The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

Life.

AP World.

And money.

Off-topicness through, if I actually had Gold-or if any of you have a 14-day trial card or something I could use- I could do a gamenight friday.

Shame I threw away the one that came with 4. Shouldn't have done that.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Never thow those out. keep them to help a homie out, or when you're in desperate need of some Live time.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

I have a varsity game, so i would be as well. Maybe we can try for saturday?

War...war never changes.

I was thinking this saturday, but maybe we could pull it off next if we can all get the weekend free?

War...war never changes.

ok, then i think we were all thinking this saturday. I was at least idk about Lord of Wednesday though.

War...war never changes.

If we came on XBL at the same time, both with Gold, I would be very happy to do that. Oh, you meant in real life? If you pay for my plane ticket. :)Mother of-- how did i not see this and end up posting a dupe topic Sorry about that. Well it seems a lot of posts have been removed....so.... Anyone wondering what would happen if there was a Halo 2 moderator that caused Elite Ultras to dual wield Beam Rifles and have all the aim and speed of Jackal snipers?

Edited by -Windrider-

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 2 months later...

I tried Halo 2 on Legendary.

Bungie had no idea what they were doing, I'm sorry.

However, Heroic is palatable. Delicious, even.

Anyone excited for Spartan Assault to come to Xbox 360 and One? I definitely am, but only if it stays at the $7 price point... maybe at $10 due to the Co-op, DLC, and added missions, like with the Flood.

Speaking of which - is anybody buying an Xbox One?

My friend pre-ordered the Day One Edition, but I'm going to wait, as the only games I'm interested in are Destiny and Halo 5. And Halo 2 Anniversary. I'd prefer to buy a themed Xbox One, like a Destiny or Halo-themed one, like my current one.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Ima put off getting XBox one, gonna stick with 360 until the servers go down. As for SA, if it's not too expensive... and when I get my xbox back... Divorce sucks. :/

And I have doubts for halo 2 anniversary... I think they should simply return the multiplayer... miss that...

I tried Halo 2 on Legendary.

Bungie had no idea what they were doing, I'm sorry.

However, Heroic is palatable. Delicious, even.

Anyone excited for Spartan Assault to come to Xbox 360 and One? I definitely am, but only if it stays at the $7 price point... maybe at $10 due to the Co-op, DLC, and added missions, like with the Flood.

Speaking of which - is anybody buying an Xbox One?

My friend pre-ordered the Day One Edition, but I'm going to wait, as the only games I'm interested in are Destiny and Halo 5. And Halo 2 Anniversary. I'd prefer to buy a themed Xbox One, like a Destiny or Halo-themed one, like my current one.

I loved halo 2 on Legendary. In fact I'm still discovering new tactics to use, and having fun along the way.

Heroic is too easy to be fun in my opinion.

I'll buy the Xbox One if Destiny and Halo 5 prove to be good.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

My problem is how instantly you die and the sparsity of checkpoints given the difficulty. An Elite Ultra with a plasma rifle will kill you in less than a second given a clear shot. I've watched the videos on youtube, but my Elites always dodge plasma pistol blasts, ignore grenades, and murder me in a blink of an eye while I'm thinking "Two frags and a few rounds would have killed a warthog, but you are still kicking...."

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

Use cover and patience. Also, when given the chance, use a Beam Rifle rather than the EMP+Headshot trick. It seems to get the job done faster, and from a greater distance.

Another tip is the psychological part. Never think of yourself as a super soldier. In comparison to Marines, yeah, you are. But not to your enemies. Never assume you are stronger than any enemy. Be quick, and aim well.

As for snipers...take that be quick and aim well bit and multiply it by 10, then you'll be fine.

I find that there are enough checkpoints. Every room or area seems to give you at least one, after you kill everyone.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I just can't get past the second hangar room with half a dozen elites on Cairo Station. I think I'll play through the whole game on heroic to get a feel for it. A jump from normal to Legendary might be too much.

Oh, from Normal to Legendary, that explains it. Yes, Heroic will help.

Or you could have done what I did: Legendary the first time.

In that area, clear out the Elites before the Grunts. That way you have fewer Elites on your hands at a time. Then once all Elites are dead, kill just enough Grunts to trigger reinforcements. Final wave is marked by 2 Ultras and a Zealot, if you're on Legendary, at that point you can just kill anything you want.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Eh.

I just beat Arbiter on Legendary with relatively little difficulty.

How come the fourth level is easier than the first? Taking a beam rifle from your elite ally near the beginning (after he dies :/ ) can make a lot of areas easier. I carried my energy sword through the whole thing, but it was useless. Carbine, grenades, beam rifle.

I am a bit scared for Oracle though.

I don't bother letting him die, I trade weapons with him. The sword is basically useless on The Arbiter. I beat down an Elite to get a Carbine, then trade weapons with the ally that has a Beam Rifle, and kill everything until my Beam Rifle ran out. Then I use Carbine and Plasma Pistol for the rest of the level, and when Oracle starts I take an Energy Sword.

On Oracle, Energy Sword+Carbine's good. But when you face the Heretic Leader, you want a Carbine and dual Needlers.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Urkh. Oracle boss was terrrible...

But nothing compared to the pile of evil known as Delta Halo.

My marines all die near-instantaneously, leaving me to fend off the hordes with an SMG and a plasma pistol.

In other news, I tried doing box launching w/ Sputnik skull for the better part of an hour to try and get the Scarab Gun. No dice.

:(

Urkh. Oracle boss was terrrible...

But nothing compared to the pile of evil known as Delta Halo.

My marines all die near-instantaneously, leaving me to fend off the hordes with an SMG and a plasma pistol.

