Alex Humva

OOC: Hmm. Well, I'd have to think about it, but I think that would be a cool thing. I might let that happen to Cairye sometime, haha. IC: Cairye closed his eyes for a moment, calming the rage that was threatening to build. He sheathed his blade across his back, the metal on his hands melting into two plain gauntlets around his wrists. He tossed his hood, back, and opened his eyes. He placed one foot back, and took a defensive stance, two fingers of each hand raised. He did not reply to Monroe, but his eyes dared the commander to make a move. He better be careful if he wants to keep that sword.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: {Jonis/\Human/\Shooting a warlock from a tree}Jonis saw the shot "plink" against the metal. He was about to shoot again when the girl jumped him.Not trying to hit the girl, he shot three shots rapidly to put the warlock into confusion

I am/Have been:

Thomas.Hunter

Thomas of Hunter

Valborg Svensson

ThePatronSaintOfLostCauses

I've been gone for awhile. Thought I'd come back for the new fourms.

OOCWoot woot page ten folks oh **** that means I have to type up a recap xD IC [Arhtok, Night] Monroe was perfectly happy with waiting the man out; he held both hands behind his back, getting into a tense rest position, a battle posture used in lulls in battle. It also allowed him to press a fuse into the explosive cube, readying it for detonation. He had decided the titanium giant would be the target, but he'd have to be careful not to harm the lieutenant in the process.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Cairye began moving slowly towards the man, never dropping his defensive posture, arms spread in front of him. IC: The three shots were intercepted however, by the body of a hulking metal giant, which then turned its sights on Jonis. Jerry began walking towards the man, his titanium feet making heavy thuds against the ground.

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: {Jonis/\Human/\About to be screwed by Iron Man 3.0}Jonis saw the giant... thing intercept the shots and start coming at him. How did the thing even see him anyways?Calm. Stay Calm.Jonis picked up some more shots and started loading and firing. Only to have them bounce of that thing.Run? Or Stay? Well staying would mean death and a waste of more shots. And death.Running would be good.

I am/Have been:

