Tali Toa Of Water

Here's one of my latest creations - Tali Toa of waterTali is a member of the ruling family of the Water Province in Cathay. After becoming a Toa she received the golden water Dao, a massive blade that she channels her water powers through. Since wielders of water have been trained to be calm, even when in battle, the weapon is odd in that the edge will become sharper the more she channels her power and her anger into it. Cathay faces numerous threats from rival nations, as well as extraterrestial invasions and it is up to Tali to live up to the legends of Toas of the past to bring balance back to her world.Tali is part of a toa team that I'm building (They're all about titan sized.) Sorry about the bad photos - taken with a cell phone camara.Gallary: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=505325

Thanks, I wanted that mask because I felt it was the most "human" and it helped me form the hair around it. Also white seemed more feminine to me for some reason, lol.

Weird. It's telling me that the gallery isn't public yet. Did you change something?-Ced
Hey sorry, I uploaded some more pics, you should be able to see them now.
this is really cool i have to complement on the textures of him and how you used some ice based charecters to build him.He is also very thick and bold wich gives the bionicle life
lol she's supposed to be femaile actually. I was going for a blue/white kind of character cause I thought they mixed well.

First and foremost, you really need to get clear pictures. A clean background and good lighting helps as well, but it's a pain to critique a MOC with blurry pictures.That said, you have some fantastic stuff here. The hair and head is very well done. Definitely shorten the neck by a couple of studs, it makes the entire body seem more out of proportion and thin than it is. Raising the shoulders just a tad would also help. The torso could be smoother, but the overall effect is great. I like the shape, recognizeably feminine without being overdone. It could be a bit wider, but this is fine. The pins sticking out of the Inika shoulders are very out of place. It looks like they're the rubber band holding ball bits, and if so, they shouldn't be structuraly necessary, so just take them off. The thighs look too wide, and like you just threw together a few pieces. I'd put a little more effort into getting the correct proportions and shape. Same with the rest of the legs. They serve their purpose, but to really match with the fantastic other parts of the MOC, they need a bit more work. Cool weapons and arms.Overall, it's a really well done figure. It doesn't look like a Toa at all, what with the absurd hair and high heels, but as a caricature of a lady it's very good. Again, fantastic head. I hope all my suggestions don't give the wrong impression, I really do like the MOC. It reminds me of a certain (very talented) PateKeetongu.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Overall, it's a really well done figure. It doesn't look like a Toa at all, what with the absurd hair and high heels, but as a caricature of a lady it's very good. Again, fantastic head. I hope all my suggestions don't give the wrong impression, I really do like the MOC. It reminds me of a certain (very talented) PateKeetongu.
Thanks! I totally agree. I kind of made the head, got over excited because I'd been trying to figure out how to make the "hair" work for so long, that I didn't really make a good body. I usually make the head first so I know how the rest should look. I googled patekeetongu and found his flikrstream. I see what you mean, there is definitely room for improvement in mine. I'm not sure how he did the hair, but I found that the robot villan body from the robot/mech theme (which was kind of like ninjago) works well because it has a pin attachment in the back and multiple joint attachmenets. I'm definitely changing the torso to something else first, and also the hips I don't like either. Thanks again!