Heeeey everybody.

So I've been working on this Vahki Bordakh revamp for about a week now, and honestly it's still very sketchy and 'unfinished' if you like. Having said that, I don't think I could have improved it much more given the time I've got to MOC these days... so please, PLEASE enjoy it

:) There's so much pleading here it's almost an outright command: enjoy.

7318191772_be29a09c98_n.jpg

^Click for Flickr gallery^

Something interesting to note is that Bordakh's colour scheme is very much similar to F33-X2's, my self-Mech. So I guess you could call Bordakh my 'patron Vahki'? Might catch on

;)

-FtC

• Upvote 1

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

Hello Fee (Kinda still calling Felix :P),I have a feeling you go on to the next round for sure. I've came to a liking the torso a lot. The orange tubes going around the torso is just a mini touch, but I think it contributes a lot to the over all look of the Moc. The ratio of navy(?) to orange is perfectly executed. I like combo of those two colors. I love the design of those legs. From the front, it looks like the feet have no support at all. When you look from the back, you can see wht makes it stand up. Those arms are pretty similar to the feet, which I like a lot. Amazing work Fee! :) Hope you get enough from the judges to move on. :D~Gravity

It's awesome. I don't think it needs improvement of any sort. Color scheme is good and overall design is fantastic, especially legs and arms. Only con, those LEGO plates. I don't like very much when "regular" LEGO and BIONICLE pieces are mixed. However, it's a cool revamp and I'd give it a 9/10.

Thankyou! I wasn't too sure whether or not to add those system tiles, but I guess they just served to cover up some ugly gaps.

Amazing revamp, this is what vahki should have looked like, IMO.Full of nice touches, and excellent choice of weapons.I enjoyed.-Dwanny

Hello Fee (Kinda still calling Felix :P),I have a feeling you go on to the next round for sure. I've came to a liking the torso a lot. The orange tubes going around the torso is just a mini touch, but I think it contributes a lot to the over all look of the Moc. The ratio of navy(?) to orange is perfectly executed. I like combo of those two colors. I love the design of those legs. From the front, it looks like the feet have no support at all. When you look from the back, you can see wht makes it stand up. Those arms are pretty similar to the feet, which I like a lot. Amazing work Fee! :) Hope you get enough from the judges to move on. :biggrin:~Gravity

Hahaha, I had a feeling a fair few wouldn't be able to adjust to the name change... ;)But thankyou! I'm glad someone can see the little touches (like having the arms be similar to the legs) and appreciate them - they don't just happen by chance y'know. I reckon I'll move on to the next round :)

This is pretty cool. Your choices of pieces for this are really nice and the staffs are nicely done. My only complaint is that the knees are a bit big. Other than that, I have no other complaints since this is so awesome.

Thankyou! I personally thought the knees were accentuated finely, but I guess they may be a bit on the large side ;)

This is epic. It looks like a vahki that would hold the disk of time.

Thanks!

I MOC sometimes

Ooh, very nice. I have to say, this is probably the best MoC/Revamp I've seen in a while. I like how you fixed up the colour scheme to include more of that orangey-yellow colour, it really helps to complete the Moc...And I really like the digitigrade stance it has going on there.One qualm on those legs, though, the 'foot' area just seems way too small for me. You have that knee-armour part of the inika leg touching the ground, and behind it nothing but the y-hand piece. It just seems like it wouldn't have good balance to me...but not having the Moc in real life, I can't be sure.One other, smaller qualm is the arms-nothing about the build, really, but the connection to the body. The way you have the Bordahk somewhat hunched over, the arms look like they're in a natural position...but I feel that if you had the Bordahk stand up straight, the arms would seem much too low.And, finally, my smallest problem (no possible pun intended)-the body looks a bit thin for my tastes, but, like the other problems, it doesn't really matter that much.The knees I really like, I have to say. The way you bulked them up and added armour just looks to me like they would be more likely to withstand the shock of running and jumping around buildings, chasing recalictrant Matoran, fighting Rahi, or attempting to capture Toa and Dark Hunters. You really bulked up everything, to tell the truth. It just portrays a meaner, grittier appearance which I really like, compared to the originals.I like how you set up the armour for the shoulders, how they jut out slightly. Again, all the more protection for when you're fighting Rahi/Toa/Dark Hunters. I don't have any problems with the lego piece, except for how angular it is compared to the rounded-off edges of the Bionicle pieces. Other than that, it really helps to complete the armour there.The tubes you have going for the arms and legs, aah...Pneumatically powered Rahkshi. Makes it seem closer to the real world, and what I might expect of a Robot, even in Bionicle. I really, really like those more than the 2006 and on pistons...the cables/flexible tubes just fit more, in my mind.I wonder, looking from the back, does this Vahki still have mechanical function for the arms? I'm unwilling to believe that gear is there just for show, because I really like Mocs that have mechanical function these days.One of the things I like most about this revamp is that you used the Kopaka Mata-style swords for the staves. I've always been a fan of that piece, and it's really nice to see it used in something like this.Another thing I love is that you kept the original head and top body piece for connection...I've seen Vahki revamps before that did away with those, to fit moreso with what the creator had in mind. This, however, fits perfectly. Especially with how it is shown in your opening pose...looks like the Bordahk just disconnected from the power station, and is ready to run out and jail something.I like that. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.pngOverall, even with what small problems I thought of, I give this a 10/10. Keep Mocing, Fee.(...This is the longest review post I've made in years...)

