Venus Transit

So! Today marks the momentus occasion of the main Venus Transit, in which, similar to an eclipse, Venus passes in front of the sun twice due to the earth spinning. It's actually only passing once, but it is twice to our perspective. I went to an event to see, and it was truly amazing. Apparently, the next time it will happen is in 150 years, so, it's literally a once-in-a-lifetime opprotunity.To celebrate? Turned in 2,100 game coins in Pokemon HeartGold for a Dratini, named it Venus....Yesssssssssssssss.So, what are your thoughts and/or experiences of this incredible event?

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

Pretty cool. Just disappeared (the sun that is. Behind some trees), so that's all I saw of it. But I did see Venus first crossing in front of the sun.I've recently been taking a "that actually exists" perspective on things, which makes stuff really strange. It's kinda cool when you stop and think that some millions of miles away a giant, round chunk of rock is passing in front of an even larger ball of plasma.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

I saw it! eclipse looked better though.

Watching it now on NASA Edge. It was night in the UK and now its 3:42AM and I've been watching since the beginning! 3 more hours left...

Edited by DrCowPan

I decide to visit BZP again and

EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED.

Even the signature functions! I'm not used to this much space!

I watched a little bit of it online, since it was cloudy out, and I did some "Milky Way and the Galaxy Girls" fanart of it.transit_of_venus_by_bunyip_of_boganup-d52khvv.png(To be clear, that's the character Venus going across the sun there.)

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

What?! Oh no! Nobody told me this was happening!

Eesh, bummer. I'm sure you can find some footage or something.

I watched a little bit of it online, since it was cloudy out, and I did some "Milky Way and the Galaxy Girls" fanart of it. -le image snip-(To be clear, that's the character Venus going across the sun there.)

Oh, neat. Too bad i don't know anything about that right now, or, at least i don't remember. I just woke up, after all.

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.