RPG Forum Contest 24

Black Six

Hm... If Waves wins, I might actually join. It will be the first time in what? Six months since I've last roleplayed here? This contest looks very promising, despite the disappointing lack of IoP.
Then you should definitely vote for it. :P
It's mimicking the power of the Mask of Charisma.Y'know Jedi Mind Tricks? It's basically those, except it works on anyone (excluding Toa of Psionics).
Mask of Charisma makes people see things your way. All it does is give you supernatural Charisma.
Kal is already antisocial and suspicious.He's just like that.That's why he's making a base in the forest.Lev's character can help.
Rule #1. Kill everything that doesn't look like it's from the Matoran Universe.Including that Agori guy who's only alive because he's an alien spy.(How's that for paranoid, Vorex?)Rule #2. Kill anything that looks creepy, even if it's from the Matoran Universe.Rule #3. Kill anyone who makes duck faces or says 'swag'.Rule #4. Trick everybody you don't like to make a duck face or talk about swag.Rule #5. Only Rock will be allowed (Country doesn't really fit, so we can't have that). No polka, rap, or polka rap.Rule #6. Kill anyone who sings polka rap.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

When I'm looking for a name, I just stick the words I want it based on in an online Latin translator and combine whatever pops out into a single word that looks about right to be a word. Except for Waves. All of those names were just cool syllable combinations. cool.pngFor a DH/Toa War RPG, I got - Atrena ObvirumRPG voting order for me (not exactly reflecting the best written RPG or best concept, just what my voting order will be based on what I think will be fun) is -Waves of the South (Default)~~~Goodbye InnocenceTransformation AND The Shifting SandsKirse: City of the Great BeingsFatal Error AND City of the DeadAfter those Magnificent Seven it's basically throwing darts at the board. If we need to vote for eight in the preliminaries I'll probably go with Desolation or Dusk Coliseum.I dunno if I'll go Shifting Sands or Transformation in the final. Hopefully only one makes it and I don't need to worry about that. :PBut yeah, we still have a lot of time left. That's highly susceptible to change.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Here's my pecking order for voting:

1. Transformation (obviously).
  2. Goodbye Innocence.
  3. Waves OR Sands. Maybe I should just go to the beach.
  4. Space where CotD would have been
  5. Surrender unto the Hive
  6. Kirse: City of the Great Beans
  7. The rest. No offense, but these entries don't tickle my fancy in the same way.

That's just the current order. It is highly susceptible to change due to edits, how I'm feeling at the time and how cool the promised Toa/DH War RPG turns out to be.

ppg2.png

1: Strike from the Shadows.2/3: The Shifting Sands.2/3: Surrender Unto the Hive.4: Isolation.5: Fatal Error.6: Goodbye Innocence.7: Transformation.8: Waves of the South.9: Kirse: City of the Great Beings.10: Troubles of Dawn.11/12/13/14:Dusk Coliseum11/12/13/14:Scourge11/12/13/14:Desolation11/12/13/14:Makutalypse.I have reasons for choosing each. For instance, Transformation, Goodbye Innocence, and Waves of the South were very well written, but the themes didn't really appeal to me. However, I ranked Isolation for instance because of its Hunger Game imitation, which I want to see in bionicle form, as bad working as it may be (seriously, try working starvation and weaponlessness with toa of plantlife, water and iron).And of course my top three are there for these reasons:Strike from the Shadows: I'm a sucker for the T/DH war theme, the reason why I ditched CotD for it.Shifting Sands: Kal has a good reputation as a GM, and the theme is excellent.Surrender unto the Hive: Vahki, Metru Nui, enough said. Great theme.

Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

1. Waves of the South: I wasn't all that fond of this one at first, but it's grown on me as time has gone by. And with CotD gone, it has been bumped up further.2. Strike from the Shadows: Depending on it's execution, this idea has my interest.3. Surrender unto the Hive: Vahki as PCs + War + Metru Nui= Win.4. Fatal Error: Potential for a very niteresting game, and I know the staff are good players.That's what I've decided for certain so far.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

1. Waves of the South: I wasn't all that fond of this one at first, but it's grown on me as time has gone by. And with CotD gone, it has been bumped up further.2. Strike from the Shadows: Depending on it's execution, this idea has my interest.3. Surrender unto the Hive: Vahki as PCs + War + Metru Nui= Win.4. Fatal Error: Potential for a very niteresting game, and I know the staff are good players.That's what I've decided for certain so far.
You really ought to move FE up a space. You already know that Kal's probably gonna make a few plots with you. XDBTW, FE fans, I'm just about to make a blog post (in fact, I've probably already made it by the time you read this), and it has something that you'll likely find interesting...