In other news, I tried doing box launching w/ Sputnik skull for the better part of an hour to try and get the Scarab Gun. No dice.

:(

Really? Delta Halo was nowhere near as bad as fighting that guy. You get a tank.

And try a Battle Rifle and a Plasma Pistol. Works a lot better. And later on, a Battle Rifle for Grunts and standard Jackals, and a Beam Rifle for Elites, sniper Jackals, and anything far enough away.

Yeah, the Scarab Gun's hard to get. But I got the IWHBYD skull.

Anyway, I decided to play Halo 2 and Halo 3 consecutively, for the linear experience feeling. When I got to Halo 3, it was much easier than it's ever been for me.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Yeah... it turns out I was trying to beat Delta Halo in a warthog... and with no rocket launchers...

When I actually realized this, my rocket marines still died, but I did get a tank. And the rest of my marines died. But I shall carry on!

I also beat Halo 2 before Halo 3, which added to the story feeling, but also made me used to the gameplay as well after primarily playing Halo 4.

Edit: AND THAT IS IT! I'm done with Halo 2 Legendary. Even with the Envy skull, Delta Halo is im-fricking-possible.

Here's why - in all the walkthroughs, your marines are supposed to come with you, and have power weapons. Here's what happens: THEY ALL DIE.

In all the walkthroughs, Jackals immediately drop their shields after one shot to the hand.... it's more like three, because of how shoddily rendered the shields are.

In all the walkthroughs, they somehow get checkpoints when I don't. Now, the last gripe, is that I'm at the drone area... no marines... and I'm locked at a checkpoint where I'm at the bottom level... with the envy skull, I can survive the first wave, then grab the sniper, then take out the Jackals... except either A) My headshots aren't headshots or B) they aren't anywhere where I can shoot, so when I stick my head out, they take my head off. Next time I boot it up, I won't even have Envy skull on... which rhymes with suicide.

I'm sorry, but whoever actually enjoys Halo 2 Legendary must be the kind of people who like sticking their *&&&s in a vice.

That said. Has anyone actually beaten Halo 2 LASO? In the world?

Edited by Wazdakka

Yeah... it turns out I was trying to beat Delta Halo in a warthog... and with no rocket launchers...

When I actually realized this, my rocket marines still died, but I did get a tank. And the rest of my marines died. But I shall carry on!

I also beat Halo 2 before Halo 3, which added to the story feeling, but also made me used to the gameplay as well after primarily playing Halo 4.

Edit: AND THAT IS IT! I'm done with Halo 2 Legendary. Even with the Envy skull, Delta Halo is im-fricking-possible.

Here's why - in all the walkthroughs, your marines are supposed to come with you, and have power weapons. Here's what happens: THEY ALL DIE.

In all the walkthroughs, Jackals immediately drop their shields after one shot to the hand.... it's more like three, because of how shoddily rendered the shields are.

In all the walkthroughs, they somehow get checkpoints when I don't. Now, the last gripe, is that I'm at the drone area... no marines... and I'm locked at a checkpoint where I'm at the bottom level... with the envy skull, I can survive the first wave, then grab the sniper, then take out the Jackals... except either A) My headshots aren't headshots or B) they aren't anywhere where I can shoot, so when I stick my head out, they take my head off. Next time I boot it up, I won't even have Envy skull on... which rhymes with suicide.

I'm sorry, but whoever actually enjoys Halo 2 Legendary must be the kind of people who like sticking their *&&&s in a vice.

Use of the Envy skull actually takes away the credit of winning in my book. Using any form of glitch (or an skull that makes the game easier) to win makes it nothing short of cheating.

Walkthroughs? Why would you even use those? It's far more credit (and fun) to do it yourself. And Marines (or any AI allies really) are never to be relied on. They can be a big help on a few occasions, but never, ever count on it.

I admit that Jackal shields are a little hard to deal with in Halo 2 because of the hitboxes compared to renders, but it's nowhere near that bad. As for headshot issues, that's understandable in Halo CE, but in Halo 2, I'm sorry, but that just means your aim is terrible.

Or..you know...maybe they have actual skill. I've done it 4 times and enjoyed each one, and I can assure you with utmost authority that I do not enjoy sticking my (beep) in a vice.

Now I would suggest you try to improve your own skills in order to win, rather than seeking help from skulls or walkthroughs and yet failing anyway. Good luck to you if you do.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

You could try checking out some of ZealotSG unfinished walkthroughs. Well, he's the only Halo 2 LASO user that I know of.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Ok.

I'm not just a terrible sniper (though I am) in Halo 2.

My reticule sits on their noggins... as far as I can tell, headshots from the side or through the neck are not actually headshots.

I spent several minutes learning the hard way.

That said, anyone up for an Anniversary or Halo 4 gamenight this weekend? I also got my first double kill with one sniper shot last Friday... maybe I actually should try using the sniper rifle instead of just staring at it on the maps.

Hello all, this Is my first topic in the completely off topic forum, . well, me and my friends have tried beating halo 3 ODST firefight world record for about 3 to 4 years going on now, we'll try it whenever we're bored or feel like trying to do it again and recently we've done far far better than we ever have.before our best was 1.6 million points, and the world record is 11 and a half million. recently, we have beaten our personal best by double and now our current record is 4 million.the 11 million record was set on 4 player on the map lost platoon, our attempt the record is on Alpha site on 4 player, I consider Alpha site to be the most difficult map because of the close quarters, also because of the lack of vehicles.we're going to be trying the record again the day after Thanksgiving hopefully we can win!So what is your personal best on ODST firefight, How many players did you have, and finally which map was it on?

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC