Official BBC Contest #63: You're Fired!

...I really got to get a digital camera, because I might just enter this one.Question: even if you're not a finalist, do you still get a prototype piece if you send in the MOC to BrickFair?

Edited by Makaru

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

...I really got to get a digital camera, because I might just enter this one.Question: even if you're not a finalist, do you still get a prototype piece if you send in the MOC to BrickFair?

Sorry to break it to you, only finalists go to Brickfair and Prototype Parts. So if your Moc doesn't go to Brickfair, there is no prototype piece. :/EDIT: Whoops, guess I shouldn't of answered that if I wasn't staff. On top of that I was wrong. I completly understand is this should be deleted. ~Gravity Edited by Gravity Caiox

Sorry to break it to you, only finalists go to Brickfair and Prototype Parts. So if your Moc doesn't go to Brickfair, there is no prototype piece. :/~Gravity
Actually:

And then' date=' once you've built and entered your MOC, [b']send it to Brickfair![/b] We'll have a diorama of fire MOCs there and it's gonna be sweet. Finalists will be required to send their MOCs, but all eligible entrants are welcome to participate as well.And why might you do this? Besides the standard ovation and fame forever, MOCs sent in to Brickfair will come back with shiny prototypes.

So if you send in your entry (regardless of whether or not it is in the finals, so long as it's eligible), you will get some prototype pieces. You will just need to cover both ends of shipping costs as well as supply the things that the coordinators will require, such as a picture of the finished creation and/or instructions on how to put it together. :)EDIT: I just realized I probably should let a staff member answer this, so I understand if this needs to be removed. Edited by Makaru

Will the public at Brickfair be voting for the winner, or will there be designated judges?Also, are canon creatures allowed, such as Lava Eels?EDIT: And will models sent in be eligible for other awards at Brickfair?

Voting will be public as always.Canon creatures are allowed.Yes.

hmmm, will hero factory be counted as bionicle/ technic?

Hero Factory pieces can be used; however, the entry must fit into the Bionicle universe.

...I really got to get a digital camera, because I might just enter this one.Question: even if you're not a finalist, do you still get a prototype piece if you send in the MOC to BrickFair?EDIT: hey, first post on this page.

As mentioned, yes.

...I really got to get a digital camera, because I might just enter this one.Question: even if you're not a finalist, do you still get a prototype piece if you send in the MOC to BrickFair?EDIT: hey, first post on this page.

Sorry to break it to you, only finalists go to Brickfair and Prototype Parts. So if your Moc doesn't go to Brickfair, there is no prototype piece. :/~Gravity
This is incorrect. Only finalists have to send in their entries: all others are encouraged to do so. Please don't answer questions if you're not contest staff.
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

I am decidedly torn- it looks like BrickFair is close enough that I could ship my entry to it(circa 132 miles or thereabouts), but I have no idea how to go about that process, even if I could get a clear and crisp photo readily available for the contest(webcams are terrible cameras, oi).If I can scrounge up the cash for the roundtrip and snap off some good images in time, I'll report back, but I do have one actual question in all of this-What is the limit of the definition for 'fire' based entries? Does an entry have to be solely of that element, or would a character that utilizes the element of plasma also be qualified as a similar focus?

Well, I doubt I'll be able to afford to send in the MOC if I win (big if anyways), but after reading that I could add another six Rahkshi to my plentiful collection of them, I'll just go build a Rahkshi and see what happens!EDIT: Does the MOC have to be made of Mata Red or Metru Red? I was thinking making something black and keet/orange, and I'm hoping it's allowed. Also, too keep within the "plausibility" requirement, can the fire itself can be an ability add-on or custom effect 'part'?

Edited by Reinforce

The power of simple sentences in color!

I presume there as some restricions as to how feiry it has to be, correct? Could we make things such as an ice guy that was on fire, or a fire breathing dog?
The ice guy, absolutely not. The fire dog, probably.
I am decidedly torn- it looks like BrickFair is close enough that I could ship my entry to it(circa 132 miles or thereabouts), but I have no idea how to go about that process, even if I could get a clear and crisp photo readily available for the contest(webcams are terrible cameras, oi).If I can scrounge up the cash for the roundtrip and snap off some good images in time, I'll report back, but I do have one actual question in all of this-What is the limit of the definition for 'fire' based entries? Does an entry have to be solely of that element, or would a character that utilizes the element of plasma also be qualified as a similar focus?
Just fire, please.
Well, I doubt I'll be able to afford to send in the MOC if I win (big if anyways), but after reading that I could add another six Rahkshi to my plentiful collection of them, I'll just go build a Rahkshi and see what happens!EDIT: Does the MOC have to be made of Mata Red or Metru Red? I was thinking making something black and keet/orange, and I'm hoping it's allowed. Also, too keep within the "plausibility" requirement, can the fire itself can be an ability add-on or custom effect 'part'?
Those colours should also be fine, and you'll need to be more specific about what you mean regarding the fire.
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Excuse me. I have an idea for a character that is interested in fire, and wields a fire weapon and has fire peices on him. Would this be eligible to enter?

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I presume there as some restricions as to how feiry it has to be, correct? Could we make things such as an ice guy that was on fire, or a fire breathing dog?
The ice guy, absolutely not. The fire dog, probably.
Just fire, please.
Those colours should also be fine, and you'll need to be more specific about what you mean regarding the fire.
If just fire, then would my Fire Rebel I entered be DQ'ed, or is it ok?

