The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

I do have all the halo games on xbox and the games i do like are Halo reach and Halo 4.

Hero reach is a good game because i do like that you can play as your own spartan, the control feel a lot better then Halo 3 and killing people is also better then Halo 3 as well. the thing that i don't like is Forge Mode (i like that the Halo 4 made it a lot better) it give me a hard time to make a map in my opinion. Halo 4 is good and the only thing that i don't like in it is that they took out firefight (they should have it that you can make your own maps for firefight) and that spartan ops is really lag in it (i think they fix that but i don't know yet).

The Halo i don't like is Halo ODST, now i do like the story and i like that it have a somewhat free roaming game (later going to have a mmorpg game :P) but the big thing that i don't like is firefight lag city (i don't know if it just with people who play online or not) and microsoft didn't fixed it yet.

The weapon that i like to use in Halo is the Plasma Grenade (the weapon i use every 24/7), Assault Rifle and the Suppressor.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I concur with lone.

What time? 7 EST? 8 EST?

If 7, I probably will have to eat while playing. But yeah, I really cannot wait for you guys to be my guinea pigs playtesters for my map and gametype.

I was thinking the Halo 4 gamenight could be this Friday, at... 7 or 8PM central. But I am flexible. Saturday is pretty busy, but Sunday evening may work as well. Send PluggedSky51173 Friend Requests on XboxLive if you haven't already and tell me you're from BZPower.

Also... Punished Snake, are you Yang Xiao Long on 343industries.org?

Axilus, you're welcome to join if you'd like to. But I won't push you to play the best Halo of all time if you don't want to.

:P

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I concur with lone.

What time? 7 EST? 8 EST?

If 7, I probably will have to eat while playing. But yeah, I really cannot wait for you guys to be my guinea pigs playtesters for my map and gametype.

I was thinking the Halo 4 gamenight could be this Friday, at... 7 or 8PM central. But I am flexible. Saturday is pretty busy, but Sunday evening may work as well. Send PluggedSky51173 Friend Requests on XboxLive if you haven't already and tell me you're from BZPower.

Also... Punished Snake, are you Yang Xiao Long on 343industries.org?

Axilus, you're welcome to join if you'd like to. But I won't push you to play the best Halo of all time if you don't want to.

:P

I like to join this gamenight on Friday (plus i have a lot of freetime) just sent a friend requests to ShadowWolfHD and get ready to taste Plasma Grenade.

I may suck because i don't remember when the last time i played Halo.

sounds like a wonderful turnout.

Expect requests from me soon, and if you want maybe you guys could test out my map before game night...as in, now.

wheeeee

alright i will accepted when i get on but right now xbox is being a brain dead monkey right now (as normal)

OK.

Friday night should be good for me.

Please friend me (PluggedSky51173), as I won't be able to friend you until I get home from school tomorrow, due to a lack of access to the Xbox during the week. In addition, should "The X"/Xaron actually host the actual game if we want to play on his forge map, so he can select it?

That said, I'd really like to play maybe 2v2 or 3v3 amongst us on Castle or Bullseye DLC Maps, if you have those. If you don't, you kinda should... Daybreak is pure classic Halo, while Pitfall is The Pit, except in amazing graphics.

I have 3, Burnmad. I'd prefer to do 4, but if you can only make it on 3... I think we should play it by ear, see who is online at 7PM central, then make our choices.

I'm also very confused: I've beaten all of the levels in Halo 3 (save the last one), but I haven't gotten the achievements for Cortana or The Covenant yet... I've also read all of the Terminals, reading to the end, yet no Marathon Man.

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I've got 3, Reach and 4. No Newer DLC maps for 4 though.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Oh.

Yeah.

My internet is borked.

My wi-fi somehow isn't. Can I run XboxLive through Wi-Fi? Or does it have to be wired in?

If so, then I will be sad :( and will not make it. But I might.

Also. Burnmad, if you don't have Halo 4... you should definitely buy the Game of the Year Edition. $40 for the game and all of the Halo 4 DLC ever released, plus an extra avatar costume.

Edited by Wazdakka

Oh.

Yeah.

My internet is borked.

My wi-fi somehow isn't. Can I run XboxLive through Wi-Fi? Or does it have to be wired in?

If so, then I will be sad :( and will not make it. But I might.

Also. Burnmad, if you don't have Halo 4... you should definitely buy the Game of the Year Edition. $40 for the game and all of the Halo 4 DLC ever released, plus an extra avatar costume.

Eeeeehhh.

$20 is more in my price range for 4.

- :burnmad:

Eeeeehhh.

$20 is more in my price range for 4.

- :burnmad:

And thus the Lord created eBay. No, really... I bet you can get Halo 4 for $10, easily $20 on eBay.

Edit: Also, gamenight starts in T-15 mins!

