Soran

• 2 weeks later...

onuamaster.png

Why do I even bother attempting these things anymore.

Awesome! I may have a bit of fun with this mask :D

All of the contributors on here are fantastic by the way and well done to you all ^_^

Awesome!  I've been busy with school lately (It's so easy but they give you so freakin' much of it.  I could be an A student on test alone, but nope.  FREAKIN' HOMEWORK.).  I'm tryin' to contribute so stay tuned I guess.  It's  Nice to see another spriter making this kit.  Though me Laganto would be alone at this forever.  (Of course, as of lately Loganto hasn't had much help from me.  XD)

onuamaster.png

Why do I even bother attempting these things anymore.

Awesome! I may have a bit of fun with this mask :D

All of the contributors on here are fantastic by the way and well done to you all ^_^

Awesome!  I've been busy with school lately (It's so easy but they give you so freakin' much of it.  I could be an A student on test alone, but nope.  FREAKIN' HOMEWORK.).  I'm tryin' to contribute so stay tuned I guess.  It's  Nice to see another spriter making this kit.  Though me Laganto would be alone at this forever.  (Of course, as of lately Loganto hasn't had much help from me.  XD)

You bet I haven't! :3

Hey, I decided to create a female Toa sprite for the Kit. 

chimoru_r_female_toa.png

What do you think?

I think it looks good, but I think someone beat you to it. You'll probably find it a few pages back. Thanks for the contributions Oneker. (That will be forever your name.)

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

chimoru_r_female_toa.png

What do you think?

I think it looks good, but I think someone beat you to it. You'll probably find it a few pages back. Thanks for the contributions Oneker. (That will be forever your name.)

Yeah, but I don't think any one has ever gone through the 'fun' of implementing it to a sprite sheet.

@Restarting:............................................YOU ARE ONEKEY BECAUSE IT RHYMES WITH MONKEY.

chimoru_r_female_toa.png

What do you think?

Yeah I made my own female version a couple summers ago. This is pretty good too though.

Edited by JacobLazer

20795.jpg

So I started working on Tahu's new mask. I also once again tweaked the eyes on Onua's mask because it was still a bit odd, though I'm thinking of remaking the whole mask from scratch because I think I can do better. In the mean time, Tahu's new mask is my priority for completion, but you can use what I've got so far.

mastermasks.png

Edited by Terton

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

So I started working on Tahu's new mask. I also once again tweaked the eyes on Onua's mask because it was still a bit odd, though I'm thinking of remaking the whole mask from scratch because I think I can do better. In the mean time, Tahu's new mask is my priority for completion, but you can use what I've got so far.

mastermasks.png

Very nice. I appreciate the work you are putting into the kit. I can't wait to see the finished product! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice! I like the Tahu mask, though I hope you can clean up Lewa's mask and get it more proportional.

I too have been busy, and I put together a Kiril for a Tiny GIF shop commission. Of course, I had to make the full rotation. :D I think this is the best rotation I've ever sprited.

chimorukiril.png

Edited by Click

Very nice! I like the Tahu mask, though I hope you can clean up Lewa's mask and get it more proportional.

I too have been busy, and I put together a Kiril for a Tiny GIF shop commission. Of course, I had to make the full rotation. :D I think this is the best rotation I've ever sprited.

chimorukiril.png

Well... Check my signature. That's your handiwork.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

• 2 weeks later...

So, advantage of helping run a shop based on Chimoru masks is I actually have a reason to sprite again. I was asked to make a Rode, and I tried using that one that was posted a while ago, but the shading, scale, and colors were all weird and it was practically unsalvagable. So I made my own. Along with that, I made a Suletu front before I got frustrated and rage-quit Photoshop. That darn mask is awful to sprite. Anyone's free to give it a better try or finish it up. I'm not. :D

rodesuletu.jpg

So, advantage of helping run a shop based on Chimoru masks is I actually have a reason to sprite again. I was asked to make a Rode, and I tried using that one that was posted a while ago, but the shading, scale, and colors were all weird and it was practically unsalvagable. So I made my own. Along with that, I made a Suletu front before I got frustrated and rage-quit Photoshop. That darn mask is awful to sprite. Anyone's free to give it a better try or finish it up. I'm not. :D

rodesuletu.jpg

You kind of saved it as a JPG...

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Oh, you're right! And I forgot to save a WIP file, so I had to go back and resprite it. At least I had a chance to fix a few things. 

Looks like Brickshelf is down (again...), so I'll just link it here.

Here you go:
fPC95eJ.png

I made this some time ago...

Yes, that was the one I tried to work off of. I just found it hard separating the mask from the head (because of the colors), and there were a few areas that weren't quite right proportionally. The sprite is very realistic, but it doesn't fit Chimoru's usual shading and outline style, so I tried to remedy that.

post-99742-0-18739200-1418597497_thumb.png

Edited by Click

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, Dark709 stopped in! Nice to see you again! Glad you like it!

In other news, Skull Spider?

chimoruskullspider.gif

Haha, it's amazing! It looks so cool! Great job!

I agree! but could someone also work on a protectors mask please, then again maybe I might try to work on one myself.  ;)

chimoru_r_female_toa.png

What do you think?