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Ooh, very nice. I have to say, this is probably the best MoC/Revamp I've seen in a while. I like how you fixed up the colour scheme to include more of that orangey-yellow colour, it really helps to complete the Moc...And I really like the digitigrade stance it has going on there.One qualm on those legs, though, the 'foot' area just seems way too small for me. You have that knee-armour part of the inika leg touching the ground, and behind it nothing but the y-hand piece. It just seems like it wouldn't have good balance to me...but not having the Moc in real life, I can't be sure.One other, smaller qualm is the arms-nothing about the build, really, but the connection to the body. The way you have the Bordahk somewhat hunched over, the arms look like they're in a natural position...but I feel that if you had the Bordahk stand up straight, the arms would seem much too low.And, finally, my smallest problem (no possible pun intended)-the body looks a bit thin for my tastes, but, like the other problems, it doesn't really matter that much.The knees I really like, I have to say. The way you bulked them up and added armour just looks to me like they would be more likely to withstand the shock of running and jumping around buildings, chasing recalictrant Matoran, fighting Rahi, or attempting to capture Toa and Dark Hunters. You really bulked up everything, to tell the truth. It just portrays a meaner, grittier appearance which I really like, compared to the originals.I like how you set up the armour for the shoulders, how they jut out slightly. Again, all the more protection for when you're fighting Rahi/Toa/Dark Hunters. I don't have any problems with the lego piece, except for how angular it is compared to the rounded-off edges of the Bionicle pieces. Other than that, it really helps to complete the armour there.The tubes you have going for the arms and legs, aah...Pneumatically powered Rahkshi. Makes it seem closer to the real world, and what I might expect of a Robot, even in Bionicle. I really, really like those more than the 2006 and on pistons...the cables/flexible tubes just fit more, in my mind.I wonder, looking from the back, does this Vahki still have mechanical function for the arms? I'm unwilling to believe that gear is there just for show, because I really like Mocs that have mechanical function these days.One of the things I like most about this revamp is that you used the Kopaka Mata-style swords for the staves. I've always been a fan of that piece, and it's really nice to see it used in something like this.Another thing I love is that you kept the original head and top body piece for connection...I've seen Vahki revamps before that did away with those, to fit moreso with what the creator had in mind. This, however, fits perfectly. Especially with how it is shown in your opening pose...looks like the Bordahk just disconnected from the power station, and is ready to run out and jail something.I like that. cool.pngOverall, even with what small problems I thought of, I give this a 10/10. Keep Mocing, Fee.(...This is the longest review post I've made in years...)
Wow... I... I don't think I've ever received a review this long before! Thankyou firstly for taking the time to do so, and secondly for making some very valid points about its construction :DI totally agree with you that the 'foot' area is very small. I would really love to find a way to fix that problem with the technic socket-joint on the back, but as for now it was really the only option if I were to go for stability. And yes, it is extremely stable ;PYou're also right about the shoulders. I really only kept them like that because I liked the appearance of them 'melding' into the body, casting away any thoughts of poseability. Thankyou for all the positive feedback as well :)
Nice. I especially like the legs and the orange accents.

I MOC sometimes