormal webcam/chat site as a chat moderator. well those are my experiences

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I don't put much stock into the paranormal. But I've heard a few decent stories. The Michigan Dog-men for example. It's said that every x number of years or so, they'll appear. Once they scared a horse and rider to death and an old widow said that dog's circled her house at night, and that they walked like men and screamed. There are a few other's I don't quite recall.Tales such as those, condensed here for post length of course. I don't believe a word of it, but it makes for a heck of a story.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Used to be convinced I could see things when I was a child :P One of my best friends knows this woman who's probably 31-34 right now who discouraged her from trying to communicate with ghosts/spirits with a Ouija board. Why? Well, when she (the woman) was in her teens, they went to this apartment in my city where an old couple had passed away. People kept moving in and out of the apartment because it apparently spooked there ever since the old couple passed away. And as is common in youth, they wanted to mess with something that obviously was much greater than anything they could think of. They set up the Ouija board and they keep asking questions, and the woman (who was an atheist and a skeptic) naturally didn't believe in any of it. After a couple of minutes where they only received a mild response, she chose to challenge the ghosts, and I swear this is true, my friend has met this woman and can verify it: she held out her hand and said something along the lines of "if you're so real and powerful, why don't you break my arm?" What happened next was horrifying, gruesome and totally amazing in the most violent way. The ghosts (who definitely were not the old, nice couple) complied, only they didn't just break the arm. It was completely twisted around, severing it from the elbow. Today the woman is totally fine, her arm is back where it belonged, but the scars were, as my friend described it, "nauseating to look at, and she couldn't have been lying because it was a totally clean cut. There were no signs of any struggle, self-infliction and there definitely was no way any human could have done it". As a precaution I have swore to never mess with the supernatural. And I definitely will NOT challenge higher powers. I am not a theist, but I am spiritual and I do think there are things that just can't be explained by materialistic science. This woman has experienced it, and no one, not even the doctors, can say she's lying because there's simply no way. I have learned from the moral of this very real ghost story. I hope you won't mess with spirits.

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

Sure, I have some encounters. Particularly in my old house. Specifically I think my old house was more poltergeists then simple ghosts. Now I don't know what the old owners did, if anything, or what happened here, but it was crazy. We had everything from shadow people, lights on occasion, disembodied running and voices, phantom injuries, disappearing/reappearing objects.I specifically the experience I will refer to here is one that happened with my closet. Specifically the door was on rollers and would slide into the way. One night it was violently reacting as though someone was hitting it, or trying to push it as though it were a normal door. What happened next was bizarre, the door opened a small amount (could not have been more then 6 inches if I remember right), and out came a very 3-dimensional arm that seemed to be a solid shadow with a "fuzzy" outline, it was contorted oddly and seemingly impossible ways and the "hand" at the end was pointing to my dresser. After that it quickly went back into my closet and the door shut. Before anyone asks, I was awake and not on any meds, and the lights were on.I have quite a few others too.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

• 2 weeks later...
Sure, I have some encounters. Particularly in my old house. Specifically I think my old house was more poltergeists then simple ghosts. Now I don't know what the old owners did, if anything, or what happened here, but it was crazy. We had everything from shadow people, lights on occasion, disembodied running and voices, phantom injuries, disappearing/reappearing objects.I specifically the experience I will refer to here is one that happened with my closet. Specifically the door was on rollers and would slide into the way. One night it was violently reacting as though someone was hitting it, or trying to push it as though it were a normal door. What happened next was bizarre, the door opened a small amount (could not have been more then 6 inches if I remember right), and out came a very 3-dimensional arm that seemed to be a solid shadow with a "fuzzy" outline, it was contorted oddly and seemingly impossible ways and the "hand" at the end was pointing to my dresser. After that it quickly went back into my closet and the door shut. Before anyone asks, I was awake and not on any meds, and the lights were on.I have quite a few others too.
Just out of curiosity, did you look in the dresser? :PI don't have any stories myself, and hope I never do, being the chicken that I am. A friend of mine told me once that she was living in an old house her family had, since she had just gotten out of college and needed to live somewhere. Eventually she figured out this ghost lived at the house, too, who wasn't exactly all that friendly - the ghost was throwing around toasters and all objects it could find, as it was pretty angry at the fact she was there for some reason. She wasn't frightened, she usually dodged all the items thrown and actually started yelling at the ghost sometimes, where it pretty much stopped throwing things, or it just started chucking more stuff, although not hitting her. Pretty amazing and funny at the same time, although dangerous as well.To be honest, paranormal activity in any situation is kind of strange, but when you think of it from a parallel universe standpoint, it makes sense. Think about it: The ghost you are seeing appears white or however you see it, but to it you could look like that and it is living in its own time in a different, parallel universe and you're the ghost to it. Though I don't know the way it could possibly be transported from its time to yours, whether it be by some way it is linked to your world by an object or something that was there in its time and is still there in yours, it does make sense in some ways. It's just a theory, though. Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Oh boy, I've been waiting for a topic like this.my sister was sleepwalking a while ago, and my parents were at a party. my sister walked all the way down stairs, and was facing me like she was staring. I took all my bravery and woke her up. she asked what happened,and i told her. she thanked me because she was having a nightmare. oh yeah. my bionicles act odd sometimes, like moving when I'm not looking and firing at each other.also, again with my sister, she kept waking up with bleeding bumps. her bed was new, and nothing could've happened.BTW, never, never make a weeping angel MOC. I warned you.