Thomas.Hunter

Thomas of Hunter

Valborg Svensson

OOCOfficial Recap for pages 1-10. Including pages 1-2 of previous topic. ~The Makers Fist is assembled; all human players drafted into it.~Attack on Mox begins by unknown creatures.~Evacuation of Mox to Arhtok begins ~MF is briefed on their mission~MF goes to Xorov, learns of the Books of Prophecy being opened.~Warlock council opens up Books of Prophecy~MF is sent to Arhtok to destroy the spring and council chambers~Warlock players called to council, given quest to find the sword of Epac.~Council chambers destroyed~Human assault on Arhtok begins, sky turns unnatural black and previously mentioned strange creatures appear in the sky.~Arhtok spring reveals itself to be sentient and attacks the creatures NOTE: This is not meant to explain the details or specifics; it's suppose to be a quick catch up to what is going on. In the future important links may or may not be included to help catch up.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Just been approved: Username~ ToACharacter Name~ Countess Emilia di CorruziAge~ 28Specialized weapon~ A short sword made of titanium infused with Edalb, and a retractable wrist knife of the same alloy. Also usually has a brace of titanium throwing daggers.Appearance~ Emilia has a face that would be called pretty, quite so in fact, if not for the lack of emotion it usually has. She has cold, steely blue eyes, and neck-length brown hair, which is usually tied behind her head. However, when she needs to be, Emilia can become quite the temptress, and seems almost a different person in her look. She wears titanium armor which gives protection without hindering her movement, over black clothing, including a hooded tunic. Her clothes are made for stealth and allow her to move without much noise. They are also quite expensive, due to a unique feature- Edalb is woven into the clothing, making the wearer immune to most magical attacks. This would be widely used by the military, but it's incredibly expensive to weave in enough to be effective.Ability/Trait~ Emilia is stealthy, agile, and an excellent climber. She's able to sneak into buildings and assassinate targets with ease, and is a great spy. She's also a Countess, and though much of her family's wealth is gone, she still is quite rich by common standards. However, Emilia's real art is in seduction. When she wants to, Emilia is capable of bending most men to her will through her innate beauty and knowledge of body language. This also allows her to read people well.Bio~ The di Corruzi family was once of the most powerful noble human families in Alkermpa. Emilia grew up in it, living the pampered life of royalty, but at the age of 18, having no male siblings, she enlisted in the army, serving for five years and earning the rank of two-dropped sergeant. She did her time then left, deciding to enter into higher education. However, when the war broke out, the di Corruzi family were the first to be attacked by the warlocks. Their lands were taken and rendered infertile, their houses destroyed, and much of their riches stolen. Emilia was studying at Orcen when she heard the news. She quickly made her way home, but found it was true- everything was gone. She was able to recover some of her family's wealth from accounts in other cities, and with it had her weapons and armor made. She was trained by the best assassins, former spies, and thieves in the Empire- she bought their teaching and their secrecy, combining it with her military training and combat abilities. She learned to use her beauty and her skills as a tool to accomplish her biggest goal- to hunt down the warlocks responsible for the destruction of her family, and return the di Corruzi family to honor. Username~ ToACharacter Name~ Anwar Al' HassinAge~ 20Specialization~ Sand magic. At this stage, Anwar is capable of transmuting his body into a living cloud of sand, providing quick transportation and an effective defense against attack. He is only capable of taking organic material with him into sand form, and thus carries no metal.Appearance~ Anwar has the dark tan skin of a desert-dweller, with a short black beard and ear-length hair. He wears a brown hood over his head to shield it from the sun, and his eyes have a faint orange glow. He wears light, but ornate bone armor over leather clothing, which, while not titanium, provides decent protection as well as being able to transmute back and forth with him. He carries a wooden staff with runes carved on it, which curves into a U shape at the top, and a bone dagger.Ability/Trait~ Anwar is a skilled fighter and adept at desert survival, having spent his whole life there. He is quite magically powerful, but is only beginning to realize his abilities.Bio~ Deep in the Anrefni lives a village of warlocks. 300 miles from civilization, they have one village of 400 souls gathered around the only oasis known in the desert. Long ago, these warlocks grew tired of the constant struggle between humans and warlocks, and exiled themselves into the desert, praying the Makers would find them a way out. After weeks of traveling, and week from loss of Avmuh, they found an oasis, which they named Al' Qadi. But not just any oasis. By some strange property, the water in the oasis contained dissolved Avmuh- the exact opposite of seawater. Thanking the makers, they made their home here, and cut off all contact with civilization, dedicating themselves to building a new life in Anrefni. Though it was hard, the warlocks have made tremendous progress, and they are able to carve out a life for themselves around the oasis. The warlocks here study and practice magic constantly, with their environment inspiring new desert magic- magic of heat, sand, and rock, among other things. Some of them have tamed the giant snakes that live far in the desert, and use them for transportation. No one has heard from them in centuries, and no one in the main part of Alkermpa even knows they exist, and they are content to keep it that way. The warlocks of Al' Qadi, however, have very strict laws. To violate one of these laws results in banishment to the wastes to die. Anwar was born in Al' Qadi, and trained in sand magic when he chose his specialization. A few weeks after his twentieth birthday, he got into a fight with another warlock. The fight escalated until it was broken up by one of the elders, and the two were chastised. However, the other warlock, Manu, promised revenge. A few days later, Anwar returned to his home to find his mother, his only living parent, dead of burns. Knowing that Manu specialized in heat magic, he confronted the other warlock in front of the elders. However, Manu was the son of one of the elders, and they believed him over Anwar. Angered by what he perceived as injustice, Anwar took the law into his own hands. That night, when Manu went for a walk in the desert, Anwar ambushed and killed him. However, Manu's cries alerted the watchmen, and Anwar could not escape. He was brought back to the council, and while Manu's father wanted to execute him, he was condemned to banishment, which was thought to be just as good. He was taken far away from the village, blindfolded, so that he could not find his way back, given one day's supply of water from the oasis, and left for dead. Aimless, angry, and with nothing left to lose, Anwar trudged through the dunes, looking for anything. In anger, he turned his body into a cloud of sand, and sped through the desert, deciding to burn off his Avmuh so that he would die quicker. However, by some miracle just as his magic began to run out, he collapsed only 15 miles from a warlock desert village on the outskirts of the Order's land, where he was found by a traveling merchant. The other warlock fed Anwar some Avmuh, and brought him back from the brink. Thanking the man, but utterly lost and confused, Anwar caught up on most of the recent history of Alkermpa, and then took his leave. He's currently on the outskirts of the order, looking for a way to get home, no matter what. If either of the two nations can get him back, he'll do whatever they ask. IC: Jerry began jogging towards the man, his thundering footfalls being both heard and felt throughout the battle. His glowing yellow eyes let out the same steady light, not revealing any hint of emotion.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

