The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

Getting an Xbox, with Reach.I cannot wait, I love Forge.and it comes with 3 free months of live, but not the month trial... it ocmes with the XBL card.I'm going to be forging it up, mostly.Working on Sky City:Apocalypse (Map idea: City in the sky on two phased grids, and half of all buildings are on normal physics. After 60 seconds, the grids respawn, causing the buildings to fall onto a platform below. Map changes every time, and after 120 second you can acsess the top again, and have a larger battle area. Fun for everyone! Slayer free-for all map, no vehicles)Cannot wiat!

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I've never played a halo game(No Xbox)but for a while I was quite into the Mega bloks sets they had, and i messed around on the wiki and found that the story was actually quite good.So i entered a contest(Again related to MB)to win an Xbox and all the halo games(I didn't win unfortunately)and I ended up asking my mom if she would ever let me play halo even though it was rated M, she said no.But after watching a complete Playthrough of reach, there really isn't much blood, no corpses can be gibbed, and there really isn't much blood, and even then it's just small spatters around. I've played brink and it has about the same amount of violence, but it's rated T.So What does everyone think about why Halo is rated M?~ELM~

I agree with the rating, and like many games it was obviously pushed to be rated M (this usually does work, save for cases when they purposely bump up an E game to E+10 which usually fails. :P) After having the same situation, I finally got my mom to agree to let me have it afterA: I showed her the Common Sense Media review (LMK if you want it and I'll send you a PM.)B: I agreed that it would just be a one-time thing and I would stop bugging her for M-rated games.You could try this with her and see if she'll let you get it.Now, to decide between Halo Reach, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.
The obvious choice is Skyrim.--I'm waiting still to get Reach, and I'm sure I'll be begging for 4 when it comes out (hopefully I'll be able to get it when it comes out). Sadly, my mom has refused to let us get XBL, since it is basically a swearhole, and she doesn't take kindly to people swearing at her children while playing simple video games.So I'm restricted to offline play with my siblings(SKYRIM), Forge is pretty much useless unless you have XBL, so Firefight becomes the most played gametype (or custom games, if you're more into that).-Skar
Well I can only access XBL by hooking it up to our laptop since I don't have a wireless network adapter and I'm too cheap to get a Gold Membership anyways. (I generally use it for downloading stuff.) Also, gamestop is having a buy-2-get-1-free deal on pre-owned games, so I'm hoping to get a couple ones for gamecube (probably SSB Melee, and Sonic Adventure DX,) and get Halo Reach for free.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

SO...does the Halo CEA multiplayer work without Halo Reach? And if I do have a rank in Halo Reach multiplayer, will my rank and stuff get carried over to the Halo CEA multiplayer?

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

I see. Then I should be getting this CEA by the next week, am getting bored of Reach. Legendary's gonna be a real tough cookie...

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

There aren't many players on Halo 3 these days, true, but I was able to get games last night without much wait.As for Anniversary and Reach, no. Getting them at Gamestop is a mistake. Amazon has them for the same price as Gamestop's used, but they're new on Amazon and free shipping and no tax. Also, if you're getting Anniversary used, chances are the previous owner has used the map code already and that would really really suck.

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I just got a 360 yesterday, and have already scored Halo 3 and ODST. Sounds like they are pretty much dead though online. I am waiting for my roomate to get back so I can get the 360 online. Are Anniversery and Reach worth the amount that Gamestop is charging for used?

The download codes for Reach are only like 20 on Ebay. :PHas anybody else's copy of Reach messed up, and not given them achievments, even though they've beat the campaign. On Legendary. Alone.It tells me I haven't beat a mission, since like the fourth.