Sometimes I find long scratches along the inside of my arm.No, I'm not Emo, but sometimes I do scratch my arms for a while.What would happen for a Weeping Angel MOC?I remember there was a Bionicle Paranormal Stories topic.I'm gonna make one, I guess.Edit: JESUS! I keep seeing things.

Edited by Pantera

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

Really, what would happen for a Weeping Angel MOC?
It won't look anything like a Weeping Angel and your fragile ego will be destroyed. :PI have always loved the paranormal, but one of the few experiences I have had myself and can remember was when I walked into my bedroom, and there was this old lady, just standing there, wearing all black. And then I blinked and she disappeared. :confused:

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

• 2 weeks later...
Idea: The stories can range from real life to video games, such as Grand Theft Auto.GTA and RDR always have strange stuff in them, which can't be explained.
Who needs GTA when you have Lavender Town? Lavender Town is scary.
Ghost encounters. No other method of frightening is quite as fun, or enjoyable to look back upon.I've had a few things happen. Doors slamming shut when no one was there, the such.
I've had worse than doors. Attic doors falling open, cutlery drawers being pulled out, and one thing that haunted my childhood:There's this rocking chair in my room. But, I always had a nightlight (that's due to another story which I'll explain right after this). Now, late at night, I looked over at the rocking chair, and it was empty. But when I looked at the shadow cast by the nightlight, you could see the clear outline of a person sitting in it.I had the nightlight in the first place because, as a child, I would have slept in the top bunk of a bunkbed (again, this is due to another story). One night, I heard something, and looked down at the floor. And when I did, it terrified me.Moving all around my room were loads and loads of blurry white shapes. They sort of glowed, but the light didn't hit anything. They didn't have faces or defining features, they were just blobs of lightless light.I slept in the top bunk because, before this, I had slept in a normal bed. However, one night, I had a dream where a black cloaked figure like the grim reaper walked over to me while I was lying in bed and cut my hand. I woke up right after this, but my hand was sore, and when I looked at it, there was a little line cut into it, right where I'd been cut in the dream.All true stories. cool.png

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

well recently within the last 2 weeks i have seen a dark shadow like figure in my house. i have seen it pacing from one end of the house to the other. the house is only 20 feet wide X 30 feet long so this house is very small. Then another event that took place was i was back in my room dead asleep and my mother was in the living room. all of a sudden i woke from my sleep to a sound that sounded like something heavy was thrown. but when we looked as to what was thrown there was nothing out of place. another instance with the shadow was i was sitting on my futon and i felt a cold breeze then when i looked at my futon there was what looked like someone had just sat down in it.The only other thing i can remember is every so often when i'm alone i will here what sounds like a female voice. i can not tell what it is saying but it has a distinctive female tone. now since alot of this has happened in the last month i'm think that it may be because we have had a rain for 27 days out of the whole month of june, and water is considered to sometimes boost paranormal energy, so i'm thinking that may be a big part of it.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

The only thing that's gotten me genuinely interested in the supernatural is Sleep Paralysis-induced visual hallucinations. In Layman's terms, when you fall asleep your body goes into paralysis so that you can't act out your dreams physically, and hurt yourself. There is a method for falling into Sleep Paralysis while still awake (I've done it) and sometimes when you open your eyes in this state, you can see/hear/feel hallucinations (also done it). What's weird is that a huge percentage of people report seeing the same dark shadow figure staring at them. Really spooky and not entirely explainable. As far as we know, it's our sub conscience's visual representation of our minds or something, but still really unearthly. As for me, I woke into Sleep Paralysis (super common, and doesn't feel weird or anything, but with prior knowledge I picked up on it), and heard this incredibly loud, deep, bass-rich growl from across the room. Couldn't have been real, because I would've felt it somewhat (it was so loud and deep), and someone else would've mentioned it. I've also intentionally gone into SP, but didn't have any hallucinations.It's very interesting; I recommend researching it, especially if you're into the paranormal.