OOC: Augh JC post! IC: [Menelaus] Menelaus ducked under the blade of a human, then made a brutal horizontal swipe with his broadsword. The human crumpled to the ground. They fall so easily. It's a wonder that they're beating us. IC: [Constantine] Constantine dimmed the light around himself to make himself hard to see; it was much easier to do with the unnatural darkness of the sky. Using this, he dodged around until he found a human who had retreated momentarily, and was hold a shortsword and roundshield. Constantine sprung out in front of him and revealed himself, simultaneously using the light that rushed in to him to form a bright beam which blinded his opponent. The human dropped his sword fell to his knees, clutching his burned eyes and screaming. Constantine quickly grabbed the human's sword and ended him with a swift thrust, a sick feeling in his stomach. How can we do this to each other? Regardless, survival was an issue, so Constantine took the human's shield as well. OOC: Thomas, if you want Jonis to team up with either of my characters that's great.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

OOC: I'll try. IC: [Felix] Two warlocks bursting forwards and attacking the party caused Felix to get seperated from the group. He killed one of those warlocks, mostly due to luck, but when he looked around he couldn't spot his team. So instead he went with the next best option and joined th fray. IC: [isaac] One of the attacking warlocks had knocked Isaac off his feet and also backwards a couple. He immediately lost sight of his team. He managed to defeat the warlock by quickly snatching up his crossbow and firing a lucky shot. It was then that he saw the spring. Isaac had no idea what it was doing, but it looked desperate, protective... Benevolent. Suddenly, the magnitude of being ordered to kill it struck Isaac. He found himself unable to bear the thought. But with the battle... I can say I was caught in the fray and unable to fight through to the pond. Perhaps I'll lose the explosive as well... Isaac hated lying, but it was better than murder.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

IC: [Marek] Marek strolled up to the fountain, hoping other warlocks might have gathered to benefit from its energies, but it was less crowded than he'd hoped. He watched as it batted at the orbs in the sky. It was magnificent, Marek had no other words to describe it. The sound coming off of it rolled over Marek, he could feel the pulse of the water as it battled. He turned and looked at a lone human soldier with a crossbow standing near a dead warlock. His eyes narrowed as he looked at the soldier. He formed words quickly as he turned back to the fountain. If he could scare the human away, they wouldn't have to fight, which was fine with Marek. HUMAN. The words came from everywhere, yet were distinctly directed at Isaac. WHY ARE YOU HERE.

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

ICHe sank heavily at the small tavern, ordering a glass of what passed for ale at the oasis.Anwar was exhausted from the day. He'd had to go recover one of the giant serpents which had wandered off, as well as fend off  some vultures from a goat that had been slaughtered. This in addition to his magic training, had left him dead tired.Suddenly, the door opened. Anwar glanced back to see who was there, and silently cursed.Manu.The other warlock strode up to the bar, sitting down right next to Anwar.**** it, silently cursed Anwar.Manu ordered a drink, and looked over to Anwar."Ah, Anwar! Heard you let out one of the snakes, eh?""No. A guard let it out. I tracked it down.""...Right, that's what I'd say too. Well, suit yourself, I guess," chuckled Manu.Anwar held his tongue, but he was itching to strike the insolent warlock."So," said Manu, striking up the conversation again. "How's your mother?""She's fine," replied Anwar curtly, wondering what he was getting at."I'd keep a close eye on her, if I were you," said Manu. "Wouldn't want anything to happen to her, with no man around."Anwar stared straight ahead, but  Manu leaned in close and whispered in his ear. "Of course, it's probably a good thing you're not around- I mean, she has to make a living somehow."Anwar's eyes flashed with rage, and he spun around, knocking his drink over. He hand went to Manu's throat and tightened, lifting him up. His blazing eyes glared straigt into the other warlock's."If you ever insult my mother again, I will ram your ******* head through this bar. Got it?"Manu nodded, eyes wide.Anwar let go, dropping him, and turning away."Oh, Anwar?" asked Manu innocently.Anwar turned back around. "Wha-"He was cut off by Manu delivering a powerful blow to his face, followed by one to his gut. Manu reared back for another punch, but just as he swung, Anwar's body disintegrated, leaving Manu to strike the bar instead. The sand flowed in a cloud around Manu, collecting together to form Anwar on the other side, who delivered a powerful kick to his opponent's face as Manu turned around. Manu staggered back, but charged Anwar, throwing them both outside the bar.Manu leaped off of Anwar, and his hands glowed a bright orange as flames danced around his arms. Anwar turned to sand and scattered himself just as Manu unleashed a fiery blast, turning the sand Anwar had been lying on to glass.The sand that made up Anwar, however, collected itself behind Manu, where he lifted the warlock and used his own body weight to slam Manu against the ground. Both warlocks leapt up, and charged each other, Manu's hand's glowing with fire, Anwar's body turning to sand.Suddenly a single word rang out in both of their minds.STOP.Immediately they froze, Anwar's body collecting itself back together.A bearded, ornately robed man, obviously a member of the council, strode up. He snapped his fingers, and both of them were able to move again."Fighting is not permitted. Both of you return to your homes. Now."Manu and Anwar glared at each other before walking away. As they left, Manu called back, "Don't think I'm done with you! Just wait and see!"Anwar returned home and shed his clothing and armor. With a sigh, he collapsed into bed. He looked out the window carved into his sandstone home at the starry desert sky.There's got to be more out there than this, thought the mage. I'm sick of this place.He looked over and saw his mother. She was an old, frail woman, fast asleep.As he closed his eyes and drifted to sleep, one final thought formed itself in his mind.Don't worry, Mother. I won't let anything happen to you.

