Looking For 3D Bionicle Models (1St Generation) - Mnog Remastered

Matt5327

A friend and I are working on a 3D remastered version of the original MNOG (Mata Nui Online Game). We both have experience in modeling, however the complex pieces offered by Bionicle make for excruciatingly slow progress. If others wish to help out, we are searching for any extra models people may have created (all contributors will be included in final credits).Thanks,-Matt5327One example of an unfinished work:scaled.php?server=715&filename=tohungahead.png&res=landing

• Upvote 1

What remains?! It's still alive and thriving, just not on BZP. I'm sure you could contact them through secret means, since I can't link on BZP, as long as you know the password. :PBasically, Google Bionextgen, find the forum, sign up, and post a topic. Your model is looking very nice though, I wouldn't ask them for everything ;)

The reason I'm hesitant about going to Bionicle: Next Generation is because the project, to my knowledge, is devoted to a separate game (and members are only people working on that game). Of course, I may be wrong. If somebody were to correct me on that, that would be excellent. :)

I don't know where you can find renders, and in all honesty I question whether such a project is worth the effort. I felt the simplified art style in the Mata Nui Online Game was one of its greatest strengths, and something the theme regrettably lost as the years wore on.Still, if you can manage to maintain that charm in a 3D conversion, I wish you luck.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Before the downtime, I was working on a project called "BIONICLE: Year One" - which, with a few minor alterations, was what you are describing as your project here.I'm still working intermittently on getting the project back up and running, but it's a slow, unrewarding, and sometimes tedious process.From what I learned, very few people who know how to model in 3D are willing to donate their time. At one point, Year One was to use the same models as the B:NG project, but that was not feasible due to the amount of polygons that were used to make them realistic. As such, I have devoted some of my free time to learning how to model in three dimensions - but I can't do it all by myself. Those that say they are willing to take their time often plain forget about their commitment.Good luck with your project, however. If you want to have more information regarding Year One - or what I learned when it was up and running on the forums - get 10 posts so you can shoot me a PM.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The reason I'm hesitant about going to Bionicle: Next Generation is because the project, to my knowledge, is devoted to a separate game (and members are only people working on that game). Of course, I may be wrong. If somebody were to correct me on that, that would be excellent. :)
Actually, it's a movie, and as Sumiki said, in movies you can use a lot of polygons without much consequence to make the characters realistic, but in a game, too many polygons results in every gamer's worst enemy: lag. So it might be better to do your own model, but I think that some of the B:NG staff is also working on an RPG called Bionicle: Universe (I'm hoping that's okay to link to), and they are working on a few lower poly models for that.

Actually, it's a movie, and as Sumiki said, in movies you can use a lot of polygons without much consequence to make the characters realistic, but in a game, too many polygons results in every gamer's worst enemy: lag. So it might be better to do your own model, but I think that some of the B:NG staff is also working on an RPG called Bionicle: Universe (I'm hoping that's okay to link to), and they are working on a few lower poly models for that.
That's excellent. I'll try doing some research in that area, thank you!

• 2 years later...