General Art Contest #18: Lego Battlescapes -- Preliminary Poll A

Read the starting post below before voting, then select the number of the entry you prefer  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

battlescapessigjpg3.jpg

Welcome to the polls for the eighteenth General Art contest, and the first since GA became LEGO-in-general! The theme of this contest was Battlescapes -- to draw a battle of some kind, whether between two opponents or more, in a setting. Your job now is to choose the best artwork!Since there were only twelve entries total, I have decided not to split the contest into categories. There are two preliminary polls; the top three winning entries from each, or more if there are ties (depending) will move on to a final round, where three winners will be selected. Prizes will be gift cards for LEGO Shop@Home. :)Thumbnails link to medium size full images; please click each thumbnail to view those before voting. If you would like to learn more including artist comments, larger versions, or artist topic links, the entry titles below the thumbnails are links to the entry posts. Select the number in the above poll that corresponds to the entry you prefer in the randomized list below.Preliminary round begins now; ends at 11:59 PM EST Sunday June 17.Entries:

• [*]
bergthold__kyle.jpg Battle in the Lightning Temple [*]mushy_thmbnl.png Pirates of The Caribbean [*]crunchyentrythumbnail.jpg_thumb.jpg Roodaka Vs. Toa Hagah [*]gac_small.png Not the Fish She Wants to See [*]westvspacethumb.png LEGO® Wild West vs. Classic Space [*]6995893940_a22d17831e_m.jpg Swarm of the Century

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Man, very tough decision between 3 and 6. Both were well drawn, and the latter was ponies, but in the end seemed just a bit too cluttered, even if it's supposed to be a battle. 3 still conveys the battle feel while being cleaner. Thus, I went with 3 in the end.

Edited by Ballistic Jello Pickles

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

I voted for my brother Aanchir's entry, #6. As much as I wanted to like #3 based on how many rave reviews I heard (including from Aanchir himself), I felt it suffered from issues with posing and composition. While #6 certainly has a lot going on, I like that each element of it is discernable, so that all six Toa in it can share the spotlight.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Voted for five. Three was well-drawn, but I had absolutely no idea what was going on, as the various characters seemed pretty poorly posed. For instance, I don't know what the figure on the right is doing, where their face is, or where their arms are.~B~

Went with 6, because I love the idea, and because my brother told me to. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Went with 6, because I love the idea, and because my brother told me to. :P
I did not. mad.gif Unless you mean Lyi and not me.I appreciate your support but don't make people think I'm going out and demanding votes from people!
Sorry, I meant the fact that you're my brother made me vote for you. :P

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.