Edited by Toast of Awesomeness

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: Tsulrix peered around a corner briefly, spotting another crowd of human soldiers, and ducked back into the alley. When she heard their footsteps, she kicked a barrel of alcohol towards the soldiers, igniting it. She felt a mixture of joy and disgust as she heard their screams, then smelled the stench of burning human flesh. Tsulcrix cursed at herself for being so weak. Either you kill them, or they kill you. This is no place for empathy. She thought, running back into the alley to prepare another ambush. OOC: Maybe I should have thought of more combat applications when I made this character...oh well.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

OOC: So for my mental aid, is this battle super dense, like if you swing your sword randomly you'll hit a good 5 people, no elbow room, etc. etc. Or is it more of a one-on-one fight between people and you could walk around a little without being in peril every other second?

I am/Have been:

Thomas.Hunter

Thomas of Hunter

Valborg Svensson

OOC: It seems to be a bit of both. You definitely have room to walk around a little without being attacked, but you'll probably run into more than one person at a time.

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

OOCWell, Arhtok is a small place and it's already filled by evacuated warlocks from Mox; the tens of thousands of humans pouring in isn't helping any. But I mean, it depends on where you are; the open shop areas and such would be less crowded than the narrow streets, obviously. It is getting pretty packed though.

voidstars.png

OOCAt the moment your noble lady is going be stuck in Orcen, but Koth might be able to set up a meeting with his planned noble

voidstars.png

OOCI did; go to the conversation and check page two. IC in a bit, maybe.

voidstars.png

IC: With her free arm, Karin took her dagger and brought it up to the inside of the elbow joint in the warlock's armour.OOC: I'll go add him.Also, I'm planning on probably having another human for the second team in addition to the mentioned nobleman. Probably.The nobleman is more of an NPC character like the Emperor.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC: Karin gasped in pain, but resisted the urge to feel the wound. She pulled herself out from under the warlock and got to her feet. "Commander!" she shouted, "I don't suppose you could give me a bit of help?"OOC: ToA, would you happen to have AIM or anything else of the sort? It's by far the easiest form of communication available so I wouldn't need to waste space with OOC or fill my (or anyone else's) inbox with PMs.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC: [isaac] Isaac jumped when he heard the noise. "What do you want?" It was a warlock trick, of course, but Isaac was willing to parley at this point.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

IC: Boru growled- a deep, guttural sound that definitely wasn't human. With his right hand, he reared back for another swing with his hammer, while he raised his left hand, a faint purple flame-like haze glowing around it. Karin's feet felt like lead as gravity entrapped them, while Boru swung his hammer forward.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: (Arhtok, night)"Lieutenant, I was thinking the same thing!" The Commander had gone on the defensive, ducking and weaving backwards. "Fall back to the spring! The assault force had orders to take it first!"(Meanwhile)Even as the Commander began running, hundreds of soldiers poured into the open area around the spring, and these ones weren't ready to fall prey to the sonic warlock; earplugs, after all, were standard issue in that all purpose backpack.OOC:Typing from a phone is horrible.