IetTsFQ.png

I've slept at friend's houses in more rural neighboring towns, and they are convinced that their houses are haunted.The first one, strange noises were heard around the house at night. There were three of us, and I was the only non-believer in the paranormal. At one point, we were sat around the coffee table playing cards, trying to relax; but every bloody time anything slightly above silence came, they stopped and said "listen to that!" Every one of those sounds was clearly something simple, like a motorbike outside or the fridge in the kitchen humming... except one which was never explained. We went to bed around 2am, and we all slept in the living room; one of them (the owner of the house) said "Alright I want to investigate before we try to sleep!" The other was terrified, but I was the brave one and agreed. We walked down the corridor, past the kitchen, when suddenly we heard this deep rumbling vibration. They were both bricking it, but I was fascinated; I listened around... It sounded like bass feedback from one of the guitar amps; but all the amps were off, and the sound was travelling. They said it sounded like someone was moving furiture upstairs, even though we were the only three in the house. But I tried to follow the sound, it seemed to go from the kitchen wall to the bedroom upstairs. I told them it was probably the house settling. Then came the adrenaline part: we all had to go upstairs to get the sleeping bags. We walked up the stairs, with me behind and the two of them in front... When the one in front peer round the corner of the upstairs, we heard the noise again only so much louder. They were both scared ####less, and bolted down the stairs; unfortunately I was behind and had to run down also, as it was a narrow stairway and I would have been trampled! We all ran around the corner and into the main room downstairs; one of them insisted on a hug because he was terrified. Being the brave kind gentleman that I am, I gave him a huge protecting embrace with my huge muscley arms. Then... I had an idea... Just to troll them, I would freak them out! I went up to the foot of the stairs and shouted up "I request parley on behalf on Shen-Din! Do you identify yourself as a member of the Shade?" A made up thing from one of my series. They both grabbed me and pulled me away from the stairs and were like "What the #### are you doing?! If there's a ghost, don't call out to it!" Using my highly advanced acting skills, I pulled the most twisted and mysterious face I could and said "And how would you know that?" and walked back to the living room. That sent a mega chill down their already pretty chilled spines; I've opened up a mysterious side to me (that doesn't exist) that they wonder about. Could I be from the X-Files? Or am I an Alien? Or do I have radio access to a secret paranormal fighting organisation run by walking nipples? The possibilities are endless.Not really, I told them I was joking like half an hour later. But that would have been sweet... That would have been sweet....

Gee golly, I sure do love Bionicles! My favourite one is Hero Factory!

The only thing that's gotten me genuinely interested in the supernatural is Sleep Paralysis-induced visual hallucinations. In Layman's terms, when you fall asleep your body goes into paralysis so that you can't act out your dreams physically, and hurt yourself. There is a method for falling into Sleep Paralysis while still awake (I've done it) and sometimes when you open your eyes in this state, you can see/hear/feel hallucinations (also done it). What's weird is that a huge percentage of people report seeing the same dark shadow figure staring at them. Really spooky and not entirely explainable. As far as we know, it's our sub conscience's visual representation of our minds or something, but still really unearthly. As for me, I woke into Sleep Paralysis (super common, and doesn't feel weird or anything, but with prior knowledge I picked up on it), and heard this incredibly loud, deep, bass-rich growl from across the room. Couldn't have been real, because I would've felt it somewhat (it was so loud and deep), and someone else would've mentioned it. I've also intentionally gone into SP, but didn't have any hallucinations.It's very interesting; I recommend researching it, especially if you're into the paranormal.
Very true and very real. My step-cousin stumbled across some info on this after having experienced it involuntarily a couple of times (and curious as he was, concluded that he should investigate). He decided to follow steps to ensure he would experience the Sleep Paralysis you speak of. He did this one time when I was visiting and the next morning he asked me if I had heard some gruesome, piercing shrieks that seemingly came from a woman. Of course, I told him that I had heard no such thing and he described further how he had sensed a deep, and disturbing bass-sound coming from the staircase right outside his room. He also told me that he had seen some things that you could compare to water ripples floating around in his room. As I already was familiar with the phenomenon, I explained him what I knew about how it all works. Even to this day he remains fascinated by Sleep Paralysis. I for one think it sounds rather creepy and I'd like to avoid it. Probably because I don't want to feel like I can't control my own body and therefore not my fate either. Plus I don't want to see that dark, shadow-figure (often described as a woman) staring at me. Especially since a lot of cases report that she walks up to you and gets in your face. It all sounds very interesting, but I'd like to be able to quit when I want to.