Edited by Wazdakka

Reflection on the game night:

It was good to play with all of you... glad that everyone who said they'd show up did so. Had lots of fun. Hope you did too.

I'm sorry, Burnmad, but the match that we played was fair. You had lag and didn't know the locations of anything on the map - I hadn't played Halo 3 multiplayer since 2008 or 2009 at a friend's house.

Next game night, I think we should either A) play on smaller maps if we are just the 5 of us, or B) play online or co-op missions and/or Spartan Ops. That said, I do intend to get Halo: Reach in the near future, so perhaps our problems will be alleviated. If not, then I'm fine playing Halo 3 with everybody since we all have it, so long as we do not play with 5 people on a map meant for a group of 16.

G'night.

Gah, I missed it. Didn't get to be online yesterday at all. I could have joined in on the Halo 3/Reach part...assuming my internet was not under the influence of lag so horrible I couldn't do anything properly. (Remember those futile attempts at Firefight and co-op, Lone?)

Maybe next time. When is next time, by the way?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

No idea.

But for me, I've got a Thanksgiving break this coming week, which rhymes with a five-day weekend. I'll be able to play at almost any time, if you guys are able to.

In other news, I've finally purchased Reach on eBay. For Christmas.

I also played some Anniversary last night, and I have some conclusions between Reach and 4.

Halo 4 has a larger sandbox and weapon variety, which in turn makes a greater number of interesting combat scenarios. 4 has a greater emphasis on close combat vs. ranged combat - you know, the light rifle is a pocket sniper and the boltshot is a pocket shotgun. 4 is significantly faster paced, for better or for worse. Reach feels more Halo than 4, but that comes with some weaknesses, such as the terrible assault rifle and overpowered magnum, especially evident in Anniversary. No matter what, 3 shot headshot is a bit too strong in my book. I love the maps, however, and the game is a lot of fun.

"now try winning Reach on Legendary" I barely beat ODST on Normal. And people talk about winning on LASO. It frightens me that people can have such skill in videogames. Though, perhaps that's just my lack of any remarkable skill talking.

I bet I can do it. Challenge accepted, Axilus.

HAHAHA NOOOOO!!!!!

I prefer to beat Halo games on Normal (2, 3, Anniversary), or rarely Easy (4), before trying the harder difficulties. This is mainly because it fits to my image of what Halo and playing Halo should be like. I want to tear a bloody path through my alien enemies, their rounds either missing or glancing off of my shield, before my allies arrive behind me to widen the gap, forming a wedge of violent awesome that cuts towards victory. I like how that feels. The power. The pure fun. The Halo-ness of it.

That said, I will play on harder difficulties for achievements or unlocks, but I really don't enjoy it as much. With the exception of Spartan Ops... which is boring on non-Legendary.

I'll have to agree with you, though, that LASO and SLASO are just insane. I could never do them (though I have not tried), perhaps even with the help of the best guides and tutorials. There are, however, a few hints and tricks that you can use to make harder difficulties more palatable. In most of the Halos, the noob combo (headshot-capable weapon + charged plasma pistol) can decimate most foes, routinely sticking enemies with plasma grenades, pulling headshots on weaker foes like grunts, and using co-op for your own portable checkpoint can really make it easier. Knowing the general layout of the level and enemies is also useful. You can also use tricks and glitches to skip certain portions of the level, as many speed-runners will do.

But nothing tops practice and experience. I suggest you watch some videos on youtube to give you a start.

As to game night #2 - How about Tuesday night? Same time? 7PM Central?

P.S. Send me (PluggedSky51173) a friend request on XboxLive, Makuta Malignus.

Oh, that might explain your extreme frustration with Halo 2 Legendary.

I have an entirely different style. I prefer it when each foe is a threat, it adds to the weight of the thing and makes the character of the game I'm playing all the more awesome in my view. Otherwise...If his job is so easy, why care? I prefer it when I can get immersed and feel the stresses and successes. When being shot at matters, when using cover and tactics means life or death.

I prefer when it takes skill to do what I do, because I get bored if I win too easily, and of course if my task is actually challenging, there's a feeling of honor in accomplishing it. When I play Halo Reach, I even add to that by turning on Tough Luck, Catch, Cloud, and Thunderstorm.

But I do agree that LASO is utterly intolerable.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I'll assume no game night tonight thanks to no responses?

Actually we had it without you. Sorry about that.

So, anyone have favorite weapons? In power weapon and non power weapon categories.

For me, it's:

Halo CE: Pistol and Sniper Rifle

Halo 2: Carbine and Beam Rifle

Halo 3: Battle Rifle and Sniper Rifle

Halo 3 ODST: Haven't played it...or ever seen it in a store for that matter.

Halo Reach: DMR and (you're never gonna figure this out, it's impossible to guess) Sniper Rifle.

Halo 4: They're all the same. Seriously, you can take any automatic weapon and kill an Elite with it, very easily.

Oh, and I was kidding, Wazdakka. Don't go on a murderous rampage now.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I use just about anything I can get my hands on, but I kinda prefer snipers(magnum counts on occasion) and three-round burst for picking off enemies at a distance, and shotguns, brute shot, or anything automatic (though, preferably something a bit more powerful than, say, the auto pea shooter silenced SMG from ODST) for close range combat.

I'm having a hard time choosing from these specific categories. They're a bit too open, so I'm choosing from my own.

"Favorites:"

Attachments: Hardlight Shield or Autosentry. I don't know all of them, so it might change

Packages: I have yet to really try them

Melee: hard to really compare

Grenades: Plasma grenade or Spike

Pistols: Magnum, just because

Shotguns: They're all the same to me, and are, sadly, a bit underwhelming

ARs: eh, either the Assault Rifle or the Plasma Rifle

SMGs: Needler, I guess. I prefer ars over smgs.

BRs: depends on situation. Carbine for long range, Battle Rifle for short. Lightrifle in Halo 4 just because it is essentially both.

SRs: I'd say either DMR or Sniper Rifle

LMGs: Is the SAW the only one?

Grenade Launchers: are there any besides the Brute Shot? I don't even know if Concussion Rifle in 4 counts. AFAIK, Brute Shot

Rocket Launchers: The only difference I can tell is that the Fuel Rod Gun has more ammo

Other Hand-Held Anti-Materiel: Railgun has more ammo, Spartan Laser is more powerful

HMGs: I cannot determine any difference, plasma turret can wear down jackal shields, I think.

Other Mobile Turrets: Pretty sure Missile Pod is only one

Turrets: Hard to compare

Light Unarmed Ground Vehicles: Pretty sure only Mongoose counts

Light Armed Ground Vehicles: Ghost only needs one person and can boost, Warthog holds a passenger and a gunner, Gauss Hog has Gauss gun

Heavy Unarmed Ground Vehicles: Oliphant is the only one, this category is lame

Heavy Armed Ground Vehicles: Scorpion is faster and can hold passengers, Wraith is more powerful and has temporary boost

Light Aircraft: I've only flown a Banshee

Heavy Aircraft: Can you fly those?

bBhcfWO.png

Halo CE: Magnum and Rocket Launcher

Halo 2: Carbine and Rocket Launcher (but the sword is very comforting in flood levels, like a trusty old friend)

Halo 3: Dual Brute Spikers and Missile Pod

Halo: Reach: Needle Rifle or DMR and Grenade Launcher

Halo 4: All the Forerunner weapons and the UNSC small arms, minus the magnum. Sticky Detonator and INCINERATION KANNON are my favorite power weapons by far.

I don't really like the Magnum, DMR, and Battle Rifle, as I feel they are too mainstream. I prefer the Assault Rifle for close in and the Light Rifle for long-range. I miss dual-wielding. I'm also eagerly awaiting Spartan Assault on Xbox... It's December now.

Fortunately, they are adding some sort of survival coop mode for Spartan Assault.

Survive the waves of a bunch of angry Floods.

Rad. I just got Spartan Assault for Win 8 last night. Quite fun. The first couple levels were too easy, but the difficulty ramped up fast, and when you add skulls it can be unforgiving.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Fortunately, they are adding some sort of survival coop mode for Spartan Assault.

Survive the waves of a bunch of angry Floods.

Rad. I just got Spartan Assault for Win 8 last night. Quite fun. The first couple levels were too easy, but the difficulty ramped up fast, and when you add skulls it can be unforgiving.

I read that the game will soon be available for Xbox 360 and Xbox One users. Something worth wasting my cash on.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

I saw it was a red-stripe deal on Windows Phone a couple weeks ago, but I decided to wait to get it on Windows 8. And lucky me, it went on sale on Windows 8 the same time I got my Surface. ^_^

It's got nice art. I wonder how much nicer they'll make it look on the One.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Elites are much more fun to have as allies, especially in Halo 2. They are actually powerful, and it's a blast to outfit them all with power weapons, like Energy Swords and Rockets.

I'm kinda wishing that the Marines would not go all out and Rambo everything.

I hear ya. They get kinda zealous, then they get kinda killed.

Give them good weapons and they might be useful, but the Marines just immediately blows your cover when you're trying to be all sneaky.

Especially getting that achievement on Truth and Reconciliation.

Edited by MaliceGhost

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

So Spartan Assault is worth getting then? I've been iffy on it, but since I'll be getting an Xbox One I've been trying to pick some games to start with and keep looking at it. Just wish we knew for sure when it'll be coming out.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."