Rate The Song Above You

• 2 weeks later...

6.8/10

Not my favorite song from this band. It's a bit slow paced and could do with a bit more life injected into it, maybe a more exciting time signature and structure would help, but I like the texturing and overall mix. The vocalist is pretty cool.

Edited by _Kocytean_

it's a bit slow paced and could do with a bit more life injected into it, maybe a more exciting time signature and structure would help

you must not listen to much gothic rock after all

4/5 - not one of my favorites off of Viva Emptiness, but still good. also deducted half a point since it's not the remixed/remastered version, which sounds a thousand times better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3.5/5 Not bad. I like the pace, and I can feel the rhythm. Sounds kind of like something you'd here from a high school band that's actually alright lol

https://youtu.be/9B1M3IPVcXs

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

• 2 weeks later...

forfty/10

this song is amazing and as an added bonus i will always associate it with bart, nelson, and martin on the open road, free young men with money burning a hole in their collective pocket; inhabitants of a timeless impossible world that will exist forever and also never existed in the first place.

3.5/5 Not bad. I like the pace, and I can feel the rhythm. Sounds kind of like something you'd here from a high school band that's actually alright lol

https://youtu.be/9B1M3IPVcXs

haha the ergs! in a nutshell

btw that russian bon jovi cover is killer

only in dreams.

2.5/5 Something feels missing. It keeps building and building but it doesn't really pay off as I wish it would :/

https://youtu.be/hlgc3_4WL0M

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

3/5 - there are some really cool moments throughout the song and the vocal performance is AMAZING! But the song is too long for what it is. It's too repetitive at that length.

New Trivium music from this year!

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

4/5 Man, brings me back to my J-rock days. Good times. Only a 4 though because while I love this style of sound, I've heard many like it before.

Anyway, let's do a Vietnamese song.

3/5 Makes me think of Life Is Strange. I like the sound, but it's not really my thing.

4.5/5. The song is beautiful! It's heavy, yet emotional! It's sad, yet uplifing. I love the instrumentation of it and I love the singer's voice!

LMAO Ya'll keep sharing heavier music while I've been on a journey through the 70's & 80's recently  :smeag:

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2/5 I like the backing track but the vocals aren't my cup of tea. Reminds me of Miley Cyrus or something along those lines. :P

Edited by Toa Kayn

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gosh, it's almost like you're supposed to listen to the songs people post instead of just going off whether you've already heard of them or not.

Also, please leave a link to your song next time.

Dragula is a solid 4/5. It's one of the songs I have the most nostalgia and sentiment for, but I don't know how much I'd still like it without that.

https://soundcloud.com/tbhr/violent-love

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___