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

Very true and very real. My step-cousin stumbled across some info on this after having experienced it involuntarily a couple of times (and curious as he was, concluded that he should investigate). He decided to follow steps to ensure he would experience the Sleep Paralysis you speak of. He did this one time when I was visiting and the next morning he asked me if I had heard some gruesome, piercing shrieks that seemingly came from a woman. Of course, I told him that I had heard no such thing and he described further how he had sensed a deep, and disturbing bass-sound coming from the staircase right outside his room. He also told me that he had seen some things that you could compare to water ripples floating around in his room.As I already was familiar with the phenomenon, I explained him what I knew about how it all works. Even to this day he remains fascinated by Sleep Paralysis. I for one think it sounds rather creepy and I'd like to avoid it. Probably because I don't want to feel like I can't control my own body and therefore not my fate either. Plus I don't want to see that dark, shadow-figure (often described as a woman) staring at me. Especially since a lot of cases report that she walks up to you and gets in your face. It all sounds very interesting, but I'd like to be able to quit when I want to.
Well honestly the top reason that anyone in Sleep Paralysis sees anything scary is because they are expecting to. If you remain calm, you could have pleasant hallucinations, or none at all. Also, in my own experience, you can break out of it if you concentrate really hard (or by trying to control your breathing), but not everyone says they can.Plus it's not really a feeling of no control (at least in my experience), but more a feeling of stepping out of your body. If you remain calm, you may not even feel paralyzed, just outer-body. Again, sleep paralysis is explainable and somewhat understood; you're not actually leaving your body, it just feels that way. I'd say try it out if you're interested, don't be frightened; everything you see is a projection from your brain, and not actually there.Furthermore, it is a gateway to lucid dreaming; your hallucinations turn into dreamscapes, and you can step into them and control your dreams (takes practice), so again, I recommend giving it a try. Some people lucid dream really easily, so it could really be worth your time.

IetTsFQ.png

I think I might be a ghost, but I'm afraid to tell my parents because they don't believe in that sort of thing. :( A few months ago I was in the showers at school after gym class; I couldn't help noticing the other boy's towels and how they weren't passing through their bodies. I think that was when I realised. Plus I feel more comfortable in the company of other ghosts than with corporeal beings. My best friend, the only one who knows all this, says that every teenager gets the urge to haunt at some point but that it's usually just a phase.

Edited by Kumata

Going off of the sleep paralysis above, I've never deliberately induced it, and I'm not sure if you can wake up to it, but a few months ago the weirdest thing happened. I woke up in the middle of the night randomly, but kept my eyes shut. I couldn't move, or at least, I didn't want to. It felt like something was in my room with me, preventing me from moving. I felt like I could if I really wanted too, but I would have to force it, and then whatever was in the room would notice I was awake. It freaked me out so bad, I didn't even dare open my eyes. I'm still not sure If I was dreaming or SP'ed or what, but I'm leaning towards not dreaming. I can't lucid dream, and whenever I am aware of the fact that I am dreaming, I can't really control myself or anything else. This was different. Anyone else have an experience like that?-Longcat is Long!

I USED TO BE LONGCAT IS LONG!

tumblr_m42b4aGmdZ1qkibivo1_500.jpg
My Blog. Read it. Nao.

My Steam name is [TDC] Blitzkitteh, feel free to add me.

Weird things happen around our house sometimes. I'm not sure if it's paranormal or I'm just imagining it.A few years ago we moved into a new house. When I was little I would not like to sleep in my room, because I felt that I was being watched, or that something was bad going to happen to me. When I got older I would wake up almost every single night and see white light in the shape of a hand leave my room. I don't wake up now, but I still see the hand and lights in the corner of my eye. A few weeks ago my mom and I were talking in the hall and the closet door opened by itself. Yesterday and this morning the front door kept opening even when we shut it tight.

I'm a dinosaur! Rawr.