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

You see, it's all dependent on how much I like Strike from the shadows.What all of these games have in common, is that they allow custom species, and my favorite element. If Strike from the Shadows doesn't fit that criteria, it gets bumped back.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

You see, it's all dependent on how much I like Strike from the shadows.What all of these games have in common, is that they allow custom species, and my favorite element. If Strike from the Shadows doesn't fit that criteria, it gets bumped back.
Yes, but Fatal Error has ALIENS. That are awesome. I have made MOCs of them, which I will photograph as soon as I can, but they are awesome.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

....You're determined to tempt me, aren't you?I freaking love aliens. And survival games....Best I can say is maybe. When Zar's is up, I can make a better decision.
Also, I make concept art of technology featured in it. See my blog for an example. cool.png

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I need to give a reason for my choices? Fine.Waves of the South - Because I like the concept, and I'm shamelessly biased.Goodbye Innocence - This provides an interesting set up for some of my characters, and I think it'll be enjoyable if it wins. To all IoP players out there, this place will provide an excellent place for reuniting.Transformation AND The Shifting Sands - The first provides a better story and more motivation, but the second provides an interesting, IoPesque set up that I imagine would be quite enjoyable. Not as keen on either as the previous, and not sure which one I'd prefer.Kirse: City of the Great Beings - This one, again, provides an interesting setup, but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it as much as the ones up above.Fatal Error- Looks like it'll be a decently fun RPG if it wins, but I'm gonna need to make a lot of Portal references and that could get tedious after a long enough time period. I really don't want to worry about that. City of the Dead also held this spot, but I don't know how good the Toa/DH war one is going to be so meh.EDIT: Krayzikk, what is your favorite element? :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

My fav element?Psionics of course. People say that Gravity is the best, but how much good does it do you when I can overpower your mind, and force you to create a black hole in your own stomach?In a similar vein, Lev, there are two profiles I'm workng on that I'll want to run by you. They'll be used in the event of Waves' victory. Expect them to be PM'd sometime today.

fK5oqYf.jpg

@Zar: What are your reasons for having FE in 5th?
It was a good concept, sounded rather interesting. However, it also got there because I read it first. :P
So, Zarayna, I see you took my idea for a name.
Yes, I did.
Best I can say is maybe. When Zar's is up, I can make a better decision.
With some luck, that may be today. There's only a few locations, one staff character and a few other things undone.
Psionics of course. People say that Gravity is the best, but how much good does it do you when I can overpower your mind, and force you to create a black hole in your own stomach?
That's a very, very highly unlikely thing to be able to do. You'd only be able to pull that on a suicidal toa.And ftr, in Strike from the Shadows, Psionics is slightly limited; namely I made the mind control power more limited. Edited by Zarayna: The Quiet Light

Krayzikk, join Fatal Error.If you do, you can make more plots with Krayzikk and Kal.And, probably, Aclaraung and Song. cool.png'Twould be perfect.
How'd you know I was gonna make Song again? :o

fK5oqYf.jpg

Krayzikk, join Fatal Error.If you do, you can make more plots with Krayzikk and Kal.And, probably, Aclaraung and Song. cool.png'Twould be perfect.
I thought about making Aclaraung again.The pair is now inseperable....That, and Psionics is your favorite element. :P

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Yeah, just send them over whenever ya' feel like Krayzikk.I've got three profiles finished for Goodbye Innocence, and just those total a little short of 3000 words. Anyone who can write me up a 1000 word character profile certainly gets extra credit. :PAs for psionics, you couldn't actually do that because psionic mind control is limited to what your enemies want to do. Like a Suggestion spell - you could make a thief whose watching a noble walk by and waiting to slip his coin purse act a little sooner and get themselves caught, because they really want to, but they know better. You're just removing that.@Vorex, Yes, yes I do as a matter of fact. I will make Portal references as frequently as I can. We shall overdose the poor topic if it comes into being.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Quick question, it's not entirely relevant to Goodbye Innocence as a whole, but what's an A.T field? I recognized both of the other God Mode examples, but not that.
Google it. I just did. It's from something called Evangelion.Sounds like something Hubert would like.
Everybody from Shadows of a Doubt, it's election time.
Alright boss.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I thought about making Aclaraung again.The pair is now inseperable....That, and Psionics is your favorite element. :P
Do it. DO IT. XD
@Vorex, Yes, yes I do as a matter of fact. I will make Portal references as frequently as I can. We shall overdose the poor topic if it comes into being.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
Hey, if it gets voted through, you won't be able to BELIEVE the amount of references in the sequel. There'll be quite a few references made by Ian, as well.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

I MIGHT be tempted to allow Aclaraung into WotS if he had a... oh, let's say 550 word profile. I wrote a freaking 1100 word for Levacius in GI, and they're on the same power level. Full access to two elemental powers and supreme physical abilities might be too much, though, so it would have to be about half/half for the elements.Just saying, guys. Just saying. You know, if it affects decisions and all.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Being able to breathe fire and create heat, but not absorb it, and having minor telekinesis and telepathy would be balanced. How big is he, though? I always saw Skyrim dragon (normal Dragon dragon) size, some 6 Bio from head to tail. Not really sure.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Skyrim dragon would be fine.Also, if he can't absorb heat, would he be able to dispel it, at least?
Well yeah, create heat/dispel heat. Fly around, breathe fire at people. Somebody shoots a fireball at you, you could neutralize it, but not recharge your elemental supply with it. Probably have immunity to all fire as well.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Well that would be perfect, cool.I should go write that profile up and send it to you for pre-approval.
Jeez, Song can't escape him anywhere. 'Course, the dragon rider comparisons are going to be amped up to eleven with what will probably be Fury's first appearance since the 2010 BZPRPG.

fK5oqYf.jpg