The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

I've never played a halo game(No Xbox)but for a while I was quite into the Mega bloks sets they had, and i messed around on the wiki and found that the story was actually quite good.So i entered a contest(Again related to MB)to win an Xbox and all the halo games(I didn't win unfortunately)and I ended up asking my mom if she would ever let me play halo even though it was rated M, she said no.But after watching a complete Playthrough of reach, there really isn't much blood, no corpses can be gibbed, and there really isn't much blood, and even then it's just small spatters around. I've played brink and it has about the same amount of violence, but it's rated T.So What does everyone think about why Halo is rated M?~ELM~

andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

So, anyone enjoy SWAT? Wanna play a few rounds? I'm usually on if there are multiplayer challenges.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

My theroy:Well, many people today consider the lower rating for age a game has, the worse it is. Which is why Super Smash Bros series is T, when it really isn't that bad.Halo isn't as bad either. The worst is the Flood, and that's it. I mean, you kill aliens. You don't spear them, rip out ther guts and stuff, do you? You simply shoot them, unless you have an energy sword. And if you ave that, all it does is go through them and come out. Not much blood. IF I were to rate Reach and ODST, they would be T, but the ones with the Flood... eh, barely M. In fact, my friend had Fall Of Reach, and in the back it showed an ad for Combat Evolved. IT was rated T. So yeah, Halo is more of a borderline thing. [/rant]

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Halo was voluntarily pushed to an M rating by Bungie, I believe. There's nothing in the game that actually constitutes an M rating, Bungie just felt that it was meant for an older audience.

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

Got a question, do I need to turn on the Blind Skull for Tip of The Spear LASO

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

No. The first LASO had blind, but they've since left it out of LASO challenges since.

Thank the stars, Blind made life a living nightmare. Edited by FlutterTree

Spoilers! D:<

Yeah I've got what I presume are the first two terminals, unless there's more than one per level. And... I like what we're seeing, but at the same time it's just strange. It isn't what I expected from them at all.

I'm also really, really regretting making my first playthrough be on Legendary like I've always done. >_< SO HARD.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Fifth Terminal > waaaht

So about 95+/- thousand years ago a ship crashed on Installation 04. It was short range. No one ever came out. Guilty Spark could not figure out who it was or how they survived the Halo event.

MUST KNOW MOREI've found a few Skulls, but unfortunately it seems if you are playing with a friend, only the one that picks it up gets it. And on subsequent playthroughs it does not appear if one of the players has already obtained it. This means that even though I have found three Skulls, I only have one. =/

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I did play the Halo 2 campaign 15 times over...it is like a game that Bungie does not want remembered, however. Or 343 Industries for that matter.

Well I'm back. I did get Halo CEA warthog edition as it is called here in NZ, it comes with a remote controlled warthog. I have foundsome of the terminals and I think they are very interesting. Can't wait to find more.

star_wars_banner_2.png

Xbl gt:voiced otter

a fan of Bionicle Star Wars forever

anyway I have pretty much left bzp don't ask why I will post occasionally but please don't ask me to come back properly or I will never post again

It has the same armory, but the only maps you can use with Anniversary are the new ones, unfortunately. You'll need Reach for the bulk of the matchmaking experience. Anniversary comes with a download code so you can get the Anniversary map pack and play all the maps from the Reach disc.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

I saw all the Terminals. Does anyone else get the impression the enemy is actually

The Didact and the Prometheans? He's referred to in the present tense, and when it all fades out, you see his symbol pop up before it's swallowed by flames. Also, what's this about a contingency protocol if humans gain control of a ring? (Supposedly the new book has humans at Halo Ring #3) I'm conviced the Timeless one will be an enemy, but he be the "Suprise" of Halo 4, like the Flood were in Halo?