Silver is my favorite Sonic character. Deal with it,

Go ahead clicky.

poster.png

Are cut/modified STICKERS allowed? Would you only allow stickers that came with Lego sets?
Only Lego stickers are allowed, and you may not cut them.
Does rule #1 apply for Work In Progresses that were posted prior to the contest? I have some WIP's in my WIP folder in my brickshelf that could be eligible for entry that I haven't finished.
If you've posted pictures of the WIP/MOC on BZPower, it's not eligible for entrance in this contest.
Will there be cloths on the tables at Brickfair (I want to make sure my MOC can stand up if I send it in :P)?
The BrickFair tables do feature tablecloths, but we've never had a problem standing MOCs up on them (and we've been doing this for over half a decade).
Excuse me. I have an idea for a character that is interested in fire, and wields a fire weapon and has fire peices on him. Would this be eligible to enter?
Depends - it needs to be clearly fire-themed, visually. If it's using fire pieces, and fire weapons, and is built in shades of red/orange/yellow (that is perhaps most important), then it should probably probably be just dandy. but please, make it clearly fire-themed.
so are we restricted to only toa like things and rahi or can we be free to make other such things like vehicles?
This is a little testy. It absolutely needs to be something that looks like it can fit in the 2001 Bionicle Universe (and, obviously, it needs to be red and fire-themed). If it's something fire-themed that would not be out-of-place in Ta-Koro, it should be fine. If it doesn't look like something that belongs in the '01 Bionicle universe, then we have a major problem (for instance: notice there are no wheels/treads in Bionicle). Edited by Paula Cole
bring back "an cool dude"

Are cut/modified STICKERS allowed? Would you only allow stickers that came with Lego sets?
Only Lego stickers are allowed, and you may not cut them.
Has this rule changed from previous contests? I seem to remember DeeVee using a modified sticker in the Bolt Vanderhuge contest.

Q2TtLEz.png

This is a little testy. It absolutely needs to be something that looks like it can fit in the 2001 Bionicle Universe (and, obviously, it needs to be red and fire-themed). If it's something fire-themed that would not be out-of-place in Ta-Koro, it should be fine. If it doesn't look like something that belongs in the '01 Bionicle universe, then we have a major problem (for instance: notice there are no wheels/treads in Bionicle).
The 2001 tarakavas, manas and Muaka & Kane-Ra had treads and tread hubs/sprockets?

This is a little testy. It absolutely needs to be something that looks like it can fit in the 2001 Bionicle Universe (and, obviously, it needs to be red and fire-themed). If it's something fire-themed that would not be out-of-place in Ta-Koro, it should be fine. If it doesn't look like something that belongs in the '01 Bionicle universe, then we have a major problem (for instance: notice there are no wheels/treads in Bionicle).
Uh, 2001? That was not mentioned in the rules, only this statement:
build a fire-related MOC that wouldn't be terribly out of place in the Bionicle universe
Does not list a specific time period, my MOC that I entered is bulky and armored, just as Bionicle started to be after 2005, I didnt build him to be something native to 2001. Or am I reading this wrong and you simply mean that it is to be in the mata nui saga? Let's just put it this way, is this; http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8149/7365741362_f8877e421f_z.jpg going to be okay(Not tahu obviously;p)

There is no mention of the entries having to look like something from the first year of Bionicle, as the first post does not specify a certain year:
This time around, you're going to build a fire-related MOC that wouldn't be terribly out of place in the Bionicle universe.
But if the rules were not clear enough and they were to specifically state that entries have to be fire-related as well as something that looks like it belongs in the first year of Bionicle, it seems as though it's too late to change it, due to the fact that preliminary voting needs to be completed at an early enough time so that MOCs (both for final and non-final) can be sent in with enough time to spare for Brickfair. It also seems a bit unfair to the people who have already submitted their entries.Regardless of what was intended, the theme of the contest should stay (as well as the end date for receiving entries) as it is because five days is not a whole lot of time to build an entirely new entry from scratch (for most people).And there actually are treads in some of the first year sets, which include the Manas (8539), Tarakava (8549), and Muaka and Kahne-ra (8538) sets. Edited by Zorrakh

The MOCs do NOT have to look like the belong in 2001, just that they belong in the BIONICLE Universe as specified in the rules. I'd prefer if you kept 2001 in mind, as that aesthetic is why we chose this contest, but that is not a requirement.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Okay, going to ask this because I know the answer varies from contest to contest, and after scanning thru the topic I didn't see anyone else mention it.Can we build a steed and rider that are fire themed: basically two MOCs. (But they're obviously connected.) I'm thinking of a Ta-Matoran atop a firey Rahi, but I would just like clarification that it'll be okay first. Thanks. :):music:

Entry Name: turaga venok :tahnok:Entry Pic URL: http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5499672gallery: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=505483here you friends :biggrin: i hope you like it good luck to all i hope evryone will have a great time on this contest :tohu:
You need to deeplink your entry pic.
thank you soo much for telling me :D can you explain what a deep link is and how i aplly it

Entry Name: turaga venok :tahnok:Entry Pic URL: http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5499672gallery: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=505483here you friends :biggrin: i hope you like it good luck to all i hope evryone will have a great time on this contest :tohu:
You need to deeplink your entry pic.
thank you soo much for telling me :biggrin: can you explain what a deep link is and how i aplly it
You need to select a single picture for the entry picture. So, click on the image you want from the gallery. You should see it on a page with a Brickshelf border around it. Then, click on it again until the window shows only the image, with a white background around it. That is the deeplinked version, which is needed to be linked to for your contest entry picture.~B~ Edited by Ballom