Yeah, but I don't think any one has ever gone through the 'fun' of implementing it to a sprite sheet.

@Restarting:............................................YOU ARE ONEKEY BECAUSE IT RHYMES WITH MONKEY.

My name isn't supposed to rhyme with Monkey and its Oneker not Onekey.

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

Well, I'm not quite finished yet! Since Majhost is down, Terton's 2015 Masks are missing for now, but I thought I'd give it my own try, just to see how I could do. I always thought his were a little big, since the masks, to scale, are actually smaller than most G1 masks. I tried to simplify mine and make them fit that scale. What do you think?

2015masks.gif

I will admit, his Pakari turned out much better than mine, as I recall, so I didn't bother including mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Loganto. I noticed that you have a rahkshi in your profile picture. Does that mean you completed a sprite kit of Chimoru R rahkshi? If so, where can I find the link to them? Could you please tell me? Thanks. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Loganto. I noticed that you have a rahkshi in your profile picture. Does that mean you completed a sprite kit of Chimoru R rahkshi? If so, where can I find the link to them? Could you please tell me? Thanks.

It's actually a 6 shaded modified Omega Rahkshi sprite. If I am to make a Chimoru R Rahkshi, the finished product would take at least a year, if you count my laziness and the mass of schoolwork piling up. Chimoru R is much more fleshy and movie based. It would need to be made from scratch. Sorry bro.
  • Upvote 1

Wow, these just keep coming. I planned to make a new comic series ( because you guys aren't sick of seeing me try to make them) and I think I'm going to make Skakdi bodies. They'll be fairly simplistic and just be the Tia bodies but with spikes on the back, however I think it'll make a nice addition.

Hey guys! I've been thinking of making comics again, and I've got a story mostly figured out, but I need some Agori/Protector/other races sprites in this kit style to do it. Would any of you guys be interested in a commission? It would be paid, of course. I don't have a ton of money, but I also don't want to just ask someone to make them pro bono. I'd need them really soon. Shoot me a PM if you're interested and we can talk business. Thanks!

I'm so glad you guys are still here, this stuff is all looking great:D

I agree it all really is looking great. I'm surprised by all the contributions you guys have made. I'll have to start adding some of them soon.

chimorukiril.png

It definitely is pretty great looking, I'll admit. With your permission, may I add this to the sprite sheet?

Oh, you're right! And I forgot to save a WIP file, so I had to go back and resprite it. At least I had a chance to fix a few things. 

Looks like Brickshelf is down (again...), so I'll just link it here.

Here you go:

fPC95eJ.png

I made this some time ago...

Yes, that was the one I tried to work off of. I just found it hard separating the mask from the head (because of the colors), and there were a few areas that weren't quite right proportionally. The sprite is very realistic, but it doesn't fit Chimoru's usual shading and outline style, so I tried to remedy that.

I like the concept you guys have got going on the Kanohi Rode. I might try to sprite something quick with it.

I like what you guys have done with Chimoru!  :)

Thank you, glad you like it.

I might possibly make a rahkshi body at the very least. Loganto was right that the kit is in a style more similar to the movie style/stylized versus set accurate (not counting the masks which are designed to look close to set accurate). I make no promises however, I'm low on sleep so my decision making isn't the best right now.

Wow, these just keep coming. I planned to make a new comic series ( because you guys aren't sick of seeing me try to make them) and I think I'm going to make Skakdi bodies. They'll be fairly simplistic and just be the Tia bodies but with spikes on the back, however I think it'll make a nice addition.

I also might possibly make a skakdi body. Should be interesting making it in a style that isn't set accurate. Most likely would not make a full sprite sheet but I'll make the individual parts probably so you guys can build your own basically. 

Will there be a sheet with all the things you people have been adding? Skimming through the pages is quite annoying. :/

Yes. With some of the submitter's permission I would like to add a few of the additions. I'll possibly make a "Fan Contributions" list on the topic page with these fancy things you guys have made or I'll add it to the sprite kit itself. I might possibly make some edits to some of them, whether it be shading or shaping if I add it to the kit itself. Most likely I'll just make a "Fan Contributions" list on the topic page, but I'll do that later after I get some sleep. 

So I've made a little update...

Toa Nuva Chimoru R Sprite sheet

Really long overdue. I grew tired and moved onto other things. But with a combination of lack of sleep and boredom I decided to make the Toa Nuva Sprite sheet. I might make the Turaga Sprite sheet as well or at least release the parts of it for you guys. I'll have to dig it up somewhere. 

Also, if you guys use it and run into any problems inform me of what it is and I'll try to figure out if it's something I can fix. 

Anyway, thanks for keeping things active and alive. 

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Hey, Soran's back! You're free to use/edit any of my contributions in the kit. Most of them can be found in my Brickshelf gallery. I have a Rode in there that I sprited, but you might have missed it.

I also have my own try at most of the 2015 masks (including the Skull Spider and a terrible Mask of Creation), the Kiril, Iden, Rau, and a bit of a Suletu.

The Nuva look amazing by the way. :)

Edited by Click