I've been mostly playing Heroic and blowing through it, solo or co-op. It's easier than I remembered, which is weird, because I played it less that a year ago. Last night I tackled my first Legendary attempt, The Library with my brother. Sure, we died a lot. But we only got hung up once, and that didn't last too long.On the other hand... I still haven't beat the last level of Reach on solo Legendary. I freaking hated that level on Heroic. On Legendary it is nightmarish.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

@electric Turahk: That level is awful. I beat it after eight hours. That was when I decided to drop down to Heroic. The difference in difficulty is amazing. I honestly recommend you drop down to heroic, then do legendary with a friend. That seems the best way to do it.@Bundalings: I do feel the legendary is much more manageable with another player. Solo there's just too many enemies to make any significant progress without getting really lucky. With double the firepower and half the attention on you, I can see it being a much less frustrating affair. I'm not saying it can't be done solo, but as someone who can breeze through legendary for every other Halo without issue, this is definitely a step above the other games in terms of difficulty.On that note, where are you getting hung up on the last level of Reach? I thought that level was pretty straightforward, so maybe you're just missing something.

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

I hope when the Mythic guys are creating the difficulty for CEA, I hope they make an exceptino to the "All Skulls On" thing with Bandanna. It basically means you can burn through levels without a second thought. Plus, it cancels out the effects of the Recession and Famine skulls. Seriously, I don't think any of the most seasoned Halo fans could appreciate that. One of the things I think 343 messed up on. Anyway, I'm playing the campaign on Heroic now, and I'm stuck on one part of Assault on the Control Room. I bet Legendary will be a blast. <_<

redteamsig.jpg

Credit for the avatar and banner goes to Shattered Mask Productions.

I'm a trooper, ain't no way I'm making it easy for me. :PI finally made it to the big hangar at the end, though. Sooo. Cloooose.Oh how I look forward to going through on Easy just for achievements, skulls, and terminals... Because frankly Legendary makes it too hard to search. I found one in the hangar on accident.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I really need to get a TV of my own again. >_<Then I can finish ODST and Wars, and start on Anniversary.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Well, the only Achievs I need now are Legendary and the Achievs for Two Betrayals, Keyes, and The Maw... Surprisingly Beachhead and All According to Plan weren't that hard, but Wraith Hunter was impossible until I figured out how to get that first Wraith before the Scorpion.Not looking forward to Speed Reader, though... I almost got That Just Happened while I was running through co-op with my brother, but now he refuses to do The Library again, so I need to find someone to go through that with me, because I'm probably not going to get it solo.

19704_s.gif

On that note, where are you getting hung up on the last level of Reach? I thought that level was pretty straightforward, so maybe you're just missing something.

I'm thinking he means Pillar of Autumn, not Lone Wolf..
Obviously. You can't beat Lone Wolf. Pillar of Autumn is a pretty easy level. The only part I found challenging was the wraith tank.

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

Well, the only Achievs I need now are Legendary and the Achievs for Two Betrayals, Keyes, and The Maw... Surprisingly Beachhead and All According to Plan weren't that hard, but Wraith Hunter was impossible until I figured out how to get that first Wraith before the Scorpion.Not looking forward to Speed Reader, though... I almost got That Just Happened while I was running through co-op with my brother, but now he refuses to do The Library again, so I need to find someone to go through that with me, because I'm probably not going to get it solo.

I'll do it, just add me and invite!

Gotta get my own TV first. :POr a PC monitor that will actually work with headphones. (Neither of my 24 inch ones seem compatible, oddly enough.)

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

It is defiantly. i've given up on halo 3 heroic campaign Cortanta level has well and truly stumped me because of how difficult it is it used all the shotgun ammo in the space of 3 minutes :( how did that guy next to the other flame-thrower get so far in? aslo any tips for getting up to the bandanna skull in HCEA i've seen the warthog used to get it but i cant get it passed the room full of crates.

Heroic cortana is all about plasma rifles.And the Bandanna skull is just a simple grenade or rocket jump. Grab one of the over shields and have fun.

So, would one of you recommend CEA if we already have the original version of Halo? I've seen it, but really don't care for it. And, still, I'd say that I should get Reach?

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.