Rate The Song Above You

5/5. I don't even usually like this vocal style, but it just so extremely works for this song. I'm keeping this one.

I wasn't going to post two Tull songs in a row, but it's been too long since I've listened to this one.

EDIT: I think my typing style's getting a little too informal. Oh well.

Edited by Rache

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

5/5 i still need to listen to standards all the way through but iioi is always 5/5-tier music, evan weiss dont put out no junk

this track makes me feel like im in on kanye's big inside joke 

like you know hes a huge narcissist but i believe he plays it up even more to get the public's attention and most of em dont get it

only in dreams.

3.5/5, the vocal style kinda grates on my nerves and the lyrics didn't keep my attention either, but I have nothing but kind things to say about the bass guitar.

[NOTE: The album version of this song has much clearer audio, and the volume of the instruments is balanced better, but the vocalist is, to my ears, awful. So you get muddy mixing and a decent vocalist.]

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

4/5. Nice build-up, solid arrangement, consistently interesting melodies. The song's content to let its composition speak for it instead of volume--which is great, because it gives all the instruments space to breathe. Overall, it's a very enjoyable song in a style I normally don't listen to.

"Choose the One Who Loves You More" by Copeland.

4/5, pretty neat, really enjoyed the guitar. The vocal style isn't my absolute favorite, but hey, it is what it is, and it's pretty good at that.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

4.5/5, pretty good, instrumentals were kinda catchy. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQQdYokbp4E

Considering going back and editing a particular phrase into my posts in this topic so it's easier for me to search through and see what I have/have not posted.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I don't listen to Alice in Chains often, but there honestly isn't a real reason why. I just have so much to listen to. But yeah, 5/5, for which a lot of credit goes to the rhythm guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQS4-KBeSjk

EDIT: Found a better version of the song. Previously-linked version had a lot of static on the low end, kinda muddled things.

Edited by Rache

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

0.5/5. Not my kind of music. I can barely understand him, the title worries me, and the art is disturbing. The normal singing voice is okay though, and it has a nice, tune? Melody? Idk.

I would use another video, but as it involved mongols epicly fighting each other and some blood splurts, i didn't think it would be appropriate for BZP.  EDIT: this is an unofficial theme of mine for the Bone Hunters and their arsonist prophet the Element Lord of Fire.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

0.05/5 - not my kind of music. I can't understand him, the title worries me, and I feel threatened by art. is this some kind of satanic ritual music? will snakes begin physically manifesting in my home since I listened to this?

thanks for giving me a good laugh mate

Edited by Scythey

4/5. I dig the instrumental--it's sinister and engrossing--but the singing brings down my score a bit. In the beginning, the singer sounds fine, but his screaming voice seems distorted by production, as if it was run through filters, and his ending refrain sounds like a halfhearted Dracula impression.

"Bloom" by Mae:

4/5. very nice and chill.

​have some Sadboy Aesthetic™

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnEiX7viFA4

4/5. I dig the instrumental--it's sinister and engrossing--but the singing brings down my score a bit. In the beginning, the singer sounds fine, but his screaming voice seems distorted by production, as if it was run through filters, and his ending refrain sounds like a halfhearted Dracula impression.

you don't listen to much black metal, or metal in general do ya mate

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

4/5. Solid emo rock--it's steady and comforting, swinging in a homey waltz even as the singer shouts about breaking up and changing seasons. (It's probably an intentional juxtaposition.) The lyrics are okay as far as I can tell. There's not much else to say about it.

"The Ascent" by Adam Young:

Nope! But I am interested in listening to more metal. The furthest into the genre I've gotten so far are Black Sabbath's albums Paranoid and (some of) Master of Reality, both of which I really like. If any of Cloudkicker's albums count, I've listened to all of his main releases, too. Edited by Legolover-361

2.5/5 - is this Adam "Owl City" Young? amazing how much more tolerable something of his can be without his voice on it. this is an alright little instrumental, doesn't really go anywhere though. kind of middling on it.