voidstars.png

OOC: At least I don't have to deal with that horrible junk that my iPod turns Comic Sans into. :3 IC: "Commander!" Karin shouted as Monroe ran off, "I need help here!" She struggled to move her feet but was unable to move more than a few inches. She readied herself for the next hammer strike. OOC: help me derp

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOCHerpa derp, completely didn't realize that xD I'm going call in an old friend from Outbreak... IC [Arhtok, Night] A man appeared out of nowhere, wearing a painter's gown and a paint brush. In a quick moment, the man repainted the scene to become where Monroe hadn't started running away from his defenseless second in command. OOCRecton=Done IC [Arhtok, Night] Monroe, seeing Karin about to go down to a hammer strike, summoned all of the energy he had, gave a war cry, and tackled Buro, smashing the man into the ground and freeing Karin from his gravity hold. OOCCan't hold your concentration when you just got rammed into the ground by a 250 lb man.

voidstars.png

IC [Arhtok, Night] One last thing, Monroe thought before bring his fist smashing down on Buro's face. It was a quick strike, giving the man no time to dodge. With that finished, Monroe jumped up, running off with the Lieutenant. OOCVia the powers invested in me, Buro did indeed get knocked out by that punch.

voidstars.png

IC: Boru moaned, and his eyes rolled back in his head. Cairye dashed over to him, checking for any injuries. He'd have a nasty black eye, but he should be all right. Roshad turned Jerry around, jogging back over to his friends. OOC: I'll try to type up a longish IC tonight.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: [Marek] WHAT I WANT IS SIMPLE. TELL ME- Marek froze as he heard hundreds of footsteps getting closer. He looked at Isaac. CHANGE OF PLANS. I WANT TO LIVE. He ran over to Isaac. DID YOU KNOW IT ONLY TAKES 200 HUNDRED DECIBELS OF NOISE TO KILL SOMEONE? THERE IS CURRENTLY ENOUGH NOISE AROUND FOR ME TO KILL YOU. TWICE. BUT I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT. I WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE WHILE I CAN. THERE ARE CURRENTLY HUMAN SOLDIERS ADVANCING ON THIS AREA. I WANT YOU TO GET ME OUT OF HERE. I DON"T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO. I LIVE, YOU LIVE. SOUND FAIR? He looked Isaac in the eyes. OR I CAN KILL YOU RIGHT NOW AND HOPE I MAKE IT OUT ALIVE. YOUR CHOICE.

IC: [isaac] "Two lives saved? Deal. Something good needs to come out of this war."

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

OOC: ToA, I finally came up with a name (Lord Maximillian Valerius) for that noble guy so he and Emilia can do something in Orcen.Also new character:

Username: KothraCharacter Name: Lawrence ReidAge: 28Specialized Weapon: a heavy automatic crossbow designed to fill a support role by suppressing the enemy with a high volume of bolts. Technically a SAW (squad automatic weapon).Appearance: Lawrence is a caucasian man of average height and build (standing at about 6'2"). He has blue eyes, short whitish-blond hair and a goatee. He is somewhat near-sighted so he normally wears glasses. When out of uniform he wears common working clothes but in the red and purple of te Reid family.Ability/Trait: Lawrence spent several years at a university studying medicine, and so is more than capable of performing the duties of a combat medic. He is also skillful at 'acquiring' items of interest.Bio: Lawrence is the second son of the head of Revor's main shipping group, not quite nobility, but still extremely wealthy. He has quite a number of private resources at his disposal. Because of his family's wealth he was able to move on to higher education, studying medicine. He eventually moved on to join the Empire's military as a combat medic. He joined about six years before the war flared up again, and spent much of his time at a garrison in Yotama. He had a tendency to use his wealth to throw the occasional party for the others at the garrison.———Lawrence is an almost haughty person, usually seeing himself above others. He won't bother to do things for others unless ordered to by a higher power or if it will benifit him in some way. He likes to plan quite far ahead, working out details and contingencies.———All of Lawrence's goals for the future revolve around him becoming the head of the Reid shipping company.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC: [isaac]"Where too? I'd rather not be seen."

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png