Edited by Rausaro

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

The thing with the challenges though is that it will hopefully help gamers like me who play multiple games, including CoD (not anymore though, MW3 was a huge dissapointment) and Battlefield. By the time Halo 4 comes out, I still won't be an Inheritor. But so far, I'm really pleased with how Halo CEA turned out:) the new firefight map is my new favorite for firefight, and it's good to play the campaign again as well.

Today in matchmaking I saw a guy that was leaving behind a trail of flames. Not a flaming head. A trail of flames, stretching about two meters behind him whenever he walked. I haven't heard anything about new armor effects, or new armor anything. Anyone know about it? I played a couple games with him but I haven't reviewed the films. A 343 exclusive thing, maybe?

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Yeah. If it was the new maps, I think they have put in at least 2 powerups of different types on the new maps. I found the Invisibility Power Up (whatever it's called, it's pretty neat) and I saw that trailing flames power up and I had the pleasure of being killed by a user of it on Headlong.I found the other two power ups on Timberland or whatever it's called, so I would assume it's the same with the other maps. Or maybe not? I was playing Big Team Slayer and Big Team CTF.

smallerreturn_zps14763e2b.gif?t=13727274

I'm sort of half-really-not-back. Again.

I've never played a halo game(No Xbox)but for a while I was quite into the Mega bloks sets they had, and i messed around on the wiki and found that the story was actually quite good.So i entered a contest(Again related to MB)to win an Xbox and all the halo games(I didn't win unfortunately)and I ended up asking my mom if she would ever let me play halo even though it was rated M, she said no.But after watching a complete Playthrough of reach, there really isn't much blood, no corpses can be gibbed, and there really isn't much blood, and even then it's just small spatters around. I've played brink and it has about the same amount of violence, but it's rated T.So What does everyone think about why Halo is rated M?~ELM~

I agree with the rating, and like many games it was obviously pushed to be rated M (this usually does work, save for cases when they purposely bump up an E game to E+10 which usually fails. :P) After having the same situation, I finally got my mom to agree to let me have it afterA: I showed her the Common Sense Media review (LMK if you want it and I'll send you a PM.)B: I agreed that it would just be a one-time thing and I would stop bugging her for M-rated games.You could try this with her and see if she'll let you get it.Now, to decide between Halo Reach, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

The trailing flames is the new overshield effect.~U_K~

Ah, no wonder I've never seen it. Is that on all maps or just the new ones?@ Hyper Rarity: I hear Shattered Dimensions is pretty mediocre. Get Reach, it's like $30 on Amazon. Then you can buy map packs. Glorious map packs.Arkham Asylum looks great, too, but this is the Halo topic, so what do you expect us to say? (but seriously buy Reach)

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Anniversary is awesome. I'm sorry but since I saw the Halo 4 teaser, I just kept thinking "ZOM , it's Mass Effect" seriously, I think Halo and Mass Effect makes for a great combination even though Master Chief would own in that universe lol.And also, even though no one would admit it, the rated-M would most likely be for online play LOL BEWARE WHEN YOU ENTER THE INTERWEBS OV MATCHMAKING XD

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

I agree with the rating, and like many games it was obviously pushed to be rated M (this usually does work, save for cases when they purposely bump up an E game to E+10 which usually fails. :P) After having the same situation, I finally got my mom to agree to let me have it afterA: I showed her the Common Sense Media review (LMK if you want it and I'll send you a PM.)B: I agreed that it would just be a one-time thing and I would stop bugging her for M-rated games.You could try this with her and see if she'll let you get it.Now, to decide between Halo Reach, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.
The obvious choice is Skyrim.--I'm waiting still to get Reach, and I'm sure I'll be begging for 4 when it comes out (hopefully I'll be able to get it when it comes out). Sadly, my mom has refused to let us get XBL, since it is basically a swearhole, and she doesn't take kindly to people swearing at her children while playing simple video games.So I'm restricted to offline play with my siblings(SKYRIM), Forge is pretty much useless unless you have XBL, so Firefight becomes the most played gametype (or custom games, if you're more into that). -Skar