Saying Greetings To The Spirits

WeatherDragon

My first real picture created with Microsoft Paint and GIMP (I just started using GIMP, by the way :lol: ).It depicts Kairu saying greetings to the Spirits (one of which is his Sensei) as they make their annual movement across the stars.http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ToaKanar/BNG/Avatars/sayinggreetingstothespirits.jpg

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

Very nice! Great job with the colors and perspective. Did you custom make the starry background or is it from somewhere else?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Did you custom make the starry background or is it from somewhere else?

I wonder that too.Very good, considering for a beginner. :P I really love that sky. I recomend however, you add some detail on that hill he's standing on.EDIT: Cool you did make it yourself. :D~Gravity Edited by Gravity Caiox

Did you custom make the starry background or is it from somewhere else?

I wonder that too.Very good, considering for a beginner. :P I really love that sky. I recomend however, you add some detail on that hill he's standing on.EDIT: Cool you did make it yourself. :biggrin:~Gravity
I noticed how bare the hill looked...but I couldn't find a proper way to texure it. All of the things I tried looked unrealistic.

daringsig.png

I really like the sky and the perspective as well. It looks really nice.Here is some advice from a fellow gimp user. Gimp is like Photoshop except free. You can download brushes and stuff. Something you could try to do is download maybe some grass brushes of different kinds and word your way from there. Also, what you could do for a shadow is instead of just drawing out the shadow like you did, you could copy and paste the person, fill the selection with black/dark blue, lower the opacity of the selection, flip is vertically, and then use the perspective tool and get it to look the way you want it to.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I really like the sky and the perspective as well. It looks really nice.Here is some advice from a fellow gimp user. Gimp is like Photoshop except free. You can download brushes and stuff. Something you could try to do is download maybe some grass brushes of different kinds and word your way from there. Also, what you could do for a shadow is instead of just drawing out the shadow like you did, you could copy and paste the person, fill the selection with black/dark blue, lower the opacity of the selection, flip is vertically, and then use the perspective tool and get it to look the way you want it to.~Soran

Hm...I never thought of that shadow technique before. Then again, I was in MS paint when I created the shadow, not GIMP. Not like that would have changed anything. :lol:

daringsig.png