The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

My guess is the challenges are nothing more than Call of Duty contracts, different ones eachday that can be chosen and such.

Nope, you can completely customize your own challenge. You can set the time, how many enemies must be killed, and what enemies must be killed. And that's only for one type of challenge. Then there's also campaign and matchmaking challenges. ~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

My guess is the challenges are nothing more than Call of Duty contracts, different ones eachday that can be chosen and such.

Nope, you can completely customize your own challenge. You can set the time, how many enemies must be killed, and what enemies must be killed. And that's only for one type of challenge. Then there's also campaign and matchmaking challenges. ~U_K~
... What?

... What?
I believe this sums it up pretty nicely: vh6psj.png ~U_K~ Edited by Ultimate_Kardas

alienbanner.jpg

I know it's a weird aesthetic choice, but I want more knee guards. All of the (very limited) Reach ones don't look that great. And new armor for Anniversary would be another incentive to actually earn credits, other than just ranking up - which is the only reason I need them anymore. And with how many it takes to rank up in the higher levels... It's really losing its appeal. ~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Two words-RED VISOR COLOR :drool: . I would so be playing reach more instead of gears 3 if I could earn it.Come on 343.Do better then Bungie. ~Silver the Hedgehog~

I definitely agree with this, all the way! I'm really hoping that 343 sets the bar higher for Halo Reach. And new armor permutations/visor colors would ROCK!

nytronepic2_copy.png

Watching Halo4Follower's new video, it seems pretty interesting. However, I'm severely disappointed with the Grunts. They don't look like the cute little midgets that made you feel guilty when you killed them. I don't know if I'm correct, but if they implemented Jun's visor and knife shoulder into Chess, then they could probably give us the visor and shoulder, too. Not sure, though. I'm also pretty sure they can implement other Falcon variants in new maps. Also, the Flood looks amazing in Anniversary. ALSO: If you have a Kinect, you can say "grenade" or "reload" and you'll do just that. You also have a library. If you put your cursor over something, say a Grunt, it will be analyzed and the information from the Grunt will be in your library. Rank will be specific, too. Say you analyze a Grunt Minor, It will show information about the Grunt Minor. You can also rotate its model 360 degrees. When you analyze something, thermal vision turns on. I don't know if it's really thermal, but it looks like it.

Edited by A Happy Buzzsaw

Flickr: Happybuzzsaw

Combat Evolved: Anniversary looks pretty good( I pre ordered it). The new terminals are sweet, but I would've liked the GBP skull better than GF.And am I the only one who didn't like the Beta Hoppers playlist in Reach?

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

I beat 3, ODST, and Reach on Legendary. ODST was definitely the easiest, then Reach (I don't get why everyone thinks it's so hard), and H3 because of those FREAKING JACKAL SNIPERS.

Really? That's odd... When it comes to Legendary, here's my rankings: Easiest-to-hardest:1) Halo 32) Halo 3:ODST3) Halo: Reach4) Halo: CE5) Halo 2 H3/ODST are laughably easy. The flood don't even matter because you can punch through them, and swords make pures a joke more often than not. ODST, too, was pretty easy. I'd only say more difficult because you're weaker, your melees aren't as good, and drone swarms when you don't have a good weapon. Reach was a nice level of difficulty, actually. I'd say it ranks up there right with CE in actuality. And if you think H:R is easy, do Pillar of Autumn on Mythic. It's pretty rough, and -nearly- impossible in the very final area after Keyes has the Package. You get bonus points if you do it solo, without a friend. Halo CE is practically tied with Reach IMO; it's only ranked higher up because, quite frankly, the designs of the game at that time made it more difficult. Physics are a bit more sloppy, and it's harder to avoid attacks to begin with, not to mention fall damage in that game/getting tapped by a vehicle. Otherwise, aside from the Library, Halo CE is about on par with Reach. Finally, Halo 2 on Legendary... this one took me the absolute longest to beat. Flood, Sniper Jackals, Brutes, Drone Swarms... all just absolutely awful. Jackal Snipers win so many gunfights because you always seem to miss juuust one that kills you. Drone swarms are nasty if you aren't prepared with a BR or sniping weapon. Brutes are just devastating when encountered in more than pairs... Raging brutes caused so many deaths in Halo 2 Legendary. And finally.. this was probably the hardest the Flood had ever been. No Flood buddies, no melee devastation. Plus, they're actually decent with weapons in this game and significantly faster. All in all, Halo 2 is probably the monster of monsters to tackle on Legendary... let alone Mythic. One can only hope they do a Halo 2 Remake at some point, if only so we have every Halo as an official 360 title, plus the graphics are also just a little out of date (lots of clipping..)

I never said it was easy, I just said I didn't think it was as hard as everyone made it out to be. People were saying it was harder than 3, but I didn't really see that. A lot of the time in H3 I was stuck behind cover, waiting for minutes for an opportunity to kill those FRICKING JACKAL SNIPERS. That kind of situation only ever happened to me once in Reach, clearing the pad for Keyes. Aside from the snipers, though, H3 was pretty easy. In ODST they only took out my stamina and half my health in a hit instead of sniping me, so I could take them down with an Automag shot or 2.

19704_s.gif

I find H# Legendary to be no more difficult that H2 Heroic. Aside from CE, "difficulty" really comes down to the existence of legendary snipers. H2 really came in hard with them, and I guess Bungie felt like they had to back them off. Halo 3 only really had LSnipers in the level Sierra 117 (or whatever the jungle one was called), and you never really saw them again. ODST had them in the "hub" level and a couple of times in NMPDHQ, and you pretty much knew where. Reach brought back the vicious little guys, who somehow know how to use Focus Rifles better than I ever will. But you only ever really see them in firefight.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Halo is cool. I have all the games.I have many of the novels. Yeah. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Haha, I agree, that actually is awesome. :P I've fallen down the rabbit hole enough now that I'll probably end up getting the highest edition of Halo 4 - if there is one. Thank goodness Anniversary doesn't have any special editions... ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Well yeah, I knew about that. But it's just a preorder bonus (you were right with Gamestop; that's where I'm getting it from). There's no "Limited Edition" or "Legendary Edition" of the game is what I meant. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.