Nope! But I am interested in listening to more metal. The furthest into the genre I've gotten so far are Black Sabbath's albums Paranoid and (some of) Master of Reality, both of which I really like. If any of Cloudkicker's albums count, I've listened to all of his main releases, too.

hey, didn't you listen to some Katatonia back in the day as well? they're definitely metal

4/5. Catchy instrumental, decent guitar melodies. The broken chords starting a little after the four-minute mark keep the music refreshing. I'm not a huge fan of the screamed/growled(?) vocals, but I probably just need to get used to them.

"Where the Sky Hangs" by Passion Pit.

is this Adam "Owl City" Young?

Yup. He's doing a project in which he releases one "soundtrack" album a month. This is from one or two months ago, I forget which.

hey, didn't you listen to some Katatonia back in the day as well? they're definitely metal

Yeah, and I've been telling myself I should listen to their latest two albums for a long time without actually doing it. I've listened to Chevelle as well, and I've heard some other metal songs here and there. But compared to the amount of alternative/indie, electronic, soundtrack, etc. music I listen to, metal is a very small piece of my musical pie, undeservedly small.

Edited by Legolover-361

3.5/5 - dig Passion Pit, this song is good. not quite as immediately catchy as some of their stuff I've heard

Yeah, and I've been telling myself I should listen to their latest two albums for a long time without actually doing it. I've listened to Chevelle as well, and I've heard some other metal songs here and there. But compared to the amount of alternative/indie, electronic, soundtrack, etc. music I listen to, metal is a very small piece of my musical pie, undeservedly small.

dude definitely check their last two out, their new one in particular is fantastic. probably my current AotY and my favorite thing they've done since The Great Cold Distance. Chevelle's great as well, never really considered them metal though, personally.. more alternative rock with heavier tendencies, but I digress.

3.5/5. Not really sure what I expected, but this is pretty neat. The bit that started around 1:15 didn't last long enough for my liking, though.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

4.5/5 - this was not as bad as I was expecting when I saw it described as "surf punk" in the reddit thread AlienTube was displaying (good plugin, btw - replaces YouTube comments with reddit threads). a lot more reverb-y and fuzzy and nowhere near as annoyingly sunny and upbeat as most "surf punk" I've encountered.

normally I wouldn't have responded this quickly but I had to share this:

still wish scogin had stayed but then we wouldnt have '68 so it all worked out

I disagree, they've only gotten better since Corey joined. their latest album is their absolute best yet; they've really evolved into something special now that they've started incorporating post-metal and atmospheric sludge into their sound.

Edited by Scythey

5/5. I'm not sure what I just watched, but I'm glad I had some fun music to guide me through it. Now I want pizza.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

4.5/5 - this was not as bad as I was expecting when I saw it described as "surf punk" in the reddit thread AlienTube was displaying (good plugin, btw - replaces YouTube comments with reddit threads). a lot more reverb-y and fuzzy and nowhere near as annoyingly sunny and upbeat as most "surf punk" I've encountered.

still wish scogin had stayed but then we wouldnt have '68 so it all worked out

I disagree, they've only gotten better since Corey joined. their latest album is their absolute best yet; they've really evolved into something special now that they've started incorporating post-metal and atmospheric sludge into their sound.

Fidlar's s/t is actually pretty dark

most of the songs are about being a strung out addict

white on white is about military recruiting in impoverished areas

but most of the other ones are about being a strung out addict

i guess i really should give norma jean a good listen then

memphis... will always be my jam, but i think its time to go beyond bless the martyr

edit: 4/5 this is an odd assortment of sounds...but not a bad one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6m_D6xt6EU

Edited by Johnny Truant

only in dreams.

3.5/5, not much into the music, pretty much a stylistic disagreement. Everyone involved seemed pretty into it though, so I liked seeing that. Snowman earned it a little boost, too.

Pretty much positive I haven't posted this song here before.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom